facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2016, 11:40 AM
Banned

Default World T20 Format- Qualifying and Main Rounds

The qualifying round has been a disaster to me. If Bangladesh didn't beat Nederlands by a certain margin we could have easily been knocked out. It seems like we will qualify with better NRR now, but can you imagine how the situation would have been if one team was knocked out just based on NRR. In my opionion the top ten ICC team based on ranking should automatically qualify. The qualifying rounds should have 6 associates competing with each other to make it to the main rounds. Two team should qualify from the qualifying rounds, this seems really fair as the strongest team would go through. What do you guys think about the format of qualifying and main rounds?

Last edited by MohammedShamim; March 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM..
Old March 12, 2016, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Top 10 based on odi ranking should be automatically into the main 10.
Another two spots should be made available for associates to qualify for.

Seriously, they need to least have 12team for the world T20I.
Old March 12, 2016, 01:10 PM
Banned

They should have qualifying group consisting of 6 teams! and the top two enter the main round.

Main round should have two groups with each having 6 teams each. I don't see how hard this can be?
Old March 12, 2016, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I actually think, it should be top 6 teams qualifying directly and then 4 +6 teams play a qualifier with 2 groups of 5 team each and 2 from each group will qualify and that to me is much more fairer because that means that in 4 matches you can lose 1 match and still qualify. The associates also gets more oppurtunities
Old March 12, 2016, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

What about having a god damn 16 team tournament. We already cut short the ODI WC. Let the associates play against big teams in the world T20 at least
Old March 12, 2016, 04:39 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
What about having a god damn 16 team tournament. We already cut short the ODI WC. Let the associates play against big teams in the world T20 at least
what format would you put if 16 teams play?, 2 groups of 8 means tournament will be too long, 4 groups of 4..hmm when did the last time we had a format like this..hmm which team got out of the tournament because of this?..hmm
Old March 12, 2016, 04:56 PM
Test Cricketer

16teams -14teams is asking bit too much. Not enough quality teams to even make 14or16. At best 12teams with 10test playing nations and or side that ranked outside top 10 ODI ranks should be into a qualification round of 6teams. And two teams get into the the remaining two spots.
Two spots chances given out to associates will least be better than nothing. Hence the fight for qualifying round will be hard fought, they all would want to qualify and earn the rich reward from a a global tournament.
Old March 12, 2016, 05:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Why cant we just have a 15 team tournament, 3 groups of 5, top two make it to the super 6 stage.

Just why cant this happen. India play a tonne of games, Associates get to play the big teams, campaigns dont hinge on one wash-out etc etc.

Just why, why cant this happen.
Old March 12, 2016, 05:18 PM
Banned

ICC lacks creativity! I see lack of enthusiasm in growing the game and establishing more cricketing nations.
Old March 12, 2016, 05:23 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Why cant we just have a 15 team tournament, 3 groups of 5, top two make it to the super 6 stage.

Just why cant this happen. India play a tonne of games, Associates get to play the big teams, campaigns dont hinge on one wash-out etc etc.

Just why, why cant this happen.
3 groups of 5 means 30 group matches, then super 6 means 15 more matches..as I said it'll be too long..best is to go 4 groups of 4 then qf semi and final, but India will never get back to that format
Old March 12, 2016, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

We can wish all we want but, over icc's dead body will there ever be another tournement of 14-16 teams. Best you can pray for is 12 (2 slots available for the best two associate sides).

No point wishing for more teams, cricket lacks the finance like most other major sports. Money sadly talks. But but, there is always hope as long as associate teams keep performing well given whatever chances they have. I can see one of the associate team taking over Zimbos very soon.
Old March 13, 2016, 11:45 AM

These speculations will never materialize when one country is producing majority of revenue. It is a chicken and egg problem. Somehow other team than India should have taken that step to globalize cricket to keep India's influence down. At least now they should try it out.