facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2010, 04:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default imrul kayes, mahmudullah and ashraful should be out of the team in all formats

imrul kayes - i do not think he has what it takes. he scores runs in ODI matches but he wastes too many balls. nowadays, you can not afford to waste that many balls in the middle. i think imrul kayes should be replaced by nazimuddin.

ashraful - this guy is finished i think. he should retire and let raqibul hasan take his position.

mahmudullah - he is not a team player i think. he wasted 81 balls to score 42 runs when the target was 348. his bowling is not that useful too. maybe he can get a spot in test (although i am against it) but certainly not in ODI or twenty20 format. mahmudullah should be replaced by naeem islam or some other rookie.

it is just my opinion after examining this team for the last few months.
Old July 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Imrul is ok. He probably would have played longer had he played his way today. And 30 balls he would have wasted is the 30 balls we did not use at the end of the innings.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 12, 2010, 05:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

i would rather not play 30 balls than wasting 30 balls in a painful manner.

i think bangladesh has better openers than imrul kayes. nazimuddin and shahriar nafees are way better i think.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Imrul is the top scorer in Odis for BD,he is 7th in 2010 top scorer list
no way we can drop him,with more experience he will improve his SR.
I agree with u abt Ash,I am almost sure there won't be any Eid innings from him,he might get some rare 50s but don't expect any 80+ innings from him.
And,Ryad is a selfish plyr or it's like he is taking his place for granted,not showing engh commitment.
I think he is a good talent/
But we should hv some1 to compete with him,may be Naeem.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Imrul is the top scorer in Odis for BD,he is 7th in 2010 top scorer list
no way we can drop him,with more experience he will improve his SR.
I agree with u abt Ash,I am almost sure there won't be any Eid innings from him,he might get some rare 50s but don't expect any 80+ innings from him.
And,Ryad is a selfish plyr or it's like he is taking his place for granted,not showing engh commitment.
I think he is a good talent/
But we should hv some1 to compete with him,may be Naeem.
my problem with imrul kayes is, he can not play good in test cricket. he wants to waste balls, he can do that in test.

nowadays, you can not expect to win (with the ordinary bowlers we have) consistently unless you put up 275+ in most of the innings. with imrul kayes playing like that, i do not see bangladesh scoring more than 260 on a regular basis. nazimuddin will probably be a good replacement.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

imrul will do for now, as we have no better replacement. plus i beleive he is doing a good job right now
but i agree that unless he improves more and more especialy his strike rate, and his handling against short pitch bowling, then he is not the future of bd cricket. someone will replace him in the next couple of years

i see a more brighter future for junaid though.

with ash, i dont care. he only came into the team to replace rokibil/mushy. when them two are fit he will be out.

riyad will be fine. we cannot afford to kick a player of his class out the team. he bats too way down the order imo, should come in 3 or 4 down. but definately should come higher than shakib.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahat90
imrul will do for now, as we have no better replacement. plus i beleive he is doing a good job right now
but i agree that unless he improves more and more especialy his strike rate, and his handling against short pitch bowling, then he is not the future of bd cricket. someone will replace him in the next couple of years

i see a more brighter future for junaid though.

with ash, i dont care. he only came into the team to replace rokibil/mushy. when them two are fit he will be out.

riyad will be fine. we cannot afford to kick a player of his class out the team. he bats too way down the order imo, should come in 3 or 4 down. but definately should come higher than shakib.
1. i think you forgot nazimuddin and shahriar nafees, any of them can be a replacement for imrul kayes.

2. riyad has class? i think he is the bangladeshi version of misbah ul haq. if riyad comes in no. 3 and imrul is also on the crease, can you imagine what is going to happen? the biggest problem with riyad is, he does not play according to the situation.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Kayes is the top scorer in ODI this year and you want to drop him ?

Asrafool : Shafiul / shahadat are better batsmen than him .

Our opener and top order is ok , we just need to Shakib bat at number 6/7 , then Alok c
kapali to remplace mahmudu

Old July 12, 2010, 06:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
1. i think you forgot nazimuddin and shahriar nafees, any of them can be a replacement for imrul kayes.

2. riyad has class? i think he is the bangladeshi version of misbah ul haq. if riyad comes in no. 3 and imrul is also on the crease, can you imagine what is going to happen? the biggest problem with riyad is, he does not play according to the situation.
with #1 i completely disagree. shariar nafees? the one who cant handle abit of swing let alone 90 mph bowling? nazimudin? the formula for a batting collapse? i dont mind nazimudin coming into the team, BUT his role must be a pinch hitter or batting PP enforcer, slogger at the end of the overs, watever the hell u wanna call it. we need some one like that.

with #2 ive said it once before and i'll say it again. MAHMUDULLAH RIYAD IS NOTT A 'PINCH HITTER'
he is a middle order batsman through and through. weve alredy ruined naeem by trying him to play that role. riyad needs to come in earlier, say at #5
let him be selfish there, he can add stability to others who can hit out.

plus, weve seen what riyad can do once hes set. hes one of those batsman who can hit out once hes set, not just come out and mindlessly slog. i dont blame him for his over selfish innings, its the team managements fault. plus, whenever he comes out to bat, he is like the last recognised batsman. if he gets out the tail is exposed.

its like playing andres iniesta in a holding midfield role, and the blaming him for playin crap!
Old July 12, 2010, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Ryad must come before shakib

Old July 12, 2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

imrul is doing more than fine, he is getting us runs--doesnt matter how.and he is scoring consistently. his average is also good and he doesnt throw his wkt away. he is here to stay until we find another tamim. if imrul plays his game and other player do some contribution we will be a good team

ash---finished
riad--- in test match, he is excellent, In ODI--may be alok will replace him with good form

mushfiq should be out of ODI and 20/20 team
Old July 12, 2010, 06:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
imrul is doing more than fine, he is getting us runs--doesnt matter how.and he is scoring consistently. his average is also good and he doesnt throw his wkt away. he is here to stay until we find another tamim. if imrul plays his game and other player do some contribution we will be a good team

ash---finished
riad--- in test match, he is excellent, In ODI--may be alok will replace him with good form

mushfiq should be out of ODI and 20/20 team
mushfiq should be out of the ODI team? are you kidding me?

i think you did not see the first ODI where mushfiq hit 2 sixes against anderson's bowling.

imrul and riyad are doing the same thing - which is boosting their averages. one of the reasons imrul has the highest runs is because of the fact he opens and he gets to face a lot of balls.

why not replace mahmudullah with aftab ahmed? aftab can be a good slogger during the batting powerplay. i think aftab should be played as a lower middle order instead of mahmudullah.
Old July 12, 2010, 06:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahat90
with #1 i completely disagree. shariar nafees? the one who cant handle abit of swing let alone 90 mph bowling? nazimudin? the formula for a batting collapse? i dont mind nazimudin coming into the team, BUT his role must be a pinch hitter or batting PP enforcer, slogger at the end of the overs, watever the hell u wanna call it. we need some one like that.

with #2 ive said it once before and i'll say it again. MAHMUDULLAH RIYAD IS NOTT A 'PINCH HITTER'
he is a middle order batsman through and through. weve alredy ruined naeem by trying him to play that role. riyad needs to come in earlier, say at #5
let him be selfish there, he can add stability to others who can hit out.

plus, weve seen what riyad can do once hes set. hes one of those batsman who can hit out once hes set, not just come out and mindlessly slog. i dont blame him for his over selfish innings, its the team managements fault. plus, whenever he comes out to bat, he is like the last recognised batsman. if he gets out the tail is exposed.

its like playing andres iniesta in a holding midfield role, and the blaming him for playin crap!

1. maybe shahriar nafees has a problem facing fast bowlers, how about imrul kayes? imrul failed miserably against shaun tait during the world twenty20 and also had very little clue against pakistani fast bowlers. both imrul and nafees have the same problem in my opinion, but i rate nafees higher.

although i rate nazimuddin higher than both nafees and imrul. nazimuddin is a natural hitter in my opinion, he can be the next tamim iqbal if he can be developed in a proper manner.

the problem is, there is no space for mahmudullah between no. 1 to no. 5:

tamim iqbal (fixed)
imrul kayes (fixed)
junaid siddique (fixed)
jahurul islam (doing good, somewhat fixed)
raqibul hasan

only place where mahmudullah can bat is at no. 7 or no. 8.

maybe mahmudullah can bat at no. 9, let shafiul and mashrafe come before him. i am not joking, i am being realistic.
Old July 12, 2010, 06:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Kayes is the top scorer in ODI this year and you want to drop him ?

Asrafool : Shafiul / shahadat are better batsmen than him .

Our opener and top order is ok , we just need to Shakib bat at number 6/7 , then Alok c
kapali to remplace mahmudu

imrul top scored but he never had a single match winning knock. i believe he is yet to win a man of the match award and there is a reason behind that.
Old July 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

God, some of you don't get it, do you? Imrul has become a revelation of late, with consistent good scores. Sure he scores a tad slow, but with the fragile BD lineup, Imrul's cautiousness is vital. If It wasn't for him laying anchor and rebuilding the innings in the 2nd ODI, we would have lost the match. Plus, as someone mentioned earlier, the more he plays, the more his SR will increase. Just because you don't like the way a a player plays doesn't mean you should drop him. The man might not look pretty doing it, but he scores runs. You don't drop one of your best run scorers. Period.
Old July 12, 2010, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Its funny that you want Imrul out of the team despite him being the top scorer for us this year..I don't care if he hasn't won matches or has a low SR..he's a good support player that we need..he's also played only 19 ODIs so give him time and he'll improve his SR..remember he started playing FC cricket in 2007 which is much later then all of the other players..also its funny how you want SN instead of Kayes..Imrul has an average of a 32.05 against top 8 teams with a SR of a 65 while SN has an average of a 16 with a SR of a 60 also SN has only two 50's against test teams in ODIs while Imrul has a century and 4 half centuries..also whats the guarantee Nazim will be better then Imrul? I like Nazim but he got opportunities and struggled big time..

I agree with you about Ash though..of course he shouldn't retire but Roqibul's more consistent then Ash and its time Ash gives up his spot in the national team..

Mahmudullah isn't playing well but team management is to be blamed..he's a #5/6 batsman and should come in before Shakib..he's not a finisher but a middle order batsman..he needs time to settle at the crease and once he's settled he can accelerate as we saw against India and Sri Lanka..I think if he bats at #5/6 we will see a better Mahmudullah..if he continues to fail there then we can always bring Naeem instead of him..
Old July 12, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
God, some of you don't get it, do you? Imrul has become a revelation of late, with consistent good scores. Sure he scores a tad slow, but with the fragile BD lineup, Imrul's cautiousness is vital. If It wasn't for him laying anchor and rebuilding the innings in the 2nd ODI, we would have lost the match. Plus, as someone mentioned earlier, the more he plays, the more his SR will increase. Just because you don't like the way a a player plays doesn't mean you should drop him. The man might not look pretty doing it, but he scores runs. You don't drop one of your best run scorers. Period.
well said Rommel bhai
Old July 12, 2010, 07:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Ya right SN and Nazimuddin. Why don't we get just a caveman instead.
Old July 12, 2010, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Shahriar Nafees and Nazimuddin are one good Domestic NCL season away from national team call up. they are not done yet!
Old July 12, 2010, 08:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Man, what did Imrul do now?
Is he the new pick for some of us to go after just because the BD line up sucks as a whole?

Come one, look at his recent scores? He is Ok in ODI.
It's not like we have so many talents to choose from..
Old July 12, 2010, 08:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I like Nazim but he got opportunities and struggled big time..

Mahmudullah isn't playing well but team management is to be blamed..he's a #5/6 batsman and should come in before Shakib..he's not a finisher but a middle order batsman..he needs time to settle at the crease and once he's settled he can accelerate as we saw against India and Sri Lanka..I think if he bats at #5/6 we will see a better Mahmudullah..if he continues to fail there then we can always bring Naeem instead of him..
ok i do not have a lot of problem with imrul kayes except for his strike rate, i hope he will score runs at a better strike rate on a regular basis very soon. if he does that, it will be better for the bangladesh team.

regarding mahmudullah's position, there is no space for mahmudullah between no. 1 to no. 6.

tamim (fixed position)
imrul (fixed position)
junaid (fixed position)
raqibul (fixed position)
jahurul (can be good in that position, better than mahmudullah i think)
mushfiq (he can rotate the strike better than mahmudullah)

either mahmudullah becomes a bench player and plays at the top 6 only if someone gets injured, or he can bat at no. 7 or no. 8. i say let him play at no. 9 (in that case shakib can be no. 7 and mashrafe can be no. 8).
Old July 12, 2010, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
ok i do not have a lot of problem with imrul kayes except for his strike rate, i hope he will score runs at a better strike rate on a regular basis very soon. if he does that, it will be better for the bangladesh team.

regarding mahmudullah's position, there is no space for mahmudullah between no. 1 to no. 6.

tamim (fixed position)
imrul (fixed position)
junaid (fixed position)
raqibul (fixed position)
jahurul (can be good in that position, better than mahmudullah i think)
mushfiq (he can rotate the strike better than mahmudullah)

either mahmudullah becomes a bench player and plays at the top 6 only if someone gets injured, or he can bat at no. 7 or no. 8. i say let him play at no. 9 (in that case shakib can be no. 7 and mashrafe can be no. 8).
Bat at #9? Then why play him? Haha..are you saying then we should drop a bowler so Mahmudullah could be at #9? Bad idea bro..I like Jahurul Islam but hes been a top order batsman all his life..actually hes been an opener for the most part..since he's been in the national team though he's batted at #4..it looks as though it will be tough to get that spot since Roqibul has just scored a big 1 and has proved himself at that spot..Jahurul has done well but hasn't scored big yet..these 4 games are really crucial for him if he wants to have Roqibul's spot..I dont know if he should play #5/6 since he's a top order player..I would actually have Mushy at #5 because of the way he has batted..hes been hitting big shots lately and also can score big at #5 since he can have time to settle in..#6 is where there is a dilemma..Mahmudullah has been in slump lately so it might not be a bad idea to give the spot to Naeem..Naeem seems the better hitter and also he's been the better bowler so we could slot Naeem in there instead of Mahmudullah but for now lets keep Mahmudullah at #6..I agree with you that having Shakib should bat at #7 and Mash at #8..they could be very quality finishers at the end of our innings..
Old July 12, 2010, 11:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim,Mashrafe,Sachin

I would like to differ here a bit regarding the batting order!!
1. Imrul- it has been a tradition like in the opening pair of bd history..a ball waster and comparatively an attacking batsman batting together...for example : BE: Javed omar,nafis iqbal, hannan and now imrul and on the other side there was Atahar, Biddut,opi, Tamim. Thereofre trandition continues
2. When Zunid is doing decent enough in the one down position, let him be there for a while. But as many of u pointed out here, Riad iz not a slogger, why not bring him ryt after Zunaid. He can get enough time there and attack later in his inning. Now you may ask what about rakibull and jaharul. I would say jaharul comes next given his agre instinct and then Rakibull again to consolidate or vice versa and that would be followed by moyna/mushfiq.
Old July 13, 2010, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Imrul is getting runs for gods sake - you want him out? Without him it would've been another 3-0 whitewash for England.

Tamim, Junaid, Jahurul are all agressive players who can compliment well with Imrul. The problem is Jokers like Riyadh playing defensive cricket at the fag end of the innings.
Old July 13, 2010, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

And I agree, Imrul should come more down the order, let Jahurul open with Tamim, that gives the added advantage of LH,RH combination. Plus he will take full advantage of the powerplays with Tamim. Then let Imrul come at No.3 , consolidate the innings, followed by some lusty blows by Junaid and Shakib.