facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 19, 2010, 02:18 AM

Default 1st Test win in English soil?!

I am predicting better umpiring in the upcoming Tests as we are playing in English soil ("nak-uchu" English media might be very vocal if Lions / Bulldogs needed further help from umpires to beat the Bangla Tigers?!).

In cricket, no team (may be the Aussies) can win a match if five to six umpiring decisions go against them IMO. Unfortunately, most of the time, the Tigers are the victim of poor umpiring (along with the underdogs).

If we see improved umpiring we might see an improved showing from the Tigers as an outcome (and of course, if the Tigers play out of their skin not to give away their wickets!!).

Old May 19, 2010, 02:24 AM
Banned

Lets concentrate on the match against England Lions. I will be over the moon if BD can avoid a defeat.
Shopno dekhar o ekta shima ase.
Old May 19, 2010, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I am predicting better umpiring in the upcoming Tests as we are playing in English soil ("nak-uchu" English media might be very vocal if Lions / Bulldogs needed further help from umpires to beat the Bangla Tigers?!).

In cricket, no team (may be the Aussies) can win a match if five to six umpiring decisions go against them IMO. Unfortunately, most of the time, the Tigers are the victim of poor umpiring (along with the underdogs).

If we see improved umpiring we might see an improved showing from the Tigers as an outcome (and of course, if the Tigers play out of their skin not to give away their wickets!!).

A distant hope.Sorry i can not think even.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 19, 2010, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Remind me about this article -

Quote:
Giving wickets away has been the chronic failing of Bangladesh cricket. The best to be said for this Test series is that swing and seam at Lord’s, and bounce at Old Trafford, will probably get the touring batsmen before they have time to give themselves up.
+++

Touring batsmen will be back to the pavilion before the umpires get any chance to give bad decisions against them.

Sorry mate, could not be positive like you in this early English summer with the quality we have. The best I am expecting is not to embarrass ourselves in those 2 Tests. Some big knocks, some quality bowling and mostly the fighting attitude - this is the best I can think to achieve.
Old May 19, 2010, 03:30 AM
Banned

bruno revisited...?
Old May 19, 2010, 03:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

^^
I was gonna say... is someone opening a celebration thread on a Test Series win for Bangladesh against England in England?
Old May 19, 2010, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Bhai re. First win against a major test nation should be the title, kun deshi mati, kun khane khela ei gula to onek pore dekhar kotha. Still, if we play to our best potential and more, we have good chance of competing hard.

But the fact that Shakib and Tamim are doubts for the tests is demoralising me.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Unrealistic dreams, how can BD win against the English on English soil? Hope that they survive 3 full days, it will not be as good as the matches as in BD when BD carried the 2 test matches to the full 5 days.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Unrealistic dreams, how can BD win against the English on English soil? Hope that they survive 3 full days, it will not be as good as the matches as in BD when BD carried the 2 test matches to the full 5 days.
possible only if umpires give 6 decisions in favour of us in each of the 4 innings
Old May 19, 2010, 09:47 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Koto sopnoi na dekhi Bangladesh cricket niya.......sob sopnoi bifole jacche din din
Old May 19, 2010, 10:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

Need to wake up from dreams. We are headmaster of dreaming, specially banglacricket folks.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

are bangladesh jodi 5th day porjonto jaite pare tahoile ami paray mishti bilabo!
Old May 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Please, age draw korar shopno dekhi
Old May 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

won't even last 3 days.
day 1 = bangladesh 67 all out 30 overs, England 250/2 60 overs
Day 2 = England 367/2 Declare 120 overs, Bangladesh 160/8 60 overs
Day 3 = Bangladesh all out 200 from 70 overs. England win by an Innings and 100 runs
(Shahadat will be out highest scorer)
Old May 19, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
are bangladesh jodi 5th day porjonto jaite pare tahoile ami paray mishti bilabo!
I am bookmarking this comment, you still have time to withdraw your statement
Old May 19, 2010, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I am bookmarking this comment, you still have time to withdraw your statement
Withdraw korbe ken? Her para involves her virtual 'hood too. Don't you want mishti?

I think we will win by an inning and 200 runs.
Old May 19, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Withdraw korbe ken? Her para involves her virtual 'hood too. Don't you want mishti?

I think we will win by an inning and 200 runs.
hahahahahaaha

realistically, a win is possible. but is it likely?
Old May 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
I will buy you the 5th day ticket so you can frame it or put it inside a thabij.
Old May 19, 2010, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont think Bd will play badly, the structure of the side is ok, we just need sakib back and healthy. the same team which is playing england lions, with sakib replacing razzaq........... and maybe shahadat replacing rubel (better batsman).

if our pacers bowl well and in right areas, our spinners bowling tight and with a bit of luck, we may just get our first test win in england.
Old May 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I have to give all our dear new BC member bhais a tutorial/introduction/background lumination on our dear beloved Kalpurush da (Obayed bhai)!

Dear bhais and apas,

first let me introduce to you all the Kalpurush - aka Obayed bhai of Banglacricket.
Do you know who this Kalpurush bhai is?
This Kalpurush bhai is the symbol of, the true meaning of the word 'Courtesy'! He is the MOST courteous human being I know on this planet, including all my families and everybody in the world. This man symbolizes everything that is good and peaceful. This man shows the ultimate respect to all human beings regardless of age, sex or national origin or anything else. Obayed bhai showed us (unintentionally, without enforcing it upon us, without ever uttering a word) how to be just kind and nice in life. And we are still learning. He is the politest person alive in this millenium.

There are few fine diferences between him openning a thread like this and someone else doing it. You have to see the fun, modest undertone he projects in the first post. He is not challenging our intelligence here and asking us to believe something that is very questionable, he knows, he knows that we know, but he simply wish to project a positive dignified hopeful massege in this thread. We all probably know the most likely outcome of this English tour, but Obayed bahi gives us something fun to talk about, there is no embarrassment(spell!) in here, I don't see. This thread's deep inner meaning is, we will always go, we will always play and we will Inshallah make the game hard for England, any way we can!

I thank our Obayed bhai for this most hopeful, very dreamy but positive hoping thread at a time when we are so down with blood in the mouth, when we have nothing but misary, sadness and loss around us. Yes, Inshallah, I too, hope and pray that we will beat England on England this tour with any squad we get!

Kalpurush bhai tells us, we are the people of delta. We hang on no matter what and we prevail. We get wiped out every year, but we regain our spirit every year over and over again. We must take our energy form this same idea, from our strong ever fighting coastal people.

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM..
Old May 19, 2010, 05:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

With humbleness lies great success and allah rewards the patient. May allah reward us for our patience in all aspects of our lives. Ameen

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old May 19, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
With humbleness lies great success and allah rewards the patient. May allah reward us for our patience in all aspects of our lives. Ameen

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Ameen!
Old May 19, 2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I have to give all our dear new BC member bhais a tutorial on our dear beloved Kalpurush da (Obayed bhai)!

Dear bhais and apas,

first let me introduce to you all the Kalpurush - aka Obayed bhai of Banglacricket.
Do you know who Kalpurush bhai is?
Kalpurush bhai is the symbol of, the true meaning of the word courtesy! He is the MOST courtious human being I knwo on this earth, including all my families and everybody in the world. This man symbolizes everything that is good and peaceful. This man shows the ultimate respect to all human beings regardless of age, sex or national origin or anything else. Obabyed bhai showed us (unintentionally, without enforcing it upon us, without ever uttering a word) how to be just kind and nice in life. And we are still learning. He is the politest person alive this millinium.

There are few fine diferences between him openning a thread like this and someone else doing it. You have to see the fun, modest undertone he projects in the first post. He is not challenging our intelligence here and askingus to believe something that is very questionable, he knows, he knows that we know, but he simply wish to rpoject a positive dignified hopeful massage in this thread. We all probably know the most likely outcome of theis English tour, but Obayed bahi gives us something fun to talk about, there is no embarrassment(spell!) here, I don't see. This thread's deep inner meaning is, we will always go, we always play and we will Inshallah make the game hard for England, any way we can!

I thank our Obabyed bhai for this most hopeful, very dreamy but positive hoping thread at a time when we are so down with blood in the mouth. Yes, Inshallah, I too, hope and pray that we will beat England on England this tour with any squad we get!

Kalpurush bhai tells us, we are the people of delta. We hang on no matter what and we prevail. We get wiped out every year, but we regain our spirit every year over and over again. We must take our energy form there form our coastal people.
Much thanks Javed for your kind words. It is you (and many others) who are the of BanglaCricket. I am just a student of you.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Good umpiring or not we should be realistic - while winning should be in mind while the players play but a draw would be great.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

don't you mean first big thrashing of the year! We are not doing well with the bat over there and our bowling line looks quite terrible with only one name missing (shakib ofcorse). So yea...