facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:23 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,637
Default Did the BD Newspapers boycott the NZ tour?

I didn't see a single article on the New Zealand tour in Daily Star and Prothom Alo. Thats the two dailies I read frequently. They used to write so many useless articles about the tours before but this time not a single word about it.

Did anyone read anything about the tour in other dailies??
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I didn't see a single article on the New Zealand tour in Daily Star and Prothom Alo. Thats the two dailies I read frequently. They used to write so many useless articles about the tours before but this time not a single word about it.

Did anyone read anything about the tour in other dailies??
PA sent US to NZ. And I don't know how you are missing his articles.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:26 PM
Bruno Bruno is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 12, 2009
Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle
Posts: 231

Well its not a selling point anymore is it?

3-0 loss title in the paper does not exactly make you want to part with your money to read all about it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:35 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Dhaka dailies get their news mostly from the BCB media manager. BCB decided not to send the media manager and instead sent two directors in New Zealand as tour observer (!!).

It is no surprise that Dhaka dailies except PA and Samakal can't cover the tour properly.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:42 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
PA sent US to NZ. And I don't know how you are missing his articles.
Did they? Then I missed it. Last time when US went to NZ, he wrote so many useless articles about the cities and touring spots.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:43 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Dhaka dailies get their news mostly from the BCB media manager. BCB decided not to send the media manager and instead sent two directors in New Zealand as tour observer (!!).

It is no surprise that Dhaka dailies except PA and Samakal can't cover the tour properly.
Oh. Then this is the reason. Thanks Miraz bhai..

BCB sucks!!!
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 12, 2010, 03:47 PM
skhondoker skhondoker is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash
Posts: 410

yes, since no media manager present, no news in Dhaka Dailies...I have seen reports on Daily Star or Bdnews24 (I do not remember) where they copy the cricinfo news as the source and cut and paste that news
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 12, 2010, 05:13 PM
uss01 uss01 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Posts: 553

Tour observer? haha. In other words falthu lok patailo arkey, to a "foreign" trip. I hope they're not interfering in team activities.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Dhaka dailies get their news mostly from the BCB media manager. BCB decided not to send the media manager and instead sent two directors in New Zealand as tour observer (!!).

It is no surprise that Dhaka dailies except PA and Samakal can't cover the tour properly.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 12, 2010, 05:23 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
Tour observer? haha. In other words falthu lok patailo arkey, to a "foreign" trip. I hope they're not interfering in team activities.
They will, once they come back from their vacation. I wonder did their family travelled as well with them.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 12, 2010, 10:53 PM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

What is the specific job of tour observer? Eating the money of BCB?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 13, 2010, 01:31 AM
nahaz's Avatar
nahaz nahaz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 27, 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Posts: 1,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
What is the specific job of tour observer? Eating the money of BCB?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
They observe the people (females) while their wives go shopping. Maybe observe how nice the grounds are and then come back to Bangladesh and tell their friends all about it instead of trying to create similar facilities here!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 13, 2010, 02:29 AM
nsd3 nsd3 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 30, 2004
Location: Auckland to Sydney
Posts: 2,566

People wanted them and people have to swallow this!!
Can we expect anything else?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 13, 2010, 02:57 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

all awameleague and lotus kamal's fault. they r ruining our cricket
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 13, 2010, 05:01 AM
nahaz's Avatar
nahaz nahaz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 27, 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Posts: 1,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
People wanted them and people have to swallow this!!
Can we expect anything else?
As if we had a choice. I never wanted Lotus...surely even within Awami League there's better people. Can't we just have an impartial BCB president for once? Better still, just a CEO who reports to the board (consisting of the Sports Minister, Player's Association, Club representative, and members who are ex-players). Hire a new CEO already.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 13, 2010, 10:08 AM
nsd3 nsd3 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 30, 2004
Location: Auckland to Sydney
Posts: 2,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
As if we had a choice. I never wanted Lotus...surely even within Awami League there's better people. Can't we just have an impartial BCB president for once? Better still, just a CEO who reports to the board (consisting of the Sports Minister, Player's Association, Club representative, and members who are ex-players). Hire a new CEO already.
Never mind. I meant people elected a govt who is sending members as 'Observer' with the Team. They seem to have the mandate form the people to do these. As I said, never mind, just forget it. It's so easy to understand yet so hard to accept!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old February 13, 2010, 06:05 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Murad, here one useless but interesting article of US for you
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old February 14, 2010, 12:53 AM
IanW IanW is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 23, 2004
Posts: 2,803

Meh, I'm happy to act as a stringer and do a daily report.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 14, 2010, 03:28 AM
nahaz's Avatar
nahaz nahaz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 27, 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier
Posts: 1,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Never mind. I meant people elected a govt who is sending members as 'Observer' with the Team. They seem to have the mandate form the people to do these. As I said, never mind, just forget it. It's so easy to understand yet so hard to accept!
I gotcha. We need transparency, sth a CEO may be able to enforce..maybe that's why the last Aussie CEO was got rid of...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket