facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:18 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436
Default An Open Letter to the Team Management and the Selectors

Dear Sirs

With due respect, please let me have the pleasure to introduce myself. I am a poor devoted fan of Bangladesh team supporting our cricket from the bottom of my heart. There are a millions of fans like me from inside and outside of Bangladesh. Love for Bangladesh cricket is running inside our veins. This is our national pride.

We, all, do have great a respect for all the hard works you guys are doing for the team. But I am afraid that your works simply not good enough for a rising team like us. The news about the team environment, the recent results, the poor decisions about game planning and the team selections are pointing finger towards your ability.

Let’s start with the team environment. The air in the team is not fresh. Something is definitely going wrong. This can happen with a wrong team management. Players are not happy and probably having problem with each other. Recent incidents about Mash and Roc clearly suggests it. What they did is definitely wrong. But that is a result of bad environment actually. Management could do much better to handle the situation. Instead of doing that the captain criticized them in front of public press which made the situation even worse. This kind of criticism never should come in front of the public from a member of the team management. Do it in your closed door team meetings. The team manager also tried to bring irrelevant issues like religion to make things worse. Pathetic way to manage your national team. I am pretty much sure that the team spirit is lowest at the moment.

Now please take a look at the failures about the team planning and strategy. Over last 2 years a lot of times we have come very close to win matches against big teams. Due to lack of proper planning, we never been able to capitalize those situations. The management is taking odd decisions regularly which kills the game. We tend to take wrong decisions after winning tosses which cost the whole matches. Wrong captaincy has to take a big part of the blame. But these kinds of decisions are combined team management decisions and the captain only implements it. So the coach and the manager also have to share the blame. You don’t learn and make the same mistakes again and again. It seems that you are reluctant to learn.


Individual performances are always important. But not more important than the whole team performance and playing as a unit. Wrong signal is being continuously given to the players about personal performances. As a result we are seeing selfish attitude from them. What Mash and Roc did is the result of these kinds of wrong signals.

Team selection became a joke these days. If you don’t have competent players in the team then you would never be able to compete. Without any real justification, non-performers like Junaed and Aftab remain in the team. They are not rarely performs; you have to admit the truth. If a player is unable to reach 30+ averages both in first class and list A matches, then there’s no justification of selecting him. Who cannot perform in domestic level will never be able to perform in international level. Please accept the truth. There players like Jahirul, Faisal and Farhad in the domestic level who can be tried instead of these non-performers. Tamim, Riyad, Shakib, Naeem all these performers had healthy stats when they came into the side. There’s no point in trying some pure raw bowler like Rubel. He is not ready yet. By selecting him, you are not only doing injustice to the national team but also ruining this young guy. Someday you guys will throw him by labeling “Simply Not Good Enough”. Bagh mama, please leave the chair and let some one better than you do the job.

There’s a saying, “ Talk Less, Do more”. Our captain and coach are following the opposite strategy. Refraining from making un-necessary comments in front of the media makes it easier for you to manage the team.

A coach has a big role to play in cricket. He is not only the technical trainer but also the main strategician in the team. He along with the captain, vice-captain and the manager makes the master plans before approaching the matches. Why do you put middle order batsmen like Riyad, Naeem and Mushy in the tail while fragile ones like Junaed and Aftab in the top? Mr. Siddons, you failed to live up to the expectations. Either stand tall for the job or leave the head coach post please. I rate you high as a batting coach. But as a head coach, you are zero so far. Mr. Hira, please leave the post of manager. You are simply good for nothing here. Mr. Shakib, please take care so that your shadow doesn’t get bigger than you. Otherwise you will be doomed.

Regards.
Thanking in advance
-------------------------
A Poor Bangladeshi Fan
__________________
And Allah Knows the best

Last edited by WarWolf; March 13, 2010 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
dolcevita dolcevita is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 3, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 3,116

You are right

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:46 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

সাদী ভাই,
কোন লাভ নাই রে ভাই। কামারের কাছে কোরান পড়লে কামার কী কোরানের মূল্য বুঝবে?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd-shardul
সাদী ভাই,
কোন লাভ নাই রে ভাই। কামারের কাছে কোরান পড়লে কামার কী কোরানের মূল্য বুঝবে?
তবু ট্রাই করে যেতে হবেরে ভাই।
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
kazis2007's Avatar
kazis2007 kazis2007 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 20, 2007
Location: London
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim, Nasir,Mushy
Posts: 704

cool
__________________
GOOD LUCK BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dear Sirs...
Opatre malya dan kore kunu lav nai. They dont bother to hear anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,919

Very well written Warwolf !

BCB management is not smart enough to read and understand this article though.
Maybe they should take ESL class so that they understand some English,
and hear what the whole world is screaming about.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:02 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dear Sirs
With due respect, please let me have the pleasure to introduce myself. I am a poor devoted fan of Bangladesh team supporting our cricket from the bottom of my heart. There are a millions of fans like me from inside and outside of Bangladesh. Love for Bangladesh cricket is running inside our veins. This is our national pride.

We, all, do have great a respect for all the hard works you guys are doing for the team. But I am afraid that your works simply not good enough for a rising team like us. The news about the team environment, the recent results, the poor decisions about game planning and the team selections are pointing finger towards your ability.

Let’s start with the team environment. The air in the team is not fresh. Something is definitely going wrong. This can happen with a wrong team management. Players are not happy and probably having problem with each other. Recent incidents about Mash and Roc clearly suggests it. What they did is definitely wrong. But that is a result of bad environment actually. Management could do much better to handle the situation. Instead of doing that the captain criticized them in front of public press which made the situation even worse. This kind of criticism never should come in front of the public from a member of the team management. Do it in your closed door team meetings. The team manager also tried to bring irrelevant issues like religion to make things worse. Pathetic way to manage your national team. I am pretty much sure that the team spirit is lowest at the moment.

Now please take a look at the failures about the team planning and strategy. Over last 2 years a lot of times we have come very close to win matches against big teams. Due to lack of proper planning, we never been able to capitalize those situations. The management is taking odd decisions regularly which kills the game. We tend to take wrong decisions after winning tosses which cost the whole matches. Wrong captaincy has to take a big part of the blame. But these kinds of decisions are combined team management decisions and the captain only implements it. So the coach and the manager also have to share the blame. You don’t learn and make the same mistakes again and again. It seems that you are reluctant to learn.


Individual performances are always important. But not more important than the whole team performance and playing as a unit. Wrong signal is being continuously given to the players about personal performances. As a result we are seeing selfish attitude from them. What Mash and Roc did is the result of these kinds of wrong signals.

Team selection became a joke these days. If you don’t have competent players in the team then you would never be able to compete. Without any real justification, non-performers like Junaed and Aftab remain in the team. They are not rarely performs; you have to admit the truth. If a player is unable to reach 30+ averages both in first class and list A matches, then there’s no justification of selecting him. Who cannot perform in domestic level will never be able to perform in international level. Please accept the truth. There players like Jahirul, Faisal and Farhad in the domestic level who can be tried instead of these non-performers. Tamim, Riyad, Shakib, Naeem all these performers had healthy stats when they came into the side. There’s no point in trying some pure raw bowler like Rubel. He is not ready yet. By selecting him, you are not only doing injustice to the national team but also ruining this young guy. Someday you guys will throw him by labeling “Simply Not Good Enough”. Bagh mama, please leave the chair and let some one better than you do the job.

There’s a saying, “ Talk Less, Do more”. Our captain and coach are following the opposite strategy. Refraining from making un-necessary comments in front of the media makes it easier for you to manage the team.

A coach has a big role to play in cricket. He is not only the technical trainer but also the main strategician in the team. He along with the captain, vice-captain and the manager makes the master plans before approaching the matches. Mr. Siddons, you failed to live up to the expectations. Either stand tall for the job or leave the head coach post please. I rate you high as a batting coach. But as a head coach, you are zero so far. Mr. Hira, please leave the post of manager. You are simply good for nothing here. Mr. Shakib, please take care so that your shadow doesn’t get bigger than you. Otherwise you will be doomed.

Regards.
Thanking in advance
-------------------------
A Poor Bangladeshi Fan
Top post my friend..really liked the part of what you said about mash and rocks situation..somne people thought shakib said the right things about rock but in my opinion, those were some unnecessary stuff he said about the situation..he handled it bad..why is he commenting on this situation at a sensitive time? Espicially when rock wishes not 2 share about it? This stuff should be behind closed doors..we should not be knowing about these things..when they asked him he shouldve just said no comment..instead he goes on and sayz oo mash and sn should be suspended blah blah..really shakib? Are you the bcb boss here? Your just the captain man, you dont have the power 2 suspend, and sn and mash are his teammates and throwing them under the bus is not right..thats just bad morals..just say that i dont wanna talk about these things, im just here 2 talk about the game and thats it..everything i just wrong, planning, team selections, whatever you name it..im just sick of it these days..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:09 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,323

wrong place
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:16 PM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

Nice stuff

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

I know this open letter doesn't matter. Yet we gotta try our level best. May be some day....
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 13, 2010, 01:47 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

Great stuff Sadi bhai.

This should be ,ailed to BCB. Please make a print and send it to JS, BCB's directors.

This is also a clear indication of maturity. I'm impressed and it does ring a bell to me.
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 13, 2010, 02:45 PM
BangladeshFan's Avatar
BangladeshFan BangladeshFan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 16, 2004
Posts: 2,106

Well its all easy to blame the team management and 2 or 3 top order batsman. You have forgotten one important thing, our bowlers leaked 600 runs in 1.5 days. Sakib made a wrong decision to field, but cook could have won that toss and batted and the result would have been the exactly same. There is a huge gulf of difference in the quality of the two sides here. In ODIs and T20s we may challenge england when we play well. But in tests, I dont see any light in the tunnel.............. and that too in our own background low slow supposedly spin friendly pitches.

I agree with you on the point we need to replace zunaed and aftab in tests and replace them with two solid performers in local cricket.
__________________
When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,530

I Smell Frontpage material...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 13, 2010, 02:54 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I Smell Frontpage material...
No. These kinds of articles which may arise controversy won't come in the front page.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 13, 2010, 02:58 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
No. These kinds of articles which may arise controversy won't come in the front page.
Forget even as a cricket team,We will never even smell the bounties of Progress until we overcome our faults and biases...

This NEEDS to be in the front page. period.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 13, 2010, 02:59 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,530

Just like Miraz bhai's letter, "Ashraful needs to go" it was controvertial but the point was made and he was immediately removed from captaincy and now the national team!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 13, 2010, 03:13 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Just like Miraz bhai's letter, "Ashraful needs to go" it was controvertial but the point was made and he was immediately removed from captaincy and now the national team!
Let's see.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
The_Yorker The_Yorker is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2007
Posts: 205

WarWolf
Beautifully written. You put it in a very simple way and right to the point. I am hoping and I belive that the management is reading.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 13, 2010, 05:27 PM
The_Yorker The_Yorker is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2007
Posts: 205

WarWolf
Please send this to the BCB in a regular mail. I am sure they will open and read this whether they like it or not.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 13, 2010, 05:53 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,440

Warwolf bhai, you wrote this historical beautiful letter and we are alreadfy tasting the benifit of it and as I write you this post our Raqibul wants to return to the team now....Sa'di bhai, as all the other bhais and apas said here, you must hand deliver this letter to BCB and BCB read, read!! It's about time Bangladesh cricket grows a backbone (As Ian W would say), it's about time Bangladeshi cricketers have some professional pride and grow a pair instead of constatntly acting like a herd of chagols (mountain goats)! Team selection? There is no selector in BD, otherwise the team cannot be like this..the coach, he is simply not good enough doing his JOB... I don't want to hear any excuses, why is there any good result, why does this team only go downward? And BCB? Please make YOURSELF "professional", do this, go stand in front of the mirror, and say,"We are BCB, we can do it, we are professionals!" Say it! Now! Stupid shameless bafoons!
And Enamul Haque Moni? You should castrate yourself, I forgot you are already missing it!!!
Shakib Al Hasan, you were my hero and said a lot of great things about you BUT now, you are beginning to look like a mountain Buffello (Mohish)....Please as Warwolf bhai said, Don't let that moronic shadow of your bite you in the bottocks now!!
There is no hope for any cricket in Bangladehs unless and until we have a decent, proper domestic League! We should hire professionals, for that matter! The whole current BCB board should retire and resign!

You know Whatmore said it very recently that cricketwise BD has some stadiums, some gyms and the bats, balls, pads and helmets are easily available, that's it! That is the standard, the extent of our current cricket achievement in our country! We don't really have cricket in there!!! But we have all the accessories!!! That's it!!! And D. Whatmore is very right here, he said that these REPEAT fundamental mistakes and doing the same thing, saying the same thing for the millionth time after a while gets very tiring and people eventually, other people I mean, who are paying attention eventually want to give up, walk away or leave and forget!!!

That is BAD news!
__________________
T20 WC-e duto assoc team-ke hariye ekti darun bissucup upohar debar jonno BD team-er dui galey shikto chumbon...

Last edited by bujhee kom; March 13, 2010 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

I want to send it by mails to BCB top shots. Can anyone give me their mail addresses? Then please PM me.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 14, 2010, 12:52 AM
Idealist Idealist is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2007
Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The team manager also tried to bring irrelevant issues like religion to make things worse.
Hey, great post, well thought out. What was the religous issue that was raised?

Last edited by Idealist; March 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 14, 2010, 12:56 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The team manager also tried to bring irrelevant issues like religion to make things worse.
Hey, great post, well thought out. What was the religous issue that was raised?
The team manager claimed that Raqibul lost his focus on the game by getting very much religious. As per his claim, Raqibul was not taking his match fees and salaries saying they are worthless in life.etc...etc...
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 14, 2010, 07:43 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,436

Finding the right combination is important. What a regret, you guys never tried to find it.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket