facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 18, 2015, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default NBA

THE NBA THREAD

Old July 20, 2015, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
It is the warrior's crown to lose. Aldrige is an excellent 20-10 player. Warriors play fast short ball. Mismatch.

Thunders will reload with healthy players. I clippers will play second fiddle. Rockets can go as far as harden will take them.
Warriors are an excellent team especially in the regular season and the new rules of the NBA favor their fast short ball approach no doubt, but all the stars had to align for them to win this year. First they didn't have to deal with any injury which is unheard of. Second, they're lucky to not have to face a single high quality point guard in the playoffs as the opponents top PG's were out injured. So opponents couldn't slow down their guards or play point guard to big men pick and roll effectively, which allowed them to go even smaller in the front court and rip apart the opponents. I have to see it to believe they can make it two in a row playing the same way they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Bulls and OKC (or Clippers as much as I'd hate that) finals. Mark it.
After multiple surgeries I'm concerned about how Durant's ankle holds up after 50-60 games before anointing them contenders. Clippers are a serious threat after stealing back DJ, signing Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Lance Stevenson. Bulls? Come'n, they couldn't stop the Cavs with a hobbling Kyrie and no Love. Cavs have gotten even better this year. I can't see the Bulls winning more than a game against them next year.

Btw who do you root for? I thought you'd be a Warriors fan being from Bay area, no?
Old July 20, 2015, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I actually don't have an NBA team. I have been trying since forever. Some of my friends are Lakers fans, can't get off Kobe's jock and some are now all of a sudden "hardcore" Warriors fans. They both piss me off. I wanted to see the Warriors lose all season long until they matched up vs the Cavs. I have been trying to become a Clippers fan, I really like Blake, Doc, but Chris Paul and now DJ with the Mavs saga, really turns me off. I might just have to jump on the Kings wagon if they get better.

Basketball is the only sport that I love watching but don't have a team to support. It brings a different perspective I guess. And at this point I'll just be a bandwagon fan, which ever team I decide to go with and I don't like that...
Old July 22, 2015, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

^ If coach Karl and Cousins can figure out a way to work together and be effective, there's a chance Kings could surprise this year. Rondo and Rudy Gay are both pretty good players when they actually focus on playing bball. They'll do their best to impress so they can get large contract offers from teams flush with cash next season due to increased cap space. If I had to bet on a CA team I'd put my money on the Clippers. I think it'll be Spurs vs Clippers in the conference finals and one hell of a series.
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

San Antonio will be hard to stop. The have a very balanced team this year. Oklahoma is on the brink of breaking up. If Durant goes in free agency next year it would be all over. Houston can't win the big one. So does clippers. So from the West it would be Warriors - Spurs. In the East, I like Washington-Chicago. Cavs would be there. I don't see them winning though.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

^I'd love to see your prediction about the East come true but I seriously doubt it. Why do you think the Bulls or Wizards have a better shot next year? I thought last year was the golden opportunity for any of these teams to take down the Cavs. They were without Love, Verajao and Kyrie was pretty banged up. Now they're past the chemistry issues, will get a healthy Love, Kyrie, Verajao back and also added a very good backup PG in Mo Williams. In the first four games of the finals the Warriors struggled to win against Lebron alone. Now they have reinforcement in every position. Every year they'll get more players signing up for the veteran's minimum to get an easy shot at the championship. I see them winning 65-70 games in the regular season and running the table in the playoffs for the next 3/4 years.
Old Today, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
^I'd love to see your prediction about the East come true but I seriously doubt it. Why do you think the Bulls or Wizards have a better shot next year? I thought last year was the golden opportunity for any of these teams to take down the Cavs. They were without Love, Verajao and Kyrie was pretty banged up. Now they're past the chemistry issues, will get a healthy Love, Kyrie, Verajao back and also added a very good backup PG in Mo Williams. In the first four games of the finals the Warriors struggled to win against Lebron alone. Now they have reinforcement in every position. Every year they'll get more players signing up for the veteran's minimum to get an easy shot at the championship. I see them winning 65-70 games in the regular season and running the table in the playoffs for the next 3/4 years.
Wizards are stacked. Chicago with a new coach is just my hopeful pick.

As for Cavs, Chemistry issue is never going to go away. These boys have huge egos. No-one wants to take a backseat. It will resurface when everyone is healthy. Because of the injury, others did have their minutes and shots. Take away that and you will have a problem. The coach is not Pop. The team doesn't have a Rodman. Spurs would take them out in 5.if Warriors make it back again to the finals they would be unstoppable.