facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2015, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^here starts the hyping. scores a 50 and all of a sudden the most complete batsmen in Bangladesh.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Undoubtedly, the most complete bat in the Bangladesh side. Mashaa Allah. I have not seen anyone like him before in our cricket. I think this lad is even better than Mushy in terms of technique, skills, temperament, application and attitude. I have said it many times before Sabbir is a genuine batsman and not just a finisher. He should be handled extremely carefully. We have a very special cricketer here.

Right now, in our next match we must drop Momin and every one moves up one slot higher (what I have always advocated for) and Nasir bats after Sabbir. Simple and basic stuff.
Mushy > Sabbir, for now.

What the future holds will be fun to see.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:52 AM
Cricket Sage

He is a good fielder, can eventfully be a effective part-time bowler. If get some runs, I am hopping it will make him a more confident player and help him play more confidently without the worry to be dropped. There is room for both (Sabbir and Nasir) in the team.
Old February 26, 2015, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

It's about consistency for him, has all the right elements to be successful.
Old February 28, 2015, 02:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Video clip

Shabbir's 50 against SL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXX1ucmqeE
Old February 28, 2015, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Undoubtedly, the most complete bat in the Bangladesh side. Mashaa Allah. I have not seen anyone like him before in our cricket. I think this lad is even better than Mushy in terms of technique, skills, temperament, application and attitude. I have said it many times before Sabbir is a genuine batsman and not just a finisher. He should be handled extremely carefully. We have a very special cricketer here.

Right now, in our next match we must drop Momin and every one moves up one slot higher (what I have always advocated for) and Nasir bats after Sabbir. Simple and basic stuff.
Bhai Polata ke koi akta century marte den before showering him with gold. Anamul was showered with so much praise aswell ... look at where he is now.
Old February 28, 2015, 04:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Kohli

Sabbir does not seem like a finisher to me. He seems more like a middle-order batsmen. The technique and temperament is there. He needs to work on it and become more confident. That half-century would have definitely helped him.

Add to that, he is a great asset to our fielding department.
Old February 28, 2015, 04:34 AM
Cricket Guru

He's got the qualities to be able to finish as well, we saw it in his first innings when he got that 40 odd, think it's just about experience and learning his game in and out, seems to have similar qualities to mike hussey in this regard imo, by that I mean he's not an out and out power hitter but he has enough power coupled with timing to clear the rope regularly or hit those 4s and not just power but thinks where he needs to hit the ball to get the runs, but he also has the ability to knuckle in and play a good long innings knocking the ball around.
Old February 28, 2015, 05:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Our Finishers

Looks like our finishers are finished 😂😂
Old February 28, 2015, 05:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

In shAllah we are finally gonna see Sabbir-Nasir together. Will be another version of Shakib-Mushi InshAllah
Old February 28, 2015, 06:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

Sabbir is awesome. Yall not to stop with the haterade.
Old February 28, 2015, 06:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Bhai Polata ke koi akta century marte den before showering him with gold. Anamul was showered with so much praise aswell ... look at where he is now.
Bhaiyya, shudhu century i ki talent jachai er ekmatro mapkathi? We are not saying Sabbir is already a great player. WHAT we are saying is that he has all the qualities to be one. Now, rest almost depends on Sabbir and how he is managed.

As for Anamul, not EVERONE showered him with praise. In fact, many predicted his imminent failure due to his terrible footwork. We must learn to treat each case/ball on its merit. Batsman A was a "loser" doesn't mean Batsman B will also be a "loser". It's not logic. It's not cricket.
Old February 28, 2015, 12:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I'm happy for Sabbir & wish him all the best, I had doubts & made fun of him but so far it looks like he is a good find for us, let's hope he doesn't struggle too long like NAsir & Bijoy.
Old March 2, 2015, 07:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Energetic Shabbir might play in the middle order...

http://www.24livenewspaper.com/site/...lyinqilab.com/
Old March 2, 2015, 08:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Who's spot will he take? Riyad's? If that's the case I hope nasir gets a chance to bat lower down instead of riyad being pushed back down the order or mominul getting more chances.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Who's spot will he take? Riyad's? If that's the case I hope nasir gets a chance to bat lower down instead of riyad being pushed back down the order or mominul getting more chances.
Riad 3 Mushy 4 Shakib 5 Shabbir 6 Nasir 7 Mash 8 shafi 9 Rubel 10 & Taijul 11..howz that sound?
Old March 2, 2015, 09:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Riad 3 Mushy 4 Shakib 5 Shabbir 6 Nasir 7 Mash 8 shafi 9 Rubel 10 & Taijul 11..howz that sound?
I'd prefer mushy at 3 but I've pretty much given up hope that that will happen anytime soon, certainly not this World Cup, don't really see what riyad has done to get pushed up to 3 but would prefer him at 3 to mominul And definitely prefer him at 3 to 6 or lower with all these teams scoring 300+ (can't afford to have riyad in the lower order).
Old March 2, 2015, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

If there is a choice between Riyad and Sabbir at top 4 ( 3 or 4), I would rather have Sabbir. He can take singles, but he can also hit big when set.

Separate issue: In Happy & Rubel telephone conversation, in one part she mentioned some of the players are also her FB friend, and then in another part she mentioned sabbir as someone who is her FB friend. I hope this not the same Sabbir. The last thing he need in this stage of his career is spending time with wrong type of friends.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shak,gazi,mush

At this moment, we can try anyone anywhere. on paper the team look superb, but there's the Tamim factor, shabbir can come in at number three, to put some sense into the head of Tamim. Number three is the spot to focus on. Make it your won Shabbir.