facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 15, 2010, 06:03 AM
sir john's Avatar
sir john sir john is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 20, 2010
Location: india
Favorite Player: kapil Dev
Posts: 445
Default Australia tour of India

2 test and 3 ODIs should be played.
Hope for a good entertaining series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 21, 2010, 01:04 AM
sir john's Avatar
sir john sir john is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 20, 2010
Location: india
Favorite Player: kapil Dev
Posts: 445

Kangaroos arrive in india.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 9,010

Yuvraj Singh dropped, Cheteshwar Pujara gets maiden call-up!

India squad
- MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Cheteshwar Pujara, M Vijay, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Sreesanth and Amit Mishra.

Full Read - Cricinfo
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:07 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 9,010

Australia Squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (vice-capt), Doug Bollinger, Peter George, Nathan Hauritz, Josh Hazlewood, Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Simon Katich, Marcus North, Tim Paine (wk), Steven Smith and Shane Watson.
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:10 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 9,010

Tour Schedule:

Sat Sep 25 - Mon Sep 27
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local
Indian Board President's XI v Australians
Chandigarh


Fri Oct 1 - Tue Oct 5
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local
1st Test - India v Australia
Mohali, Chandigarh


Sat Oct 9 - Wed Oct 13
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local
2nd Test - India v Australia
Bangalore


Sun Oct 17
03:30 GMT | 09:00 local
1st ODI - India v Australia
Kochi


Wed Oct 20
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local
2nd ODI - India v Australia
Visakhapatnam


Sun Oct 24
03:30 GMT | 09:00 local
3rd ODI - India v Australia
Margao
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:22 AM
_Rafi_'s Avatar
_Rafi_ _Rafi_ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: Livin on fantasy
Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Posts: 4,022

Cricinfo Fantasy Cricket

PM nadim 98 bro to get LPIN for our BC fantasy league.

Last edited by _Rafi_; September 21, 2010 at 02:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 21, 2010, 08:12 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Will be a very good series..don't know who will win but I hope Australia wins..good luck to both teams..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 21, 2010, 01:40 PM
bharat bharat is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 25, 2005
Posts: 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Will be a very good series..don't know who will win but I hope Australia wins..good luck to both teams..

Not good time for cricket if you are in India . With the Commonwealth Games and "Babri Masjid" Supreme Court hearing at the same time , Indian security forces will be stretched !

"Indian Mujahadeen" (who attacked and killed two tourists a week back) have vowed to "create havoc" . This month and the next might be a tough time for India ! If she comes out unscathed (which I hope and pray ) it would be a great 'victory' for brand India else it will be a major setback to the 'shining and progressive' India.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 21, 2010, 01:59 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Not good time for cricket if you are in India . With the Commonwealth Games and "Babri Masjid" Supreme Court hearing at the same time , Indian security forces will be stretched !

"Indian Mujahadeen" (who attacked and killed two tourists a week back) have vowed to "create havoc" . This month and the next might be a tough time for India ! If she comes out unscathed (which I hope and pray ) it would be a great 'victory' for brand India else it will be a major setback to the 'shining and progressive' India.
Sorry to hear that bharat..thats really tough..just read about the commonwealth games and thats just unfortunate..wish the best of luck to you guys though..hopefully things get resolved quickly..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
bharat bharat is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 25, 2005
Posts: 914

India is not ready ( I think) to hold an event as big as "Commonwealth Games" .We are at least 4-5 years away from having the capability !!

Hopefully things will work out !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 21, 2010, 02:15 PM
nakibahmed's Avatar
nakibahmed nakibahmed is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 8, 2010
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock
Posts: 109

this series is just an example of the lengths the BCCI goes to ensure that india gets to be the number one test team(which they don't deserve to be).

Well,will be entertaining,nevertheless,i hope Philip Hughes gets a chance in the tests,just can't get enough of him!Also looking forward in getting a look at Pujara in white,he seems to be the best of the upcoming players for india
__________________
SHAKIB FOR PRESIDENT!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 21, 2010, 05:11 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
India is not ready ( I think) to hold an event as big as "Commonwealth Games" .We are at least 4-5 years away from having the capability !!

Hopefully things will work out !
I agree..holding such a big event really is a big challenge and they managed to screw up..I'm hoping that it does go on but it really does not look good..only 12 days away and this happens!! Poor planning in my opinion to have the commonwealth games and also a test series around the same time..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 22, 2010, 12:09 AM
sir john's Avatar
sir john sir john is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 20, 2010
Location: india
Favorite Player: kapil Dev
Posts: 445

We are ready for hosting games!we have spend big money on these games.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

the CWG is screwed bigtime. most clued-in people were anyway not in favour of pumping money to the delhi fatcats from the rest of country. to do so with a known crook like suresh kalmadi in charge was simple insane. anyone with bare minimum knowledge of India's sporting world knows what an a-hole he is. but then he had the blessings of sonia gandhi and congress high command, what can you say.
in the end murphy's law has struck.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 22, 2010, 09:23 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
this series is just an example of the lengths the BCCI goes to ensure that india gets to be the number one test team.
yeah ? how so ?

Quote:
(which they don't deserve to be)
why ? winning it by ICC's laid down rules isn't enough for you ? I'm sure Ind is in #1 spot playing by same rules as everyone else.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 22, 2010, 09:45 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,521

Im surprised there's only 2 tests being played
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
nakibahmed's Avatar
nakibahmed nakibahmed is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 8, 2010
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Shaun Pollock
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
yeah ? how so ?

why ? winning it by ICC's laid down rules isn't enough for you ? I'm sure Ind is in #1 spot playing by same rules as everyone else.
Man,you're either ignorant or indian,iam guessing both :P

So you're telling me that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that india planned the recent Srilanka tour and the Australia series JUST to maintain it's number one position?Cricinfo will tell you the whole story

I'll quote a few lines from the article linked above:

"This is not the first time the Indian board has intervened to change the original itinerary of a proposed tour. Earlier this year Cricket South Africa had agreed to a compressed tour of two Tests and three ODIs, replacing the original five-match ODI series. India's change of mind came in the wake of ascending to the No.1 Test ranking for the first time, and they were eager to preserve it."

Don't get me started on the ranking system!NO,ICC's ranking system is one of the most flawed EVER!..won't take my word for it,maybe Sangakkara will make it easier.

Just to be safe,i even have a picture..a real funny one

__________________
SHAKIB FOR PRESIDENT!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 22, 2010, 01:30 PM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

and I guess you don't use your brain often enough ?

why don't you try the cricinfo link and understand what it means ?
BCCI came in for criticism for not scheduling enough tests and therefore got aus to play a couple of tests because they were anyway touring India. playing tests is a crime now ? because that's all India is doing here.

yes BCCi was eager to play more tests and the touring teams were as eager to play the number one test side in the world. in fact the south african players wanted another test but there was no time for it. it's a bilateral matter between BCCI and CSA or BCCI and CA.
what is illegal or unfair about it ? do try and think before you reply because right now you are simply ranting silly.

Quote:
Don't get me started on the ranking system!NO,ICC's ranking system is one of the most flawed EVER!..won't take my word for it,maybe Sangakkara will make it easier.
so sangakara is a statistics expert now ? or is he plain jealous that his team got hammered from their no 2 ranking by India ? hell wait, he wasn't questioning the rankings before that was he ?

fine einstein, answer this then, if not India then who ? australia ? who lost to south africa at home, against Eng in Eng and got hammered by India in India ?
or is it south africa who can't even stay unbeaten at home ?
face it, Ind has been unbeaten at home over the last few years(ENG, Aus, Pak, SL, drawn series against SA) and strong performers away from home. (away wins against Eng, WI, NZ, drawn series against SL)
that has been the best performance by ANY team over the last few years and that is why Ind is at no 1 position. now Ind has not been as dominating as the earlier aus team and that is also the reason why the differences between the top teams is very slender.

the ICC's ranking system is quite scientific, I've followed its workings for sometime and it is not that difficult to understand as well. it worked when aus was at no 1 and it works when Ind is at no 1 as well.
now just because sanga (or you) is thick enough not to understand it does not mean it is not a consistent system.
now cut down your hate meter a little or you will burst a vein from all that pent-up emotion.
cheers !

p.s. posting cartoons now ? that's your informed argument ?

p.p.s why don't YOU devise a scientific and flawless ranking system for us since you are obviously so gifted at judging those ? best of luck ! I'll be waiting.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 22, 2010, 05:55 PM
Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
Trigger_Tiger Trigger_Tiger is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 24, 2007
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Posts: 1,282

Wow Neel, your biased opinion knows no bounds. All hail you, the absolute genius who knows absolutely everything about BCCI and Indian cricket!

The saffies tour was a close call, and everyone knows it, when the current Indian team reaches a spot of bother, all solutions are found by pulling strings.

I mean, come on, seriously, being "home tigers" and inviting "teams to play at home"...is a little too obvious isn't it? ANY team would like to tour for a test championship against any competitive team anywhere! Why would the Aussies and Saffies decline?

Let me make things simpler for you. It is a known fact that BCCI is as corrupt and team India is as vulnerable abroad as it gets, don't ask me for statistics and reasoning, the pile is too high, do the fact searching yourself. I mean if the ICC Cricket rankings mean so much to you, and you can support it without really discussing how exactly why it is valid, why should Nakib or I defend our opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
and I guess you don't use your brain often enough ?

why don't you try the cricinfo link and understand what it means ?
BCCI came in for criticism for not scheduling enough tests and therefore got aus to play a couple of tests because they were anyway touring India. playing tests is a crime now ? because that's all India is doing here.

yes BCCi was eager to play more tests and the touring teams were as eager to play the number one test side in the world. in fact the south african players wanted another test but there was no time for it. it's a bilateral matter between BCCI and CSA or BCCI and CA.
what is illegal or unfair about it ? do try and think before you reply because right now you are simply ranting silly.

so sangakara is a statistics expert now ? or is he plain jealous that his team got hammered from their no 2 ranking by India ? hell wait, he wasn't questioning the rankings before that was he ?

fine einstein, answer this then, if not India then who ? australia ? who lost to south africa at home, against Eng in Eng and got hammered by India in India ?
or is it south africa who can't even stay unbeaten at home ?
face it, Ind has been unbeaten at home over the last few years(ENG, Aus, Pak, SL, drawn series against SA) and strong performers away from home. (away wins against Eng, WI, NZ, drawn series against SL)
that has been the best performance by ANY team over the last few years and that is why Ind is at no 1 position. now Ind has not been as dominating as the earlier aus team and that is also the reason why the differences between the top teams is very slender.

the ICC's ranking system is quite scientific, I've followed its workings for sometime and it is not that difficult to understand as well. it worked when aus was at no 1 and it works when Ind is at no 1 as well.
now just because sanga (or you) is thick enough not to understand it does not mean it is not a consistent system.
now cut down your hate meter a little or you will burst a vein from all that pent-up emotion.
cheers !

p.s. posting cartoons now ? that's your informed argument ?

p.p.s why don't YOU devise a scientific and flawless ranking system for us since you are obviously so gifted at judging those ? best of luck ! I'll be waiting.
__________________
Paro ki tumi bujhtey? Paro onubhob kortey? Ki darun anondo jagey money!
Cholo Bangladesh! Khelbey amar desh! Dekhbo amar desh!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 22, 2010, 05:57 PM
Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
Trigger_Tiger Trigger_Tiger is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 24, 2007
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Posts: 1,282

*On a side note*: No intention for disturbing peace anyone, please ignore the digression and continue with your original discussion.
__________________
Paro ki tumi bujhtey? Paro onubhob kortey? Ki darun anondo jagey money!
Cholo Bangladesh! Khelbey amar desh! Dekhbo amar desh!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 22, 2010, 06:09 PM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

well, sometime ago 'everyone knew' the earth was flat with as much cocksure attitude as you do.
your rhetorical nonsense will merit a proper reply only when you have gathered enough courage to post the statistics for India's home and away results for the last few years and also what % of the matches were played away from home. a comparison with other teams would do even better.
truth is, even you know what that would unearth (hint: it would make you look more than a little silly)
therefore, continue to hide behind 'everyone knows' 'bcci is corrupt' and similar garbage.
we will talk again when your discussion skills develop beyond kindergarten levels.
cheers !
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 23, 2010, 03:10 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

India gonna pwn Oz, aus struggled to win in india at their prime. So 2-0 or 1-0 win for Ind.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

let's not be cocky. in cricket you never know.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old September 23, 2010, 12:26 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Its gonna be evenly matched in my opinion..the Indian batting department is better in my opinion and the Aussies are better in the bowling and fielding department..I think it will come down to the showdown to the Aussies fast bowlers against India's batsmen..whoever wins out there has the upper hand..I think in ODIs the Aussies are the definite favorites since Dravid, Tendulkar, and Laxman barely play any ODI matches..if Tendulkar plays though then it will be a very good ODI series as well..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

@Neel Lol I love being a lil cocky
Btw its clearly advantage india coz we havent been beaten at hone since ages and oz always struggle against us at home. It'd be more like a practise b4 series against SA which is gonna be a hell lot tougher.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket