facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Not again Azhar

Yet another Azharuddin gaffe, when will he stop.

Quote:
Azaruddin denies 'romantic' relation with badminton player JwalaAni, ANI, 23 July 2010
New Delhi, July 23 (ANI): Former Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin and Congress MP from Moradabad on Friday rubbished all rumours about his romantic relationship with the ace badminton, Jwala Gutta, by describing her as just a "good friend."
As per some media reports, Azharuddin has been dating Jwala and is on the verge of filing for divorce from his wife of 14 years Sangeeta Bijlani within a week.
During a press conference, Azaruddin termed all such reports as baseless and in bad taste.
"These reports are completely rubbish, baseless and are in bad taste. I am very hurt by all these. I know Jwala, she is a good friend of mine and to write such reports which are completely false and fabricated is disgusting," he said.
The former Indian skipper Azaruddin further said that such things are motivated by people in the Badminton Association of India, who want to tarnish his image since he tried to contest for the presidential elections last month.
"I think they should look into their homes first before casting aspersions on others and make such allegations," he said.
"Jwala is a very good player and she is a great prospect for the country. She has been doing well and will win many medals for the country in future. So I just want to request everybody to just leave her alone and not get her into this cheap controversy," Azaruddin said. (ANI)

Old July 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Seems like it was just a rumor. Both side denied it.
Old July 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshifan
Whatever;
Why can't the media come up with those juicy stories on anyone else .... why it's only Azhar .....
sudhu politics kore na, congress MP(member of parliament) from hyderabad.

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 26, 2010 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: mod.quote
Old July 29, 2010, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

There was not a better sight in cricket than Azzu in full flow. Come to think of it, 80's and even early 90's we were blessed to witness some stylish class players plying their trade. It seemed like every team had a few of them, from Azzu to Gower, Vishy, Abbas, Ian Chappel, Martin Crowe, Tendulkar, Lara etc etc..Nowadays, you can count only a handful worldwide - VVS, Bell, Mahela and few others.

Advancement of shorter version and Australification of cricket is to blame.
Old July 29, 2010, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Bell is more of a hardworking batsman than stylish.
Old July 29, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

VVS himself played in a similar style to azhar, who was a treat to watch. but he is from yesterday's generation.
of those who started in 2000's there are very few, amla, yuvraj, sanga, ryder when he is in form but none from aus or eng. umar akmal shows promise but I haven't watched enough to comment. same for barath.
Old July 29, 2010, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

AB de Villiers is one of the most stylish player of 2000s. KP is also exciting too watch.
Old July 29, 2010, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

kp, dilshan are all exciting but not stylish, same for AB. we miss an elegant leftie.
lara v2.0, where are you ?
Old July 29, 2010, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
kp, dilshan are all exciting but not stylish, same for AB. we miss an elegant leftie.
lara v2.0, where are you ?
Tamim, ase na !
Old July 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

bhai amar, tamim is in the shehwag, KP, dilshan category. he is exciting and brutal, elegant he is not.
the perfect example of left handed elegance is lara followed by ganguly, they are all about timing and economy of effort.
Old July 29, 2010, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
bhai amar, tamim is in the shehwag, KP, dilshan category. he is exciting and brutal, elegant he is not.
the perfect example of left handed elegance is lara followed by ganguly, they are all about timing and economy of effort.
eita kita bollen, bhaijan !! IMO, Tamim is the most stylish batsman amongst Shehwag, KP and dilshan. He plays with such authority and elegance just like Ganguly ! Moreover, Tamim has just started his career, whereas Shehwag, Dilshan, KP are in the middle of their career. Give him some time, i promise, he wont disappoint you.

btw...sorry to others for our offtopic discussions.
Old July 30, 2010, 05:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

I thought we were discussing about Azhar's love affair. How could it turn into a Tamim discussion?

Anyway, the girl is also married since 2005, isn't she?
Old July 30, 2010, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

as you wish.

click the link to see the lady with her husband.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...ow/6119295.cms

trivia : the lady is a Chinese-Indian and multiple national champion.
'I am completely shocked'
Rupam Jain, Jul 3, 2010, 12.00am IST

Badminton aces Jwala Gutta and her husband Chetan Anand, clear the air about her alleged ‘link-up’ with former cricketer Mohd Azharuddin

As news about former cricketer Md Azharuddin and shuttler Jwala Gutta’s link-up begins to do the rounds, we get the lady herself and her hubby Chetan Anand to set the record right. “I was shocked,” is how World No. 7 (mixed doubles) Jwala begins the conversation before going on to relate the real story.

“I heard about it from a couple of friends from Mumbai,” she adds. She says after she got over the initial shock, she found the news too trivial which only deserved a good laugh. “I could not help but laugh over it. My initial reaction was ‘what the hell is this’ and then I said to myself, ‘I care a damn’. Azhar and I have known each other for the past eight years. My family knows his entire family. You see, I am an outspoken girl. If I had an affair with anyone, I would not hide it. I have many friends. Does that mean I have affairs with all of them? Azhar and I had a conversation after some newspapers carried our ‘link-up’ rumours. Both of us just laughed,” she avers.

Ask her what this news will do to her relationship with Chetan and she outrightly replies, “These stories are not going to change Azhar and my friendship or affect Chetan and my married life. Everything is fine between us. If Chetan has said he trusts me, what more can I ask for? I don’t have to clear my stand when Chetan believes in me.”

Why did all this news crop up, we ask. “Nobody actually wants to see Azhar in the Badminton Association of India (BAI) and they had to tarnish his image (and obviously mine too in the process) in some way or the other. And since everybody knows I am close friends with Azhar and his family, I was an easy target. I guess that’s the price one pays for being famous. People have talked about his interest in helping me. I mean come on, I am already established. Azhar wanted to join the BAI to do good to a lot of junior players, not for me or money. He does not need money nor do I. All these talks about him gifting me a car is rubbish. I like to lead a good life but I don’t need anyone to gift me a car. I have enough money to maintain a lavish lifestyle. How can anyone just write anything about me without even checking it with me once? I am unhappy about the whole episode, but it’s not going to affect my life in any way.”

Chetan clarifies, “All these are rumours. Jwala and my families, have known Azhar for long. We are more like family friends. And friends do meet up and spend time together, right? Azhar also attended our wedding. His sons come to our practice sessions whenever they are in town. When Azhar was based in the city, he owned a gym and being friends, let us use the gym whenever we needed to. Now, does that mean there could be an affair between Jwala and Azhar?”

Chetan feels bad that a good friendship is being questioned. “We have always been friends with him, then why are things being talked about now and blown out of proportion? It’s only because Azhar was competing for the BAI’s post. I agree Jwala is closer to Azhar than I am, that’s why these rumours started. I completely trust Jwala.”

He also says, “I fail to understand why people talk about all these trivial issues about Azhar gifting Jwala a car. He has done no such thing. At times, we use his car and there are times when he uses ours. What’s the big deal about it? I want to say this loud and clear that Azhar has helped both Jwala and me. He has been a true friend, has always been there whenever we needed him. It’s wrong to question our friendship.”

Follow us on Twitter for more stories
Old July 31, 2010, 12:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Azharuddin at Eden Garden - never seen such commanding artistic batting before.
Old August 2, 2010, 12:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kapil Dev

Tamim is a frontfoot player.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 2, 2010, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Azharuddin at Eden Garden - never seen such commanding artistic batting before.
did you watch his 100 against south africa at edens ?
Old August 2, 2010, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim is not really a stylish player. He is exciting but not stylish. And I wouldn't include Dilshan in that category above. He is a slogger and just terrible to watch. KP is a mixture of both style and gritty aggression.

Among elegant left-handers Lara tops them all. And Sangakkara is the most stylish left-hander these days. We have our very own Big Z, but he has a long way to go before catching up with those names. But yeah Zunaed is our most eye-pleasing batsman. Riyad in full flow (in New Zealand) was great to watch as well. But he is obviously a right-hander.
Old August 2, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
did you watch his 100 against south africa at edens ?
Yes, live.