facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 7, 2010, 10:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Lightbulb We need to think about our batting strategy.

Yes we did well in batting at first two matches, but we could do better. Some points need to consider:

1) Opening combination is all right. Tamim is trying to hit and Imrul wants to save wicket, ideal combination at this state. May be in one match we can send Nafees and see who is better?

2) Asraful comes to the 3rd place and his first job seems to me is to kill the RR, may be that is our strategy (from coach) for not loosing so many early wicket. Ok. But the next Batsman is Sakib/ Raquibul. At this moment Sakib is out of from, he did not score any big runs in the DPL. And number 4 is the very important position for Batting side. As it seems Ashraful is eating a lot of balls, then it put the pressure on other batsman to increase the RR. Neither Roquibul nor Sakib (with his current form) are able to do this. Sakib is the captain, so he earns to play all the matches, Ashraful is taking his preparation for some thing (I do not have any clue, asks Siddons) he gets the free license to block. So we need to drop Roquibul and bring some dashing Batsman—may be Aftab/Kapali and both can do bowling.

3) Power play should be taken when the best Batsman (not on the paper, based on the playing condition) are on the crease. In the both matches BD took the power play when the best batsman left the crease. Just for an example: In the Last match in my view batting Power Play should be taken after first 15 over, when Ash and Imrul were in the crease, we had plenty of runs for just only 1 wicket, we should easily take this risk.

I do not want to discuss anything on our bowling department. We do not have any good bowler at this stage in the team. We have to play with what we have now.

Last edited by CricFanBD; January 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM..