facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 26, 2014, 03:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've always been a huge fan of WI and Australia because they played the game exactly the way it was meant to be played. Australia still plays that way. But in light of CA's part to marginalize our cricket, I will support them no more. **** you roos!

Never been a fan of India or England but **** you too!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 26, 2014, 06:23 PM

Well, the players of the "BIG Three" are NOT part of this draft proposal. They have nothing to do with this.

I am a cricket fan and will support cricket...always.
Old January 26, 2014, 07:56 PM
Cricket Savant

I'm not a fanatic nor an imbecile, and as a fan of the sport, will obviously continue to admire many of their players. But the days of me rooting for Australia are over. Call it an end of a 40-year love affair.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 29, 2014 at 12:37 AM..
Old January 28, 2014, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I'm not a fanatic or an imbecile, and as a fan of the sport, will obviously continue to admire many of their players. But the days of me rooting for Australia is over. Call it an end of a 40-year love affair.
love affair for 40 years?? I am not sure if that's called affair or love...
Old January 31, 2014, 09:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
You guys remember this one incident from BD maybe 3-6 months ago. This 8 year old kid asked his step father for a packet of chips. The step father got mad and cut off both of his arms.
Shanto after his surgery

From Udion Foundation's FB page

Quote:
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Dear Friends & Donors,

It is a great pleasure to inform you that #Santha’s discharge was a huge success. It was a very emotional moment to see how attached Santha was to all the doctors, nurses, therapists who have been taken care of Santha since his admission. Santha’s final discharged took place today at noon. I dropped Ruksana Apa and Santha to their temporary home.

According to Shriners Hospital Santha’s treatment and rehabilitation went well and he adjusted very well with his prosthetics (see attached letter), Santha’s next adjustment is approximately a year from now unless any medical issue raises.

Preliminary we have set a date for press conference on Saturday, February 1st, 2014 @ 4:00pm. Press conference will take place in Jackson Heights, NY, will update with exact location.

Please stay tune with #UDiON FaceBook Page and #UDiONFoundation blog about the press conference, we will disclose all the detail about Santha’s treatment, future plan, financial contributions etc.

Thank you everyone for your contribution in many ways to help Santha. Good work always get rewarded, and it couldn’t be any better reward than to see Santha’s smile today with his prosthetics.

Thank You!
Old February 1, 2014, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

^^That's really sad, how could somebody do such a thing?
Old February 1, 2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Shanto after his surgery

From Udion Foundation's FB page
Thanks Ajfar for sharing the pics. Heart-breaking story!
Old February 3, 2014, 12:33 AM
Cricket Savant

I wonder if those in BC who confuse "bowling" and "balling" refer to the NFL championship extravaganza as the "Super Ball" ...
Old February 3, 2014, 01:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Quote:
I wonder if those in BC who confuse "bowling" and "balling" refer to the NFL championship extravaganza as the "Super Ball" ...
Good that you pointed this out. I always confuse these two. The other most common duo are, lose and loose. But AFAIK the bowl in the super bowl actually points to the turf which with the surrounding stands looks like a bowl.
Old February 3, 2014, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Don't get me started here. So many people are balling at the stamps and trying to dislodge the bells that I'm getting very apoplectic. Not good at my age.

And then of course you have people wishing congrates on someone making the cricket team or wayward kids joining gongs on failing to make the team.
Old February 3, 2014, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Good that you pointed this out. I always confuse these two. The other most common duo are, lose and loose. But AFAIK the bowl in the super bowl actually points to the turf which with the surrounding stands looks like a bowl.
You bowl a ball in cricket.

In football you play with a ball in a bowl. Well not all stadiums are bowls but the Super Bowl name originated from the Rose Bowl which was the location of the first post season college football game in the US. Subsequently other post season matches were also termed this bowl or the other - such as the Rose, Orange, Cotton, Sugar and Bud ( ) Bowls. All these post season matches of note are now referred to as bowl games and the Super Bowl drew its inspiration from that. The story is a bit more complicated with the competing AFL and NFL, their subsequent merger, and the existence of the Super Ball toy.
Old February 3, 2014, 04:21 AM
Cricket Sage

^Thanks for the insightful explanation Z Bhai. You almost had me there with both "Cotton" and "Bud" - a very essential replacement for old cotton and "Jharur Shola" combo.
Old February 3, 2014, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
^Thanks for the insightful explanation Z Bhai. You almost had me there with both "Cotton" and "Bud" - a very essential replacement for old cotton and "Jharur Shola" combo.
Cotton bowl is as real as it gets like the others. This is played at Dallas and featured a Big 10 conference champion.

The Bud bowl is also real.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Bowl
Old February 3, 2014, 10:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

I watched Capote after the Oscar buzz, and boy was it brilliant. In my Eastern Religion class we were told to watch The Master. I am looking forward to it.

They also had talks to cast him as the Penguin once for Batman villain.

But, he is beautiful soul who deserves to be rest in peace without any judgement.

May you rest in peace.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

FB has a website up called Facebookstories.com for their 10 year anniversary, kind of like how Ebay did it. If you have some time, you should check it out. They have some amazing stories up there.

This one is my favorite.

Weaving Connections from Facebook Stories on Vimeo.

Old February 10, 2014, 05:52 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

bideshe dekhi chollo ra shob taal hoy...aar ekhane dekhi rishkawalara taal hoy...tarmane ki darache

rishkawala== cholo?
Old February 10, 2014, 05:53 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

give me freedom to smoke vweed or give me deaath!!!!!
Old February 11, 2014, 02:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Why did the monkey try to climb the greasy bamboo?
Old February 13, 2014, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Amber Heard is so cute
Old February 13, 2014, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Makes sense why Dhaka people are so active in Facebook. Bangladesh once again topping the list for something!!

Watch these parts -- 0:40 - 1:00 / 4:00 - 4:20 / 7:45-8:30

Old February 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

With Ben Bernanke's retirement, I think it's time to change my avatar and favorite player. Though people have polarizing opinion about him, more negative than positive, however, I think Bernanke orchestrated the greatest financial recovery from the brink of great depression. A lot of people should owe their prosperity to this man.
Old February 16, 2014, 02:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
With Ben Bernanke's retirement, I think it's time to change my avatar and favorite player. Though people have polarizing opinion about him, more negative than positive, however, I think Bernanke orchestrated the greatest financial recovery from the brink of great depression. A lot of people should owe their prosperity to this man.
I dig the move.
Old February 16, 2014, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank you Roey, really appreciate it. Happy late valentines day btw.

Listen if any one of you guys thinking of proposing to anybody, I have an engagement ring for sale... 40% off the original price... or hell take it for free...

It's round cut diamond 1.53c, F color, VVS. Buy it now for your darling before she runs away with someone else..
Old February 16, 2014, 02:44 AM
Cricket Savant

It's not supposed to work out between men and women without some serious work, gamesmanship, socioethical obligations we believe to be good, and the most binding thing of all, children. Get married without bearing those less-than-rosy facts in mind, and prepare to get to know a deep and singular misery occasionally interrupted by moments of real joy and stretches of apparently harmless tedium.
Old February 20, 2014, 12:07 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

So finally light at the end of the tunnel. After two months in the hospital, two surgeries, rigorous physiotherapy, she is now back from the dead. Feeling happy... relieved... tired and waiting for next Tuesday to see them off at the airport. I will miss my brother's kids the most. They have been a source of joy in the middle of all the sadness.