facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 22, 2010, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Ridiculous Siddons slams reporters!

Mashrafe concerned
The Daily Star, July 23, 2010

WE DID WIN ON TOUR, YOU KNOW: Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons (L) explains to reporters as captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza looks on after their arrival at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport yesterday. PHOTO: ANISUR RAHMAN

It was a case of the glass half-empty or half-full.

The Bangladesh cricket team think-tank had different views of the 7-match tour of the United Kingdom.

Upon their return from London yesterday, Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza told reporters that he believed the players should take responsibility for the shocking defeats against associate nations Ireland and the Netherlands. But coach Jamie Siddons reminded everyone of the good things the Tigers did on the tour -- beating England for the first time.

"There were some issues like losing the toss in both the matches and the condition but still I believe the players should take the responsibility for the defeats. We didn't play well and that's why we lost the matches," confessed Mashrafe while talking to reporters during the on-arrival press conference at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport yesterday.

"I am very much aware of the fact that everybody shared the joy when we won the match but players are only responsible when we lose," the pace spearhead added with a furtive smile.

While the Bangladesh captain had mixed reactions, Siddons was a very happy man with the outcome of the trip.

The Australian coach wanted to highlight his team's great victory against England rather than focusing on the defeats against the two ICC associate member countries, although Mashrafe had concerns with the bowling effort.

"What are you talking about? How is that easy? You got to listen to the whole story. The ground was under covers for five days and was under water four days earlier. Had we won the toss we would have had a chance. The pitch was damp, we missed two catches and bowling was poor so we lost the game. Don't be dramatic over that loss; it was a 30-overs game not a 50-overs game. Why don't you remember the win against England? It was a fantastic win," Siddons responded.

"We remember the win against Australia ten years later but we forgot the win against England two days later. That's not really fair.

"These boys played fantastically on the tour, we lost the 30-overs game against the Netherlands where the pitch was underwater four days before the game," he added.

"You weren't there, you don't understand what the wicket was like, what the condition was like. How much rush we were to travel, we didn't get time to practice. There were real excuses; I think the team performed reasonably well and shouldn't have lost that game yesterday, but we did and we got to move on," he said while defending his team's poor showing.

Pointing to the bright sight of his team, Siddons said: "I am pretty positive about it. I think it went quite well. Batting was really consistent; I think five out of six or four out of five games we were around the 250 or 240-mark. We didn't bat very well in one game against England."

The Tigers' coach was very confident that his team can beat both Ireland and the Netherlands in the 2011 World Cup group matches.

Like his coach, Mashrafe also blamed the condition and luck for the disaster against Ireland and the Netherlands but the 'Narail Express' said that they have to correct few things quickly before the World Cup.

"It's true that conditions and toss were factors but we still must have won those two matches. We must have won the series against Ireland against whom we secured a 3-0 victory at home (in 2006). We will get some time before the World Cup and we must rectify the mistakes we made in the last series.

"I'm really concerned with our bowling. We should focus on this area ahead of the World Cup. I believe this team has got the quality to play much better cricket than the performance had against the two weak teams," said Mashrafe.

Shakib Al Hasan didn't accompany the team due to his county commitment while Mohammad Ashraful has also stayed back in England.

Last edited by Razi; July 22, 2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old July 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I just can't stand this anymore, such [..] like him don't deserve to be a head coach of a national team, period.

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 22, 2010 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: mod.warning: Watch your language
Old July 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Holy Sh*t!!
i wonder why Reporters didn't spit on this taklu!!

Destroyer of Bangladesh cricket. Should be sacked immediately.
Old July 22, 2010, 01:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

So Chindon did not blame his players. WTH I thought he used to tell they are rubbish.

BTW we won 3-0 in 2008 not 2006.

Only thing I can say. When we loose like we did what ever Chindon said would have sound disgusting to us. Best thing to do is wait till WC2011 and then get rid of him.
Old July 22, 2010, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

The Real problem is:

Siddons has Lower Standards, and thus lower expectations. of course he will be happy with the result!

We have REAL expectations, REAL standards, of course no matter how you look at it, a loss is a loss!
we will always be dissapointed losing to associates no matter what!

250-240? you gota be kidding me? we should move on not be satisfied UNTIL 280-290+ is the new norm!
Old July 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I am really surprised that he didnt go back to Aus for couple of months before coming back before the Kiwi series.

I wonder what he says to his friends and family, when they ask.. 'so Jammie.. tough, aye?'....
He prob replies back... 'Ya bunch of no good monkies'
Old July 22, 2010, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
The Australian coach wanted to highlight his team's great victory against England rather than focusing on the defeats against the two ICC associate member countries...
And all you anti-JS fools think JS is negative. This guy is positive as HELL.

On a series note: How can he even say those things. Things that are bold. Again we see many different excuses from him, and pointing fingers bowlers, this and that. And he leads the batsmen to a safe way out.

30 overs, wet field, toss, ary goru chur, we are a test playing nation, and playing against a unranked team, those shouldn't EVEN matter! And this kinds of excuses will send a bad message to our players! Omg this guy gotta go!

Last edited by Dilscoop; July 22, 2010 at 02:23 PM..
Old July 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This just shows how high his satisfaction level is when we post decent totals..and he's blaming how bad the pitch was? Then why did Holland bat so well? And look at his attitude to..he's telling us we should be happy with the win against England and not care about the Holland loss..of course people are gonna get mad when we lose to 2 teams that we're supposed to beat..The coach should be ripping apart those performances..
Old July 22, 2010, 02:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And all you anti-JS fools think JS is negative. This guy is positive as HELL.
Dilscoop aren't you one of the anti-siddons
Old July 22, 2010, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Dilscoop aren't you one of the anti-siddons
sarcasm?
Old July 22, 2010, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If this does not open Pro siddons eyes, Idk what will. Now I don't even care about how much he improved our batting. All that time I said I wont mind if he stays as a batting coach. Eff that, he should leave right now! I dont care if it's only 8 months away from WC. Screw WC. We aren't gonna win that.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

off topic: While we cant get a high profile fast Bowling coach. An ordinary FC side in Zimbabwe hires Jason Gillespie as a head coach.

Gillespie to coach MidWest Rhinos
Old July 22, 2010, 02:36 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

JS er fasi chbai...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 22, 2010, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
off topic: While we cant get a high profile fast Bowling coach. An ordinary FC side in Zimbabwe hires Jason Gillespie as a head coach.

Well done Zims. Great. Now they will beat us up and down, left and right. And who did we hire again?? Exactly we can't even say his name.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:48 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Well done Zims. Great. Now they will beat us up and down, left and right. And who did we hire again?? Exactly we can't even say his name.
lol i'm sure u misunderstood this...

Zimbabwe FC side hired him not Zimbabwe NAT team.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Thats exactly my point. It will benefit the Zim bowlers. Good on them. Only reason I brought this up Zimbabwe Cricket are going in right direction. They had concerned about their FC sides and doing something about it. Where as we cant even get it right for our national side.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Jamie Siddons is not the right coach for Bangladesh. I simply do not think the players (our players) understand what Siddons says or what he wants them to do or what he is saying period.! And by now I think he should realize that, know that and he should discuss these things, speak up. It's a personal opinion based on long observation and study. I could be wrong.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

No I didn't. I know the FC side hired him. If anything that makes us look even bad. And the bowlers from that team will improve a LOT. And they get a chance to play from Zim NAT team, and then they will whoop those JS shona-chandu batsmen. I am sure you never thought of it that way?
Old July 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

That's why I want Mash as captain. Doesn't echo the coach word for word.
Old July 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
That's why I want Mash as captain. Doesn't echo the coach word for word.
And this is why Siddons doesn't want Mashrafe as captain and publicly undermined him on the first day of his captaincy.
Old July 22, 2010, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

I stopped watching games because it was too painful and only followed progress here and in cricinfo. Now I am thinking of not following cricket until this fool is gone.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
And this is why Siddons doesn't want Mashrafe as captain and publicly undermined him on the first day of his captaincy.
Having two spineless captains has given Siddons complete control over the team. In cricket the captain should have a greater say on strategies and public relations. Siddons has become a football style manager for us due to the incompetence of the previous captains. Like I said in another thread, he is the one journalists want to speak to instead of the captain. No other International coach gets as much attention as him - they remain in the background running training sessions. Hopefully Mash will set that right and won't be afraid to challenge Siddons when it comes to setting ideas and strategies for the team to follow. He needs full backing from the BCB to do so however.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Well in PA, Razzak was saying they basically slogged away blindly and got lucky (Holland i.e.)
Old July 22, 2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim,Mashrafe,Sachin

what a shame..bcb still continuing with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

"What are you talking about? How is that easy? You got to listen to the whole story. The ground was under covers for five days and was under water four days earlier. Had we won the toss we would have had a chance. The pitch was damp, we missed two catches and bowling was poor so we lost the game. Don't be dramatic over that loss; it was a 30-overs game not a 50-overs game. Why don't you remember the win against England? It was a fantastic win," Siddons responded.

I agree with Siddons.