facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

WTH? eita ki dekhlam? Football match e bondhuk niya jaoa lage? Bangladesh!!! Digital Bangladesh
Old October 16, 2012, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^^^Ex-National Team Captain Arif Khan Joy-na?
Old October 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Shob asha bhorosha shesh...bhebechilam Saber Hossain Chowdhury BCB President hobe...khala eta ki korlen
Old October 17, 2012, 01:42 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Shob asha bhorosha shesh...bhebechilam Saber Hossain Chowdhury BCB President hobe...khala eta ki korlen
Keno? Notun lok tar shomporke amar kono dharona nai. Onar credentials ki khub kharap naki?
Old October 17, 2012, 04:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Saber hossain phorsha bolei tar eto fans.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 17, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Anyone heard of Mumzy Stranger? He is an R&B singer (of Bangali descent) and is close to mainstream success. He was founded by Rishi Rich (who also discovered Jay Sean). His single "Give Me One More Dance" is a nice track (music video isnt bad either). He is probably the only Bangali artist who has a chance to go mainsteam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumzy_Stranger
Old October 17, 2012, 04:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

LOL theres a thread about Mumzy. Didnt know about that... sorry guys i am a bit delayed

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...age=1000000000
Old October 17, 2012, 05:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

aj porjonto kono poll marka thread khulte parlam na, afsos..
Old October 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Some interesting and useful things I've learnt in the last year or so by travelling mostly on public transports (Bangladesh):
1. When the conductor says to the driver- "Mama baaye plastic!" it means, baame 'private car'..!
2. Jumping into a running bus= Difficulty lvl. 99.
3. While getting down from the bus, no conductor forgets to say "Baam paa, baam paa!"
4. Even a 'Direct seating service' always has at least 4-5 extra passengers who remain standing.
6. When two buses are racing with each other, Formula 1 racing o fail!
7. Every bus has 1-2 or even more bad eggs who are ready to shout at the conductor 24/7 as if it's part of their daily routine.
8. 1 hit on the door is a signal for the bus to stop. 2 simultaneous hits signals the driver to proceed.
9. It's rather unusual for a bus to have all the windows intact!
10. The seats of a bus are designed for people of 5 feet height or below!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 17, 2012, 06:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Chorer prokaar ved.. Konta beshi kammo..
Destiny Group (group of lot of chor baatpar) naki Hallmark Group (a gusthi of chor chapta) konta beshi bhalo?
Dhora pora churi uddhar-er khetre mone hoy 2nd option is better.

Amar khed sei sob chor gular jonnoy je-gula kalo takar pahaar nia probashe pari dia thaake, aar ei-shob shuinna moja pai.
Old October 17, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Some interesting and useful things I've learnt in the last year or so by travelling mostly on public transports (Bangladesh):
1. When the conductor says to the driver- "Mama baaye plastic!" it means, baame 'private car'..!
2. Jumping into a running bus= Difficulty lvl. 99.
3. While getting down from the bus, no conductor forgets to say "Baam paa, baam paa!"
4. Even a 'Direct seating service' always has at least 4-5 extra passengers who remain standing.
6. When two buses are racing with each other, Formula 1 racing o fail!
7. Every bus has 1-2 or even more bad eggs who are ready to shout at the conductor 24/7 as if it's part of their daily routine.
8. 1 hit on the door is a signal for the bus to stop. 2 simultaneous hits signals the driver to proceed.
9. It's rather unusual for a bus to have all the windows intact!
10. The seats of a bus are designed for people of 5 feet height or below!
Haha good observation. Ekbar doraiya doraiya bongobazar thika bus dhorsilam. Rastar moddhe garigorar moddhe doradori bhoyanok chilo. Arekdin bhule dan pa diye namsi ar nogod e ustha khaisi.
Old October 18, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Haha good observation. Ekbar doraiya doraiya bongobazar thika bus dhorsilam. Rastar moddhe garigorar moddhe doradori bhoyanok chilo. Arekdin bhule dan pa diye namsi ar nogod e ustha khaisi.
Hahah, these pretty much are daily occurences for those who don't have personal transports or can't avail their personal transports all day. Well, amongst all the pain one needs to go through, good doses of humour are always available for those who need them

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 18, 2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

People talk about the democratic process and corruption in 3rd world countries...

Some things to note with regards to the US election

-States passing laws, repressive laws(that supposedly are about fighting voter fraud) but in reality are about making voting difficult for minorities - ID Laws.
-Redistricting - this is one of the most damaging and corrupt electoral methods. Redrawing boundaries to change the will of the electorate.
-unnamed donors(SuperPacs) spending hundreds of millions of dollars to curry favor with and push for their candidates. Candidates who are then of course beholden to those select few individuals and corporations.

These are practices in a democracy that is hundreds and hundreds years old...so why is it that we are so impatient with one that is still a way from hitting 30?
Old October 18, 2012, 01:05 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Good point F6 I'd add the great deficiencies in the electoral college system as well to that list....
Old October 18, 2012, 03:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Complete off topic - apologies to all, and this is full of rambling thoughts, so bear with me....
Yet look where we are....Too often we get bogged down in the negatives, eita nai keno, how about appreciating what we have? I'm not saying we should 'settle' - but we need to recognize the hand we were dealt.

Bangladesh
I'm replying to it here as my response does not touch upon the topic of the 3G thread at all.

I share Turbo bhai's optimism about Bangladesh.

I believe that I'm part of the generation who are genuinely interested in returning home and investing our future (i.e. bhobishot, not the financial term) in the country. Yes, there are many pitfalls, hardships and set backs here but there is also great scope for introducing new ideas and being innovative (if you have a real desire to).

For the longest time, I thought that I would succumb to the temptation of pursuing a typical Third Culture Kid profession i.e consultant, UN employee etc. I didn't and I'm really glad. I returned home immediately after being called to the Bar in July, despite my parents being abroad and despite being totally unfamiliar with the Bangladesh legal system and legal culture. (No one in my family is a lawyer or judge) It was not a bad decision. I'm now a trainee lawyer and a part-time lecturer of administrative law and commercial law. I've started contributing legal articles, volunteering as a coach to teach university students how to debate points of law and am in the process of setting up a free legal clinic in my Dada's ancestral village to go alongside his free medical clinic. There are just so many things to do! From a personal, selfish perspective, its almost as if you feel needed, rather than just being a cog. It may not be as financially lucrative or impressive-sounding as a position in a multinational or a multilateral agency but there is a substantial scope for helping people and a considerable feeling of fulfillment that I never felt abroad.

And many of my friends and classmates involved in many different fields and vocations feel the same way and have started returning. We may not see eye to eye on everything and we definitely don't agree on political issues but we do see hope and potential for the future of the country. As Turbo bhai said, we should not be complacent or satisfied by any means- but we shouldn't be bitter and cynical either.

For instance, people like Banfan bhai and others are often critical of Executive and State actions and sometimes rightly so but does that mean we should stop believing in the work of the State, and the People's Republic it constitutionally embodies, altogether? No, we should seek to strengthen such State organs, branches and bodies by making them more transparent, accountable, efficient, etc. Doing so is not only the duty of an incumbent Government of 5 year terms but is also our active, continuing duty as citizens.

Old October 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

These are very important and interesting discussion. I share the same view and have strong desire to go back to Bangladesh. My mother always tries to convince me in one way or another to settle in Dhaka. But I want to at least finish graduate (master's) level education before I return. I am planning to get either a MBA or a master's degree in life sciences. I honestly don't know what kind of relevant opportunities (pharma industry) are out there for me in Dhaka. That is an area of concern and also while many intelligent people like Sohel bhai, BANFAN bhai and recently Navo have returned, many of my other friends in Dhaka are desperately trying to move out. They seem fed up with rampant corruption, violent politics, and social degradation in many aspects.

But while growing up in Dhaka, I am accustomed to this culture and take them for granted. Overall, the country is not doing that bad economically. A vibrant civic middle class is growing and on other hand economy is going at a healthy rate of 6% over the last decade. There has been many social improvement in terms of infant mortality and others as pointed by Turbo bhai.

Life in overseas will go fine as well. Suburbian lifestyle with a house, car and other luxuries. No worries about traffics, electricity, and other basic necessities. But quoting Navo, "there is a substantial scope for helping people and a considerable feeling of fulfillment that I never felt abroad"..

Let's see what the future holds. Have to decide and settle on something before 30. That seems many years for now but time goes fast.
Old October 18, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
That seems many years for now but time goes fast.
It sure does. 2 days ago I was sitting in a chair at a lounge at my uni studying for an exam. I sat in that exact same chair 5 years ago from that day during my freshman year. It feels like it was just yesterday.
Old October 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
MLC World Series I

Anyone else suffer from midnight food cravings?
Old October 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Anyone else suffer from midnight food cravings?
I wake up 2 am in the morning while everyone is sleeping. Sneak in to the kitchen and look for food.

BTW craving is not the word. I go on food feast
Old October 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

And many of my friends and classmates involved in many different fields and vocations feel the same way and have started returning. We may not see eye to eye on everything and we definitely don't agree on political issues but we do see hope and potential for the future of the country. As Turbo bhai said, we should not be complacent or satisfied by any means- but we shouldn't be bitter and cynical either.

For instance, people like Banfan bhai and others are often critical of Executive and State actions and sometimes rightly so but does that mean we should stop believing in the work of the State, and the People's Republic it constitutionally embodies, altogether? No, we should seek to strengthen such State organs, branches and bodies by making them more transparent, accountable, efficient, etc. Doing so is not only the duty of an incumbent Government of 5 year terms but is also our active, continuing duty as citizens. .....

We all had a dream ... And you have one too...it's so similar.

When you end up your academic life and wait for a fresh career, 90% of the people are so innocent and have such honest desires, if that desire/innocence could be injected into every citizen, we could become a dream nation overnight.

You had been a student and the politics never touched you. It was a matter of choice even if you were a student in BD. but in professional life, it will become increasingly difficult as you climb up the ladder in your career. You will see, how you are being blocked by politics to remain honest. I mean honesty of purpose. Well, you can probably remain financially honest if you want, in many professions, but on purpose, you rarely can, be it Public, NGO or private sector.

The people who express frustrations, they all have experienced these situations, so they know, how difficult it is to uproot such practices. You are yet to see the depth of it. By the way, have you become a member of Bar council?? Did you decide your political camp?? If not do it fast, or be there as silent weeds, never try to stand for the truth.

I don't like to make it long... It won't finish in a volume... No it's not about one bad guy I came across, it's deeply in the system. Change has to come from the top, bottom can't change a system without a bloody revolution... Or coersion... ... Don't think that there is any shortage of western university degrees at the top. I have only touched one problem area, you will come across many more. I will leave you to learn through your own experience.

Im not saying that, give up your innocence, or don't be positive. If democracy is practiced, it has the strength/mechanism to change things over a long period of time. We even have a faulty democracy in place. Just hope that you live to see that, I'm hoping for the same too. But I just don't see that yet happening. We had much more promising situations for a change, but we lost it.
Old October 19, 2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

This is in my mind.

Old October 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
This is in my mind.

haha..khobor ache bhai... just go through the process.. you will learn a lot and how money is spent... and then you go to the next wedding u areninvited to and u will truly appreciate the things.....

let me know muchnmuch u end up spendinh haha.....even a shitty desi wedding cost minimum 50 k usd (including jewelry).

but u are looking at magazine..hahhaahha...u gonna be broke dude.
Old October 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

above post is assuming u are a broke *** kid..... but if u are not.... joke on me.
Old October 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
MLC World Series I

Tony Greig diagnosed with lung cancer! So so sad!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/587398.html
Old October 20, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Tony Greig diagnosed with lung cancer! So so sad!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/587398.html
Very sad news.