facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 4, 2018, 12:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^^Most wonderful news! Thank you Ahnaf!
We are extremely proud of Sabina Khatun~! God bless you.

Old April 5, 2018, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I understand what you are saying about Maldives. They certainly are the best South Asian Football Side at the moment and perhaps in the last 7-8 years or so.

Our demise is very sad though. I remember the days in the 90s where nothing short of a 4-0 or 5-0 thumping would be deemed acceptable against the likes of Nepal and Maldives. I recall their then best football club New Radiant had visited Mohammedan SC for some AFC match and we casually beat them 8-0 and Mohammedan were probably being complacent. But then we had players of the calibre of Shabbir and Kaiser Hamid back then. Now, even at my age I reckon I'll do a better job than the current lot.
It truly is a tragedy. Especially considering our large population. Bd parents have gotten it wrong for so long about just focusing on academics, slowly they are coming around on cricket after seeing stars like Shakib. I hope that day comes soon for soccer as well. Right now, it is still looked down upon to be a soccer player. They make decent wages, but get no respect. Now, strong willed or individualistic people will not care and strive on to become the best at their craft. But many of our guys in Bd, they are more societal, and the respect thing does matter to them A LOT, and demotivates them from practicing.