facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2010, 06:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default According to you who is(are) the overrated player(s)!

In this thread let's identify & discuss about the players(both current & former) who are overrated.

-I think Razzaq is overrated,he used to be good with his old action,we thought he might be the most reliable spinner after the retirement of Rafique but now a days he disappoints me a lot .
-Mushy as a WK is overrated,sometimes I here some commentators praising Mushy behind the stumps just because he keeps chirping but we know his technique sucks.
-I also think Tamim is overrated only when I hear some commis or some members of this forum saying he deserves an IPL contract,although he hasn't played any significant innings in T20s Intrntnls.
-All Iclers are overrated.(SN,ALok,Aftab,Nazim)
-Ashdafool is underrated.
No seriously,it kills me everytime Ash comes to the crease the commis say,he is such a talent,his avrge shows he is an underachiever,he plays like Tendu Blah blah bah.

pls,continue.

Old July 21, 2010, 07:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

riad is overrated for ODI matches. he is supposed to be a finisher, he is not doing a good job. his bowling is not very decent in ODI games either.
Old July 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

overated? well if we gona talk about overated we need to talk about underated aswel
naeem islam. overated as a power hitter, underated as a solid middle order (#4- 6 in lineup) batsman. Same goes for riyad
jahurul islam is underated. yes he has not got any 50s yet, and some people want him out when rokibul comes back. But i see a very bright future of jahurul, he is capable of building partnerships and he is capable of playing very nice strokes (unlike imrul). he just needs to get one 50 under the belt and then he has the potential of being bd's most reliable batsman in test and odi.
shuvo as a test bowler. he hasnt really looked the part in odi, but i think his bowling suits test. lets put it this way, who wuld u prefer in test razzaq or shuvo?
shafiul. he might be expensive but he bowls a nice line and tempts the batsman into mistakes, he is wicket taker that bd need to preserve with.
shariah nafees is underated also. its just a great shame that he cannot play swing and pace. if all bowling attacks consisted of zimbabwean pacers, then SN would be the best bd batsman. In that regards he is underated but not against G8 bowling attacks.
Old July 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Most overrated cricketer to ever play is Alok Kapali. I think he is one of the worse cricketers ever. He's considered an allrounder but not even close. Batting average of just over 20. Not good. Actually just bad. He has nothing. I don't see why people say he's good. I've seen him play one good innings. It was against India during the last Asia Cup and thats about it.
Old July 21, 2010, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

SN.
Old July 21, 2010, 08:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Whole Bangladesh Team.
Old July 21, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I think I would also put SN at the top of my list.
Old July 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think Rubel is an over rated player, he has potentials to become a world class seamer but still has loads of improvement to undergo.
I dont think anyone else is over-rated, but they are just given a role that they are not supposed to do. You ask a regular top order batsman to turn into a bowling all rounder and bat at no.8[Naeem Islam, Foisal Hossain], then you put batsmen who need time to get going in at no.6, 7 where you should have big hitters[Mushy, riyad]
Old July 21, 2010, 09:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Current: none. They are all judged accordingly. Imrul is slightly over-rated just because of his dumb avg.
All time: Shahriar Nafees
Old July 21, 2010, 09:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Even i think shahriar nafees is pretty over rated. And may be Alok Kapali whose name I have been hearing in here since the time he scored 100 in that twenty20 game. Come on, bring him back and put him with the rest of this team, he will turn into one of them.
Old July 21, 2010, 09:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
-All Iclers are overrated.(SN,ALok,Aftab,Nazim)
.[/I]
I agreed with most of your points but can't really agree about Nazimuddin. I mean how many chances did he get to prove himself? Only about 2-3 matches if I recall correctly. He has been consistently performing really well in the local leagues and has played consistenly well against the visiting strong WI and SA A-teams and has been one of the standout performers, has shown he is capable of doing well against International sides when he did well against Pakistan in a warm-up game.

Dont put him in the same bunch with SN, Alok and Aftab who were given alot of opportunities but simply failed to perform while Nazimuddin wasnt even given proper oppurtunities despite perforing consistently in the local tournaments while the likes of Alok and Aftab cant even do well in the local arena and Alok even ignored the selectors' calls to play for the A-Team to prove himself. And Sharier Nafees is the most overrated player in our cricketing history

Nazimuddin isnt overrated, if anything, he is underrated

Last edited by dark mage; July 22, 2010 at 05:23 AM..
Old July 22, 2010, 05:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Overrated- Shakibul hasan, Rubel Ahmed, Roqibul...
Underrated- Md. Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Nafees Iqbal(he was supposed to be our skipper imao), Enamul Haq jn...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 22, 2010, 05:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Shariar Nafees
Old July 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Overrated- Shakibul hasan, Rubel Ahmed, Roqibul...
Underrated- Md. Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Nafees Iqbal(he was supposed to be our skipper imao), Enamul Haq jn...

lol Were you trying to be sarcastic or were you serious about your statement ?

Last edited by dark mage; July 22, 2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old July 22, 2010, 07:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Razzaq, Riyad and Mash
Old July 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

the whole bd team.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Overrated

Mohammad Ashraful- He is probably the most overrated player in the cricket world..I admit I used to praise this guy a lot since he brought us wins but a batsman that averages 22/23 should not be praised at all..yet people still say that Ashraful has been the best batsman for BD when he has similar stats to Javed Omar who is looked down upon..not only that but bout 40% of the time he scores single digits..also when he walks to the crease the commentators praise him like anything and then the stats go up and you see a career average of a 23..

Aftab Ahmed- Another player is Aftab Ahmed..so many people love this guy and keep on wanting to give him chances, and say he's such a sweet timer of the ball and then you see he has only 1 FC century and no List A century..most importantly he's played only 2 match winning innings for us..if he's such a sweet timer then why do we see some the balls he hit land straight in to the fielder's hands? Also I can't forget that T20 between NZ where he was 1 from 9 balls with 7-8 missed swings at 1 point..only in BD where we praise a pura faltu player like Aftab..

Alok Kapali- Many people cry for this guy getting a chance and then you look at his career stats and his average is below a 20 with the bat in tests and ODIs..also the last time he played for us he averaged a 20 in 10 games which proves he's a player that will just average in the late teen and early 20's..he has not played a match winning innings as of yet as well..his SR is also in the late 60's so he doesn't even have a high SR to back himself up..

Shahriar Nafees- Many people praise this guy so much and yet you see how poor of a player against test playing nations..an average of a 16 is hardly praiseworthy..also the way he talks so big and thinks he is hot stuff but he cannot even play a moving ball..Imrul's a way better player then guy and hope SN never comes back to the team..
Old July 22, 2010, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

The tripple AAAs got this one completely covered

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 22, 2010, 02:39 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Whole Bangladesh Team.
Exactly.

Old July 22, 2010, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

aftab ahmed is so over rated. you give him a chance and he will try his best to blow it up. in my opiion i will say sakib is little over rated aswell, i know that everyone going to have a way different idea about my opinion

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old July 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Shahrear Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Mosharraf hossain Rubel
Enamul Haque Jr
The other Jr from Wills Little Flowers - Mehrab Mehrab
Farhad Reza
Dolar Mahmud
Nafees Iqbal Khan
Nazimuddin
Tariq Aziz
Delwar Hossain
Old July 23, 2010, 01:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
lol Were you trying to be sarcastic or were you serious about your statement ?
what do u think?

Old July 23, 2010, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
riad is overrated for ODI matches. he is supposed to be a finisher, he is not doing a good job. his bowling is not very decent in ODI games either.
riyad is not supposed to be a finisher,he's a middle order batsman.murgir dimer upor ekta biralke boshay diye "ur supposed to be a murgi" bollei toh ar o murgi hoye gelo na!

on topic:i think that rubel is overrated,he lacks the consistency and discipline in his bowling
Old July 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I agreed with most of your points but can't really agree about Nazimuddin. I mean how many chances did he get to prove himself? Only about 2-3 matches if I recall correctly. He has been consistently performing really well in the local leagues and has played consistenly well against the visiting strong WI and SA A-teams and has been one of the standout performers, has shown he is capable of doing well against International sides when he did well against Pakistan in a warm-up game.

Dont put him in the same bunch with SN, Alok and Aftab who were given alot of opportunities but simply failed to perform while Nazimuddin wasnt even given proper oppurtunities despite perforing consistently in the local tournaments while the likes of Alok and Aftab cant even do well in the local arena and Alok even ignored the selectors' calls to play for the A-Team to prove himself. And Sharier Nafees is the most overrated player in our cricketing history

Nazimuddin isnt overrated, if anything, he is underrated
I'm going to have to agree with you bro..he's played 7 ODIs actually and besides 1 innings he was horrible..we can't write him off yet because he needs more chances to prove himself..you guys might have forgotten but when Imrul 1st came in he was as bad or worse then Nazim..then Imrul went back to domestics and worked really hard to work on his game and has improved a lot..ya he's still not that great but he was much worse before..Nazim got massively exposed when he 1st came and the worst part was that the pitches he played on in both Pakistan and Bangladesh for the most part were flat tracks and he still struggled mightily to score his runs..we can't put him in the same group as Aftab and Alok just because he's an ICLer..he's done really well in domestics and also in the A team he dominated..we could maybe give him a chance in the NZ series..putting him as a finisher may not be a bad idea since he has the ability to hit big..honestly I see it will be very tough for him to bat in the top 4 since those spots are pretty much covered..
Old July 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
on topic:i think that rubel is overrated,he lacks the consistency and discipline in his bowling
which BD bowler does not lack consistency and discipline in his bowling ???