facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 7, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

People who are writing off Guyana must be blind IPL fans..look at how T&T did last year..and that was no fluke..these caribbean teams have a lot of raw T20 talent which is the reason why WI is always a danger team in T20's. IPL teams are usually overrated..the foreign players are the reason why they can even compete..most of these players are just mediocre Indian players and to me the average WI players are better T20 players then the average Indian players..so I see Guyana as a threat..
Old September 7, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Its very unfair how some of the players are forced to play for the IPL teams over their own domestic team in the champions league. I think it should be left up to the players to decide.
Old September 7, 2010, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

absolutely unfair, in fact I would go one step further and say that the IPL team owners should pay the players for free, whether the players play even one match should be left to the players.

it's so unfair that they have to play for these IPL teams when they can laze at some sea beach.
Old September 7, 2010, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

^ oh yea here we go. my bad meanie world view of "I hate India" attitude coming out. oh no you caught me again
Old September 7, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

nah ! more like
'oh no I have nothing to hide my illogical comment with so let's pretend I have been insulted'. nothing new, it's at least as old as the internet.

everyone knows that team owners are paying thousands of dollars so that the players can play for other teams right ? that's just so logical.
Old September 7, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cricket Sage

no my comment makes perfectly sense, its no illogical at all. Players decide for themselves, simple as that. You make it sound like Cameron White is not getting paid a dime by his domestic teams? Ya i'm sure his IPL team is probably paying him 10 times more, but I still think its up to the players to decide. and you don't agree with that good for you. You don't need to act like a smart a$$ with your sarcastic comment about laying on the beach.
Old September 8, 2010, 04:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

The IPL teams will turn into orphans if the foreign players do not play. Teams from Australia can still survive as they have quality replacements; but Central district can not make good of losing Taylor. I think, at least in paper last year the players were given the freedom to choose which team they will play for, do not know about this year. In any case the players will choose the IPL teams because of the money and fear of losing the contract. IPL is a big bully and they do not care about players' freedom.
Old September 8, 2010, 05:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kapil Dev

Guys first IPL rules was written than Champion league rules.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 8, 2010, 05:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
People who are writing off Guyana must be blind IPL fans..look at how T&T did last year..and that was no fluke..these caribbean teams have a lot of raw T20 talent which is the reason why WI is always a danger team in T20's. IPL teams are usually overrated..the foreign players are the reason why they can even compete..most of these players are just mediocre Indian players and to me the average WI players are better T20 players then the average Indian players..so I see Guyana as a threat..
your views lacks information about windies cricket.
I am a cricket anaylst .
T and T is a strong team.
By the way how many player from your nation get chance in IPL.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
Cricket Legend

I would dearly love to see this paradise some people live in, where employers pay their employees but leave the decision whether to work or not to the employees themselves.
must be potent stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir john
your views lacks information about windies cricket.
I am a cricket anaylst .
aren't we all ?
Old September 8, 2010, 10:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Again I'm asking you are the domestic teams not paying for player like Ross Taylor and Cameron White to play for them? The questions here is not that they don't want to work, you are making it into something its not. You are making it sound like I'm Cameron White doesn't want to play in the CLT20 and IPL is forcing him to play. No that's not what I said. What I said was Cameron White is employed by both of the team, so when both of the teams are playing in the same tournament IMO it should be up to the player to decide which team he wants to play for.

Quote:
By the way how many player from your nation get chance in IPL.
Where did you get this sort of questions for? He said Indian domestic players are mediocre. If you think otherwise than why don't you tell us about it, give us some numbers and analysis. So by that question you are saying oh Bangladeshi Players are mediocre and yea I agree with you with that. But so what that still doesn't prove that Indian Players are not mediocre. So why hide behind a stupid question like that? Like you said, you are a cricket analyst, so enlighten us.
Old September 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

sir john, getting chance in playing in the IPL is not always the standard way to judge players' quality. IPL teams buy players depending on their availabilities, the relation between the BCCI and that board, the relation between a player and his board's officials, global politics, politics among the cricket boards, slots left for foreign players and many such things.

But you are right on T&T. They are the best team in WI in the T20 format. This Guayana team beat them anyway, although narrowly. The question here is the form of the team and its consistency. T&T succeded not because of having extra-ordinary players; but because of the team-unity. If Guayana can do the same, they will also do well.
Old September 8, 2010, 12:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
sir john, getting chance in playing in the IPL is not always the standard way to judge players' quality. IPL teams buy players depending on their availabilities, the relation between the BCCI and that board, the relation between a player and his board's officials, global politics, politics among the cricket boards, slots left for foreign players and many such things.

But you are right on T&T. They are the best team in WI in the T20 format. This Guayana team beat them anyway, although narrowly. The question here is the form of the team and its consistency. T&T succeded not because of having extra-ordinary players; but because of the team-unity. If Guayana can do the same, they will also do well.
i agreewith your IPL point.

in t20 anyone can beat anyone any day.but do'nt think guyana will win a single match.
Old September 8, 2010, 12:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Again I'm asking you are the domestic teams not paying for player like Ross Taylor and Cameron White to play for them? The questions here is not that they don't want to work, you are making it into something its not. You are making it sound like I'm Cameron White doesn't want to play in the CLT20 and IPL is forcing him to play. No that's not what I said. What I said was Cameron White is employed by both of the team, so when both of the teams are playing in the same tournament IMO it should be up to the player to decide which team he wants to play for.

Where did you get this sort of questions for? He said Indian domestic players are mediocre. If you think otherwise than why don't you tell us about it, give us some numbers and analysis. So by that question you are saying oh Bangladeshi Players are mediocre and yea I agree with you with that. But so what that still doesn't prove that Indian Players are not mediocre. So why hide behind a stupid question like that? Like you said, you are a cricket analyst, so enlighten us.
what stat you need.????
Old September 8, 2010, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

^ you are the cricket analyst, shouldn't you know what kind of start to use?
Old September 8, 2010, 07:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
^ you are the cricket analyst, shouldn't you know what kind of start to use?
no, i give you chance to make a start.
Old September 8, 2010, 08:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
no, i give you chance to make a start.
oh ya I see how great of an analyst you are. And no I will not make a start, I know absolutely nothing about the Indian Domestic players, the whole point of this discussion was so that you can enlighten us. But I guess you missed that part.
Old September 9, 2010, 03:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock

iam surprised that none of you are bringing up the promise Mr Modi made when Bangladesh hit the ICL crisis.He promised to include a Bangladeshi team in the Champion's League's second edition(this one).The organizers even had a clear chance to let a Bangladeshi team in after the English teams were written off!

My question is,WHY isn't there a Bangladeshi team there yet?iam sure they would have been able to make a difference to the way people look at Bangladesh cricket.
Old September 9, 2010, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
iam surprised that none of you are bringing up the promise Mr Modi made when Bangladesh hit the ICL crisis.He promised to include a Bangladeshi team in the Champion's League's second edition(this one).The organizers even had a clear chance to let a Bangladeshi team in after the English teams were written off!

My question is,WHY isn't there a Bangladeshi team there yet?iam sure they would have been able to make a difference to the way people look at Bangladesh cricket.
First of all, promise by Modi means nothing & now he's not even in power. And though some people might be offended but no BD club/franchise is competent enough yet to participate in the Champions League IMHO.
Old September 9, 2010, 04:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
First of all, promise by Modi means nothing & now he's not even in power. And though some people might be offended but no BD club/franchise is competent enough yet to participate in the Champions League IMHO.
Our Big Boss T20 champions can take on the wayamba 11's anyday :P
Old September 9, 2010, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
Our Big Boss T20 champions can take on the wayamba 11's anyday :P
Ha ha. Well that's the spirit. But we already have to endure enough embarrassment because of our national team. Not interested in becoming a laughing stalk in Champions League too that's all.
Old September 9, 2010, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
one of our team should have been in CLT20 instead of third IPL team. In this case I must have to say India acted very selfishly and greedily.
And about competetiveness, the participation fee would easily help us to make our team competetive for next time.
Old September 9, 2010, 07:02 AM
Cricket Sage

those promsises were made by BCCI not Modi. We did get some of our players listed in the preliminary auction. I believe Tamim Shakib and Mash made the real auction list and than only Mash was bought by KKR. Why are u guys so upset about our players not being selected. Our players have to compete with other international players to get picked. Right now only Tamim and Shakib are the only probable candidate.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old September 9, 2010, 08:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

guys calm down,
in this tournament CSA and CA are also partner of BCCI.
both of them want a competitive cricket there,not one day shine only.
Old September 9, 2010, 08:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
oh ya I see how great of an analyst you are. And no I will not make a start, I know absolutely nothing about the Indian Domestic players, the whole point of this discussion was so that you can enlighten us. But I guess you missed that part.
than ok,i never missed anything,i watched whole IPL matches of 3 seasons.
make your points clear man,what you want to say.