facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Man, a lot of you here are acting like little girls. Sehwag talked trash, and his team backed it up. Enough said. Quit crying about it and yelling at Sehwag when we should instead be yelling at our top order "Ashraful". this isn't a tea party in which we all have to be polite. Its an international sport and trash talking is fairly common. The only way to get them to stop talking is to start winning and we have yet to do that. So until we actually start performing, I have no problem with what Sehwag says or does. Man up people.
Fixed. You talk big!! Go "man up" in your thread.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Fixed. You talk big!! Go "man up" in your thread.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
You guys really need to be less sensitive. On the other hand Mushfiqur is complaining that the Indians sledged him calling him a school boy. He should be able to suck that up. What will he do when the plays against the Aussies? They will rip him apart. Learn to ignore, boys.
Actually, Mushfiqur wasnt complaining, on the contrary, he said he found it funny being called a schoolboy and that it was all a part of the game. So he wasnt complaining, he was being mischievious and took it as a joke, period!
Old January 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i just like to ask this one question to all of our Indian members here, where was shehwag with this attitude after India lost 8 wicket on the first day?? if he was so confident in his statement that we have an ordinary team that can not take 20 wickets in test cricket, why did he not show up at the press conference after day 1?

if he is the first to acknowledge as you said if the tables are turned, why was he such a coward and didn't show up for the press conference after day 1?
why would he ? did Ind lose 20 wkts on day 1 ?
in any case, Ind team rotates different players to represent them at press conferences. only the pre-match and post-match press meets are done by captain. you will see that in the next match too, dhoni will not appear on all days.
don't you think by calling someone who smashes shoaib akhtar or a brett lee all over the park, a coward for not turning up in a press meet is being a little silly ?

Last edited by Neel Here; January 21, 2010 at 03:46 PM..
Old January 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
why would he ? did Ind lose 20 wkts on day 1 ?
in any case, Ind team rotates different players to represent them at press conferences. only the pre-match and post-match press meets are done by captain. you will see that in the next match too, dhoni will not appear on all days.
don't you think by calling someone who smashes shoaib akhtar or a brett lee all over the park, a coward for not turning up in a press meet is being a little silly ?
so what do you call this?? Hide and seek?

Old January 21, 2010, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
Ponting openly said Bangladesh should be stripped of its test status. Did you guys have similar reactions?
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/237538.html

?
Because Ponting later apologised for his arrogant comment, after a hard-fought test match against Bangladesh in Fatullah, a game, which they almost lost. However, the big difference between Sehwag and Ponting is, Sehwag, doesnt know when to apologise or proper ettiquette. He said we still couldnt take 20 Indian wickets, well, we could've, if, he hadn't declared. He refused to admit that we bowled well in the first innings, he said it was mainly because of the conditions, while Tendulkar himself said, that the Bangladesh bowlers bowled well.

I thought Tendulkar was pretty annoyed with Sehwag's comment as it made the Indian team, which used to be quite popular among Bangladesh fans now hugely unpopular, just because of one stupid comment by one dense Indian player. He should learn how to talk and proper manners from greats like Dravid and Tendulkar.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Where have I demonised him? I have stayed away from that as it serves no purpose, but if I was the coach, I will be doing a disservice to the team if I weren't reminding them every step of the way. Its called trying to serve up competitive advantage from bulletin board material. Its part of motivational process leading up to or during a game. He served it. Its the managements job to squeeze every ounce of juice from any perceived slight.
I didn't mean you specifically on 'demonising' but there's a fair bit of that in this thread itself. just read through the posts and you will find the abuses used.

Quote:
No, I don't believe that Sakib and co. comes here for match tips. However, neither does the Indian team to see their PR guy spinning on their behalf.

so people who try to rectify any misconceptions/misinterpretations are PR guys ?

why is it a problem ? because I haven't allowed you and others to go on unchallenged with your twisting of facts ?
Old January 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
so what do you call this?? Hide and seek?

call it what you will. a captain may not want his face on the front pages after his team performed poorly. (he himself scored 52 at more than a run a ball) how is it a reflection on his bravery or the lack of it ?
sorry, doesn't make a lot of sense.
Old January 21, 2010, 03:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
call it what you will. a captain may not want his face on the front pages after his team performed poorly. (he himself scored 52 at more than a run a ball) how is it a reflection on his bravery or the lack of it ?
sorry, doesn't make a lot of sense.
Neel bhai read my post again would you please. you said if the table was turned Shehwag would be the first to notice it. he called us ordinary, the next day we took 8 wickets. is that table not turned??
Old January 21, 2010, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

this is a genuine question, please don't take it otherwise.

Quote:
I thought Tendulkar was pretty annoyed with Sehwag's comment as it made the Indian team, which used to be quite popular among Bangladesh fans
was that really ever the case ? every time I watched Ind play against other countries(not BD) at dhaka from late 90 onwards the ground support was overwhelmingly against India. I remember the 1998 independence cup, the stadium looked like it was situated in pakistan in the Ind-Pak matches. even during the 2007 WC and after there was unbelievable amount of trash talk directed at the Ind players. I don't remember any other team BD faced that got such verbal abuse from fans.

you know what I feel the truth is ? most BD fans already believe that the Ind players are bad. they are simply looking for an excuse to hate them and any excuse will do.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Good that you didn't mean me specifically . I speak for only myself. What others write is not my business or concern.

Once again, I didn't write anything demeaning towards Shehwag. Neither have I twisted any facts. Even if I start doing it all of a sudden, for arguments sake, I doubt whether what you allow or disallow has any bearings whatsoever, when it comes to me.

My points about the team using those quotes as a motivational factor is a valid one. You chose to tell me not to waste it since Sakib doesn't visit here. By that same token, with the application of your own logic, I also choose to tell you that Indian team is not around here to see her surrogates at work. Whats the problem?
Old January 21, 2010, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Neel bhai read my post again would you please. you said if the table was turned Shehwag would be the first to notice it. he called us ordinary, the next day we took 8 wickets. is that table not turned??
b deshy bhai, 2 sessions don't make a test match. a turn around means getting Ind out twice with much less runs than they would be comfortable with. look at it dispassionately please, BD bowled at Ind for 3 whole sessions in a weather affected test match. Ind got the runs on the board it needed, irrespective of the no of wkts. I would have agreed with you if the score was 200/8 instead of 413/8.

if Ind had lost this test match I'll bet that shehwag would have wholeheartedly admitted that he was wrong in his assessment.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
By that same token, with the application of your own logic, I also choose to tell you that Indian team is not around here to see her surrogates at work. Whats the problem?
simple. because it's about the truth. I always stick up for what I believe is right.

on this forum I've fought and argued against a saffer who was badmouthing his own afrikaaner countrymen. why did I do it ? because govt of SA pays me or because I thought it was wrong ?
Old January 21, 2010, 04:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
you know what I feel the truth is ? most BD fans already believe that the Ind players are bad. they are simply looking for an excuse to hate them and any excuse will do.
our people hate BCCI, and since its not every day we see lalit Modi and his peeps in our back yard, so we taking it out on the player.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
if Ind had lost this test match I'll bet that shehwag would have wholeheartedly admitted that he was wrong in his assessment.
some how i doubt that, i'm no big fan of Shehwag or the Indian team, I watch the game or follow the score from time to time. so i don't know much about him. If we won the game in my mind I think he'd be more like, "that was a one time thing lets see you do it again". then again thats just my mind.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

And I believe that a coach must take advantage of those quotes and use it to motivate his charges. They don't need to come here to get inspiration, though if you had your way, you will probably prevent it judging by your nonchalant eye rolling of Sakib appearing here. As long as that attitude prevails towards my post, you remain the PR guy, and it matters little to me what you are sticking up for.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

well I do watch them and I believe that's what he would have done. even in this case he tried to avoid answering question on BD bowling and answered only after reporters continued to needle him. that's as much tactful handling as you can expect from him. he is direct but not arrogant.

I will not be defending him if I thought he wasn't a nice chap overall. I will NEVER defend someone like sreesanth for example. in this case, shehwag is simply misunderstood by oversensitive fans.

Quote:
our people hate BCCI, and since its not every day we see lalit Modi and his peeps in our back yard, so we taking it out on the player.
it's funny how people bring up BCCI at each and everything that ails world and BD cricket. tell me, is there any reason to hate BCCI (the board that got you test status for you in the first place) any more than CA/ECB/WICB, boards that opposed BD test status then and continue to do so now ?

don't you think many people hate BCCI simply because it is the cricket board of India and a powerful one at that ?
Old January 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
it's funny how people bring up BCCI at each and everything that ails world and BD cricket. tell me, is there any reason to hate BCCI (the board that got you test status for you in the first place) any more than CA/ECB/WICB, boards that opposed BD test status then and continue to do so now ?
Hey at least the other boards invited us to play test in their country, what did BCCI do? and BCCI got us the test status because it had some kind of benefit for them, i'm sure they didn't do it because they are so nice you know. I'm not complaining about our test status, but from Indian fans perspective seems like we should be thankful for ever for the test status.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
And I believe that a coach must take advantage of those quotes and use it to motivate his charges. They don't need to come here to get inspiration, though if you had your way, you will probably prevent it judging by your nonchalant eye rolling of Sakib appearing here. As long as that attitude prevails towards my post, you remain the PR guy
so I'm a PR guy if I oppose your twisting the issue here, where it serves no purpose other than riling the fans up unnecessarily.
Quote:
and it matters little to me what you are sticking up for.
because it doesn't agree with your comments right ?
I should simply nod my head when I agree with you and shut up when I dont ?
I am yet to see BC rules that says that.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AdamGilchrist,TaskinAhmed

Sehwag er moto ghaura r gowar public khub kom deksi duniya te..let him be what he is..ja iccha boluk..who cares...we should concentrate on our own game.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Big Sehwag is still a child in his heart....

"They still didn't get 20 wickets ... (Na Nana Naa Na)" Sehwag
Old January 21, 2010, 04:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
so I'm a PR guy if I oppose your twisting the issue here, where it serves no purpose other than riling the fans up unnecessarily.
because it doesn't agree with your comments right ?
I should simply nod my head when I agree with you and shut up when I dont ?
I am yet to see BC rules that says that.
Now, you are flying in all directions. At first you say that you didn't mean me specifically. Now, I am twisting facts, riling people up! Your first mistake is your inability to separate a poster from another poster, when all I have said that any decent coach will use those quotes? Why is this burning you so much? Now I am convinced that you are on the lower end of the pay roll.

What you do with your head is your problem.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
Just answer this... Did we take 20 wickets?

how can you if you declare before being bowled out...
Old January 21, 2010, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
and BCCI got us the test status because it had some kind of benefit for them, i'm sure they didn't do it because they are so nice you know.
you don't know, yet you are 'sure'. the bias is quite clear to most of us here ? BCCI could have backed kenya too, they backed BD because it's a neighbouring country with strong relations to Ind, or so it assumed.

Quote:
I'm not complaining about our test status, but from Indian fans perspective seems like we should be thankful for ever for the test status.
for ever ? I'm yet to see even one good word spoken about BCCI 'ever'. and getting the test status was without doubt the most important event in BD cricketing history till date (it will become 2nd most imp thing when BD wins against a top 8 side). in return all it gets is around the clock bashing, in tune with the worthies in CA and ECB, the same fellows who opposed BD test status and still do. that's some thankfulness !

Quote:
Hey at least the other boards invited us to play test in their country, what did BCCI do?
and humiliated you by positioning matches in the C grade stadiums.

do you know that BCB prefers Ind to tour BD in stead of the other way around, because of the huge monetary benefit it brings to BCB by way of TV rights ? an Ind tour is the most lucrative event in the calendar for any country except eng for whom it's the ashes. it generates more money to BCB's coffers in that one tour than the rest of the tours in two years combined. BCCI has in the past positioned tours to pak and WI to rescue their boards from financial ruin, in addition to arranging a hefty loan to SLC last year. right now PCB's financial health is in dire straits because of canceled Ind tours to pak.

why wouldn't BCCI arrange a BD tour to Ind (when teams like zim and SL toured Ind regularly when they were weaker sides) ? unless it is the BCB that is not interested enough to press them ?
think about it for a moment, without your biases.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Sehwag er moto ghaura r gowar public khub kom deksi duniya te..let him be what he is..ja iccha boluk..who cares...we should concentrate on our own game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Big Sehwag is still a child in his heart....

"They still didn't get 20 wickets ... (Na Nana Naa Na)" Sehwag
both these posts describe him quite well.