facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5251  
Old February 3, 2013, 09:52 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,861

My dada passed away on Monday, hopefully he has found peace in oblivion. I'm visiting Bangladesh soon and I would love to meet some of the members here!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #5252  
Old February 3, 2013, 03:03 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,815

just got dumped right before superbowl...dhur shala
Reply With Quote
  #5253  
Old February 3, 2013, 03:04 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,815

welcome back bg, may your Grandpa's soul Rest in peace!
Reply With Quote
  #5254  
Old February 3, 2013, 03:15 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
My dada passed away on Monday, hopefully he has found peace in oblivion. I'm visiting Bangladesh soon and I would love to meet some of the members here!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
May your Grandfather's soul rest in peace.

Are you coming to Bangladesh for the Janaza, Kulkhani, etc.?
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #5255  
Old February 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,861

I'm going for the shini chachu, the janazah has already happened. I also wish to go see my great grandma who has now seen the death of 3 of her children and would request anyone who can to pray for her well being
Reply With Quote
  #5256  
Old February 5, 2013, 02:36 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Disappointed, disgusted, tired and sick of Bangladesh Politics. How come a war criminal (Kader Mollah) who was famous (!!!!) for killing innocent bangali people in 71, he killed many people as so people started calling him 'Koshai' (butcher) did not get 'Death Sentence' !!?? This BAL govt is making fun of people's sentiment. They are now only acting to save their @$$ but people won't forgive them if they betray with people.

feeling so helpless and hopeless that don't wanna even open a thread on him.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...05/news/326915
Reply With Quote
  #5257  
Old February 5, 2013, 03:42 AM
cricheart's Avatar
cricheart cricheart is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Haowa Bhaban
Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Posts: 1,592

Naimul bhai whole world scared to molla brigade. Our judges aint out of them. nuf said.
Reply With Quote
  #5258  
Old February 5, 2013, 03:48 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,892

Looks like bdnews24 server has crashed
Reply With Quote
  #5259  
Old February 5, 2013, 05:13 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Looks like bdnews24 server has crashed
And most other deshi news sites were also having trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #5260  
Old February 5, 2013, 06:01 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 9,024

jamat-shibir-razakar .... kono upay thake shob gulare fashi te jhulaitum.... Right now!
dhormo bhebsayi ra amar choke shob theke kharap ... era manusher porjaye pore na ... jotoi dektesi totoi bujtesi ki kharap era! SMBL
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #5261  
Old February 6, 2013, 07:12 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

LinkedIn goes very slow in early morning at BD. The prime time of US users for social networking.
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #5262  
Old February 6, 2013, 07:20 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
And most other deshi news sites were also having trouble.
Daily Star online was down too - immediately after verdict.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #5263  
Old February 6, 2013, 07:23 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

shunlam squeaky clean Singapore naki - nexus of match fixing?
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #5264  
Old February 6, 2013, 09:31 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
jamat-shibir-razakar .... kono upay thake shob gulare fashi te jhulaitum.... Right now!
dhormo bhebsayi ra amar choke shob theke kharap ... era manusher porjaye pore na ... jotoi dektesi totoi bujtesi ki kharap era! SMBL
kono chaar nai bhai. Ei shob **** er chu-chil shomaj jotoi paknami koire boluk na ken, civilized country te fashi hoite parey na, tader ami kori ! shote shote manush marche Allah r namey, era naki abar Islam kayem korte chaye deshe. Eder kotha unujayi kafir der naki shomaj theke bitarito korte hobe...Quran, hadith e kothaye bolche manush maire Islam kayem korte ?
Reply With Quote
  #5265  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:32 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
kono chaar nai bhai. Ei shob **** er chu-chil shomaj jotoi paknami koire boluk na ken, civilized country te fashi hoite parey na, tader ami kori ! shote shote manush marche Allah r namey, era naki abar Islam kayem korte chaye deshe. Eder kotha unujayi kafir der naki shomaj theke bitarito korte hobe...Quran, hadith e kothaye bolche manush maire Islam kayem korte ?
Bhai Shobur koren. Ekhono raghob boyal baaki ase..

Personally ei bichar ami aro beshi appreciate kortam jodi Oi shob kulangaar (don't know if this word is allowed here in BC,, if not please forgive me) dero bichar hoto jara BNP BAL e lukay ase. Seems like a political move to me. But nevertheless its a start. And really feeling proud of my uncle who sacrificed his life for Bangladesh. I really want to believe that every single rajakars will be brought to justice. Not just those who belong to jamat
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #5266  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:37 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Bhai Shobur koren. Ekhono raghob boyal baaki ase..

Personally ei bichar ami aro appreciate kortam jodi Oi shob kulangaar der bichar hoto jara BNP BAL e lukay ase. But nevertheless its a start. Hopefully those kulangars who are hiding will be brought to justice someday..
exactly. kintu tarporo jara ekhono buk fulaye gorbo kore bole beraye 71 e tara ja korche thiki korche, tader bichar agey kora uchit !!! BAL, BNP te jara lukaye ase tara to chunopoti ei shob kulangar der shamne !!!
Reply With Quote
  #5267  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:43 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,164

It's interesting to see the reaction of people. Many people express doubt about the fairness of the tribunal and then the same people express outrage over the verdict.

If you think the tribunal is NOT fair then why on earth would you expect a fair judgement and be disappointed with it? If you think the tribunal is fair then why go up in arms over the judgement knowing fully well that the judgement is based on evidence and not emotion of the population?

Should the judges now take into account the mass protests for the next verdict? would that make the process of judgement fair?
__________________
রিয়াদ ফ্যান রা মানুষ হিসেবে উত্তম কারণ তারা অল্পতেই খুশি থাকে - জাদুকর ২০১৪
Reply With Quote
  #5268  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It's interesting to see the reaction of people. Many people express doubt about the fairness of the tribunal and then the same people express outrage over the verdict.

If you think the tribunal is NOT fair then why on earth would you expect a fair judgement and be disappointed with it? If you think the tribunal is fair then why go up in arms over the judgement knowing fully well that the judgement is based on evidence and not emotion of the population?

Should the judges now take into account the mass protests for the next verdict? would that make the process of judgement fair?
I shared the exact same sentiments here
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #5269  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
exactly. kintu tarporo BAL, BNP te jara lukaye ase tara to chunopoti ei shob kulangar der shamne !!!
I don't want to get into details as this is not the place for that and I don't get into long discussions here, but there are many out there hiding who did pretty much everything that jamat did. Some left Bangladesh after 71, some became certified freedom fighters. Really unfortunate. Bichar to tader aro beshi howa uchit jara amader rokto chushe, amader ma bon der opoman koree Ekhon jatiyo bir er morjada passe. Tai na?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #5270  
Old February 6, 2013, 10:53 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I don't want to get into details as this is not the place for that and I don't get into long discussions here, but there are many out there hiding who did pretty much everything that jamat did. Some left Bangladesh after 71, some became certified freedom fighters. Really unfortunate. Bichar to tader aro beshi howa uchit jara amader rokto chushe, amader ma bon der opoman koree Ekhon jatiyo bir er morjada passe. Tai na?
Reply With Quote
  #5271  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:04 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,542

This is something that I have heard about at the office on occasion but don't know its veracity: that the list of those who served the Mujibnagar Government during the Liberation War has grown each and every year - now it includes people who were 2 years old at the time and acted as 'water bearers' (!!)
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #5272  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:23 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
This is something that I have heard about at the office on occasion but don't know its veracity: that the list of those who served the Mujibnagar Government during the Liberation War has grown each and every year - now it includes people who were 2 years old at the time and acted as 'water bearers' (!!)
That's irrelevant now who was real 'freedom fighter' and who not. What matters is now we all know who were against us, against our freedom. There are thousand of evidence of their brutality in 71. Lets remove those culprit first.
Reply With Quote
  #5273  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:27 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It's interesting to see the reaction of people. Many people express doubt about the fairness of the tribunal and then the same people express outrage over the verdict.

If you think the tribunal is NOT fair then why on earth would you expect a fair judgement and be disappointed with it? If you think the tribunal is fair then why go up in arms over the judgement knowing fully well that the judgement is based on evidence and not emotion of the population?

Should the judges now take into account the mass protests for the next verdict? would that make the process of judgement fair?
Not those people who you see in Shahbag, at least 80% of them. They are general people who don't belong to any political group. No political group called for such protest, only the general people who were against war criminal and they demand the highest punishment for war criminals, no less.

Please don't mix politics in it. The political groups are now trying to take advantage of this protest, but this protest is only done by general people like my brothers, sisters,friends who don't participate any active politics.
Reply With Quote
  #5274  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:43 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,164

You didn't understand my post. I was talking about the general people and not the political scumbags. We all know how some of the politicians are so there is no point looking into what they are saying or doing to take advantage.

My point was if you as a part of the general public believe in the due process of law by which evidence is analysed objectively before reaching a verdict then you as an outsider in the judicial process cannot Demand a punishment. The moment you demand a punishment you are circumventing the process and fixing the result to a particular way of your liking thereby undermining fairness of the judicial process. Obviously we can all be frustrated as hell that we couldn't hang a war criminal but we cannot dictate what the verdict should be and influence the very institution, that we ourselves, want to be devoid of any influence.
__________________
রিয়াদ ফ্যান রা মানুষ হিসেবে উত্তম কারণ তারা অল্পতেই খুশি থাকে - জাদুকর ২০১৪
Reply With Quote
  #5275  
Old February 8, 2013, 05:50 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

What in the freaking hell this guy is thinking??

http://tsasgar.blogspot.com/2013/02/...r-quantum.html
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket