facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default Shakib Not happy ...

'I was not prepared for captaincy' - Shakib Al Hasan

Shakib Al Hasan has expressed unhappiness at having the Bangladesh captaincy thrust upon him, and at not being given a free hand with selection following the nine-run defeat in the first one-dayer against Zimbabwe in Mirpur. Shakib, who had earlier turned down leadership of the side, was forced to take over from Mashrafe Mortaza when the seamer injured himself at the start of the New Zealand series. Shakib impressed, both as captain and player, as Bangladesh won that series 4-0. Despite Mortaza's return, he was asked to continue as captain for the Zimbabwe one-dayers.

"I was not prepared to take the job [captaincy]," Shakib said after the defeat. "And I am also not satisfied with my role as a captain. The reasons are numerous, and I cannot detail all of them right at the moment."

Bangladesh's problems against Zimbabwe began when their seam attack, led by Mortaza, allowed the visitors to get off to a strong start despite conditions that aided the new ball. Their fielding was also substandard, with the Zimbabwe openers surviving several run-out opportunities. Bangladesh's spinners then brought their side back into the game, dismissing Zimbabwe for 209, but the batsmen - barring Shakib who top-scored with 63 - collapsed in a rash of poor strokes and run-outs.

Shakib hinted that he was saddled with a XI that he did not completely agree with. "The captain should have a clearly defined role, but anyway I don't want to talk about the team. What I can say is that I gave my 100 % as a captain in the field.

"Fielding-wise we could not expect more from this team because we had two good fielders in Raqibul Hasan and Naeem Islam out of the team. Those who were in the team are not capable. Actually we can't expect more from this team as they did what they are capable of."

Raqibul played in the New Zealand series, but made way for Mohammad Ashraful who was given yet another opportunity to revive his flagging international career. Ashraful was a part of the batting failure in Mirpur, a recurring problem that Shakib felt had bogged the team down even in the New Zealand series.

"Ordinary batting was the main reason [for the defeat]. The simple thing is we didn't bat well though the wicket was really good for batting in the second innings. In the end, one can lose the match but the fact was that we played poor cricket today.

"We didn't bat well against New Zealand too and it's really worrying that we have batted badly five matches in a row. We will lose more matches if we play like this."

source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/490108.html
Old December 2, 2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

I agree with Shakib. Why are the selectors playing with his head? He can't do any bad in captaincy than Ashrafool, then why is he not being given a long term captaincy? Anyone would get angry by the stupid BCB peoples attitude.

Shakib hinted NAEEM and RAKIBUL are much better feilder. means he doesnt fancy ASH or Junaid in the team!!! ??

I AM ALL 100% with SHAKIB, I think he should be part of selection just like VETTORI as he knows each and every player during the match better than anyone else.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

‘আমার দলটা আমার ভেতরেই থাকল...’

Quote:
সাকিব: খুবই কঠিন...আসলে দল নিয়ে আমার কথা বলতে আজকে (গতকাল) ভালো লাগছে না, সত্যি কথা। দল বাদে কোনো প্রশ্ন...।
Quote:
এই দল নিয়ে যদি আপনি সন্তুষ্ট না হয়ে থাকেন, তাহলে আপনার দলটা কী হবে? কাদের থাকা উচিত ছিল?
সাকিব: (হাসি) আমার দলটা আমার ভেতরেই থাকল...।
মাঠে অধিনায়কের মতোই খেলে আসা সাকিব যে মাঠের বাইরে অন্য মানুষ হয়ে গেলেন, সেটার দায় কি তাঁকে অনুরোধে ঢেঁকি গেলানো বিসিবিরও নয়?
Old December 2, 2010, 08:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Shakib may be right but he should have dealt with team selection for second match internally without going to media. This is serious lack of maturity and will create division in the team and also piss everyone in the management. May be BCB didnt give him permanent captaincy because of his immaturity. But you can't expect better when a FF like Loita Kamal drives BCB. So the real solution was to work within the system even if it is a broken system.
Old December 2, 2010, 08:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

I just read this on cricinfo as well. I think Shakib is correct but I am not so sure about the timing of his comments. Should he be saying this right at the star of the series after just losing one game? Why is the board reluctant to give him more power to make decisions on the selection level when obviously our chief selector is an ignorant moron??? How can we, as a combined and organised group, do to change the way BCB works?? This is very very frustrating being a die hard fan of BD cricket. VERY!
Old December 2, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Well i dunt think anybody is happy with Ash's return. So much could have been fixed.... 10 more runs and we wouldve won. 1 less missed runouts and we wouldve had 10-15 less runs. Ash should be replaced by nafees and the reason being, we need a hard hitter. Our team is full of defensive morons! Mushy needs to go....like period. He is probably the worst wicket kipper in international cricket for any team! We should try Jahirul who is both consistent with batting and is a good keeper. Imrul needs to step up and not leave the scoring to Tamim!
Old December 2, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

If he is not happy then why did he take it? Nobody can force him to take it.
Old December 2, 2010, 12:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

coz he cares about Bangladesh. He knows there is not a single player who can be a decent cap.
Old December 2, 2010, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
If he is not happy then why did he take it? Nobody can force him to take it.
I think that's the motive of the BCB. They want to push Shakib to an extent where he comes out and outrightly rejects the captaincy. That way BCB gets to save its skin and tell the public that they offered Shakib the captaincy but he didn't accept it.

Quote:
coz he cares about Bangladesh. He knows there is not a single player who can be a decent cap.
Then why keep on bitching about it?

For me it has gone on long enough. Eff Shakib and Mashrafe and give it to someone else on a long-term basis.
Old December 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Errr.. Probably coz he doesn't get the squad he wants? Isn't it quite obvious that he's not happy with the team selection? When you've to do all the dirty work and the idiots around you screw things up for you, his frustration is understandable.
Old December 2, 2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

For me it has gone on long enough. Eff Shakib and Mashrafe and give it to someone else on a long-term basis.
he is not bitching around. He is saying it in media like a REAL TIGER. and anyone with guts and brave quality will do that. At-least he has shows more patience already than I wouldve.
And he has all the reason for it, Its not that he is only doing this as his JOB, he is doing this for his country too and he has all the right to cuss or slap anyone who comes on the way to improvement/development/establishment in anything.
Old December 2, 2010, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

This must have been going on for a while. I'm surprised one loss to Zimbabwe (who are still quite competitive) could cause such a big fallout.
Old December 2, 2010, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
he is not bitching around. He is saying it in media like a REAL TIGER. and anyone with guts and brave quality will do that. At-least he has shows more patience already than I wouldve.
And he has all the reason for it, Its not that he is only doing this as his JOB, he is doing this for his country too and he has all the right to cuss or slap anyone who comes on the way to improvement/development/establishment in anything.
Essentially what he said was that minus SN and Rokibul we are not capable of beating Zimbabwe. That is an outrageous statement and I think captaincy is draining him mentally. Has he forgotten that we beat New Zealand 4 - 0 without Tamim and Mashrafe? I just think we should rule him out from captaincy. Mashrafe as well. This is going on for too long and it will end up damaging Shakib psychologically.

Last edited by Equinox; December 2, 2010 at 04:01 PM..
Old December 2, 2010, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

This is one of the reason i dunt want him as a captain. A captain cannot have these kind of attitudes. He can't just directly through out stuff like "this player wouldve been better" he is a captain! he needs to treat everyone equally and not let his personal life conflict with it. I dunt care if ash is bad or junaid is bad or mash is out of form. you cant say u dunt want certain players in the team. That is very selfish. True that ash sucks and junaid is out of form and mash is just returning from injury. But every single of those players proved themselves to earn a spot. Ash's performance at NCL was better than Shakib, Junaid played some quality cicket early this year, and Mash have been our top pacer for like last 6-7 years!!! You need to respect them.

if he didnt wanted to be a captain than why did he take it? he is just making excuses here. But i dunt see why because he played well. Right now saying he doesnt want to be captain at the middle of the series is stupid and i dunt understand how thats being a "TRUE TIGER"
Old December 2, 2010, 05:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

this guy has balls!
Old December 2, 2010, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
this guy has balls!
If he really had balls, he wouldn't have botched about captaincy
Old December 2, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
If he really had balls, he wouldn't have botched about captaincy
He has thrice the balls that Mashrafe has.
Old December 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
He has thrice the balls that Mashrafe has.
He is the one that returned from so many injuries and keeps trying...... That's all I can say
Old December 2, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
He is the one that returned from so many injuries and keeps trying...... That's all I can say
Trying is not enough. He must try harder & bowl faster. That's all I can say.
Old December 2, 2010, 05:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

ASH and MASH should be sacked from team for GOOD!
Old December 2, 2010, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

problem is Mashrafee is not even match fit let alone captain fit...

Shakib's situation is like, BCB made him the captain (forced/convince him) and experimenting with the team at their will.

From a perfomance point of view Ashraful should not be in the team, and Rubel should have played over Mashrafee.... this is the truth but think of the drama if Shakib said this himself....
Old December 2, 2010, 08:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Just play the same team that white-washed NZ, just add Tamim, we shall win 4-1.
Old December 2, 2010, 09:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I just want to point it again:

Quote:
"We didn't bat well against New Zealand too and it's really worrying that we have batted badly five matches in a row. We will lose more matches if we play like this."
Hasina, plot ferot nibi - naki na?
Old December 2, 2010, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Interesting to find that LKamal is actually backing him up.
Old December 3, 2010, 04:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Nayeem and Rock are Shakib's closest friends in the team ofcourse he wont be happy!