facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:19 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939
Default Tendulkar to attend Ashraful's wedding

This Ashraful has set himself into Tendulkar worship.

Source: http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news...l-wedding.html

Quote:
Tendulkar to attend Ashraful's wedding


Dhaka: Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar will top the list of invitees when former Bangladeshi skipper Mohammad Ashraful gets married next year, his father has revealed.

Buzz up!
“Sachin will be on top of our invitee list when my son decides to marry. Sachin asked my son what should be brought as a family gift but his visit to our home itself will be the biggest gift for us,” The Nation quoted Abdul Matil, as saying.


Although several other players have visited Ashraful’s house, including former Pakistani player Saeed Anwar and Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh, but Tendulkar’s visit stands out in Matil’s memory.

Speaking over his mobile from Dhaka on Sunday morning, he said, “Former Pakistani player Saeed Anwar visited our house last year when he came to attend some religious function in Bangladesh.”

“Sachin is my son’s favourite cricketer and since childhood he is his ideal hero. We are very happy to receive him. Sachin is a very simple, sober and down to earth person,” Ashraful’s father said.

“Some 1000 people flocked him to see Sachin at my house. The people came to know about Sachin’s visit through media and mouth to mouth publicity,” he added.

Matil recounts how Tendulkar relished on Bangladeshi dishes served to him.

“He liked jumbo prawns and Hilsha fish (Ilish) very much. The sweets and fruits of his choice were also served,” he said
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,538

I hope Ashraful finds a wife who will make him happy...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:33 AM
Purna's Avatar
Purna Purna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 20, 2009
Location: Dhanmondi, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 248

I am quite sure he will. Because no matter how he plays, he really is a good guy, unlike Sakib-Al-Hasan.
__________________
Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:37 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,004

I wish Ash will be more mature after wedding....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:42 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purna
I am quite sure he will. Because no matter how he plays, he really is a good guy, unlike Sakib-Al-Hasan.
i disagree! have you really met Shakib-al-Hasan in person to make such a conclusion??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:42 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purna
I am quite sure he will. Because no matter how he plays, he really is a good guy, unlike Sakib-Al-Hasan.
Ice Man > You, me and Ash
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:44 AM
revolver's Avatar
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Location: London
Posts: 5,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I wish Ash will be more mature after wedding....
i hope so
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:46 AM
Umar's Avatar
Umar Umar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 21, 2005
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Posts: 1,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purna
I am quite sure he will. Because no matter how he plays, he really is a good guy, unlike Sakib-Al-Hasan.
what the...when did Shakib become a villain? [i thought ash was the one who goes around and beats/slaps the audience and critics ]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 30, 2010, 07:51 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ice Man > You, me and Ash
ice man is due for a good innings...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

The reason for Ashrafuls lacklustre performance is because the guy has low self confidence which explains his chamchagiri of high profile players and overjoy when he scores a century.

The guy would probably score a duck for tendulkar if he asked him to.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
The reason for Ashrafuls lacklustre performance is because the guy has low self confidence which explains his chamchagiri of high profile players and overjoy when he scores a century.

The guy would probably score a duck for tendulkar if he asked him to.
YESSS!!! exactly!

the main reasons behind people like Bd-Shardul, and many others in this forum want him strictly Dropped forever from this team is not because he fails many times, but because he can do something about his failure while he doesn't show any sign of consistency when he has more than adequete enough experience to consistently play good innings...

it is his "not-caring attitude" which i find more disturbing than anything else. one excellent innings out of 42 innings is bad for Bangladesh cricket, not good. it spells Digression, not progression.

other people who are also failing are still part of their learning curve are still adjusting themselves to the pace of international Cricket or going through a bad patch. but people like Ashraful have no excuse for failure, he has been there long enough to know what his weaknesses are...and how he should appproach his batting!

after about ten years of playing international cricket, the most disturbing moment in his career would have to be IMO, the World Cup T20 dismissal against Ireland...that is something, will be very hard to forget, for any Bangladesh fan, it proves that this guy neither learns nor reflects upon his mistakes, or simply he doesn't care. he thinks it is a joke. this attitude will NEVER take Bangladesh to top 5....

Last edited by Rifat; January 30, 2010 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 30, 2010, 08:26 AM
crikfreak's Avatar
crikfreak crikfreak is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2008
Location: Sharjah, UAE
Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA
Posts: 2,300

hmm.... hope he has a happy wedding....n a happy life...
__________________
EAST OR WEST..... MASHRAFE IS THE BEST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 30, 2010, 08:30 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,346

Who is the bride ??? is Ash seeing someone special ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 30, 2010, 09:06 AM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,119

Shakib is good guy , if we would have a team with 11 shakib , Bangladesh would be number 1

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
chol_bd123 chol_bd123 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 30, 2009
Location: ALbany, NY
Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash
Posts: 1,638

Ash will always be my hero. U guys dont seem to understand cricket that much. Unlike Sakib, ASh tried his best in the second innings. But he was low on confidence and started to play defensive strokes which lead to his downfall.

ALL THE BEST TO ASH!!! HOPE HE FINDS THE PERFECT WOMAN
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,569

Has anyone from BC made the list?
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 30, 2010, 10:26 AM
fwullah's Avatar
fwullah fwullah is offline
First BC Member
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Posts: 6,545

Quote:
Originally Posted by chol_bd123
Ash will always be my hero. U guys dont seem to understand cricket that much. Unlike Sakib, ASh tried his best in the second innings. But he was low on confidence and started to play defensive strokes which lead to his downfall.

ALL THE BEST TO ASH!!! HOPE HE FINDS THE PERFECT WOMAN
It only tells that somebody like me can perform way better than Ashraful has, with a little determination, which Ashraful does not seem to have.

And believe me, I'm somebody like who has never played a single sports, outside playing games on PC.
__________________
I wish we could beat Australia in a Test Match!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 30, 2010, 10:28 AM
shujan shujan is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 27, 2004
Posts: 1,248

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I wish Ash will be more mature after wedding....

I hope so..
__________________
[Follow signature rules]
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purna
I am quite sure he will. Because no matter how he plays, he really is a good guy, unlike Sakib-Al-Hasan.
Remember Shakib never slapped anyone, never stopped talking with his coach(watmore).

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 30, 2010, 11:02 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
This Ashraful has set himself into Tendulkar worship.

Source: http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news...l-wedding.html
Bad choice of words. It is his dad speaking not Ash. by the way this is old news posted at Everything Ashraful thread.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 30, 2010, 11:39 AM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

This is news to me. A complete surprise. all Bd cricketers become worse after marriage.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 30, 2010, 12:06 PM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 8,198

Every one has lost their form after marriage. since he does not have one, will he gain one

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
shamster shamster is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 9, 2006
Posts: 899

I hope his wife teached him about consistency !!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 30, 2010, 12:31 PM
tiger_omar's Avatar
tiger_omar tiger_omar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 2,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
The guy would probably score a duck for tendulkar if he asked him to.
As horrible as that sounds, I think you're right, Ash would do that.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 30, 2010, 12:40 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,466

Great news.
Ash needs to get married, ASAP.
Peter Pan needs to grow up.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket