facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 5, 2004, 11:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Early days...a trip down memory lane

I was looking at the scorecard of the ACC match that fwullah linked here.

It brought back so many memories of earlier days. Just read the following line up:

Shariar Hussain
Harunur Rashid

Aminul Islam
Akram Khan
Khaled Mashud
MD Rafiq
Saiful Islam
Sajan Choudhary
Anisur Rehman
Seikh Salauddin

Do you remember the days when Anisur Rehman and Sajal Choudhury were our premier pace bowlers?

Do you remember our tense last over defeat to India 'A' (or was it SL 'A') where Anis decided not to run out the non-striker because he wanted to be an honorable sportsman?

Do you remember the time when Aminul Islam and Akram Khan walked ontop the pitch the viewers would feel that our most dependable batsmen were at the crease? Some of us would cheer everything these two did no matter how pitiful.

Do you remember Athar Ali's 89 against Pakistan - at that time the highest score by a BD batsman?

Those were wonderful days. They were days of innocence and naivety. There was no pressure of test status hanging over our heads. Any positive preformance received our wholehearted support and we were proud of any signs of progress.

Things have changed so much!
Old February 6, 2004, 12:17 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Are you talking about Atahar Ali's 89 against Pakistan in the 97 Asia Cup in an ODI match? I remember that.

I remember Aminul and Akram's days.

I remember that in one match in SAARC tournament, Bangladesh beat India 'A' consisting of the present star players Saurav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid, and then in the next match, Bangladesh was expected to win against Pakistan 'A' that included Wasim Akram because of the earlier win against India 'A', but then Bangladesh could not win that match defending, as Wasim Akram scored 1 run in the last ball of the 50th over and Rafique was bowling. (Rafique was bowled in the last match against India 'A' and won that match).

Back in those SAARC trophy days, I only used to recognize Atahar Ali watching on BTV (there used to be so poor camera work back then that a batsman's face was not shown properly) because he was taller than the rest of the batsman.
Old February 6, 2004, 03:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

akram khan, our one true very stong batsman. i would like to see bigs in the team like him.