facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 25, 2016, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE
Default Vaccinations

HELLO all!

It's been a while since I've posted. But I had a very old topic in mind for discussion which I'm sure has been discussed to at least some degree at some point in BC. Bit I'm still curious about everyone's stance on his matter.

And it is vaccinations in children or the mandatory vaccinations required at any earlier age (polio/hep/etc).

What is your opinion regarding this...for it? OR against it? DO you believe that vaccinations can in fact cause autism? Are they or can they potentially be harmful enough that you may want to skip it for your children altogether?
Old November 25, 2016, 01:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: IMRUL KAYES

Are you guys expecting FaHeMa?
Old November 25, 2016, 02:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

They should be mandatory in my opinion. Vaccination is a must.
If you are in BD, they should give you a chart book to follow.
Old November 25, 2016, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Are you guys expecting FaHeMa?
Lol a little late on that...
Old November 25, 2016, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Okay. And why do you think they are necessary? What do you think of parents who feel they shouldn't have to vaccinate their children ..due to...I don't know maybe harsh chemicals and carcinogenics and etc.

I'm only asking since it seems to be an icky topic among new generation parents nowadays.
Old November 25, 2016, 05:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Those who think vaccines are bad, need to educate themselves on human history. And you don't have to go too far back, just evaluate past 150 years.

Vaccination must be mandatory as those who don't vaccinate pose clear and present dangers for rest of the society. They endanger themselves and others around them. Due to effective vaccinations some diseases might seem to be non issue for some as strains are not widely spread. A singularl example like that cannot be used for a justification of no vaccine. Rigorous statistical analysis will show lack of vaccine will definitely pose a child in danger now and/or future.

No vaccine movement (fearing it causes autism) and climate change denial is same sort of pseudoscience.
Old November 25, 2016, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Depends on the type of Vaccine. I don't think it should be mandatory, while I do think people should be given a choice in this matter. People should do their due research on how vaccines affect their overall health. Some vaccines are very beneficial(like Polio, flu) but others it really depends, do your research then make your decision

Last edited by Rifat; November 26, 2016 at 12:26 AM..
Old November 25, 2016, 08:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

There is no conclusive evidence that vaccines causes autism. Poor and underdeveloped countries like Bangladesh adopted mass free vaccination. It was a huge public campaign in the 90s and it successfully eradicated/reduced the number of many crippling diseases. But on the other hand, these pseudoscience emerged in US linking vaccines and autism. So weird!!

Don't do your research. The internet is full of fake news and someone who has no medical knowledge can be easily duped. Listen to the pediatrician. If you want seek multiple opinion from various doctors. But don't rely on individual and personal opinion from any layman.
Old November 25, 2016, 09:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Those who think vaccines are bad, need to educate themselves on human history. And you don't have to go too far back, just evaluate past 150 years.

Vaccination must be mandatory as those who don't vaccinate pose clear and present dangers for rest of the society. They endanger themselves and others around them. Due to effective vaccinations some diseases might seem to be non issue for some as strains are not widely spread. A singular example like that cannot be used for a justification of no vaccine. Rigorous statistical analysis will show lack of vaccine will definitely pose a child in danger now and/or future.

No vaccine movement (fearing it causes autism) and climate change denial is same sort of pseudoscience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
There is no conclusive evidence that vaccines causes autism. Poor and underdeveloped countries like Bangladesh adopted mass free vaccination. It was a huge public campaign in the 90s and it successfully eradicated/reduced the number of many crippling diseases. But on the other hand, these pseudoscience emerged in US linking vaccines and autism. So weird!!

Don't do your research. The internet is full of fake news and someone who has no medical knowledge can be easily duped. Listen to the pediatrician. If you want seek multiple opinion from various doctors. But don't rely on individual and personal opinion from any layman.
Absolutely right on!

FaHiMa, Please protect your precious child (children), vaccinate them. And just like Rabz, Nasif and Mufi (these guys are very smart) said, it is extremely necessary and critical that you do that for your child's and his or her playmates/friends' sake. Like Mufi said, do not even listen to folks like me or us in a general cricket forum or read about it on the internet garbage, please talk to your child's doctor, pediatrician and if needed talk to several doctors about it. Or at least listen to BC members like IDumb, Ortpheus, Al-Furqaan, Dr. Shaad, Rumz-01 - people who studied and are practicing medicine and/or practicing scientists, and see what they have to say about it.

Some nobody jerk of a Gastroenterologist Dr. Wakefield from Britain made a fraudulent claim through a garbage paper he submitted a few years back saying vaccination causes autism in children. He was proven to be a fraud and was discredited and his license to practice medicine was taken away in England. It was found and proven that he was doing it mainly to claim a large share in a class action lawsuit and to make $$$ out of establishing and conducting a false study. What a major crook! And then you have all these half/poor educated fools of parents that jumped the wagon to sing along chorus against a very long established scientific method of immunization. And some F grade Hollywood 'not funny' fool like Jenny McCarthy, people that talks about things that they have ZERO idea about just to use it as a publicity stunt for their own business benefit. And then we have your uneducated fools that will bring sickening conspiracy theories that governments or NGOs are actually systematically harming children/people through vaccines/immunizations etc. Back home in Bangladesh, I have cousins, and very poorly or not at all educated aunts and uncles that always claim that many children/young relatives around them with behavioral problem or maybe just trouble children, or children with attention deficit AS 'autistic'. FaHiMa, these fools have no idea about the fundamental definition of the word or disorder called Autism.

FaHiMa, you are in U.K. you have great doctors there, please talk to your child's physician, do not even listen to us. But I hope and pray that you will vaccinate your beautiful little ones and may our Lord bless them and give them excellent health.

Also, some foolish wise-*** parents will claim that their kids are doing wonderful without any immunizations what so ever. It is because all the other kids around that un-vaccinated child at the playground or school are immunized and thus the child in question has no threat around her/him. And some jerk parents knowingly will do it, saying that my child is not going to catch anything, because all his/her playmates are covered. I find it shamelessly selfish@! FaHiMa, do not listen to these kind of fools. Do the right thing for your baby.
Old November 25, 2016, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Hmm I actually have some close people I know, whom I could not believe, think that vaccinations should be optional, so they belong in the non vaccination parent clan. THEY have argued over and over again how ingredients in vaccines do this and that blah blah.

One thing I have realized though, it's odd how in uni we are taught to articulate our thoughts thoroughly, with the right kind evidence (from proper citations and sources). Yet just being able to articulate an idea somehow leads to spreading of alot of pseudoscience. Now don't get me wrong, I am very much aware there are enough harmful ingredients within the vaccines; but how exactly does that justify being anti vaccinations?
Old November 26, 2016, 12:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

this is a good link:

http://www.parenting.com/article/10-...myths---busted
Old November 26, 2016, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Congratulations Fahema. Kobe biya hoiya gelo... kobe baccha hoiya gelo... kichudin por shunbo ekhane kono member bolbe ei cricketer amar chele or meye..

Time flies and I feel a little sadder inside with every change - even if it's a good change.