facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,278
Question Are Bangladeshi cricket fans in Bangladesh losing self-respect ??

Today, I saw so many (bangladeshi) people holding Indian flags and coloring their body with indian flags color. No doubt we used to wave indian or pakistani flags in stadium during 90's when we were hardly playing with any big teams. Most of the time Bangladesh were like a silent audience. But now as we are a test team and also emerging as a competitive team, i think, we (bangladeshi) should be more self-respectful than we used to be. Moreover, where Bangladesh team is playing itself in Bangladesh Tournament, waving other country's flag and coloring whole body with indian flag/paki flag color doesnt look good.

Here many people may argue that, then whats about waving Brazil/ Argentina's flag during WC. But to me thats a different thing. Have you seen any English, Germans waving Brazil's flag ? Have you seen any Brazilian to wave French flags ? Coz they are in the same league and competitor to each other whereas, Bangladesh is no near to them.

But in Cricket, Bangladesh plays in the same league and all those teams compete each other. So in this case, Bangladeshi fans needs to be more thoughtful and self respectful here. Those days are gone buddy where we used to shout each other by the name of India, Pakistan. I am not against india or pakistan; coz We enjoy watching them to play and we may support them as well but thats not at the cost of losing our self respect.



ps: this is my personal view. just wanted to share with you guys. i may not express myself properly. so forgive my ignorance and please feel free to comment.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; January 5, 2010 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

How do you know that they are not travelling Indian fans? Kolkata is not far from Dhaka and there are many cricket fans who travel a lot.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:39 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,120

If there's no interest from home crowds when the home team is not playing, then revenues suffer.

I dont mind, as long as theyre not supporting any other country over Bangladesh in a match.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:44 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
How do you know that they are not travelling Indian fans? Kolkata is not far from Dhaka and there are many cricket fans who travel a lot.
those are not indian for sure....those are some cheap bangladeshi fans who try to attract TV cameraman !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:45 PM
cric_mady cric_mady is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 21, 2009
Favorite Player: SRT,Ash,Saki,dhoni,drvid
Posts: 348

Whats wrong in supporting our neighbour when our team isnt playing...!! grow up!

terrible thread to tell the least!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:48 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
If there's no interest from home crowds when the home team is not playing, then revenues suffer.

I dont mind, as long as theyre not supporting any other country over Bangladesh in a match.

i also dnt mind supporting other country over bangladesh, but we should be careful that we dnt go over the top in the process !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:48 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I dont mind, as long as theyre not supporting any other country over Bangladesh in a match.
Exactly. I do flinch when Bangladeshis support Pakistan - call me an egotistic bastard with issues for that or whatever - but at the end of the day, all that matters is whether these people are having trouble eating before a Bangladesh game.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
those are not indian for sure....those are some cheap bangladeshi fans who try to attract TV cameraman !
And what is wrong to get his/her one minute of fame? This can not be considered as an act of insubordination.

Shorkari mal churi, on the other hand, is a bigger crime done by so called patriots who represent our nation.
+++
Did you not see Koreans and Japanese supporting Brazil in WC finals?

By the way, what Germany is to Football, Bd is not to Cricket.
More like what Japan is to Football, BD is to cricket.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:59 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,278

thanks a lot guys to make me clear. I dnt knw whether u watched today's game properly or not, but some bangladeshi supporters craziness towards other teams likely india/paki team make me feel uncomfortable and confused !! As u guys dnt feel the same way, i guess, i m taking this quite seriously. thanks !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 5, 2010, 03:10 PM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
those are not indian for sure....those are some cheap bangladeshi fans who try to attract TV cameraman !
Dear brother...look who lost the "self-respect" here!! fans are fans. don't tag them under "cheapness" specially when they are Bangladeshi as you are also Bangladeshi I guess !! they were your country men ! they paid ticket to support guest team being in the gallery in this unbearable cold weather.... thus our identity as friendly cricketing nation/supporter was once again shown around the world !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 5, 2010, 03:20 PM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,641

There is a large Indian expats populace in Dhaka. That being said, I grew up watching a lot of our own country men waving Indian and Pakistani flags when those two faced each other.
__________________
"City of Champions is better than Hockeytown" - Coach Dan Bylsma of the Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh Penguins.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 5, 2010, 03:59 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,749

Not only men women has lost it way before the indian team arrived... just watch the crazy for watching indian movies and stuff... oh btw how about this?

__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,349

Dear bhais, please don't misunderstand our asddsa bhai, I know where he is coming from. Also asddsa bhai, please don't misunderstand some of them crowds showing Indian support/cheer through body paint, flags etc. As some of the bros explained here already, I will also reiterate the fact that there is good substantial number of Indian (more) and Pakistani and a small number of SriLankan citizens living and working in Dhaka, BD, throughout the business industry, Import-export sector etc. My parents often had Indian tenants and some of my relatives who has big (not so big, in their context) business in Dhaka have a decent number of Indian employees/staffs (accounting, billing, admin. etc.). And these Indians have a lot of Bangladeshi friends/colleagues who will go to the stadium and show their support for their friend's team in cricket! that's all...after all at the end of the day, under all the body paints and fabrics of flags, we are simply human and nothing but human!

Also I think some BD supporters might have supported India since BD lost to SL, thus they wanted to send the winning vibe to India probably to stabilize the tourny with the hope that then BD would have a chance to be in the play, after all we, BD are the weakest team among the 3 here!

Man it feels very lonely, very empty, vacuum and extremely sad like feeling when I see my Bangladesh lose, but after the game, the next day when my Bangladesh is out of the equation, I will go with my fellow Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan cousins/friends back to the stadium to watch their team playing against another team, maybe with some of their color on and roudy smile and even though they just beat us BD yesterday. At the end of the day we are all human and boy,we love that cricket.

P.S. Also a flight or bus ride from Calcutta Dhaka is relatively cheap and quick, it is indeed very very good for our economy that foreign supporters travel to our Bangladesh and spend the money in BD even if their country is our rival at the field.
__________________
Mama, the Chudurbhudur will continue till kingdom come!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear bhais, please don't misunderstand our asddsa bhai, I know where he is coming from. Also asddsa bhai, please don't misunderstand some of them crowds showing Indian support/cheer through body paint, flags etc. As some of the bros explained here already, I will also reiterate the fact that there is good substantial number of Indian (more) and Pakistani and a small number of SriLankan citizens living and working in Dhaka, BD, throughout the business industry, Import-export sector etc. My parents often had Indian tenants and some of my relatives who has big (not so big, in their context) business in Dhaka have a decent number of Indian employees/staffs (accounting, billing, admin. etc.). And these Indians have a lot of Bangladeshi friends/colleagues who will go to the stadium and show their support for their friend's team in cricket! that's all...after all at the end of the day, under all the body paints and fabrics of flags, we are simply human and nothing but human!

Also I think some BD supporters might have supported India since BD lost to SL, thus they wanted to send the winning vibe to India probably to stabilize the tourny with the hope that then BD would have a chance to be in the play, after all we, BD are the weakest team among the 3 here!

Man it feels very lonely, very empty, vacuum and extremely sad like feeling when I see my Bangladesh lose, but after the game, the next day when my Bangladesh is out of the equation, I will go with my fellow Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan cousins/friends back to the stadium to watch their team playing against another team, maybe with some of their color on and roudy smile and even though they just beat us BD yesterday. At the end of the day we are all human and boy,we love that cricket.

P.S. Also a flight or bus ride from Calcutta Dhaka is relatively cheap and quick, it is indeed very very good for our economy that foreign supporters travel to our Bangladesh and spend the money in BD even if their country is our rival at the field.
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 5, 2010, 04:20 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
Agree.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 5, 2010, 04:54 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

This is one of the very few things that I see everyone really finding it difficult to get the balance right of.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with cheering* and supporting** a different country (no matter what the history between that and my country is) unless they're playing against my team. However, I would actually never go to a match painting on myself some other country's flag, coz to me that's something only my own flag deserves. But neither would I judge (but I wouldn't appreciate either) the ones who do that, coz I wouldn't know what points of view he's carrying in this matter, and whether that's reasonable or not. BUT again if the same person doesn't come to his own country's match with his own flag painted on his body, then I have a problem (and again, that's just me...though I know most of the others would agree too). So before I comment on the guy who painted Ind's flag in today's match, first I've to know whether he really was a BD man and second whether he came to watch BD's match yesterday (or would come to any of the BD matches) with BD's flag painted on him.

* And even more so when them winning would help my team out.

** But I wouldn't tolerate getting into stupid arguements over supporting different countries, as some of us back home (heck, even some overseas) still do. Like - ''Ind-supporting BD people'' and ''Pak-supporting BD people'' getting into fight for useless reasons. That's just pathetic.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:03 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,640

They may be Indian expats living in Bangladesh. But yeah if they are Bangladeshi then I gotta say it's pretty sad and disrespectful.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:06 PM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

Supporting is ok, when bd is not playing butpainting body is too much
anyway bangla girls have reputations of following other fans activity and copy from fans

during 94 wc one American girl hold a banner Tony meola marry me, it was hit over the net.
Then a Bengali girl hold banner. Afridi marry me

its funny and silly. I think we should have some limit

joke: if a girl hold poster, written enamul haq moni. Marry me
how wud be ur reaction?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

As long as the match is not being played against bangladesh OR the team is Pakistan (provided it is not the bihari crowd) then I really dont mind this.....

Bangladeshi fans were first put to limelight for theie hospitality during the Knowckout world cup, lets not be hostile...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

Firstly I would never do that coz I know I’m pure breed and I love my country .. secondly before we point the fingers to someone we need to make sure that they're genuine Bengali.. As said by Miraz bhai they could be travelling Indian fans also there are many Bengalis living in BD where their origin is from India.. i.e. father or mother’s side from India.. if that’s the case I see nothing wrong with that..
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:10 PM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

imo supporting other country is fine but not over doing it..
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 5, 2010, 05:47 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,393

lol, another example to counter Akabir77's nice find.

Did we not see "Marry me" signs from the WIan fans for Tamim?

I align myself with tiger_club. I can't do that even if someone offers me a huge some of money (extra motivation). But I would tollerate if someone besides me does that.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 5, 2010, 07:33 PM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, another example to counter Akabir77's nice find.

Did we not see "Marry me" signs from the WIan fans for Tamim?

I align myself with tiger_club. I can't do that even if someone offers me a huge some of money (extra motivation). But I would tollerate if someone besides me does that.

awww, that sounds cute to me.

but again, if bengali girls do that----thats not tolerable, thats shameless, thats silly
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 5, 2010, 07:36 PM
detshoitan detshoitan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 21, 2006
Posts: 569
Default waste

how do u know? they could be from Kolkata or other cities close to bangaldesh or could be students studing in Dhaka or forign workers....this is a waste of a thread...


Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
Today, I saw so many (bangladeshi) people holding Indian flags and coloring their body with indian flags color. No doubt we used to wave indian or pakistani flags in stadium during 90's when we were hardly playing with any big teams. Most of the time Bangladesh were like a silent audience. But now as we are a test team and also emerging as a competitive team, i think, we (bangladeshi) should be more self-respectful than we used to be. Moreover, where Bangladesh team is playing itself in Bangladesh Tournament, waving other country's flag and coloring whole body with indian flag/paki flag color doesnt look good.

Here many people may argue that, then whats about waving Brazil/ Argentina's flag during WC. But to me thats a different thing. Have you seen any English, Germans waving Brazil's flag ? Have you seen any Brazilian to wave French flags ? Coz they are in the same league and competitor to each other whereas, Bangladesh is no near to them.

But in Cricket, Bangladesh plays in the same league and all those teams compete each other. So in this case, Bangladeshi fans needs to be more thoughtful and self respectful here. Those days are gone buddy where we used to shout each other by the name of India, Pakistan. I am not against india or pakistan; coz We enjoy watching them to play and we may support them as well but thats not at the cost of losing our self respect.



ps: this is my personal view. just wanted to share with you guys. i may not express myself properly. so forgive my ignorance and please feel free to comment.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 5, 2010, 07:37 PM
detshoitan detshoitan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 21, 2006
Posts: 569
Default hahaah

is that ur gf? she is fat dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Not only men women has lost it way before the indian team arrived... just watch the crazy for watching indian movies and stuff... oh btw how about this?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket