facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 18, 2015, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default NFL

THE NFL THREAD

Old July 19, 2015, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

http://banglacricket.league.fantasy.nfl.com/
Password: a------l
hint 1: Everyone either loves this guy or loves to hate him.
hint 2: He's a fool.
draft time: Sept 5, 5 PM ET (temporary)

Ok, this is going to be our NFL league for BC every season here from now on. It's customized link and everything. Currently it's a 10 team league but would love to extend it to 12 teams and make it a PPR league. Hate to shorten it that'd suck. Currently we have 4-6 (Me, Aj, TE, zman...) members ready to join, so we need 6 more (looking at you Zuinad, Tiger444, cricman, pawn, etc who usually posted in the NFL threads). Join!

Set it up this early because by Sept we're all likely to be committed to our usual work/friends-family leagues so might not have the time for a new league. But now you have no excuses.
Old July 20, 2015, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
We don't have that many NFL fans. Only 10 members posted in this thread last year. I don't want to play against random people who are not from BC. Let's see how many members show interest. Season doesn't start for another 1.5 months, so plenty of time to recruit people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
@Ajfar - unfortunately I lack the knowledge of players required to play fantasy football unlike basketball. I've followed the Jets for a good number of years but outside of New York the only teams I know about are Patriots, Seahawks, Niners, Eagles, Redskins, Colts and the Packers. After couple more seasons I'll probably know enough to be able to participate.
It's not even that hard. If you have some general knowledge + plus the "suggested picks" you'd be alright. I think playing it is the best way to learn more about the players. So give it a go.

I guess the only think trick you should know is target RB+QB early as they are very limit. that's Fantasy Football 101.
Old July 20, 2015, 09:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
@Ajfar - unfortunately I lack the knowledge of players required to play fantasy football unlike basketball. I've followed the Jets for a good number of years but outside of New York the only teams I know about are Patriots, Seahawks, Niners, Eagles, Redskins, Colts and the Packers. After couple more seasons I'll probably know enough to be able to participate.
Zman bhai don't worry you'll get the hang of it quickly. Honestly speaking I started following all NFL teams since I started playing Fantasy football with my cousins. I learned so much much about the game since I started playing fantasy football, and now I enjoy football a lot more because I have other purpose beside just following the Patriots. It's really simple, once you play couple weeks you'll figure it out pretty quickly. Just play couple weeks and see how hooked you will get. Thursday, Sunday and Monday will have whole new meaning for you.

I jointed. I'm sure TE bhai will play. Hopefully Zman bhai will play as well. That gives us 4 teams. I haven't seen Tiger444 around for a while. I have his number. I'll txt him and find out if he's interested. Haven't seen Beamer bhai around for a while, he'd probably play too.
Old July 20, 2015, 11:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ 0-1 your Mighty Ducks are already! You play The Scooperdowns in our week one match up!

And yes, FF is the best way to learn the players and the game. Otherwise you will have tough time following all 32 teams.
Old July 22, 2015, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'll think about it but have you guys ever done an NFL pool here at BC? That's also really fun!
Old July 22, 2015, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish

Marcus Mariota is a good talent.

Go Ducks!!!!!!!....errrr Tennessee Titans!!!!
Old July 28, 2015, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

4 game ban uphold. Tommy boy destroyed his phone? And pats fans are still crying? GTFO. 4 game ban not enough!
Old July 28, 2015, 02:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Tommy crybaby cheater Brady needs to have a permaban.
Old July 28, 2015, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

About Jets being the unluckiest team in the NFL, why couldn't one of these four games be against us? why? instead we get to face a fully rested Brady raring to unleash his wrath
Old July 28, 2015, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Here's what I'm hoping happens. That Aladdin boy takes off like the magic carpet in those four games. 5-6 TD, 80% comp, 600 yards, no INT and Pats go 4-0. And The Chick does what he do and trade/bench the Asterisk boy ... And the system QB will reveal his true self in Arizona or something or warm the bench Tennessee. He will leave the league like how he came in. That'd be sweet justice.

Or they can all go to hell and win ZERO games this season.