facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:12 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987
Default Are you going to live forever?

Yes or no?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:23 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 8,387

Keno bhai... Do u want to send a message to our future cricketers?
__________________
Get well Bruce
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:30 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 5,297

bujhlam na kisui. how can anyone live forever? gunijon ra toh bolei gese "man is mortal". so my answer is No.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:54 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Keno bhai... Do u want to send a message to our future cricketers?
Not a bad idea. A new line of thinking for this thread?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:55 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
bujhlam na kisui. how can anyone live forever? gunijon ra toh bolei gese "man is mortal". so my answer is No.
What if I say, maximum time gurujon'ra bhul chilo. Hahaha!!!

Anyone else want to take a shot at? If Dawah was still active, certainly he would reply in this thread.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 30, 2015, 11:45 AM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,623

If somehow we find a cure to death, I'd still choose to end at some point. We enjoy the little things in life because of our mortality. If I were to live forever, I'd not enjoy living at all after a certain period of time. Life would be too much of the same old thing.
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 30, 2015, 12:01 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 22,073

Yes. I will make it to the singularity.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 30, 2015, 12:14 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

"O who you believe..." - that is the first criteria. If you don't believe, then "no" worries, this is not for you.

Yes, we do live forever. Each and everyone of us. That is the truth. That is the promise of our Lord, to Him our soul belongs.

We may be in different state, some who would be showered with the mercy of their Lord because of their deeds; others, the unfortunate ones, in a place where no one wants to be. But we do live forever.

Death is just a transition between two stages. Ending the time in Earth and beginning of the never end. Every living soul will face it. Leaving the body behind. We will reunite with the body at the judgment day.

Between the time of death and time of resurrection, is the waiting period. You have your boarding pass. You wait till they call. Some would already taste what is waiting for them In that stage.

In another word we can describe death as "end of FREEDOM". All the choices we have now... it would end when the angel of death comes. Books are closed forever. Credit and debit will be done at the appointed time.

+++

What are you thinking now?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 30, 2015 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 30, 2015, 01:39 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 27,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Yes. I will make it to the singularity.
One man's s--- thread is Kurzweil's hit thread. No offense Miju da Just a wordplay.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 30, 2015, 01:40 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 27,124

How the hell do we even know DEATH exists and it is not just a GAME like the movie itself with Michael Douglas.

Everything is maya....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 30, 2015, 01:45 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 27,124

Curtsy Alan Watts:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg alan.JPG (77.4 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Zeeshan; March 30, 2015 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 30, 2015, 02:18 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
How the hell do we even know DEATH exists ....
"O who you believe..."
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 30, 2015, 06:00 PM
Donal C's Avatar
Donal C Donal C is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2014
Location: Ireland
Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Posts: 491

Pssh, everyone knows when you reach 19 you stay that age forever.

Right guys?? Right??

Guys???
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 30, 2015, 07:47 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is online now
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers
Posts: 1,377

This is definitely the work of the illuminati
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 30, 2015, 09:11 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 3,233

you have to do someting great to live foreever... make your mark in the world.. bring a positive change...

be zuckerberg, clinton, mujib, bir shresto noor muhammad, ashraful...
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 30, 2015, 09:51 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 27,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
you have to do someting great to live foreever... make your mark in the world.. bring a positive change...

be zuckerberg, clinton, mujib, bir shresto noor muhammad, ashraful...
How do you know we are not living in matrix, bladder runner , tron and the inception sans monica belluci of course
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:27 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 3,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
How do you know we are not living in matrix, bladder runner , tron and the inception sans monica belluci of course
i dont know. rather i would want to do something in which i know.... since i am living in this world whatever it is matrix or not, i can leave my mark in this matrix because i know many who have passed awy are still immortal ex jobs, diana

i dont worry about things that i dot know... hypothetical scenarios because thats stupid, not evidence based.... ok? ok.

dumb ppl have the tendency to get attracted to fantasy ignoring evidence ...
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 30, 2015, 10:38 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yes or no?


So you can't live for ever; have to die till resurrected & you don't know Howe any centuries you will remain dead until resurrected
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 31, 2015, 02:02 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN


So you can't live for ever; have to die till resurrected & you don't know Howe any centuries you will remain dead until resurrected
It is the perception of death. Dying does not mean the end of souls. It lives.

2:154 to top

Sahih International
And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 31, 2015, 02:56 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 27,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i dont know. rather i would want to do something in which i know.... since i am living in this world whatever it is matrix or not, i can leave my mark in this matrix because i know many who have passed awy are still immortal ex jobs, diana

i dont worry about things that i dot know... hypothetical scenarios because thats stupid, not evidence based.... ok? ok.

dumb ppl have the tendency to get attracted to fantasy ignoring evidence ...
Well slave away my friend. You would be as rich as Scrooge waking up from a dream thinking that was the reality.

I would rather be lazy.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old April 11, 2015, 07:37 PM
shaad's Avatar
shaad shaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 5, 2004
Location: Bethesda, MD, USA
Posts: 3,639

Personally, I've always liked Terry Pratchett's comment, “No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away...”

So Orphy's comment resonates with me. And I feel blessed that as a scientist, I can at least spend my life contributing a little to humanity's knowledge and understanding.
__________________
Shaad
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old April 13, 2015, 01:56 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 5,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
"O who you believe..." - that is the first criteria. If you don't believe, then "no" worries, this is not for you.

Yes, we do live forever. Each and everyone of us. That is the truth. That is the promise of our Lord, to Him our soul belongs.

We may be in different state, some who would be showered with the mercy of their Lord because of their deeds; others, the unfortunate ones, in a place where no one wants to be. But we do live forever.

Death is just a transition between two stages. Ending the time in Earth and beginning of the never end. Every living soul will face it. Leaving the body behind. We will reunite with the body at the judgment day.

Between the time of death and time of resurrection, is the waiting period. You have your boarding pass. You wait till they call. Some would already taste what is waiting for them In that stage.

In another word we can describe death as "end of FREEDOM". All the choices we have now... it would end when the angel of death comes. Books are closed forever. Credit and debit will be done at the appointed time.

+++

What are you thinking now?
TE bhai, does the idea of living eternally ever scare you? When the final judgement is passed and the people have made their abode either in jannah or jahannam, there is just eternity and eternity. Even death itself will be brought in the form of sleep and will be slaughtered (more or less meaning of hadith, source: bukhari, muslim etc.)

This fact scares me so much. That we will live and live and continue to live. Everything has an end. A school life ends, work day ends, a game ends, any work ends, but that life will never ever end. Pretty scary stuff.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 13, 2015, 02:36 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 26,987

Yes, eternity is beyond my imagination. So I do not think of it much. The scary part is knowing all this, we are still not submitting ourselves to our Lord. Knowing the time when the freedom ends can come at anytime, we live our carefree lives.

We go out of our way to comply or do stuff for our superiors or loved ones. Be it supervisor, Company CEO/Owner, head of state etc. In true sense they don't have any power. Yet we loudly argue against the Being, Who has all the power, disobey his orders - knowing we will return to Him. We have time for everything else yet no time to pray.

May Allah Subhana watala forgive and have mercy on us.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old May 6, 2015, 09:18 AM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,399

Living gets boring
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old May 6, 2015, 04:00 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
TE bhai, does the idea of living eternally ever scare you? When the final judgement is passed and the people have made their abode either in jannah or jahannam, there is just eternity and eternity. Even death itself will be brought in the form of sleep and will be slaughtered (more or less meaning of hadith, source: bukhari, muslim etc.)

This fact scares me so much. That we will live and live and continue to live. Everything has an end. A school life ends, work day ends, a game ends, any work ends, but that life will never ever end. Pretty scary stuff.
I recently started trying to read Surah Kahf on Friday's. I'm trying to do at least 5 Ayah's every Friday and their meaning/tafsir. I just completed the first few Ayah's and came across Ayah number 3, which has the answer to this question for me. For eternity you will be anticipating better things to come in Jannah.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket