facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 8, 2015, 03:57 PM
Banned for 3 days

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul
Default Solution For Hair Loss SufferingS

Is there any who can share some tips, advice, products, solutions to this suffering? has there any one lost hair so much over the years or a period of time?

I have been losing hair since, 16 if I remember correctly, and it seems a massive curse and wont leave me alone. I've not, talked about it openly to many, as I fought it would go eventually. I've been doctor's they don't really give me anything. I don't know whether this is normal hair loss or I might have something else? as I have been having this issue long time now.

Just to give an insight, of some of my past. I did suffer from depression a time ago, for a period, and great deal of stress. but, I'm well out of it, and have been feeling much better and confident last 5 years, yet the issue of hair loss (which started since 2006) still continues without stopping.
I have been trimming hair short ever since 2008/9. hardly can grow up to 3 or inches of length of hair. shaved countless of times, still keeps falling as soon as it grows up to few inches, especially 3 or 4 inches plus.

I'd really appreciate if any one can share anything they know iof any solutions/products/natural therapy, anything which can help stop this issue of mine, or even others who might be suffering the same thing, for that matter.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; April 9, 2015 at 11:51 AM..
Old April 8, 2015, 09:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

laser surgery, wig, hormonal injection, changing religious beliefs, not eating radish...
Old April 8, 2015, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Shave it all off and embrace it. Life's too short to worry about atavistic keratin growths. A shiny pate is a joy to behold.
Old April 9, 2015, 12:05 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Shave it all off and embrace it. Life's too short to worry about atavistic keratin growths. A shiny pate is a joy to behold.
Hair loss is face gain
Old April 9, 2015, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

i'm surprised iDumb hasn't hijacked this thread yet!
Old April 9, 2015, 11:48 AM
Banned for 3 days

Quote:
Done that alott bro. I just cant see myself being that all the time, I love my hair. Everyone is different. AND I feel, better, happy with longer hair. Hair is important to me.

If you have any products, natural products, any solution one may have used, to stop hari loss, please do advice. GOES TO ALL
Old April 9, 2015, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Sadly, unless you can afford the reconstructive surgery or want to have a huge tattoo to cover it, embracing it is the only solution. The world changes though when you don't have hair. I always wanted to have that salt and pepper look but sadly, I won't get to it
Old April 10, 2015, 10:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/s...out/?tid=sm_fb
Old April 11, 2015, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

If you have reservations about shaving it all off, why not go for a military style crew cut/buzz cut?

I do know some colleagues who are working on hair loss (sadly, there's often more money to be made in catering to male vanity than pursuing cures for actual maladies, and hair growth in mice do make a fairly useful model) but don't expect anything to make it through the FDA pipeline anytime soon.
Old April 11, 2015, 08:38 PM
Cricket Sage

I won't make any recommendation to you, I can only speak from my experience. Over the last year or so I used this product called Kirkland Minoxidil 5%. You can buy 6 months supply from Ebay for around 20-25 bucks. Why did I choose this? I watched some random youtube videos and people claimed it worked for them. 25 bucks seemed like a worthy investment to find out. In the box label, they tell you to put it on your head twice a day, but its really up to you. I didn't feel like doing it twice a day, so I did once a day. I started putting on right before I went to bed at night. This product won't work if you are completely bald. I used it for roughly 6-8 months. My relatives noticed some difference. A lot of people told me it didn't look as empty as it used to. I got lazy after a while and I stopped. Now my head is back to as empty as it was used to be. I'd have to continue to keep using this product for as long as I have hair, and I don't know if I can do that. You can also try using a hair loss concealer called caboki. It won't solve your hair loss problem, it will just hide it. Look at the video, you'll get the idea.

I agree with Shaad by just go with a buzz cut. That's what I usually do right now.
Old April 11, 2015, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

yeah you actually look pretty good with your cut ajfar.. your facial cut can pull of a bad boy type buzz cut...

Ppl with rounder head/face but skinny i don't think can pull it off that well.... However muscular guy with round face also look good shaved...
Old April 12, 2015, 12:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Bro, onek experience theke bolchi -

1. The most popular solution in usa - Taking a "Propecia" pill once a day and using Rogain (5% Minoxidil) twice a day will stop hair loss and regrow hair in bald spots. This usually works best with young males in 20s. But 10-12% propecia users have complained to have side affects such as erection dysfunction. Serious bepar, So your choice.

I used propecia and rogain for 5 years, thankfully I didnt have the side effect. But erpor ami stop kore disi, just to be on the safe side. Expensive? ofcourse, one month of propecia costs about $80 bucks.

2. Only use rogain, stop propecia. This will stop hair loss but wont help regrow any.
I did it for another 3 years or so.

3. Hair transplant. It is safe, nothing to worry. Apnar nijer scalp neck er upor theke niye, bald spot e bosiye dewa, thats it.
Manusher neck er upore chul kokhono pore na. Onek bald manush dekhben, but piche chul ache. RIGHT?
karon holo pichoner ey chulgulote je hormon er karone chul pore, oi receptor nei.
So transplant is taking these scalps and replacing in bald spot. And then new scalps regrows itself from the taken area.
Not painful at all, just like going to dentist, wont feel a thing, and probably even less uncomfortable.

I did transplant once, and enjoying good hair ever since.
Ofcourse expensive, about $8-10 k, depends on how many thousands you need to put back.
You may need to transplant 2 -3 time to enjoy hair all over head for life time. really depends.

4. Shave it off and accept it. I did that too for about 6 months before transplant. but i could not accept it. I love my hair.
So your choice now.

Last edited by Mav; April 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM..
Old April 12, 2015, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Surprisingly good post mav. Do you have a before and after picture of your head ? pre and post transplant by any chance? pre/post rogaine.
Old April 12, 2015, 12:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Nah chobi nei bro, age chilo, but I dont have any bald spot now.
I think doing transplant (may be twice) and using rogain for rest of your life is the ultimate solution.
Some doctors say you dont need to use rogain 1 year after transplant, that theory doesn't work as you enter 30s.
Old April 12, 2015, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Hair transplant. £2.50 for per strand of hair in London. Am actually saving up.
Old April 16, 2015, 10:10 AM
Banned for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Hair transplant. £2.50 for per strand of hair in London. Am actually saving up.
Really? Where is the place too?
Old April 17, 2015, 05:04 PM
Banned for 3 days

Forget to mention .. Saved my head couple days go, after the BCB XI victory against the Pakistanis. Now, I guess MAYBE, this has bought SOME good luck to Bangladesh to beat Pakistan