facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Currently is Mash fit for ODIs?
He is fit - I believe him. 3 7.69%
He is unfit - I saw his physic in the match 36 92.31%
Shakib's power needs to be curtailed. Mash should be in no matter what. 0 0%
Others (explain) 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Mashrafe Fit or unfit?

Most of you saw the first ODI. Some of you saw the clipings of 2nd practice match. In both matches he bowled 120ish.

Several reports are being published by some dailes which has Mashrafe quoting

That he is fit for cricket.

Do you think Mashrafe is fit for ODIs?
+++
My opinion doesn't matter. I will vote what I saw.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 2, 2010 at 04:35 PM..
Old March 2, 2010, 04:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

He should be back by England tour in May.until then a big NO by Nadstar!!!!
Old March 2, 2010, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mash needs more time. Period.
Old March 2, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Poll koi miah vai?
A. Choshma dibo?
B. Turn on the light.
C. Read the screen.
D. Sobr.
E. I have edited my post.
Old March 2, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Unfit. He needs to shape up first, before he plays any competitive match, for his own sake. Otherwise he will be in great danger to pick up another injury and end his career.
Old March 2, 2010, 04:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am Shakib Al Hasan's big fan. Yesterday and Today I read some very disheartening news in several bd news papers. Here is the summary

Shakib and Jamie Siddons is about to put "THEIR" team and Mashrafee is not in their plan. For Some reason Jamie Siddons dont like Mash and Shakib also supports coach. They both thinks Mashrafee is not fit enough to play but none of them had the guts to go to him and tell him on his face he is not selected for second ODI. Basically Mashrafee feels very isolated and neglected in the team now. Thats the reason he left team. Board Officials called him after second odi and talked him to come back, however they found out Shakib dont want him in the team. Shakib Al Hasan was not available for comment.

I cannot believe this is happening in our beloved BD team. Power Struggle and Grouping is gonna make us and look us like Pakinstanis soon............unreal
Old March 2, 2010, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't have problems with his shape - Darren Gough would walk into my Bangladesh XI any day if he had the citizenship - but he seems to be far from his best and not very confident about his own abilities at this point. I didn't want him in the squad after I heard/read about the practice match. He needs more time to get back to his old self. If he can do that while sporting a mishtiwalar bhuri, all power to him.
Old March 2, 2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
I am Shakib Al Hasan's big fan. Yesterday and Today I read some very disheartening news in several bd news papers. Here is the summary

Shakib and Jamie Siddons is about to put "THEIR" team and Mashrafee is not in their plan. For Some reason Jamie Siddons dont like Mash and Shakib also supports coach. They both thinks Mashrafee is not fit enough to play but none of them had the guts to go to him and tell him on his face he is not selected for second ODI. Basically Mashrafee feels very isolated and neglected in the team now. Thats the reason he left team. Board Officials called him after second odi and talked him to come back, however they found out Shakib dont want him in the team. Shakib Al Hasan was not available for comment.

I cannot believe this is happening in our beloved BD team. Power Struggle and Grouping is gonna make us and look us like Pakinstanis soon............unreal
I've read the reports too and it's probably not the way the newspapers make it look. Mashrafe has been out of cricket for a long time and isn't back to his best yet, so even if Shakib and Siddons don't want him in the team, one can hardly blame them.
Old March 2, 2010, 06:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

his stomach and inzi's stomach is almost the same size. He really let himself go. but he is Mashrafee, if he sets his mind to it, he'll get rid of all that fat, and be back in no time.
Old March 2, 2010, 06:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

It's a problem when a bowler is out of shape... not so much true for a batsman. Batsman needs to have a technique and a patience. Inzi was a world class even with his bulky body. For Mashrafee, it is a problem.
Old March 2, 2010, 06:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
It's a problem when a bowler is out of shape..
have you seen this guy. lol

Old March 2, 2010, 06:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
have you seen this guy. lol

Yeah.. who is this guy? Looks like he is fully fit with "out of shape" body.
Old March 2, 2010, 06:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
prepare to be amazed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQk1y00fvc
Old March 2, 2010, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

BD newspaper are cooking some stories.
Old March 2, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
prepare to be amazed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQk1y00fvc
This one is even better.

Old March 2, 2010, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

If he is not fit then why he is in the team?
It is not whether I beleive Mashrafee or not, it is about the process. If Mashrafee is unfit but still played the 1st ODI, then sack the Physio first and ask explanation to the team management.

As Mashrafee played the 1st ODI, Physio and team management are not saying he is unfit and selected for the first match, I beleive Mashrafee is fit.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
If he is not fit then why he is in the team?
It is not whether I beleive Mashrafee or not, it is about the process. If Mashrafee is unfit but still played the 1st ODI, then sack the Physio first and ask explanation to the team management.

As Mashrafee played the 1st ODI, Physio and team management are not saying he is unfit and selected for the first match, I beleive Mashrafee is fit.
Thank you. There lies the problem. BD management is all about emotion and "I will show who I am."

Why was he included in the team in the first place?

Why did lotta Kamal call him and request him to come back in the team when he was dropped for the second ODI?

This is purely my speculation. Shakib's power needs to reigned - That is what some board members AKA "chamchas of Lotta" thinks. They are yet to make him permanent even after one year.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Thank you. There lies the problem. BD management is all about emotion and "I will show who I am."

Why was he included in the team in the first place?

Why did lotta Kamal call him and request him to come back in the team when he was dropped for the second ODI?

This is purely my speculation. Shakib's power needs to reigned - That is what some board members AKA "chamchas of Lotta" thinks. They are yet to make him permanent even after one year.
This is something to concern about. Why Loitta Kamal intefering with the team? Is he supposed to get involved in this?

My speculation about the whole Mashrafee incident -
There was pressure from Loitta ans his Chamchas to include Mashrafee in the team and play him in the XI though Siddons/+Sakib was against it (Probably they wanted to give him more time which is not wrong after seeing Mashrafee). Loitta and Co. wants to get rid of Sakib from captaincy and give it back to Mashrafee. Then it became the cold war (?) of Sakib/Siddons vs Loitta which is going on for some time. It seems, the first victim of this cold war is Mashrafee. The first part of this drama has been staged already. Probably we may see the second part after the end of the series when we get white washed by England. The whole blame may to go the captain Sakib + the allegation of dividing the team and not being able to unite the team = result can be Mashrafee being the captain again or something new? At the end, Loitta going to win, we all know that.

Don't jump into me, its totally my specualtion by observing the series of events so far.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:38 AM
Club Cricketer

After everything Mash did for Bangladesh and for the team, this was totaly uncalled for. I mean shakibul is captain in the team coz the actual captain Mash insisted him to be at his place. And what? Shakibul doesnt want Mash to be in the team? No wonder why jamie or shakibul doesnt have the guts to aproach Mash and tell him he's not in the team. I mean its outrageous, this guy is even considering to retire frm test for the sake of serving longer for Bangladesh. And what? This shakibul and the coach thinks he dont fit in their team? I want to see what happens to them when Bangladesh continues the pathetic losing streak while the 'unfit' Mash plays for KKR & Ash out of the team. This coach and shakibul's 'teamplan' will eventualy lead to their downfall.
Old March 3, 2010, 01:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Mash needs more time. Period.
ditto...Btw what is this period? Class period? ঘন্টা ধ্বনি?
Old March 3, 2010, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
ditto...Btw what is this period? Class period? ঘন্টা ধ্বনি?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Period
Old March 3, 2010, 05:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous

My dear...ur believing these good for nothing reporters..who dont even work hard for their reports. copies from cric info or other sources and but never miss a chance to write spiced up news...to sell their papers. or do u wanna believe the people who are working hard to win matches for bangladesh..didnt u see mash, not fully fit during the match.bowling at 75 miles,dont u see sakib always trying his best to win matches.

Mash been given the first match, to try him out..he is a proven player.he has been given his chance for his experience.but i think it was better to let him get fitter and come,back strongly..( more for mash; had he played the second odi..and not performed, most people would have said, mash is finished, asked for BCB heads)..people who work hard, give their best dont need to worry about shortcuts. or cheatings, or politics..just a question" have u ever seen the student who works the hardest for the exams even thinks about cheating in the exam?, its always those who dont work hard"....and the idea of cheating also comes from these kind of people...
Old March 3, 2010, 07:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Words being associated with Masri now that are popular are: Cheater, Terrele Owens, Egotistical, Selfish.

smh
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 3, 2010, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafe was much better in the field than a lot of the players. His bowling on the other hand will take some time to get into rhythm. You might say International cricket is not the place to regain form but that's the only option available to him. It makes no sense to send him to the NCL as he is thinking about quitting Test cricket and that would be risky. He would not have been that much worse than Rubel or Shafiul and sometimes for long-term benefit you have to sacrifice.
Old March 3, 2010, 07:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Period
Thanks....ব্যাপক জ্ঞান পাইলাম।