facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 2, 2015, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

HT Score: Ban 1-0 Afg
Old June 2, 2015, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Another goal conceded during injury time..Probably 30+ seconds were left. It has become our habit to concede goal just before the end of the match.
FT : Ban 1-1 Afg
Old June 2, 2015, 07:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Full time score:
BAN: 1 - 1: AFG
Afghans scored on last minute of stoppage time, a bit disappointing..
I must admit, Afghans played a better game, I started watching from 75' and all I saw was the Afghans pulling the ball forward and Bangladeshis defending them off one by one. Our defence and GK was very impressive today. Shame.... We almost pulled off a win.

One thing that really annoyed me was after stoppage time, some of our players were deliberately wasting time, not too happy about that.

Overall, well done Bangladesh. A tie against the Afghans is still very impessive (given many of their players play in pro/ semi-pro leagues in Europe). Interestingly enough we played against Afghanistan 5 times, they are yet to find their first win against Bangladesh (1 loss, 4 draws).
Old June 2, 2015, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

^ We played well in the 1st half while afgan dominated the 2nd half.

Apparently one of their player currently now playing in Bundesliga. Forgot the team name that was mentioned by commentator.
Old June 2, 2015, 07:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Another goal conceded during injury time..Probably 30+ seconds were left. It has become our habit to concede goal just before the end of the match.
This becoming norm now our GK and defenders did so well all through out the game, its a shame we conceded that late goal. It was a very well placed shot though. Our second half performance always seems below par to our first half performance.
Old June 2, 2015, 07:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
This becoming norm now our GK and defenders did so well all through out the game, its a shame we conceded that late goal. It was a very well placed shot though. Our second half performance always seems below par to our first half performance.
yeah. it was. For a change cant blame our gk for conceding the goal.
Old June 12, 2015, 06:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Unbelievable, how could we lose to Kirghizstan. FIFA ranking just got trumped.
Old June 19, 2015, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Good decision.
Old June 21, 2015, 12:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

^ Agreed. Glad to see that BFF stopped sacking coaches every 6 months. Sad truth is we have only a hand full of talented football players in our national team, that's the reason we always fail to deliver. Even if we had Mourinho, Löw, Van Gaal et al. as our coach, our condition wouldn't change much.

I really liked De Kruif's scouting initiatives, trying to recruit Europian players of Bangladeshi descent to play for our national team. He is certainly one of the better coaches we have had.
Old June 21, 2015, 02:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

I have been hearing rumors from less reliable source, one of Bangladeshi Football teams leading Facebook fan pages. These guys did post inaccurate information from time to time in the past, so I can't confirm this 100%. But this was their status:

<<< ব্রেকিং নিউজ >>>
স্ট্রাইকার সঙ্কট কাটাতে ঢাকা মোহামেডানের গিনিয়ান স্ট্রাইকার ইসমাইল বাঙ্গুরাকে নাগরিকত্ব দিয়ে জাতীয় দলে খেলার আনুষ্ঠানিক প্রক্রিয়া শুরু করেছে বাফুফে।
আগামী সেপ্টেম্বরে
অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশের বিশ্বকাপ ও এশিয়ান কাপ বাছাইয়ের তৃতীয় ম্যাচ। বাফুফের
টার্গেট ওই ম্যাচেই বাঙ্গুরাকে
খেলানো।

https://m.facebook.com/lovebdfootbal...pe=1&source=57

What is everyone's thoughts on this? This would be the best news in Bangladeshi football history for the past decade if true.
Old June 21, 2015, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Some player also said something like this a while back in PA. Cant remember if its the same player. What he told was that coach of his club offered him to play for us.

Anyway, if he is an improvement over our current star striker i'm all for it.
Old June 21, 2015, 04:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

It's confirmed, coach De Kruif wants to sign 3 foreign players for the Bangladesh team by naturalizing them as Bangladeshi citizens. I hope our govt is cool with this. Kyrgyzstan team had a few African players in their team, I see nothing wrong with naturalizing players.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...কত্ব
Old June 22, 2015, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

From Todays Prothom-alo:

Old June 22, 2015, 05:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

^ looking at this at a greater detail, I think I would now side with Ameli and Sheikh Russel coach Maruful Hoque... I think we should be signing foreign players in their mid 20s, and players that are significantly better than current Bangladeshi players, not just incrementally better. Players like Sony Norde, for example (I know he doesn't play for Bangladeshi League anymore).
Old June 22, 2015, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
^ looking at this at a greater detail, I think I would now side with Ameli and Sheikh Russel coach Maruful Hoque... I think we should be signing foreign players in their mid 20s, and players that are significantly better than current Bangladeshi players, not just incrementally better. Players like Sony Norde, for example (I know he doesn't play for Bangladeshi League anymore).
but with new rule, its almost impossible. Player like Sony norde will never play here for 5 years.

I think one of the main reason why coach wanted them is physically they are far better than our player. Our players tends to get tired towards the end of the match which is why we are constantly conceding late goals . According to reports de kruif is pretty much pissed of to our players because nobody tried to improve their fitness despite telling them to do that regularly.

and maybe their mentality is also different. Because our players aka whole team automatically goes into defensive mode every match in around 65-70 min regardless of coach instruction.
Old July 6, 2015, 11:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Okay, I think it's somewhat confirmed by now that Jamal Bhuyan and Mamunul Islam got asked to try out for 5th Division English team Torquay United, and and unnamed Welsh 2nd Div team. Not 100% sure if this is true, but if it is, than its great news for both of them and our team. Both the leagues will provide significantly more competitive football than Bangladesh Super League.

I feel confident that both these players can make the starting 11 of a 5th even a 4th Div (League 2) English team.

If I were to choose I would go with the 5th Div English team. As it would provide a greater chance of coaches from other team from 3rd and 4th Division to scout them out if they can impress. A Bangladeshi player playing in League 1... Just imagine that. It would also make them the 2nd and 3rd ever Bangladeshi players to get offers to play for a foreign league if selected.

But we shouldn't get our hopes up so high, this could all just be a rumour .
Old July 9, 2015, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Bangladesh football federation not going to "Foreign" player route atm. They had been stopped the process.
Old July 9, 2015, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

^ What can you do when you are surround by bunch of looser? Cant produce a okey striker let alone a decent one yet can whine like a bitch when someone tries to fix that. To get to the next level we need money first and foremost but without any instance success with national team that money will never come. With the current strike force we will never be able to beat a decent team. But seems like they are happy being mediocore.. Bunch of born looser.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old July 9, 2015, 10:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Looks like Bangladesh football federation not going to "Foreign" player route atm. They had been stopped the process.
Good decision.
Old July 26, 2015, 02:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I didn't realize WCQ for Asia had already started, I was looking at the Rest of the Regions Qualifying and was wondering where's Asia.

Next game vs Australia on September 3rd. This game will definitely be televised ... I'll be watching. Hope they play brave. Anything can happen in Football, if they play disciplined.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old July 26, 2015, 05:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Did they? I saw the news said it's already submitted. But they won't be available for Australia match, since the process will take more than six months to get the approval, at home and with FIFA

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All Three ODI Series) Updated: 25Jul2015
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Asian football expert John Duerden (@JohnnyDuerden) assesses the Bengal Tigers, the Socceroos' opponents in their next 2018 FIFA World Cup™ Qualifier Asian zone match at Perth's nib Stadium on September 3.
The first home game for Australia on the road to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ takes places in Perth on September 3 as a determined Bangladesh come to WA following in Australia's Dutch-inspired footsteps.
The South Asians are a little down after collecting just one point form the opening two games in the group, especially as the most recent clash against Tajikistan was going well until an equaliser two minutes from time.
That 1-1 draw followed a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Kyrgyzstan five days earlier.
It means though that there is a need to collect some points against Australia and Jordan if the Bengal Tigers are to have a chance of getting off bottom spot, but more important for the country is the continuation of development at all levels of the game.
Read more: Meet the Socceroos' next opponent: Bangladesh >>