facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

so far i've been noticing this homo thingy is spreading very fast among the youth in BD. since our urban culture among young generatin is mostly influnced by bollywood and as the bollywood now a days presenting homosexuality directly into mainstream objects our boys and girls getting interested. very tiny in number but visible!! in this digital time everything changing swiftly. society is vastly changed and weirder that what it was to be just ten yeas ago. another thing , in bd homo sexuality is still not being restrictly treated as other islamic nation. so less fear :p

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 21, 2010, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
bollywood now a days presenting homosexuality directly into mainstream objects our boys and girls getting interested. very tiny in number but visible!! in this digital time everything changing swiftly. society is vastly changed and weirder that what it was to be just ten yeas ago.
yeah bollywood and it's changing days ... Watch the new movie Pankh. haven't watched it myself, I don't think its out yet but I think it has some content relating to some sort of homosexuality lol and it has Bipasha Basu in it --- can't get any more mainstream than that! haha
Old April 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Some dude winked at me and gave me 5 bucks. i took it and ran.
Old April 21, 2010, 07:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

How to pay tax and Al-Amin-er nonta biscuit!
Old April 21, 2010, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

magic boy, just to be clear, is it the homosexuality, the PDA (the act of kissing in public), or both that you are complaining about in your post?
Old April 22, 2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
so far i've been noticing this homo thingy is spreading very fast among the youth in BD. since our urban culture among young generatin is mostly influnced by bollywood and as the bollywood now a days presenting homosexuality directly into mainstream objects our boys and girls getting interested. very tiny in number but visible!! in this digital time everything changing swiftly. society is vastly changed and weirder that what it was to be just ten yeas ago. another thing , in bd homo sexuality is still not being restrictly treated as other islamic nation. so less fear :p

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
But thats exactly what I'm saying: these kids are probably going out and about "showing off" by emulating mainstream cinema. Very akin to wearing commercially sold Che Guevara t-shirts and seeing the commercially propagated image of Che as an icon, then claiming to follow his beliefs without seeing the irony in that.

Homosexuality as an identity out of genuine self-awareness and recognition of one's gender preference and sexual orientation is still something that isnt displayed very overtly though. There is a gay community in Bangladesh, and they are most visible in the modeling, personal care, entertainment and fashion industries. But you wont find them doing public displays of affection for that matter.

On the other hand, male prostitution is also quite prevalent in Bangladesh, and otherwise straight married men do engage in it. The term "p*tki mara" isnt really new, especially from a male on male sense. This is again seen more among the lower social and income classes. And its scary because the victims of this are sometimes young boys. We once employed a driver who was caught in the shower with another flat's kaajer chhele by the darwan and other drivers. These things are just wrong!
Old April 22, 2010, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
magic boy, just to be clear, is it the homosexuality, the PDA (the act of kissing in public), or both that you are complaining about in your post?
Homosexuality,...cause both boys acted like romantic couple under the hood of rickshaw. that made me thinking of the homo term! :| may be i'm mixing that the art of kissing in public unconsciously! :s

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 22, 2010, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

@ammark bhai: yes you're right ....homosexual people dont yet prefer to show their hidden(forbidden) act publicly. but you know unconsciously they may reveal it sometime in the life. although you're correct they may just doing the act they've been motivated from other culture.who knows!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 22, 2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

I am really hating it, the chick who runs next to my treadmill is way faster than me also has more stamina, guys need tips on improving my stamina and speed? (running) Anyone works out here?
Old April 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
I am really hating it, the chick who runs next to my treadmill is way faster than me also has more stamina, guys need tips on improving my stamina and speed? (running) Anyone works out here?

Tormuz khhan dekhben Usian Bolt ke o apni haraia diben.
Old April 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
Yes Bond bhai, do running, long distance running if you can spare the time and then go up and down the stairs 10-15 flights not too fast , not too slow either, Inshallah! Drink lots of fresh lemon squizzed gluchose-D water with a little salt in it maybe! And then in the evening go lift free-weights in the gym for 2 hours, six days a week! You will take one day off from all physical activity , you can study that day but you will also meditate and dance tai-chi for four hours that day! Inshallah!

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 22, 2010 at 06:27 PM..
Old April 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

I wanna forget her
Old April 22, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
from his posts i get the idea that he feels homosexuality in general is wrong and should be forbidden in BD (like other "islamic" nations). Magic_boy this type of thinking of yours will irk a lot of people.

I am very liberal in mind but conservative when it comes to public display. I do not like ANY form of public affection - which includes boy-girl, boy-boy, girl-girl, husband-wife, kajerbeti-head of the house etc etc. I think "outside"world is a "G" world - I do not want to face these form of affectionate shown when I am walking with my mother or my niece.

However, I have no problem with any of those acts as long as they are done privately. Sure you can be "open" about it - ie say you are gay and you are attracted to male just like you talk about being attracted to a girl.
Old April 22, 2010, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Dude, I'm not saying this just 'cause of his above post, but from the first time I saw his nick on this forum, I thought he was gay (having been on several forums primarily dominated by gay males (don't ask), I can tell you that I fully expect someone named "magic_boy" to be gay).

Again, don't take this the wrong way... but that is what I honestly thought.

As for public displays of affection... I don't really mind (hetero/homo) as long as it's not like way OTT (like sticking your tongue down someone's throat or grabbing their breasts/arse/genitals) or too much in my face (do it away from me please... maybe when you get off this crowded bus).

Seeing a nice long hug or a peck on the cheek/lips makes me smile, whereas the other activities would make me cringe.

Last edited by goru; April 22, 2010 at 06:21 PM..
Old April 22, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru

Again, don't take this the wrong way... but that is what I honestly thought.
You know you might actually be right. In fact, I think you are right. It is usually difficult to pick up subtle things unless you are actively thinking about it. First of all who the hell looks at two guys in a rickshaw at a ridiculously BZ dhaka city and then spots a subtle homosexual act?

Quote:
(do it away from me please... maybe when you get off this crowded bus).
Dude public transportation are the worse. People are jam packed, nobody knows each other - every body is trying to avoid eye contact with each other and looking at the ceiling.. there is complete silence even though you have like 200 people in the compartment.. then you always have this one hyperactive teenage girl or boy talking so loud and the content is ALWAYS inappropriate. Times like these I wish I had a properly working earphone.
Old April 22, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

TBH, when I saw magic_boy's post, I thought maybe this was his way of "testing the waters" ... if so, he should really stop wasting time and refer to this great thread
Old April 22, 2010, 07:02 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

There was a member on this site with the username battyboy who didn't even know what the batty boy meant. I don't think he's logged in since he found out. Poor sod.

Oh and as for public show of affection, I'm totally up for some lesbian kissing. So far I've seen many straight and gay couples kiss in public, where are all the lesbos at?!
Old April 22, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Oh and as for public show of affection, I'm totally up for some lesbian kissing. So far I've seen many straight and gay couples kiss in public, where are all the lesbos at?!
I think you are better off NOT seeing real lesbians kiss.

:yuck:
Old April 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
I think you are better off NOT seeing real lesbians kiss.

:yuck:
But I thought all lesbians were hot?? A man can dream, surely?
Old April 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But I thought all lesbians were hot?? A man can dream, surely?
RL is a really s****y place.
Old April 22, 2010, 07:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
RL is a really s****y place.
Well girls don't really have to be lesbos to kiss. There are plenty of hot bisexual chicks out there so there is still hope..
Old April 22, 2010, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well girls don't really have to be lesbos to kiss. There are plenty of hot bisexual chicks out there so there is still hope..
Yeah, but you live in the UK. Maybe if you go to Sweden or something...
Old April 22, 2010, 07:35 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Yeah, but you live in the UK. Maybe if you go to Sweden or something...
Do girls kiss in public in Sweden? May be I should cancel my trip to Egypt and visit Stockholm instead.
Old April 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Is it only me or is Hatebreed the only guy who's making any sense here?
Old April 22, 2010, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Do girls kiss in public in Sweden? May be I should cancel my trip to Egypt and visit Stockholm instead.
I was referring to the "hot" bit, obviously.