facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old February 10, 2010, 09:31 AM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,985

Suck what?
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old February 10, 2010, 09:56 AM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Inferiority complex.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old February 10, 2010, 10:41 AM
khalek's Avatar
khalek khalek is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Location: Slums of heaven
Favorite Player: KP, Gibbs
Posts: 136

Bangladesh is a disgrace to world cricket.

There should be only eight test teams in the world (Bangladesh,Ireland and Zimbabwe are not good enough). I say ICC should take away our ODI status as well so we can concentrate on Kabaddi or gilly-danda.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old February 10, 2010, 12:10 PM
Beamer's Avatar
Beamer Beamer is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 15, 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Posts: 9,707

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The average middle/lower middle/upper middle class Bangladeshi person's daily routine:

1. Wake up in the morning feeling not at all like P.D.
2. 5ta ruti, ek kaap chaa
3. Crawl to work an hour or two late
4. Shingara, adda, chaa @ 1100 hrs
5. Leave work an hour or two early
6. Late lunch @ 1500 hrs, menu: 3 plate bhaat + side(s) (gorur mangsho hoile kothai nai)
7. Afternoon nap, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places
8. Evening snack - bulky items such as chotpotti, samosas, boot, etc.
9. Late dinner @ 0000 hrs - same as lunch
10. Go to bed right after, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places

Result: Huge belly at 22 for men, after marriage for women.
That lifestyle and dietary regimens are perfectly suited for the sports that we excel at :

Ludu
Karrom
Tash
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:16 PM
Musfique's Avatar
Musfique Musfique is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 13, 2005
Location: The Shires
Favorite Player: M'Dulla
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
It's simple, you can't teach someone to read and write by enrolling them in a PhD, they have to start with Kindergarten first.

We really have to build up our domestic infrastructure first, there's no shortcut.

Caps,

Abosolutely spot on.

I think we need to start a campaign first on Banglacricket then using the print media to resume the work that Macky Dudhia started.

for example, where is Bankers Trophy?The idea was for each divisional team to be franchised by a bank.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,486

Zee,

The answer to your question is very straight-forward if not simple! As long as our whole society's (or at least a major chunk of it) mentality, governmental way of business, habit of corruption, lack of moral/ethics, and the implement of REAL education (read: true education) do not happen, we shall continue to suck at cricket, football, Field Hockey and even in Kabadi and Hadoodoo! As well as our port, roads, infrastructure, flood control, food shortage, bad urban planning, all of it, everything!
__________________
Khela-dhulai Haraa-haari maraa-maari often with Lathi o ghushi thakbei...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:28 PM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,122

Nightmare 2010 years...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old February 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
LateCut's Avatar
LateCut LateCut is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,373

Why do we suck? Because it is the most primitive from of instinct we humans have. We do it the day we are born. Difference is that we (Bangladeshis) do not grow up and stop sucking. The kamikaze tendencies of our batsmen are one of the side effects of this prolonged adolescence. Another is that we never admit that we are lacking in capabilties. Instead we proclaim that we have a boat load of talents but somehow we fail due to mental reasons. We have yet to realize that a honest self-assesment is the first step towards adulthood and self-improvement. We have collectively failed to take that step.
__________________
"....no victory or loss is final. They will compete again tomorrow and there will be another shot at redemption." Sambit Bal

Last edited by LateCut; February 10, 2010 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:06 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,840

Because we are too young to chew...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old February 10, 2010, 06:25 PM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,506

We suck. :sniff: Please let me die in solitude.

__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old February 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
rahat90's Avatar
rahat90 rahat90 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 27, 2009
Location: London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 951

its because we cant win any tosses.
and when we do, our captain choses the wrong decision!!
simples
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old February 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The average middle/lower middle/upper middle class Bangladeshi person's daily routine:

1. Wake up in the morning feeling not at all like P.D.
2. 5ta ruti, ek kaap chaa
3. Crawl to work an hour or two late
4. Shingara, adda, chaa @ 1100 hrs
5. Leave work an hour or two early
6. Late lunch @ 1500 hrs, menu: 3 plate bhaat + side(s) (gorur mangsho hoile kothai nai)
7. Afternoon nap, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places
8. Evening snack - bulky items such as chotpotti, samosas, boot, etc.
9. Late dinner @ 0000 hrs - same as lunch
10. Go to bed right after, let the fat settle down in all the wrong places

Result: Huge belly at 22 for men, after marriage for women.
Grrreat...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old February 11, 2010, 03:35 AM
mona's Avatar
mona mona is offline
Forever Bangy
 
Join Date: June 17, 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is true for all FBCDs.
Not true, In the last seven months I've been to BD twice for a week each time. I've had enough experience of that lifestyle to last me a lifetime.

Oh and we suck because we have inferiority complexes. G8 der shamne kaapa kapi kori. That's why we are an entire team of minnow bashers. And because our inferiority complexes lead to a reciprocal superiority complex with teams who we are supposedly better than, we tend to get overconfident and thus lose at times.
__________________
Imrul: "It was an accident"

Last edited by mona; February 11, 2010 at 03:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old February 11, 2010, 04:52 AM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Not true, In the last seven months I've been to BD twice for a week each time. I've had enough experience of that lifestyle to last me a lifetime.

Oh and we suck because we have inferiority complexes. G8 der shamne kaapa kapi kori. That's why we are an entire team of minnow bashers. And because our inferiority complexes lead to a reciprocal superiority complex with teams who we are supposedly better than, we tend to get overconfident and thus lose at times.
eita ki frued 201? Eto komplex kotha buzlam na.. Aar 7 months e duibar bd te jawa maane ki buzzi.. congratulation....

anyways what is FBCDs?

Asif khubi shundor post korcho.. khubi like korchi ami... ekhon amar golpo boli..

so I go to bangladesh after 15 years.... and my kajer bua looks maad old yo. Dude her daughter has 7 kids already and she is only 25. All those 7 kids work (read sleep eat and poop for free) in my house!! We hired them with a family plan...

THe other day my kajer bua made shrimp... by the time I got home from shopping, all those chingri maach were gone... 7 kids shob khaiya felche....amar ki kora uchit ekhon?

and I thikn that's why we suck... we have no dicipline!! Arek jon er khabar churi kora amader obbhash.


disclaimer: if the above post made no sense then you are a sane person but if it made even a little sense to you then please consult a psychitrist ASAP!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old February 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
nahaz's Avatar
nahaz nahaz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 27, 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Posts: 1,873

Coz we are gayyy!!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old February 11, 2010, 07:32 AM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Coz we are gayyy!!
Well I understand that gay people "Suck". Why would they not?

But to think someone sucks because of their gayish nature implies that person would not suck had he not been a gay. And that's where I disagree. I think someone who sucks would suck regardless of his orientation, only the person would be sucking different things.
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old February 11, 2010, 06:46 PM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
It's simple, you can't teach someone to read and write by enrolling them in a PhD, they have to start with Kindergarten first.

We really have to build up our domestic infrastructure first, there's no shortcut.
Exactly! During the match, the commentators had this to say:

Their domestic cricket sucks,worst among the four test countries, and they feel that these young players only get exposure by playing international cricket and that is the reason they fail, as they say- the players cannot find form and skills in playing international cricket, it has to be done at home in many tournaments , and it is due to the lack of this that they find the pressure of international cricket too much for them to handle.
They dont know how to put it together, because the players are too young to be thrown into the international arena, should play until they are minimum 24 years old. They are without a doubt the youngest test playing team playing at the moment and not nurtured properly. The pressure of always performing are taking its toll and no one seem to care.
Also mentioned that how long the BCB does not improve the domestic set up, BD cricket will always be at a standstill or take a step backwards, but not forward, and they are so right. Maybe, before fans here criticize the players so harshly, just some facts for you to consider. NZ commentators want BD to succeed, they sympathize, they have potential, but not nurtured and trained properly. They also mentioned that a lot of pressure is placed by the nation on these cricketers to perform like G8 countries and they just cannot do it.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old February 11, 2010, 10:18 PM
Haradhon Haradhon is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 19, 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,713

We are making progress, although slowly. Now we have an opener in Tamim, an allrounder in Shakib, and hopefully we will have a reliable batsmen in the middle. Mushfiqur, Naeem and Mahmudullah are better prepared than their previous generation. So, do not give up the hope.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old February 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

Well, when the top order does OK, then the middle order flops, when the top order flops, then the middle order comes to the rescue, I will be happy when one day each batsman from No1 to No7 contributes with the bat. A few will score more than others, but on the average if each one contributes thay can then begin to make more than 250 runs in ODI.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old February 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,751

Because we suck as a Nation.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old February 12, 2010, 04:27 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

We suck because of the horrible domestic cricket structure BCB organized as stated previously by others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalek
I say ICC should take away our ODI status as well so we can concentrate on Kabaddi or gilly-danda.
Umm no. What is gilly-danda anyways ? Cricket is the only internationally recognized sport in which our country actually challenges the top teams, quitting on cricket now would be stupid. Patience is what we need. Remember that while we try to improve our players, the other nations are also working hard to improve theirs. Right now, the only way our players can win a match against good teams is if they underestimate us and we play our hardest, but oneday I know we will win no matter how hard other teams try, teams like australia will pray for us to screw up just so they can win.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old February 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
We suck because of the horrible domestic cricket structure BCB organized as stated previously by others.

Umm no. What is gilly-danda anyways ? Cricket is the only internationally recognized sport in which our country actually challenges the top teams, quitting on cricket now would be stupid. .
Are you serious?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old February 12, 2010, 05:59 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,343

loool...so true
we suck because we have no respect for ourselves
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old February 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

We suck because we suck.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old February 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Are you serious?
Yea, I am. If we didn't challenge the big teams then our test status would be long gone by now. We might not be able to win everything, but we do manage to give a scare to the g8 nations sometimes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket