facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 4, 2018, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

This is so sad.

23% of US born Muslims have left Islam (According to a recent research)

Scholar discussing how lack of Islamic education in US is a big factor. As most of those US-born are brought up on science and philosophy, and Islamic education is neglected (lack of proper Islamic institution) being one factor amongst many.

This is different in UK, Alhamduillah. But more focus needs to be given to Islamic institution to protect the iman of Muslims of our future generations.

Really sad about what’s happening in US though.

Old June 4, 2018, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Same is happening in Christianity.
Blame the millenials who get full knowledge and walk back from belief.
Old June 4, 2018, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

Scholar discussing how lack of Islamic education in US is a big factor. .
Nothing sad about this.

US educational system has no place for any religious lessons in my opinion. If you want, go ahead do it during college years... no religion should be taught in public school at pre college level. That's my opinion.
Old June 5, 2018, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
This is so sad.

Scholar discussing how lack of Islamic education in US is a big factor. As most of those US-born are brought up on science and philosophy, and Islamic education is neglected (lack of proper Islamic institution) being one factor amongst many.

This is different in UK, Alhamduillah. But more focus needs to be given to Islamic institution to protect the iman of Muslims of our future generations.

Really sad about what’s happening in US though.
This is a double extra large bag full of garbage post, a sh!t post of the millennia!!
I am not going to explain why, NOT because it is Ramadan and I am fasting and just finished my Faz'r, and I am going to lose my cool - BUT, because I do not have the time now, have to go to work.

I will elaborate later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Nothing sad about this.

US educational system has no place for any religious lessons in my opinion. If you want, go ahead do it during college years... no religion should be taught in public school at pre college level. That's my opinion.
Absolutely totally correct - to the T, what you said, idumb.
Old June 5, 2018, 08:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

what report is this? I don't know about UK (or any other place) but I don't think that number is accurate for US.

and to add - I think the US muslim community is doing fine. there are very few cases of homegrown fundamentalism compared to UK and Europe. its practiced very moderately here. and within the communities it is not segregated by race and ethnic group. obviously there are room for improvement. and someone like Rifat can correct me if I am wrong.

finally - religion is a choice. a personal choice. it should not be shoved down someone's throat. people find meaning/purpose/solace in life through many different ways and religion is one of them. the idea is to be a good human being first.
Old June 5, 2018, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

finally - religion is a choice. a personal choice. it should not be shoved down someone's throat. people find meaning/purpose/solace in life through many different ways and religion is one of them. the idea is to be a good human being first.
Bah Mufi. Wonderfully written. Be a human first, then be a muslim, hindu, christian or whatever you desire to be. Unfortunately to force someone to practice religion has become imani dayitto for many and think that forcing others to believe will get them Jannah. And I am not talking about muslims only. Christians do the same thing too. And to be honest I found those people very exasperating in my college days who were there just to inspire me to go to church.

In this day and age, where all the information is available, this type of practice needs to stop.
Old June 5, 2018, 08:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Unfortunately that number is correct.
https://www.economist.com/united-sta...rica-is-rising

Here in UK, you have Educational institution that focuses on Islamic teaching alongside national curriculum from an young age. This institution are private. I can’t speak much about US, since I don’t know how the Islamic institution work there. Each year, you have Hafiz/Alim etc graduate from this Islamic institution. You would have to remember, since this are private, parents/guardian usually pay the fees. It’s not forced onto anyone, rather a collective decision. Alhamduillah now we have Imam/Hafiz etc from UK that lead prayer in other European countries.

The imam was saying how it was important to protect this institutions, and the right kind of programs/courses etc are taught. He said, people often say, Islam is that fastest religion in the world, which is true, but they forget those that are leaving Islam. He made a point, as to how this institution need to play a bigger role in reaching/explaining/targeting those kind of people.

He said ‘two recent study in US’ found that 23% of US born Muslim have left islam.. and was talking about the need to protect Islamic institution and to have the right kind of programs/courses that answers people’s doubt etc.
Old June 5, 2018, 08:48 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Unfortunately that number is correct.
https://www.economist.com/united-sta...rica-is-rising

Here in UK, you have Educational institution that focuses on Islamic teaching alongside national curriculum from an young age. This institution are private. I can’t speak much about US, since I don’t know how the Islamic institution work there. Each year, you have Hafiz/Alim etc graduate from this Islamic institution. You would have to remember, since this are private, parents/guardian usually pay the fees. It’s not forced onto anyone, rather a collective decision. Alhamduillah now we have Imam/Hafiz etc from UK that lead prayer in other European countries.

The imam was saying how it was important to protect this institutions, and the right kind of programs/courses etc are taught. He said, people often say, Islam is that fastest religion in the world, which is true, but they forget those that are leaving Islam. He made a point, as to how this institution need to play a bigger role in reaching/explaining/targeting those kind of people.

He said ‘two recent study in US’ found that 23% of US born Muslim have left islam.. and was talking about the need to protect Islamic institution and to have the right kind of programs/courses that answers people’s doubt etc.
I do not know about other cities in USA, but here in NY we have few Islamic schools that follow new york city department of education curriculum and also teach students about Islam. Many Imams, Hafiz come out from those schools and lead prayers not only in New york but other states as well. Also heard Texas has some very strong Islamic schools with strong curriculum. Students coming out of those schools not only becoming knowledgable about Islam but they also getting admitted to prestigious universities.
Old June 5, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Europe has fallen. USA continues to great. And I am so happy people are thinking for themselves and are getting out of the greasy hands of mustachless beardmen. I hope UK comes to its senses and elects Farage pretty soon to be their prime minister.
Old June 5, 2018, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I do not know about other cities in USA, but here in NY we have few Islamic schools that follow new york city department of education curriculum and also teach students about Islam. Many Imams, Hafiz come out from those schools and lead prayers not only in New york but other states as well. Also heard Texas has some very strong Islamic schools with strong curriculum. Students coming out of those schools not only becoming knowledgable about Islam but they also getting admitted to prestigious universities.
I can attest to this. there is a very solid Islamic school in CT called Madina Academy. The students coming out of there get accepted to UCONN, Brown and many other very prestigious universities. The Academic standard and the quality of education is set at a very high level. Plus they are great kids in general.
Old June 5, 2018, 05:09 PM
Cricket Guru

SportingBD,

I want to say some things some people may not like what I say but I will say it anyways. Most people migrate to USA with the intention of Making more money(doesn't matter how they get it). with that Intention, for Most people, Islam is secondary. and then when their kids leave Islam they go "hay hay hay hay hay what have I done?....". Truth be told, Islam starts at home. If the parents aren't practicing it, and we all know what kind of Environment and situation people in public schools go through, the kids won't practice it or pay attention to it in most cases. Parents have to lead by example. Especially in environments where Islam, Islamic Ideas and even Islamic Dress code, Islamic way of life is attacked left and right in every facet of life and the challenges faced by the youth, it becomes very difficult maintain your islamic identity for most people. On top of that, lack of support from muslim community, kids and even adults not being about to relate to Friday khutbahs, it is like holding onto hot burring coal.
Old June 5, 2018, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

We should encourage Critical Thinking, young people have loads of tough questions to ask and having these questions answered by proper knowledgeable people will only strengthen the faith. For many people, especially the millennial generation, it is a pretty big deal. If it doesn't make sense to them they won't commit to it.
Old June 12, 2018, 05:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

A documentary about the Bangladeshi community in Brick Lane. It was filmed in 1991.

Old June 12, 2018, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Imran Khan's ex wife is claiming that Imran is gay

http://www.prothomalo.com/internatio...A7%87%E0%A6%B0
Old June 12, 2018, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ Oh man. You can't make these stuff up

Isn't he like running for PM or President of Pakistan?
Old June 13, 2018, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Imran Khan's ex wife is claiming that Imran is gay
LOL this lady may possibly be bat **** crazy. I know we automatically believe in everything a woman says about a guy as they often are "victims" but something i feel is off about this lady.

According to an indian news paper she also dragged some other ppl into this. Notably akram kahn and his sexual fantasies. No self respecting woman would do that even if it's 200% true. Akram sexual fantasies involving his own wife is NONE OF THIS LADY'S BUSINESS.

though i did have a chuckle at the fantasy... i thought usually those role play has historical significance and the male usually have to be white race but sure whatever makes u happy.. more power to you.
Old June 13, 2018, 07:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^I agree with you 100% on what you said iDumb! Absolutely right.
This woman Reham is full of it, a total junky, some ex-tabloid crap journalist! Writing a bullsh!t book, spreading lies about a great athlete and a politician, and very conveniently leaking a 'chapter' right before the crucial election! Reham is a CROOK!

And talking about Wasim Akram and his personal life - that is none of your, our or anyone else' damn business! It is you -Reham who is the filth here.

Only issue I have with Imran Khan is that why in hell he ever married this loser Reham? Khan should have had better judgement. Glad it is good riddance now.././
Old June 13, 2018, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Only issue I have with Imran Khan is that why in hell he ever married this loser Reham? Khan should have had better judgement. Glad it is good riddance now.././
Why you ask BK Uncle? because some guys will forever make decisions using their little fella. She was/still is a hottie. Little Imran doesn't know better, and big Imran is paying the price.