facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2010, 01:31 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye!

On Thursday, February 18, 2010, the career funeral of Mohammed Ashraful, dubbed "Ashrafool", took place in New Zealand. It is the place where the cricketer had been rehearsing rigorously in preparation for a series of matches against England in which he was scheduled to perform as part of what was to be an unprecedented revival and promotion of his popularity.

Ashraful's intimate friends and family members gathered to bid him farewell in a private ceremony that took place earlier. Unfortunately, the request for privacy on behalf of the family by his father was not respected. The paparazzi made their un-welcomed presence known as did various television stations when their helicopters appeared in flight overhead. His father was captured crying as Sachin Tendulkar called to say he was not going to attend the scheduled wedding which was to take place within a year.

Nevertheless, Mohammed Ashraful's career funeral contained elements that others may want to take as an example in planning memorial services for themselves or loved ones. What are some of these elements? First, one fan of the Cricket star commented on how powerfully Ashraful tried to appeal to the umpire in what was to be his last lbw amongst hundreds. Seldom do international coaches encourage such pitiful appeals by international batsmen, especially if they are having a difficult time with the loss of their wicket. However, if the player is old enough to understand what death is, they should not automatically be denied the opportunity to say goodbye to their deceased cricket careers in their own special way.

Although many have found it incredible to believe that Ashraful lasted this long in international cricket, they said it simply didn't matter after today's performance.

Another unique feature of Ashraful is that his burial actually took place several times-- a "private" memorial service for close family and friends, and another for the adoring public. Again, this is something that can be implemented in funerals for non-celebrities, allowing the family and chosen friends a final time to be together before their loved one's burial and the final goodbye.

Cricman, expressed the wishes of so many when he said, "This is a moment I wish I'd never lived to see." He gave tribute to Mohammed Ashraful in his singing of the theme song, "Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer."

Ashraful's fans, whether they could attend his funeral or not, were not left out when it came to giving tribute to the star. The web site, Banglacricket.com, gave his followers the opportunity to give their eulogies in cyber space. The element that made this type of homage unique is that some fans addressed Ashraful personally in statements such as, "I will always love you Ashraful. Your inconsistent batting records will live forever." It was impossible to allow every fan, friend, and family member the opportunity to eulogize Ashraful at his cricketing funeral. However, the Internet has made it possible for every admirer of his to not only offer their tribute, but also to have it heard and read by others who identify with their words.

Last edited by Zunaid; February 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Removed picture: no attribution provided.
Old February 18, 2010, 01:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Cracking
Old February 18, 2010, 01:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Nice
Old February 18, 2010, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Old February 18, 2010, 01:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

hmmm....wish it could be ....
Old February 18, 2010, 01:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitaipal
on thursday, february 18, 2010, the funeral of mohammed ashraful, dubbed "ashrafool", took place in new zealand. It is the place where the cricketer had been rehearsing rigorously in preparation for a series of matches against england in which he was scheduled to perform as part of what was to be an unprecedented revival and promotion of his popularity.

Ashraful's intimate friends and family members gathered to bid him farewell in a private ceremony that took place earlier. Unfortunately, the request for privacy on behalf of the family by his father was not respected. The paparazzi made their un-welcomed presence known as did various television stations when their helicopters appeared in flight overhead. His father was captured crying as sachin tendulkar called to say he was not going to attend the scheduled wedding which was to take place within a year.

nevertheless, mohammed ashraful's career funeral contained elements that others may want to take as an example in planning memorial services for themselves or loved ones. What are some of these elements? First, one fan of the cricket star commented on how powerfully ashraful tried to appeal to the umpire in what was to be his last lbw amongst hundreds. Seldom do international coaches encourage such pitiful appeals by international batsmen, especially if they are having a difficult time with the loss of their wicket. However, if the player is old enough to understand what death is, they should not automatically be denied the opportunity to say goodbye to their deceased cricket careers in their own special way.

although many have found it incredible to believe that ashraful lasted this long in international cricket, they said it simply didn't matter after today's performance.

Another unique feature of ashraful is that his burial actually took place several times-- a "private" memorial service for close family and friends, and another for the adoring public. Again, this is something that can be implemented in funerals for non-celebrities, allowing the family and chosen friends a final time to be together before their loved one's burial and the final goodbye.

Cricman, expressed the wishes of so many when he said, "this is a moment i wish i'd never lived to see." he gave tribute to mohammed ashraful in his singing of the theme song, "never dreamed you'd leave in summer."

ashraful's fans, whether they could attend his funeral or not, were not left out when it came to giving tribute to the star. The web site, banglacricket.com, gave his followers the opportunity to give their eulogies in cyber space. The element that made this type of homage unique is that some fans addressed ashraful personally in statements such as, "i will always love you ashraful. Your inconsistent batting records will live forever." it was impossible to allow every fan, friend, and family member the opportunity to eulogize ashraful at his cricketing funeral. However, the internet has made it possible for every admirer of his to not only offer their tribute, but also to have it heard and read by others who identify with their words.

what a post!
Club Cricketer

Is it only me or a parody with a starting sentence with a certain players' funeral just not funny ?
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

while in jest, its not proper to satire a person's actual death.

death of cricketing career is one thing, life is another.

DISLIKE
Old February 18, 2010, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

BTW I was laughing to the poster as his nick reminds me of certain 'pal', not the post as haven't went past the first paragraph.
First Class Cricketer

if it rains tomorrow, we may be able to draw the test.
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer
Is it only me or a parody with a starting sentence with a certain players' funeral just not funny ?
ur right ... so i changed it. thanks.
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul

What a joy. Achrafool is no longer with us. YAAA way to go. He wont be missed @ all

yo this guy ash is indeed a shameless person. Abal ta nijeu team theke break chai na.
Old February 18, 2010, 01:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitaiPal
ur right ... so i changed it. thanks.
thanks. Now I shall continue reading and pinpoint more mistakes
Old February 18, 2010, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Enteresting post!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 18, 2010, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul

Quote:
Siddons hinted that the Bangladesh cricket establishment's patience for Ashraful may have reached its end. "[He] had a terrible tour and he kept making the same bad decisions. We might have to reassess Ashraful when we get back," Siddons said.
http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh2010...ry/448887.html
yap finally its going to happen. But don't take it for granted until the game starts against the English muffins without achrafool being in the ground
Old February 18, 2010, 07:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

I say enough is enough. I am sick of tired of hearing that this jerk is irreplacable. Its an insult to all BD fans and other players. Its time for him to go. Give other players chances.
Bye Bye Ash.
Old February 18, 2010, 07:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
BTW I was laughing to the poster as his nick reminds me of certain 'pal', not the post as haven't went past the first paragraph.
Were you remembering our own, "Haridas Pal"
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old February 18, 2010, 08:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Great post. Cracked me up big time. LoL
Old February 18, 2010, 09:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

sick... I never kick anyone when they down. I am not a blind ash fan and was rooting for him to be dropped but make fun of him or any player (search you will find i did the same for habibul, golla or anyone) is not my cup of tea.

Looks like its in our bengali vein. first it was Bulbul, then Akram, then rokon, then sujon, then golla, then rajin, and goes on and on...

Yeah let him be dropped and be sush about it and pray that he can become what we want him to become not dance on the street and make mockery...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old February 18, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sick... I never kick anyone when they down. I am not a blind ash fan and was rooting for him to be dropped but make fun of him or any player (search you will find i did the same for habibul, golla or anyone) is not my cup of tea.

Looks like its in our bengali vein. first it was Bulbul, then Akram, then rokon, then sujon, then golla, then rajin, and goes on and on...

Yeah let him be dropped and be sush about it and pray that he can become what we want him to become not dance on the street and make mockery...
What did you say about Larry Johnson? (Not the Basketball player ) jk
Old February 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

I don't see much satire in it. He gave us some great moments and wins.
It's time Ash needs to step aside and concentrate on his future. If he proves himself in the NCL, I'm sure he will be asked to step in again.
Old February 18, 2010, 09:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
I don't see much satire in it. He gave us some great moments and wins.
It's time Ash needs to step aside and concentrate on his future. If he proves himself in the NCL, I'm sure he will be asked to step in again.
True Ash fan speaking.
Old February 18, 2010, 09:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

lol,,,Ashraful and aftab dont belong in test team,,, Rock shud be there, and time to try out someone else for test,,,
Old February 18, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Brilliant!!!

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old February 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shak,gazi,mush

that innings could have well signalled the end of ashraful's international career,but who is the player to replace him?