facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2012, 01:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Be nice, Zeeshan. The state of affairs in Bangladesh isn't quite like that in the US. There's a strong optimistic and entrepreneurial bent among the student body. So there's no reason why Lamisa can't use her Business Administration degree to take advantage of that.
ER jonnyo na shaad uncle. Or moun ekhon kon meye koto liner koto eyeplush chun mekhe stadium e gelo na gelo...cricketer dike chole geche. Porashunar dike mon nai. Tai bolchilum....
Old February 12, 2012, 03:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Be nice, Zeeshan. The state of affairs in Bangladesh isn't quite like that in the US. There's a strong optimistic and entrepreneurial bent among the student body. So there's no reason why Lamisa can't use her Business Administration degree to take advantage of that.
But how beneficial is a business administration degree at undergrad level when you have next to no work or life experience? I mean, it's perfectly understandable why mid-career professionals would choose to get an MBA but how does it benefit a 18-19 year old? I don't mean this as a jibe against Lamisa. I appreciate how difficult it is to get into IBA and I congratulate her for that. I just wonder about the choice of degree.

Of course, from seeing my cousin's experience, I can see how sensible a decision it is career-wise. Almost all IBA grads seem to get jobs immediately with high entry-level salaries.
Old February 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
ER jonnyo na shaad uncle. Or moun ekhon kon meye koto liner koto eyeplush chun mekhe stadium e gelo na gelo...cricketer dike chole geche. Porashunar dike mon nai. Tai bolchilum....
Zeeshan, if there's one thing I have learnt from my years on this planet, it's not to underestimate Bengali women. They are magical বহুরূপী creatures, and we mere mortal men can handle but one or two limited glimpses into their multifaceted personalities.

Our forefathers (no intellectual slouches themselves) knew this: why else did they limit themselves to singing the praises of only female deities -- Durga, Kali, Saraswati and Lakshmi -- while the rest of the subcontinent was going around worshipping all manner of gods and goddesses?
Old February 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I can't believe I am being so nice, but congrats Lamisa!
Old February 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
But how beneficial is a business administration degree at undergrad level when you have next to no work or life experience? I mean, it's perfectly understandable why mid-career professionals would choose to get an MBA but how does it benefit a 18-19 year old? I don't mean this as a jibe against Lamisa. I appreciate how difficult it is to get into IBA and I congratulate her for that. I just wonder about the choice of degree.

Of course, from seeing my cousin's experience, I can see how sensible a decision it is career-wise. Almost all IBA grads seem to get jobs immediately with high entry-level salaries.
Navo, obviously I can't speak for Lamisa (I only know her as someone who posts here), but I think you've partly answered your question. It does offer a fairly assured path to a reasonably well-paying job and at least partial financial independence for young women. Note also that our middle class is in the midst of transitioning to dual-income families, thus making choosing this degree (at this point in time), instead of say, many of the humanities degrees preferred by women of my parents' generation (when many families depended on single incomes), an advantage even in the marriage mart (again, I would like to reiterate that I am by no means suggesting that these are Lamisa's reasons).

Now, if you are phrasing the question as to how important such degrees are from the perspective of the "businesses" that hire them, I will admit to being a little more cynical. I think fresh young IBA graduates "spruce up the place," and "set the right tone" (comments made to me by a few CEOs in Dhaka) but still remain (because of their youth and lack of experience) more amenable to decisions made by individuals higher up the hierarchy than say, your hypothetical mid-career professional with an MBA would be. Briefly, they make good-looking "yes men" and "women" for the bosses.
Old February 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Is there any way to see how many clicks each and every sections of the forum gets daily? I don't remember clicking on "Bangladesh Cricket" section in last couple of weeks.
Old February 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

navo bhai, IBA graduates don't have any difficuties whatsoever to get a job once they graduate. even the ones with cgpas below 3 get very well paid jobs. and currently in bd, the business graduates are more well paid than engineers. if it's between a buet graduate and an iba graduate, chances are higher that the iba graduate will get a higher paid job. but in my case, i didn't choose bba for the money matter, i have an entirely different reason. i like studying business hence i made this decision
Old February 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

zee, dhonnobad!
Old February 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

notun guitar ta niye andaje tung tang kori,
ajke string tight korte giye ekta string chira phelchi -_______-
tarpor ek ghonta gittu deyar cheshta korechi, khali khuilla jay ,khulbeito,etato ar roshi/fita na
9 euro diye notun string er order dilam jar modhdhey 6 euro shudhu delivery cost, tao abar home delivery o na
Old February 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
tarpor ek ghonta gittu deyar cheshta korechi, khali khuilla jay ,khulbeito,etato ar roshi/fita na
9 euro diye notun string er order dilam jar modhdhey 6 euro shudhu delivery cost, tao abar home delivery o na
Bhai to dekhi gan o koren purai celebrity hoye jaben
Old February 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Bhai to dekhi gan o koren purai celebrity hoye jaben
amar guitar play shunley tumi tomar shei signature Smilies use korba, eita
Old February 13, 2012, 04:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
amar guitar play shunley tumi tomar shei signature Smilies use korba, eita
Tahole to shuna dorkar. YouTube e ch khule felen ar upload koa shuru kore den.

Keu kintu nijer proshongsha keu'er kache kore na
Old February 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
apner ta to chire giyechi, tai string er order dilen. r amake dokander guitar kenar shomoy extra string-er packet bikri koreche onek damer ja amar laghbe na r return-o nei ni. jotho bar box khuli, toto bar-e dekhe rag uthe...karon rakhar jaiga nei. apni pashe thakle apnake gift ditam.
Old February 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Tahole to shuna dorkar. YouTube e ch khule felen ar upload koa shuru kore den.

Keu kintu nijer proshongsha keu'er kache kore na
eshob buddhi diyo na,eto popularity ar shojjo hoyna,dekhona shobai amake tader party te invite korchey

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
apner ta to chire giyechi, tai string er order dilen. r amake dokander guitar kenar shomoy extra string-er packet bikri koreche onek damer ja amar laghbe na r return-o nei ni. jotho bar box khuli, toto bar-e dekhe rag uthe...karon rakhar jaiga nei. apni pashe thakle apnake gift ditam.
afsos, jaihok,kal porshur moddhey peye jabo.
Old February 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkh2O
Accoustic Guitar both of you? Don't buy stuff off the internet initially guys...go to a store and talk to the salespeople/guys regarding the need for your strings. Tell them what kind of guitar you are playing and get strings for that type of guitars. If it is Accoustic, you probbably have three nylon and three metal strings. Metal for the thicker - Bassy lines and nilon for the thin - chrispy/chirpy lines/sounds. And once you are familier with buying a few sets of strings and broke a few sets, then buy'em online.

Talk to Razab Qashem Chowdhury dada and Kabir da of Canada! These guys are born rockers, Guitar maistroe (spell)!

Best of luck to you Simon and Paniwala bhai!

Baby it's all about Jimmie Hendrix!!!
Old February 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Pick up a little Folky tune there bros.....a little bit of Greadful Deads and Towns Van Zant, Roy Buchanan, Gilian Welch, Nanci Grifith, Patsie Cline...listen to them guys!
Old February 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
Cricket Sage

^^many thanks BK da

BTW, pohela Falgun er shubhechcha shobaike.
Old February 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Bangladeshi Ghost Hunter? 'Bhutist' lol aie naam shunle manush show ta seriously ki rokom nibe

Old February 14, 2012, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Best of luck to you Simon and Paniwala bhai!
Baby it's all about Jimmie Hendrix!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Pick up a little Folky tune there bros.....a little bit of Greadful Deads and Towns Van Zant, Roy Buchanan, Gilian Welch, Nanci Grifith, Patsie Cline...listen to them guys!
Thank you bk da!
Old February 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

ek matro bhodai people do morashuna to ultimately get job. Smart people create jobs for those bhodais. I REGRET so much wasting my time going to school.

Man maiya manusher morashuna korte hoi na, marry rich. Cheleder jonno ektu tough, mutki mutki boroloker maiyader ke potano is the only way.

jodi luck bhalo hoi, taile borolok ekta shundori jutle jibon shukhi.
Old February 14, 2012, 11:34 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

^^^ bhai atto regret koirenna... morashuna naa jaanle toh BC site ei comment gula likhteo parten na...
Z bhai er kaase tip shoi kore register korte hoito...
Old February 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
starting university from tomorrow!!!
I start University on the 27th . yayaya I'm gonna be a Uni kid too
Old February 15, 2012, 02:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Everyday I am Hustlin'
I dump dat trash on garbage bin
on friday night la semana fin'
me muslim, so stay away from sin...

aha! everyday I'am a Hustlin'
Old February 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^^ bhai atto regret koirenna... morashuna naa jaanle toh BC site ei comment gula likhteo parten na...
Z bhai er kaase tip shoi kore register korte hoito...
arrey bhai, I am not talking about porashuna na kora - illiterate type. Basics - kindergarten er porashuna to kortei hobe. 10 to 12 grade pash korar por, porashunar aar kono dorkar nai really.
Old February 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
arrey bhai, I am not talking about porashuna na kora - illiterate type. Basics - kindergarten er porashuna to kortei hobe. 10 to 12 grade pash korar por, porashunar aar kono dorkar nai really.
Not everyone can be a self-made entrepreneur. Someone needs to be the employee(s). A self-made, self-educated entrepreneur will not hire someone like him/herself, they'll employ college educated drones who will do his bidding well but without question.