facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 15, 2018, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Amazon Headquarters comes to Queens, NY and Arlington, VA

Two places where I either lived or have extensive family. But got no properties in either places. Great for property owners and job seekers. Bad for renters. 20 years from now queens will be a hub of some sort that includes jamaica center area as well where massive development already taking place.

No matter the price, there are some places in USA where it's never a bad thing to own properties.

Old November 15, 2018, 07:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am just glad that Boston lost. Traffic/Housing already horrific, back on the wall.
Old November 15, 2018, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

The two places that chose aren't really cheap places either. Long Island City got transformed last 15 years - it was most industries but now many high rise co ops and condos got developed as it is short distance to manhattan and also can have manhattan skyline view. So the rent there has skyrocketed - in 3K area for 1 bedroom last few years. It is however still relatively cheap to buy apartments there in comparison to let's say upper/lower east side.

Introduction of Amazon head quarte opens up door for other big corps to come here as well. The location, infrastructure, available talented work force is large in numbers but cost of doing business is high... But with amazon being in queens now other companies can treat NY outboroughs as a city center as well... Should more comapnies wants to have a bit of annexation here - I expect the housing in LIC and sorroudning area to cont to skyrocket and be in line with manhattan, williamsburg etc.

Big plans for Jamaica center also in works for some time now... we are in midst of ny megacity transformation.

Though traffic and housing would cont to be bad for a lot of ppl, never the less, these are good positive things for any city in my opinion. If you can't fight them, join them. that's my motto.

Now some of these bengali kids in computer science don't have to go to virginia or california for jobs.. they can live with their mommmy and go work for amazon and earn 170K
Old November 15, 2018, 10:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hipster invasion- part two.

Gentrification- to the next level.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Cricket Sage

I live in Arlington. Amazon is going to be leasing out a bunch of buildings within a block from my wife’s office. Our commute is going to be horrible. DC metro infrastructure is already horrible, last year they went from running trains every 4 minutes during rush hour to every 8 minutes and don’t even get me started on cost of living increase.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I am just glad that Boston lost. Traffic/Housing already horrific, back on the wall.
still better than new york traffic
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I live in Arlington. Amazon is going to be leasing out a bunch of buildings within a block from my wife’s office.
Start buying Condos. I know that area is already pretty expensive. It has gone up pretty significantly over the last 5 years. Lots of new residential buildings but they are expensive. Virginia is unique in a sense that if you are ok to drive some distance you can have good living space for cheap but around DC metro area near train station is pretty high cost - and likely that's where the prices will cont to rise while rest remain stagnant.

Good for you - you can apply for Amazon Job and start earning 200k if not doing it already .

There is a massive amount of IT talent there and amazon jobs there will be competitive while vacancies will start popping up in those companies currently doing those govt projects. Another thing is it also gives many of the current IT workers leverage to re negotiate salaries to become in line with close to amazons -basically cost of everything just went up theoretically. it's a good thing if you are in that sector - don't distress over some traffic nuisance. Ppl should be happy. Be part of it.