facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2010, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs down What is Siddons problem with ICLers

3 rd match in a row and no ICLers yet. Why are they being selected if Siddons wont play them. I dont think its Sakib, its very much Mr Siddons.

As I write this, the test player Raqibul 37 off 62 balls and we are looking at another respectable defeat. Good job Siddons and the spineless captain and selectors.

Old January 8, 2010, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq sent before Riyad and Naeem when we have a RR of 4.5?? Do we have a think tank, and if yes, can it actually think?
Old January 8, 2010, 06:44 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Amla, Azhar, Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
Mushfiq sent before Riyad and Naeem when we have a RR of 4.5?? Do we have a think tank, and if yes, can it actually think?
You have got the answer to that, eh?
Old January 8, 2010, 06:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If Ash was playing on I would send Mushfik to partner him at number 4 in such situation.
Old January 8, 2010, 06:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

lol, as if ICLers are Ponting Tendulkar. They are not any better than the current lot. Specially Aftab. That leaves SN. He will get his chances.

You can't drop the captain.
Nor can you drop Naeem.
Nor Riyad.
Ash living up to his average as ususal. But drop him and the same you will scream.
Rakibul at least had a partnership. I concede he is slow. but for ODIs and our team full of sloggers he is the one who holds together.

Without partnership there is no runs that a team can protect. In any form. You saw what happened in the powerplay today. No partnership and only 32 runs.
Old January 8, 2010, 06:53 AM
Cricket Guru

I actually support Siddons in not picking ICLers.
When they left, Bangladesh were struggling to make a playing 11 and we even won against big team with these players. So unless we are in great need to replace a player, we don't really need ICLers do we?
But I think they can try Aftab out. I mean i see no sign of SN as imrul has taken his place very well
Old January 8, 2010, 06:55 AM
Cricket Savant

The SR of every player went down today except Mushi. That shoould tell it was not easy to bat. The ball wasn't coming on to the bat as the commentators were saying (several times). This group has grown together a lot. They will grow more. We have to be patient. That is the key.

Breaking up chemistry to please some fans is a dissaster in making. From the 250+s we will go back to 230s in NZ pitches if we are lucky.
Old January 8, 2010, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

problem is ICLers are batsmen... and our own batsmen are doing great.... why do we make a change.
Old January 8, 2010, 06:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am disappointed with PP performance, so far we established yet another undesired record .
Old January 8, 2010, 07:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
I actually support Siddons in not picking ICLers.
When they left, Bangladesh were struggling to make a playing 11 and we even won against big team with these players. So unless we are in great need to replace a player, we don't really need ICLers do we?
But I think they can try Aftab out. I mean i see no sigh of SN as imrul has taken his place very well
so antora lets take rahim karim jodu modhu from dpl league if we think we don't need iclers.....the fact is that bd team really needs speedy players. nowdays even ashraful's shommanjonok 40-50 runs out of 90 balls not gonna help the team to win the match, and also rock's 40-50 runs out of 100 balls......is it gonna help when chasing 350+ runs?......or is it gonna help to score 350+ runs?........cricket is fast nowdays. you can't play like dravid/yousuf ......you have to play like shewag/dilshan/gambhir

bd team wants to win, but in order to win games, the team has do experiment with the batting lineup.......240-290 runs on the board is not gonna help
Old January 8, 2010, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
3 rd match in a row and no ICLers yet. Why are they being selected if Siddons wont play them. I dont think its Sakib, its very much Mr Siddons.

As I write this, the test player Raqibul 37 off 62 balls and we are looking at another respectable defeat. Good job Siddons and the spineless captain and selectors.
Please think before you write. Do the so called ICL-ers deserve a place? Why and How? they are the same fools they were before. If and when Imrul fails, SN will be given a chance and aftab should stay away from the national side until he grows a pair. I really don't see your point, and I highly doubt it there was any point to begin with.

Checkout the stats. Rocky is by far our best bat against Asian teams. Aftab has only one fifty against India which had a SR not much greater that Rock's.

If all you want is quick fire 20's, then quit complaining about losses. A 296 couldn't be defended, what makes you think SN or Aftab could in anyway improve the situation?
Old January 8, 2010, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:

I think SN and Aftab r good player but we have more better player in the team so this two are not included in best 11.Actually i dont see place for this two guy.As all the batsman are doing good.SN is no longer a material for opening.Then where is the place u want to play them?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 8, 2010, 07:05 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

People talk as if leaving for ICL was like leaving for Madina from Mecca!

As if they have done something special so that they must have a quota in the national team.

Give me a break. With the current batting lineup may be SN will get a chance in place of Kayes, but everyone else is doing decent enough that they do not need a replacement.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
so antora lets take rahim karim jodu modhu from dpl league if we think we don't need iclers.....the fact is that bd team really needs speedy players. nowdays even ashraful's shommanjonok 40-50 runs out of 90 balls not gonna help the team to win the match, and also rock's 40-50 runs out of 100 balls......is it gonna help when chasing 350+ runs......or is it gonna help to score 350+ runs........cricket is fast nowdays. you can't play like dravid/yousuf ......you have to play like shewag/dilshan/gambhir

bd team wants to win, but in order to win games, the team has do experiment with the batting lineup.......240-290 runs on the board is not gonna help
Really?? You are certainly watching different sets of game compared to me.

Ask Dilshan / Sehwag why they are so fearless. Without players like Dravid or Sanga, they wouldn't and couldn't play like the do.
Did you not see last match against India? We lost the match to a grafter like Kohli when all the "Bullet trains" werer back in pavilion.

One advice: Stick to T20.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

guys if we don't want iclers then find rahim korim jodhu modhu from dpl league. again i'm telling. shommanjonok 40-50 runs out of 90-100 balls from a batsman is not gonna help for the team to win the match. the thing is that we always depend on mahmud and nayeem to accelerate the score. but literally, they not gonna perform every single day. The team has has to do experiment with the batting lineup. the team management can try rahim karim jodhu modhu or icles.....but has to do experiment for sure in order to win the game
Old January 8, 2010, 07:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Really?? You are certainly watching different sets of game compared to me.

Ask Dilshan / Sehwag why they are so fearless. Without players like Dravid or Sanga, they wouldn't and couldn't play like the do.
Did you not see last match against India? We lost the match to a grafter like Kohli when all the "Bullet trains" werer back in pavilion.

One advice: Stick to T20.
allright then, lets go for 240-290 runs, which will led to shommanjonok porajoy......and bro, watch the public demand.

sangakara and dhoni are such kinda players who can change their batting gear at anytime, but literally, bd got no one to do that. ashraful? nowdays he look for shommanjonok score, which is like 40-50 runs out of 100 balls.rock? the samething!
Old January 8, 2010, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
allright then, lets go for 240-290 runs, which will led to shommanjonok porajoy......and bro, watch the public demand.

sangakara and dhoni are such kinda players who can change their batting gear at anytime, but literally, bd got no one to do that. ashraful? nowdays he look for shommanjonok score, which is like 40-50 runs out of 100 balls.rock? the samething!
Again, I ask you what set of game are you watching? don't confuse Rock with Golla. Rock can hiot and his SR against the G8 shows that. The fact that we crossed 290 yesterday owes a lot to Rocky. If he didn't build partnership with Riyad, we'd be getting 260 at best(watch what happened to day).

The fact that we don't have any bat with all gears is no excuse to blame someone with most.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:

You should stick to watching other sports like soccer and T20, buddy. Cricket is not like soccer, where you can just keep swapping players from the bench.

I myself thought Nafees and Aftab should be in the 15, but don't see any place for Nafees at least, with Imrul doing so well. I was thinking that it would've been good if we could try Aftab since he can hit well, and seems like he has also rectified his old ways from what he did at DPL, which I don't think he ever did b4. In addition, Aftab can bowl the Collingwood type wobblers which would've been very handy on this wicket, esp. with spinnersnot getting grip on ball. Rokib does have a role to play, but seems both Ash and Imrul are playng the same grafting role with better results. However, Ash might not maintain this for long, and Kayes just came in. If I did anything, it'd be to rest Rokib for Aftab for the sake of team combo and an extra bowler.

But I wouldn't wanna put anyone in just because they've arrived back from ICL and ppl are curious to see them play. I can tell you Nafees has only a 5% chance of getting the amount of consistency Imrul is getting against two top notch teams.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
so antora lets take rahim karim jodu modhu from dpl league if we think we don't need iclers.....the fact is that bd team really needs speedy players. nowdays even ashraful's shommanjonok 40-50 runs out of 90 balls not gonna help the team to win the match, and also rock's 40-50 runs out of 100 balls......is it gonna help when chasing 350+ runs?......or is it gonna help to score 350+ runs?........cricket is fast nowdays. you can't play like dravid/yousuf ......you have to play like shewag/dilshan/gambhir

I'm not telling them to play like dravid :S but I certainly don't want Aftab or Sn to replace say Ash, who actually seems to be getting his batting right.
and also we have many speedy players Tamim, Ash, Shakib ( depends on the situation), Naeem, Riyad. How many more do we need? If we don't have players like Rakib to stable the innings... we won't get near 300 ! Also why do we need to select players from DPL? the current team is doing fine.
Firts game 270ish, second match 296 and third 249. yes the 3rd was a poor effort compared to the 2nd and 1st. But we can't just drop players and pick ICLers thinking they'll do better!
I don't think any experiment needs to be taken at this stage with the batting, we are doing fine!
Old January 8, 2010, 07:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You are new so welcome to BC.

Last checked Siraji was among the public just like you and me. We ain't screaming for Roks ouster nor bhuwa players inclusion.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

I dont know why people are complaining about Shaqib and Raqib today, if they hadnt batted sensibly and consolidated, we would've been in an even deeper hole. We needed that partnership at that stage and the lankans were bowling well. If they hadnt played that, we would've been into the tail pretty quickly. Siddons has a game plan wth our batting line-up which is what they try to execute out there in the field. Players like Tamim can start blazing off like the way he does, because he knows there are batsmen like Raqib and Shaqib who can build partnerships, consolidate and steady the ship if it starts to shake and players like Mushfique, Mahmudullah and Naeem get a chance to free their arms at the end because players like Raqib, Shaqib and Ashraful built partnnerships and left wickets in hand so that they can accelaerate all they want in the last 10 overs.

Raqib is no Javed Omar, he can play all the orthodox shots very well and rotates the strike pretty well, and has a good temperament, he has a specific role in the team and he tries to play accordingly. I shudder to think what Aftab would've done if he was in the team today instead of Raqib, and came in after Ashraful got out, he wouldn't have tried to consolidate and was more likely to perish trying to unnecessarily accelaerate in the middle overs. Then waht would've happened is, Mahamudullah, Naeem would then have to come in the 3oth over and try to stay in the wicket against spinners can you really imagine Naeem playing 15 overs without throwing his wicket away?

Last edited by dark mage; January 8, 2010 at 07:40 AM..
Old January 8, 2010, 07:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Anyone here to predict by how many wickets we will lose today?

I say 9.
Old January 8, 2010, 07:36 AM

Too many day dreamer around BC these days as it seems.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:20 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
guys if we don't want iclers then find rahim korim jodhu modhu from dpl league. again i'm telling. shommanjonok 40-50 runs out of 90-100 balls from a batsman is not gonna help for the team to win the match. the thing is that we always depend on mahmud and nayeem to accelerate the score. but literally, they not gonna perform every single day. The team has has to do experiment with the batting lineup. the team management can try rahim karim jodhu modhu or icles.....but has to do experiment for sure in order to win the game
There is a two-match test series coming up. So, there's hope for the IcL players yet.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I dont know why people are complaining about Shaqib and Raqib today, if they hadnt batted sensibly and consolidated, we would've been in an even deeper hole. We needed that partnership at that stage and the lankans were bowling well. If they hadnt played that, we would've been into the tail pretty quickly. Siddons has a game plan wth our batting line-up which is what they try to execute out there in the field. Players like Tamim can start blazing off like the way he does, because he knows there are batsmen like Raqib and Shaqib who can build partnerships, consolidate and steady the ship if it starts to shake and players like Mushfique, Mahmudullah and Naeem get a chance to free their arms at the end because players like Raqib, Shaqib and Ashraful built partnnerships and left wickets in hand so that they can accelaerate all they want in the last 10 overs.
yes u can call that sensible:

Raqibul Hasan c Randiv b Perera 43 71 2 0 60.56

Shakib Al Hasan* c Tharanga b Thushara 47 75 1 0 62.66

WU Tharanga not out 45 45 7 0 100.00

DPMD Jayawardene not out 49 51 6 0 96.07

u can maintain the run-rate just by taking singles.....u can take 6-7 runs per over just by taking singles.