facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Shakib: Pleasure in performance (The Daily Star)

Pleasure in performance
Shakib returns on September 18

Shakib Al Hasan confessed that he had no qualms of being lonely in the West Midlands of England.
"I am enjoying my time so much that I don't feel homesick," said all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan while talking with the Daily Star Sport over phone yesterday, moments before he left home for the second day's play against Sussex at the New Road ground.
"Before this time, I had once enjoyed Eid abroad but that was with teammates. But this time it was something new for me. But honestly speaking I didn't feel bad though I thought that it would be hard for me to stay without my family for more than a month," said Shakib, who will return home on September 18 to join the training camp to prepare for the next month's one-day series against New Zealand.
It was altogether a different Eid celebration for the Bangladesh all-rounder, who already made his mark in County Cricket, as he had a game on Eid day at Lord's.
Shakib performed his Eid prayers at the Regents Park Mosque and then played the game against Middlesex where he took a career-best 7 for 32 to earn a stunning victory for Worcestershire. After the game he joined an Eid party at St. Peters College and then had dinner with a Bangladeshi family in London.
"Actually I enjoyed the day. So far I have had hardly any leisure time besides cricket. I am enjoying every bit of it here as everything is new to me.
"I am playing cricket in a totally different atmosphere. The reaction was as usual even after my seven-wicket haul," informed Shakib.
He also said that the supporters want him to continue his stint with Worcestershire in the next season also. "This is great feeling as the supporters want me to continue with my team for next season also," he said, adding, "I learnt many things by playing county cricket but it must reflected in my performance while playing for the national team. I have to prove that my county experiences matured me. Ultimately performance is the key for any player," said Shakib.
The immediate-past Bangladesh skipper believed that his performance in England's domestic game will open a window for other Bangladeshi players.
"Definitely it's open a window but once again performance is the key. I think Tamim (Iqbal) has every chance to play county cricket next year because he is now our No 1 performer," he hoped.
"You can't replace him with any other player right at the moment. So, we will feel his absence during the five-match one-day series against New Zealand," opined Shakib.
The all-rounder has learned many things as a cricketer by playing county cricket but as a cook he became skilled at only two recipes. "I can make only omelette and fried eggs."

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=154467

Old September 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Pleasure in performance

The all-rounder has learned many things as a cricketer by playing county cricket but as a cook he became skilled at only two recipes. "I can make only omelette and fried eggs."
bechara tao to kisu ranna kora shikhlo, thakto aro koyekdin england e tarpor bujhto thelar naam babaji.shudhu shudhu dim vaji kheye ki Bangalir pet vore???..
Old September 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Shakib was a good advertisement for Bangladesh cricket and I am hopeful of seeing Tamim and one or two more in county teams.

But I am not entirely happy with Shakib's performance. He needed to score some runs. Many times, he has given it away after getting set. Hope, he understands his problems and does not get carried away.
Old September 14, 2010, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Pleasure in performance

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=154467
Old September 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
So, we will feel his absence during the five-match one-day series against New Zealand," opined Shakib.
So Tamim is out for sure against NZ?
Old September 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
So Tamim is out for sure against NZ?
Yup, he needs time to recover from his wrist operation
Old September 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great to see Shakib enjoying England..seems like he's having a lot of fun even though he's been a busy guy..hopefully he can convince some of the players on the team to join county cricket..Tamim would surely dominate the scene..I see other players having a tough time getting a contract but it would be nice to see the likes of Jahurul, Shafiul, Rubel, Zunaed, Imrul, Mushy, Rocky, Mash etc to play over there
Old September 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
Cricket Sage

^ I can't see our bowlers making it into any county teams, they are just not up to the standard yet. The only batsman who can easily walk into any county team is Tamim. Others have quite a lot of work to do, but i'm sure sakib's successful season will inspire them to work hard and get a contract.
Old September 14, 2010, 07:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^ I can't see our bowlers making it into any county teams, they are just not up to the standard yet. The only batsman who can easily walk into any county team is Tamim. Others have quite a lot of work to do, but i'm sure sakib's successful season will inspire them to work hard and get a contract.
true..hopefully more of the other players work hard and get those county contracts..
Old September 14, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

^ the players I can see playing county cricket are Tamim, Shakib, Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim. Almost every county has better seamers so it would be unwise of a county to spend their foreign quota on a par, above par seamer.
Old September 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah our seamers don't stand much of a chance of clinching a contract. However, I do feel that in a couple of years, Shafiul will be quite a good pacer. I only wish I could say the same about Rubel. I just don't see that guy improving at all.
Old September 14, 2010, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Yeah our seamers don't stand much of a chance of clinching a contract. However, I do feel that in a couple of years, Shafiul will be quite a good pacer. I only wish I could say the same about Rubel. I just don't see that guy improving at all.
Well let's not get too down on ourselves with Rubel..have to understand also that nobody expected this from Shafiul and this is a freak incident..I mean he's been our 2nd best bowler in ODIs behind Shakib and their averages are very close..Shafiul seems to have learned very quickly and definitely quicker then Rubel..what hurt Rubel was the expectations we all had stores for him after that debut match against the Lankans..he's obviously got a lot of potential but he's got a ways to go..he'll get better with time and from what I've heard he's a hard worker..so thats always a good thing..Shafiul Islam is ahead of him and I feel he always will..but it seems Rubel can be a pretty good bowler as well..
Old September 14, 2010, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Great interview.

Good to hear that he's likely to continue for Worcs, it's good for him and Worcs.

And a shame that he's only learned to make fried eggs
Old September 15, 2010, 12:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Shakib was a good advertisement for Bangladesh cricket and I am hopeful of seeing Tamim and one or two more in county teams.

But I am not entirely happy with Shakib's performance. He needed to score some runs. Many times, he has given it away after getting set. Hope, he understands his problems and does not get carried away.
i wished he would learn to apply him self according the situation while batting and gain some maturity in batting temperament.

looks like ha hasnt learnt or gained too much
Old September 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
"I can make only omelette and fried eggs."
What's the difference between omelette and fried eggs!!!!
Old September 15, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
1. omelet is normal dim vaji with peyaj and morich ! ahhh...ki moja !

2. fried eggs is 'scrambled eggs' ! tastes yummy with fried rice

Old September 15, 2010, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
bechara tao to kisu ranna kora shikhlo, thakto aro koyekdin england e tarpor bujhto thelar naam babaji.shudhu shudhu dim vaji kheye ki Bangalir pet vore???..
haha...exactly my thought !

je chele jibone ranna ghorei pa dey nai, shey ekhon mach mangsho ranna kore...vablei gaye jor ase ! (thats me )
Old September 15, 2010, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

good to know that he values the support he's got from the worc fans.hope he sticks to worc in the next season too
Old September 15, 2010, 06:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i wished he would learn to apply him self according the situation while batting and gain some maturity in batting temperament.

looks like ha hasnt learnt or gained too much
I'm sure he has. You must allow some time between learning & implementing.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Well let's not get too down on ourselves with Rubel..have to understand also that nobody expected this from Shafiul and this is a freak incident..I mean he's been our 2nd best bowler in ODIs behind Shakib and their averages are very close..Shafiul seems to have learned very quickly and definitely quicker then Rubel..what hurt Rubel was the expectations we all had stores for him after that debut match against the Lankans..he's obviously got a lot of potential but he's got a ways to go..he'll get better with time and from what I've heard he's a hard worker..so thats always a good thing..Shafiul Islam is ahead of him and I feel he always will..but it seems Rubel can be a pretty good bowler as well..
Of course he has the all the makings of a good fast bowler from a physical sense. I feel his biggest problem is that, and excuse me bluntness here, he's rather stupid. He has no idea on adapting to certain situations, and panics all too often. He was like that when he first came in, and he's the same now, which is what worries me most.
Old September 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
lau ar kodur moddhe jei difference
Old September 15, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
1. omelet is normal dim vaji with peyaj and morich ! ahhh...ki moja !

2. fried eggs is 'scrambled eggs' ! tastes yummy with fried rice

What are you talking about? Fried eggs and scrambled eggs are two different things.
Old September 15, 2010, 02:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Funny eggs
Old September 15, 2010, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

If I get the chance to speak to Shakib tomorrow when I am at New Road, I will ask him what is the difference between omelette and fried eggs? and which one he prefers?

And which one he had in the morning of the Eid day

Edit: Sorry my trip to west midland cancelled. I am disappointed I could not go.

Last edited by MohammedC; September 16, 2010 at 01:04 AM..
Old September 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Mo vai, if it's possible please tell him to bat a bit more sensibly. No problem if you don't though.