facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old January 25, 2010, 01:48 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,377

For me rakibul still has not played a real long innings which is expected from him. Like an innings mushy or riyadh played

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old January 25, 2010, 01:49 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,085

drop thid bloody loser.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old January 25, 2010, 02:34 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
How is the guy an idiot? Again the guy never throws his wicket away and is a great fielder who never misses catches..an idiot would be a guy who plays carelessly and cant really field(SN)..
Yes, a great fielder who dropped Tendulkar twice.

Can't bat, can't bowl, can't field. The epitome of uselessness.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old January 25, 2010, 02:43 AM
sipon sipon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Location: usa
Favorite Player: tamim/ash/aftab/sakib/ria
Posts: 53

can anybody please remove roqibul from the team . basically we just lost the 2nd test because of roqibul by drooping the tendulkar . and also we dont need no imrul kayes and shafiul islam. we need aftab and alok this will definitely help a little
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old January 25, 2010, 03:23 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipon
can anybody please remove roqibul from the team . basically we just lost the 2nd test because of roqibul by drooping the tendulkar . and also we dont need no imrul kayes and shafiul islam. we need aftab and alok this will definitely help a little
I agree with dropping Raqibul and Imrul, but why Shafiul? He was the only other person besides Shahadat to get a wicket today and he bowled very well last test.

Now I'm clueless as to how bringing Aftab and Alok back will help the team in anyway.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old January 25, 2010, 03:44 AM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

I believe Rock is not as bovine as Ash. Wonder what Siddons is doing to rectify his mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old January 25, 2010, 05:27 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I agree with dropping Raqibul and Imrul, but why Shafiul? He was the only other person besides Shahadat to get a wicket today and he bowled very well last test.

Now I'm clueless as to how bringing Aftab and Alok back will help the team in anyway.
alok as a possible for his leggies but would be better to try shuvo or saqlain sajib first i'd think. the problem with dropping imrul is that there is no one to replace him unless you go back to JO, junaid, SN, NI, nazimuddin etc or try someone new like nazmus sadat or rony talukder. raqibul's spot is a tough one, we need someone at #3 and unless we bring in someone completely new who hasn't done anything domestically or an ex-national teamer who also hasn't performed (alok, aftab) or keep SN then the #3 spot goes to ash or raqibul. that's assuming management and coach and captain actually fix the batting line-up, move riyad and mushy up the order, bring naeem into the order as a middle order bat and move shakib down the order.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old January 25, 2010, 10:05 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
alok as a possible for his leggies but would be better to try shuvo or saqlain sajib first i'd think. the problem with dropping imrul is that there is no one to replace him unless you go back to JO, junaid, SN, NI, nazimuddin etc or try someone new like nazmus sadat or rony talukder. raqibul's spot is a tough one, we need someone at #3 and unless we bring in someone completely new who hasn't done anything domestically or an ex-national teamer who also hasn't performed (alok, aftab) or keep SN then the #3 spot goes to ash or raqibul. that's assuming management and coach and captain actually fix the batting line-up, move riyad and mushy up the order, bring naeem into the order as a middle order bat and move shakib down the order.
Well to be honest, if it were a toss up between Aftab and Alok for a place in any of the sides, it'd be Aftab, though he has performed better in the ODI competition. I doubt his capabilities over Alok in tests, simply due to his lack of concentration. I'm all for trying Shuvo (the spinner) over both Alok or Aftab as well, however, I am enjoying this 3 pacers attack. We definitely need a number 3 batsman specialised for that position - Rakibul has shown no signs that he's the man for the job. I'm not sure if Riyad is the man for the job, and if we're speaking strictly test matches, then Mushy (whom I feel is an ideal number 3 batsman) will have too much responsibility to bear due to his keeping duties. I like the idea of Shakib moving down the order and Naeem playing at 5. I think he'd be a very good innings-builder compared to the likes of Ash. Mushy and Riyad's positions definitely need to be reconsidered.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old January 25, 2010, 02:21 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,085

Oh come on ppl...unexpected really
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old January 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Well to be honest, if it were a toss up between Aftab and Alok for a place in any of the sides, it'd be Aftab, though he has performed better in the ODI competition. I doubt his capabilities over Alok in tests, simply due to his lack of concentration. I'm all for trying Shuvo (the spinner) over both Alok or Aftab as well, however, I am enjoying this 3 pacers attack. We definitely need a number 3 batsman specialised for that position - Rakibul has shown no signs that he's the man for the job. I'm not sure if Riyad is the man for the job, and if we're speaking strictly test matches, then Mushy (whom I feel is an ideal number 3 batsman) will have too much responsibility to bear due to his keeping duties. I like the idea of Shakib moving down the order and Naeem playing at 5. I think he'd be a very good innings-builder compared to the likes of Ash. Mushy and Riyad's positions definitely need to be reconsidered.
well i guess you could open with tamim and imrul, have mushy at #3, riyad at #4, naeem at #5, shakib at #6, a specialist keeper at #7, shuvo at #8 and then your 3 pacers for slots 9,10 and 11. but i lean towards the idea of mushy at 5/6 and keeping the gloves with shakib at 7 and shuvo at 8, only thing is we don't have a good #3 to do this. but i'm not sure whether mushy should be at 3, i've never really been a fan of batting him in the top 3 but it's not like we have many good #3's running around the country.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old January 25, 2010, 07:32 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,750

‘মন খারাপ...?’ প্রশ্নটা শুনে ডাইনিং রুমের দিকে যেতে থাকা রকিবুল হাসান হাসেন। হাসিতে পাল্টা প্রশ্ন, ‘মন খারাপ হবে কেন?’
এবার প্রতিবেদকের পাল্টা মন খারাপ হওয়ার পালা। শচীন টেন্ডুলকারের দু-দুটি ক্যাচ যাঁর হাত থেকে পড়েছে, সেই রকিবুল দিন শেষে ওভাবে হাসতে পারেন! টেন্ডুলকার শেষ পর্যন্ত করেছেন ১৪৩ রান, ভারতের স্কোর দিন শেষে ৪৫৯/৫। ভাবুন একবার, গালিতে দাঁড়ানো রকিবুল যদি শাহাদাত হোসেন ও রুবেল হোসেনের বলে ২৭ ও ৫৩ রানে টেন্ডুলকারের ক্যাচ দুটি নিতে পারতেন, দিন শেষে কী দাঁড়াত ভারতের স্কোরবোর্ডের চেহারা? রকিবুল তারপরও বলেন, ‘মন খারাপ হবে কেন?’
কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের দৃষ্টিতে বাংলাদেশ দলের অন্যতম সেরা ফিল্ডার রকিবুলের মন খারাপ না-ই হতে পারে। ক্যাচ তো এক দিনই আসবে না, প্রতিদিন আসবে। এক দিন যদি দুটো ক্যাচ পড়েই এমন কী ক্ষতি! রকিবুলের ব্যাখ্যা অবশ্য এটা নয়। ক্যাচ মিসের ব্যাপারটাকে ‘পার্ট অব গেম’ হিসেবেই নিয়েছেন তিনি, ‘তাত্ক্ষণিকভাবে মনে হয়েছিল দারুণ একটা সুযোগ হাতছাড়া হয়ে গেছে। পরে অবশ্য ঠিক হয়ে গেছে। খেলায় ও রকম হতেই পারে।’ রকিবুল মনে করেন, দুটি নয় কাল একটি ক্যাচই ছেড়েছেন তিনি, ‘পরেরটা তো ক্যাচ ছিল না! অনেক কঠিন ছিল ওটা। তবে প্রথমটা ধরা উচিত ছিল।’
যতই বলুন ‘মন খারাপ হবে কেন’, শেষ কথাটা কিন্তু মুখে অন্ধকার নামিয়েই বলেছেন রকিবুল।


http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-26/news/37684
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old January 25, 2010, 07:49 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
well i guess you could open with tamim and imrul, have mushy at #3, riyad at #4, naeem at #5, shakib at #6, a specialist keeper at #7, shuvo at #8 and then your 3 pacers for slots 9,10 and 11. but i lean towards the idea of mushy at 5/6 and keeping the gloves with shakib at 7 and shuvo at 8, only thing is we don't have a good #3 to do this. but i'm not sure whether mushy should be at 3, i've never really been a fan of batting him in the top 3 but it's not like we have many good #3's running around the country.
I definitely don't want a specialist keeper in the team. Hence, I'd have to agree with you on keeping Mushy at number 5/6 for the test matches. But I'm not too sure about putting Shakib in at number 7 - he probably should ideally play where he is now at 5, or perhaps even 6 (Mushy's suggested spots), but 7 might be going slightly far.

We need either Mahmudullah or Naeem to be able to play the new ball well, so they can be moved up the order, potentially to number 3. This is of course, if we want to avoid trying out any new batsmen, because we all know how Junaid (in his current form) and Nafees handle the new ball. You could have the order this way:

Tamim
Imrul (once a better opener comes around this guy may need to go)
Mahmudullah (i mention "potentially", he still hasn't been tried with the new ball)
Ash
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy (this is the only spot i can find for him, unless Shakib does play 7)
Shuvo
Shahadat
Shafiul
Rubel
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old January 25, 2010, 08:23 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I definitely don't want a specialist keeper in the team. Hence, I'd have to agree with you on keeping Mushy at number 5/6 for the test matches. But I'm not too sure about putting Shakib in at number 7 - he probably should ideally play where he is now at 5, or perhaps even 6 (Mushy's suggested spots), but 7 might be going slightly far.

We need either Mahmudullah or Naeem to be able to play the new ball well, so they can be moved up the order, potentially to number 3. This is of course, if we want to avoid trying out any new batsmen, because we all know how Junaid (in his current form) and Nafees handle the new ball. You could have the order this way:

Tamim
Imrul (once a better opener comes around this guy may need to go)
Mahmudullah (i mention "potentially", he still hasn't been tried with the new ball)
Ash
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy (this is the only spot i can find for him, unless Shakib does play 7)
Shuvo
Shahadat
Shafiul
Rubel
the reason for shakib to play at 7 is to take pressure off him, i think eventually he'll turnout a pretty decent middle order test batsman but atm he's not quite there. if riyad and mushy move up the order then the lower order such as the #7 batsman should have less pressure because the team shouldn't be in as much trouble as it is nowadays.

also i'm not happy with ash being in the test team nowadays, the way i see it he'll perform as inconsistently no matter where he bats so if you have him in the team you may as well just use him to plug a hole which at this point is the #2/#3 spots but you would probably keep imrul as the 2nd opener for now and bat ash at 3. raqibul is another option for #3 but i don't think he'll be successful there (but then who will be?). imrul and junaid may eventually end up the #2 and #3 but they're not really ready at this point, rony talukder is also a possible for the 2nd opener spot eventually.

obviously it would be good if naeem or riyad could bat at 3 but i want to try them in the middle order first.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old January 25, 2010, 09:26 PM
detshoitan detshoitan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 21, 2006
Posts: 569
Default think

people...why did we drop Mehrab jr, Rajin or Javed Omar (these players are slow and can't play against big teams....how about Rakibul?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old January 25, 2010, 11:21 PM
czone czone is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 10, 2009
Posts: 266

Are you sure Roqibul will be dropped? He is JS and the chief selector's most favorite pet. As overrarted Roqibul is for his so called technique, I am afraid the team is overlooking some other talent and also team combination.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old January 25, 2010, 11:32 PM
jahidus200 jahidus200 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2007
Location: usa
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib
Posts: 519

Trust me roqibul and imrul this to both cock soccer will never play good innings for Bangladesh or maybe they will play one good innings after 10 match . But I don't think we need this kind of player anymore . Aftab and alok shows in the past what they are capable of. Tamim and junaeed should open always. Junaeed he is just not confident yet . But he is good player.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old January 25, 2010, 11:52 PM
czone czone is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 10, 2009
Posts: 266

Guys, Roqibul was so unproduvtive in the recently concluded DPL, that he was about to be dropped by his team KALABAGAN from the first 11. Now if a DPL team hesitates to include a player in the playing 11, how do the national team is not even worried about him. I could not believe that this guy did not even feel bad after dropping ST actually he was proud to say that " Why should I feel bad?" replying a to t question, " If he felt bad about dropping ST".
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old January 26, 2010, 03:31 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
the reason for shakib to play at 7 is to take pressure off him, i think eventually he'll turnout a pretty decent middle order test batsman but atm he's not quite there. if riyad and mushy move up the order then the lower order such as the #7 batsman should have less pressure because the team shouldn't be in as much trouble as it is nowadays.

also i'm not happy with ash being in the test team nowadays, the way i see it he'll perform as inconsistently no matter where he bats so if you have him in the team you may as well just use him to plug a hole which at this point is the #2/#3 spots but you would probably keep imrul as the 2nd opener for now and bat ash at 3. raqibul is another option for #3 but i don't think he'll be successful there (but then who will be?). imrul and junaid may eventually end up the #2 and #3 but they're not really ready at this point, rony talukder is also a possible for the 2nd opener spot eventually.

obviously it would be good if naeem or riyad could bat at 3 but i want to try them in the middle order first.
Well it's obvious the main concern is the number 3 spot. The problem is, I don't see anyone in the domestic playing well at the number 3 spot (besides Nafees in the DPL). I would think that Junaid isn't bad option there for tests until we get someone better, as he isn't as bad as Nafees at playing the swinging ball. But I'd be desperate to try out Mahmudullah or Naeem at that number 3 spot after they get a few innings' under their belt in the middle order.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:25 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,377

he knew where his off stump was and he let the ball hit the stump

great judgement.
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:34 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

Can't hit, can't rotate, can't block. Must go.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:36 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

It's not about batting "slowly" or "fast". Not about strokeLESS or strokeFULLness, but about the basic ability to sight quality deliveries early, finding gaps, rotating the strike with ease and putting the bad ones away. That's basic batting in International cricket for any batsman at this level and DA ROK, and every other guy like him, is NO international batsman. Wake up, tone down the weird arrogance and learn a little about the game, trust your eyes and see the truth.

Zaheer bowled inspired spells, but one doesn't need to in order to get the likes of DA ROK out, as PROVED by his dismissal today. Anyone who tries to justify his selection at this level is only flaunting his/her own issues and subsequent qualification as a traditional selector, organizer and BCB boss of the horrifying future.

About Motin: BENCH HIS @$$ NOW or try him at number 7 or 8 for 30-odd runs max for all forms of the sport.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:37 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 8,426

The guy gotta go to join SN in Barisal team.

(Ashraful survives, again)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:37 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,911

keep him in one-dayers until someone better comes along (maybe riyad, naeem and mushy are possibles as well), in tests he should probably go so they can bring naeem into the team.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:37 AM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,429

Nah, He is so hopeless now a days. He needs to play NCL and should get his form back. He just keep playing because he is JS's fav student.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old January 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,085

rok is bal type of player. Have no clue against some quality bowling. Good for nothing
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket