facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2010, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Of fans and frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
bhai apni eto gorom keno? kew apnare tabij kose naki?
The truth is that I'm only angry when I'm discussing cricket and since I don't talk about the game much outside BC (most of the people in my social circle taking very little or no interest in the game, with a few being completely oblivious of the fact that the word isn't always used to refer to an insect), these days I'm always angry when I'm on the forums. Extremely angry and impatient.

The frustration was always there, but it piled up fast recently when 18 years of following the team continued to equal to squat as we started to look like we were incapable of winning anything. The interest in the game and the team declined and the losses to the associates were the last nails in the coffin.

It's good to see the team win for a change, but the anger persists. Because it's not just about regularly losing to associates or failing to beat better sides once in a while any more. The picture is bigger than that. I think we got it all wrong, right from the beginning. Our approach to the game is exactly what it shouldn't be and for that I blame everyone - the board, the management and the players. It looks like no one really has their goals set high enough, except for one man, who should be captain. There's another guy who makes a damn good player and has his name up on all sorts of leader boards, but other than that everyone seems to be a bloody Barbie doll undeserving of being where he is.

They talk about individual performances, about scoring 240 in ODIs, about incremental development, about letting people fail fifty times in a row before they start making contributions. I say screw all of that. None of that crap matters when you win a world cup. With the competition being staged at home, that should have been our goal since 2007. It doesn't matter how far-fetched the thought might have been, but setting meek goals will never get us anywhere. To be the best you have to aim to beat the best and with a world cup win - no matter how freakish it might be - come good players, good infrastructure and competitive leagues.

Yet no one seems to want to aim for the top. We laid out flat tracks to invite batting powerhouses to come over and steal our wives, instead of creating dust bowls in our basement to tie 'em up and torture 'em with slow bowling. We forgot how to win, went to Europe and lost to teams we're supposed to be better than. Sure, we're finally winning, but what took those idiots in the BCB so long to figure out the solutions to our coaching problems? Why do we still have losers like IK, JS and RH, who clearly don't seem to want to be the best that they can, in the team? Why are we harboring losers, why do we settle for less than what we can get?

A good coach should always inspire his players to become world beaters and with the world cup at home, to go on to win it. I'm no insider but I doubt anyone has ever thought of this, be it the coach himself or the players or anyone in the board for that matter. No one seems to have the vision or want to win badly enough.

So yes, I'm angry, far less analytical and out of patience. So much so that I could, for example, ban offenders with the flick of a finger, without thinking twice (not that I would misuse my...err...privileges, just wouldn't think twice about it). Enough of this crap, enough of all the discussions, enough of who's saying what on which newspaper. I don't give a crap. It's been a decade since the ODI status and I want the world cup, because nothing else really matters.

Old October 16, 2010, 12:57 AM
Administrator

This deserves thread of its own - will move it
Old October 16, 2010, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

And the Azrael's shinga like avy matches perfectly with this thomthoma atmosphere. Khaise amare.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Default :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
And the Azrael's shinga like avy matches perfectly with this thomthoma atmosphere. Khaise amare.
It seems more like a biyer shanai, uni nijei bajacchen >=D!
(j/k)*mb run away*
Old October 16, 2010, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I share the same opinion ATMR ............ Although Don't need to add any more words ...... We are just a laid back nation ... We need examples set by others to believe it can be done and we need a shephard to drive us to our goals. We haven't yet learnt to set goals and find our own ways to achieve it.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What a rep. If I opened a thread right now, it most likely tod get merged and become a post. And you post and it becomes a thread
Old October 16, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well then i guess i am a retarded emotional fool!no matter what this team does,how many times i swear not to follow them anymore,i always end up following them anyways...
Old October 16, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Good post Asif. You spoke many ppl's mind in few words.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Asif bhai I too am frustrated, angry and heartbroken, very well written, i like the way you think.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
It seems more like a biyer shanai,
Your comment remind me of a member named Orpheus on this forum. Good Job!!!

Whenever I am angry, i just beat my wife...btw you guys should try it.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

^ You remind me of Dipjol.
Old October 16, 2010, 01:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Your comment remind me of a member named Orpheus on this forum. Good Job!!!

Whenever I am angry, i just beat my wife...btw you guys should try it.
anytime i see any of ur post it reminds me of Orpheus
Old October 16, 2010, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

stick to the topic, you guys are making Asif more angrier....

I do think our progress has been very slow but many bad decisions have been taken that set us back good 5 to 6 years. Though I like Asif's inspirational jharu pitani writing styles, i do'nt agree with him that you should aim high.
Old October 16, 2010, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This deserves thread of its own
Why?

A series win make everyone angry all of a sudden that why it didn't come earlier? Anything we did different on this series from previous ones?

Something is going right no matter how angry all of you are...I call that progress!
Old October 16, 2010, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Sorry bro, can understand your frustrations, but your rant is a bit OTT.
There are many things like infrastructure, standard of first class cricket, etc which you has to improve. You can't just blame the coach for not motivating and all that crap.

Show me a few players who averages over 50 in the FC cricket? And you expect them to become run machines against international teams?

I'm not a bangladeshi, so I don't have much say in this regard. Just stating my opinion here.
Old October 16, 2010, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
There are many things like infrastructure, standard of first class cricket, etc which you has to improve. You can't just blame the coach for not motivating and all that crap.

Show me a few players who averages over 50 in the FC cricket? And you expect them to become run machines against international teams?

I'm not a bangladeshi, so I don't have much say in this regard. Just stating my opinion here.
like you said: nail meets hammer!
Old October 16, 2010, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Top post. Thanks.
For such a long time i have lost my interest to follow Bd cricket because of those loser mentality and not knowing to set ambitious targets or goal as mention by ATMR.

After playing over a decade professional cricket and having good coaches and training why we need to worry to lose against semi-professional team like Ireland/Netherlands every time we play them. We should just beat the crap out of them. Upset can happen but it seems every time we play them outside our contidion we give them extra credits and lose few matches in pathetic and helpless manner.

Goal to win the world Cup should have been set the day its decided it will be in our backyard or few yards away in ind/sri. You may say its unrealistic or i am overly optimistic but that would have been the right path and targets for officials, coaches, players what they need to achieve. We had enourmous amount of time. We saw great examples in underdog team like Srilanka, Pakistan at their time won the WC against all odds. They had Imran, Ranatunga like "Mastan" leader and We have Sakib. Target oriented coaches like Fountain, pont should hav been hire long before.

Now...we already won the series against kiwis, make it 4-0 and let Vettory, Gayle and co.. dont you dare to dream to win the World Cup in our backyards. Jamie Siddons should declare " We just want the WC, it should be ours. You want it?, fight for it". Signal the giant Ind/Aus to prepare to face the wrath of savertooth tiger. As for Ire/Sco/Netherlands openly declare we will smash you like worms.

Man, i am so pumped up to see tomorrow's GreenWash.
Old October 16, 2010, 04:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

When I was 18/19 and watching England play Pakistan and Aussies on BBC (those days it was free to watch). I never thought in my lifetime I would watch Bangladesh play international cricket against top tier teams.

Our chance came in 1999 thousands turned up to support Bangladesh against New Zealand in Chelmsford for first game Bangladesh played in World Cup, It was an emotional day. We lost that game but everyone was happy to see their country man taking part in an international event. I can proudly say I was there.

But everyone was waiting for the Pakistan game. I could never get the ticket as it was sold out on the first day it came on the market even the indian game did not sell that fast. Luckily one of family friend who had a ticket but could not go because of business commitment gave me his ticket for free. I was a lucky man to have watched that famous win from the crowd.

I can understand since given the full membership Bangladesh took a lot of time to come where they are now.

I myself gave up on Bangladesh Cricket after 2003 WC. Thanks to WC 2007 and off-course discovering Banglacricket.com has revived my enthusiasm for Bangladesh Cricket.

In ten years of full mebership Bangladesh have improved, everyone knows that let see where they take us in next 10 years.

I am not giving up.
Old October 16, 2010, 05:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

too much bangla cinema
Old October 16, 2010, 05:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

This Post could have been huge HIT if it had been written few years back.

I am sorry to say, for last couple of months Bangladesh has been playing good except odd lost against ireland and netherland. If losing against Ireland and netherland makes you sad, then dnt forget, even pakistan lost against Ireland and England lost against Netherlands in recent times.

But if you see overall progress, i would say, Bangladesh has improved a lot compare to other Test playing countries in recent times. Patience is the key, my friend. Dnt give up on our boys yet. They all are still early 20s. Let them play for few years more. I am sure, Tamim and Shakib Co. wont disappoint you.
Old October 16, 2010, 05:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I understand what some of the fans saying here. They find the thread irrelevant when BD is on a winning momentum. This is clearly understandable.

On the other hand, Asif has some very good points. His main anger is why don't we have killer mentality? It's absent in almost every where except in the mind set of a few players. Our board cannot think big, so does our team management and coaches. This is the reason the infrastructure hasn't improve and probably won't improve much in near future. Only a few players like Shakib, Tamim are trying to change the trend. They are bad boys who dare to dream out of the box.

Why don't we have any proper infrastructure even after 10 years of having test status?
Why our board had to wait such a long time to get some good bowling and fielding coach?
Why doesn't the head coach dream big?
Why the infrastructure for the world cup is still not 50% finished? (I have a great fear in ending up like Delhi Commonwealth games)
Why the same corrupt persons in the board are keeping their chairs in every govt? Definitely every govt is benefited by their corruption otherwise I don't see any other reason.
Why player hunting programs like pacer hunt is stopped?
How far is cricket decentralization? Where is big mouth Lota?

I may add a lot more things in the list. But I lost interest.

We have to understand that improvement without proper planning doesn't take far. It's true that we are improving. But the improvement won't take us far with such poor planning, mentality and corruption.
Old October 16, 2010, 05:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We have to understand that improvement without proper planning doesn't take far. It's true that we are improving. But the improvement won't take us far with such poor planning, mentality and corruption.
I understand what you meant. But unless players dnt perform on the field, you cant expect Board officials to change their long practiced trend of corruption and poor planning. It has to be players who will push officials to change their poor mentality and corruptions.

Look at other countries. Most of the players have upper hand on their board officials because the board is earning huge amount based on players performance. Since Bangladesh was not performing well, these BCB officials didnt feel urge to change themselves. They were happy to continue their crappy work and to get paid. Only Saber Hossain was exceptional in this regard.

Now, as shakib, tamim are playing good, they can push officials to work harder for their betterment. What i want to say is that, its players who have to demand more and more for better infrastructure including field, talent hunt, domestic leagues etc. and make them work.

Its our bad luck that most of the BCB officials are bureaucrat who are not devoted into cricket. We need another Salah Uddin (BFF President) in BCB to make progress faster.
Old October 16, 2010, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I have been a frustrated and many times a happy fan, but never angry. I like the BD team because of their spirit, I think that they have guts to take on the big teams of the world.
Old October 16, 2010, 07:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

Quoting your post because my reaction to the thread is almost similar to yours.

There are lot be frustrated about the improvement of cricket as a whole in our country over the last 18 years. But we have to have the practical scenario of Bangladesh (everything - social, political, economical) in mind as well. At least we are surely going forward in cricket compare to other aspects in Bangladesh.
Old October 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
Administrator

I have to agree with ATMR here. yes, I am frustrated. Yes, I am angry. I am angry because we could have been where we are today many years ago. Nobody here has given up. We have been, are and will be Bangladesh cricket fans no matter what.

We tend to be too forgiving.

Where's the anger?

Where's the anger at all the corrupt politicos and sport officials that run our sports to the ground?
Where's the anger at the coaches who set the bar so low?
Where's the anger at some of the players for their frail ego? Walking off from training at the drop of a hat?

Grow a pair.
Aim high.

Win.