facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1876  
Old November 27, 2011, 10:10 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Both of them are my all time favorite !! Dont want to go 'who's better' debate. There are other great singers whom i admire most e.g. david gilmour, Mark Knopfler, kurt cobain, Micheal (RHCP), Jim Morrison, Ronnie van zant (lynyrd skynyrd, black sabbath)...the list goes on. Each of them are unique and incomparable to others.

Salute to all of them
There are too many favorites to name, but a couple that come to mind are: "Dancing in the Dark," "Hot Blooded," "You Got It," and "Walk of Life." I realize that not all would be liked by everyone. My spectrum is quite wide. I also like the Beatles, Bee Gees, Police, Carpenters, Billy Joel, Bread, Phil Collins, ABBA, Starship, etc.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #1877  
Old November 28, 2011, 09:46 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

[rant mode] PakPassion disgusts me. BC is much more polite and respectful. I was reading comments at PP regarding the upcoming series and most of them has condescending tones. There are the regular bashing of our physical stature, skin color, race and other stuff. Cmon people grow up!

They even went as far as to singling out few BC members and making fun of them. I am not trying to ignite any controversies or exaggerating the situation. Those comments were just bothering me for few days! [/rant mode]
Reply With Quote
  #1878  
Old November 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,976

^ why do you even bother going to PP? I never go there even if someone posts a link for PP here in BC.
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #1879  
Old November 28, 2011, 10:05 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

Whenever we play someone, I go to opposition team's forums before the series, just to get an idea! Its like the same way Zimslog was with us during the Zim series.
Reply With Quote
  #1880  
Old November 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,976

^ Fair enough. Then just be prepared to see some disturbing comments. Dont take them so seriously
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #1881  
Old November 28, 2011, 10:18 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

Yes, you are right Roman bhai. At the same time, disturbing comments in BC are very rare. I just thought PP would be as civil as us. But I was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #1882  
Old November 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

ajke nije kacha bajar theke bajar kore biryani ranna korsi!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1883  
Old November 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
For this, may I present Bruce Springsteen, the Boss (sorry Zunaid)? I have never heard his voice crack even when he is shouting from the top of his lungs!
Yes, he's amazing as well - but I have to agree with Turbo that as Mercury is of Indian origin, there is an intangible connection haha. Dancing in the Dark (and many others) are classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Both of them are my all time favorite !! Dont want to go 'who's better' debate. There are other great singers whom i admire most e.g. david gilmour, Mark Knopfler, kurt cobain, Micheal (RHCP), Jim Morrison, Ronnie van zant (lynyrd skynyrd, black sabbath)...the list goes on. Each of them are unique and incomparable to others.
Who's he? Do you mean Anthony Kiedis? Kudos for liking Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. Amazing. I went to a Roger Waters concert back in 2008 and heard him and his band play Pink Floyd classics - jaw dropping. I really wish people nowadays knew Pink Floyd for more than just 'Wish you were here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
There are too many favorites to name, but a couple that come to mind are: "Dancing in the Dark," "Hot Blooded," "You Got It," and "Walk of Life." I realize that not all would be liked by everyone. My spectrum is quite wide. I also like the Beatles, Bee Gees, Police, Carpenters, Billy Joel, Bread, Phil Collins, ABBA, Starship, etc.
I also like the Animals (House of the Rising Sun anyone? ).
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #1884  
Old November 28, 2011, 02:10 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,839

Someone please convince me that I made the right choice by getting MacBook Pro over Mac Air so I can stop freakin out.
Reply With Quote
  #1885  
Old November 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ami bhuleo kokhono ei thread e post korbo na:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=39258

I am with you on this one.
How do you rate one's cricket knowledge without knowing that person's cricketing ability. This is more about writing knowledge than cricket. But saying that some of BC-ites does know cricket both practically and theoretically.

So my writing knowledge sux does that mean I know nothing about cricket....Bull......

__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #1886  
Old November 28, 2011, 03:38 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I am with you on this one.
How do you rate one's cricket knowledge without knowing that person's cricketing ability. This is more about writing knowledge than cricket. But saying that some of BC-ites does know cricket both practically and theoretically.

So my writing knowledge sux does that mean I know nothing about cricket....Bull......

Disagree. You don't have be good at cricket to have good cricketing knowledge. Or else we won't have coaches, commentators, reporters, writers. You can have good knowledge of the game without the skills.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #1887  
Old November 28, 2011, 04:37 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,846



Pwnage!
Reply With Quote
  #1888  
Old November 28, 2011, 07:03 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
ajke nije kacha bajar theke bajar kore biryani ranna korsi!
দাওয়াত দিলা না যে? রাগ করসি!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #1889  
Old November 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,145

I don't go there. I have met many decent Pakistanis and many impolite ones. But, without the quality of moderation that we have at BC, the ugly side can come out easily. Also, many Pakistanis have not forgotten the humiliation of 1971. Don't let it bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
[rant mode] PakPassion disgusts me. BC is much more polite and respectful. I was reading comments at PP regarding the upcoming series and most of them has condescending tones. There are the regular bashing of our physical stature, skin color, race and other stuff. Cmon people grow up!

They even went as far as to singling out few BC members and making fun of them. I am not trying to ignite any controversies or exaggerating the situation. Those comments were just bothering me for few days! [/rant mode]
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #1890  
Old November 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Someone please convince me that I made the right choice by getting MacBook Pro over Mac Air so I can stop freakin out.
Bad choice bruh. SSD vs magnetic drive? Pro is nice, but the new Airs are just more appealing and can pretty much pack the same punch in terms of performance.

And no, you can't use the graphics card as an argument. No one buys Macbook pro for gaming. So for daily uses, the Intel hd 3000 is more than enough.
Reply With Quote
  #1891  
Old November 28, 2011, 07:41 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Who's he? Do you mean Anthony Kiedis? Kudos for liking Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. Amazing. I went to a Roger Waters concert back in 2008 and heard him and his band play Pink Floyd classics - jaw dropping. I really wish people nowadays knew Pink Floyd for more than just 'Wish you were here"
I am very sorry. Micheal from 'INXS' ! Micheal Hutchence who died at the age of 37.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I also like the Animals (House of the Rising Sun anyone? ).
Reply With Quote
  #1892  
Old November 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Yes, he's amazing as well - but I have to agree with Turbo that as Mercury is of Indian origin, there is an intangible connection haha. Dancing in the Dark (and many others) are classics!

Who's he? Do you mean Anthony Kiedis? Kudos for liking Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. Amazing. I went to a Roger Waters concert back in 2008 and heard him and his band play Pink Floyd classics - jaw dropping. I really wish people nowadays knew Pink Floyd for more than just 'Wish you were here"

I also like the Animals (House of the Rising Sun anyone? ).
In fact, "The Wall" was one of our most loved songs during undergraduate days.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #1893  
Old November 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bad choice bruh. SSD vs magnetic drive? Pro is nice, but the new Airs are just more appealing and can pretty much pack the same punch in terms of performance.

And no, you can't use the graphics card as an argument. No one buys Macbook pro for gaming. So for daily uses, the Intel hd 3000 is more than enough.
I didn't buy it for gaming. I have PS3 for that. I got it for school. I'll be taking graphics and media classes soon. Do you think Air can handle all that? Can it handle running multiple big apps at ones. People say it's for light use. But for how light!?
Reply With Quote
  #1894  
Old November 28, 2011, 11:32 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

You made the right choice. We have 2 at home. Handles graphics and multimedia with ease. While the Air is sexy and great for road warriors, it wouldn't have served your needs.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #1895  
Old November 29, 2011, 12:45 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You made the right choice. We have 2 at home. Handles graphics and multimedia with ease. While the Air is sexy and great for road warriors, it wouldn't have served your needs.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
That's what everyone telling me. But MBP 15 have the same size RAM (4gb) as MBA 13. So wouldn't it serve my needs? If I run out of space I could get external HD? It's true, the lightweight and look is making me freak out, but can it not handle it at all? If I do change it, I don't wanna be stuck with the wrong thing.

Do you know if MBA has any issues? It suppose to be faster, but one of my friends told me it troubles him with few apps and takes a while to get going. He got it a year ago.

I never heard anyone say "Go with Air over Pro" and I was sold, until I saw the thing with my own eye. I feel guilty. MBA is a whore!
Reply With Quote
  #1896  
Old November 29, 2011, 12:57 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's what everyone telling me. But MBP 15 have the same size RAM (4gb) as MBA 13. So wouldn't it serve my needs? If I run out of space I could get external HD? It's true, the lightweight and look is making me freak out, but can it not handle it at all? If I do change it, I don't wanna be stuck with the wrong thing.

Do you know if MBA has any issues? It suppose to be faster, but one of my friends told me it troubles him with few apps and takes a while to get going. He got it a year ago.

I never heard anyone say "Go with Air over Pro" and I was sold, until I saw the thing with my own eye. I feel guilty. MBA is a whore!
CNet says it better than I could:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...hould-you-buy/
Reply With Quote
  #1897  
Old November 29, 2011, 12:58 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

For the 15, go here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_905131.html
Reply With Quote
  #1898  
Old November 29, 2011, 01:14 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
For the 15, go here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_905131.html
Lol that's where I went to when I bought it. I googled it from the Air!

Let's make things simple. I want it just because it's slick! That's all. Now, I don't how much load exactly I'll be putting on it over the next few years, but let's say moderated, little more than average. Will the Air handle it?

And how long am I suppose to keep a Mac for? I never had one... is it lifetime? 10 years? What's the max year?
Reply With Quote
  #1899  
Old November 29, 2011, 05:25 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: Dhaka Cantonment
Favorite Player: 75 69 29
Posts: 5,177

Back from hibernation Bring it on Pakistan! B)
__________________
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Reply With Quote
  #1900  
Old November 29, 2011, 10:41 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

i felt like kicking some of those girls at the stadium! it's girls like those that give girls in bd a bad name!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket