facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

it is very much possible to beat India. They have been playing non stop cricket since God knows when. They will be tired after SA tour and our players will be fresh after a long break. Its going to be a very interesting battle. Cant wait!!!
Old December 17, 2010, 01:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

its gonna be tough match specially with batsmen like Gambhir virat kohli and dhoni are good one day players and hitters of the ball the baler need to do some research on the weak-point and bowl them out accordingly .
Old December 17, 2010, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ফাহমিদা আপা বলেই সকল শুভ কামনা।
Old December 17, 2010, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
0.2 Khan to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, oh what a beautiful shot! Lovely cover drive. On the up. High elbow. All along the ground. Wide of mid-off. Straight of extra cover. Where are the photographers?

Bangladesh going to murder India today!
a comment like that doesn't exist on cricinfo

unless you get hired by cricinfo Anher bhai

Congratulations Fahmida apu!

we are with you all the way!
Old December 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
^exactly, to beat India we need solid batting from at least 3 batters.
u mean quick solid innings?we get solid innings from poeple like rok and JS with a miserly SR of 60ish
Old December 19, 2010, 04:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Old December 19, 2010, 04:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Paul is dead, but I believe you Nadim.

Btw, was checking suggestion thread and Zee as always, digged this gold for us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Admins/mods we may soon need something similar to this great thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=18934
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Toss kobe/kokhon/kothai hobe?

Somebody murdered and ate Paul!
Old December 19, 2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
  • India will be extra cautious in winning the first World Cup Match. So, Bangladesh will have to play their best cricket ever to beat India. Even after that, Bangladesh will not be able to beat India - 2nd time around in a World Cup match.
  • In order for Bangladesh to beat India, coonsidering the above fact, Dhoni will have to declare himself unfit for the match, and not be included in the team.

pipilikhar pakha gojai moribar tore..............india from the world cup 2011... ......keep going tigers, we all with u.
Old December 20, 2010, 04:44 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
  • India will be extra cautious in winning the first World Cup Match. So, Bangladesh will have to play their best cricket ever to beat India. Even after that, Bangladesh will not be able to beat India - 2nd time around in a World Cup match.
  • In order for Bangladesh to beat India, coonsidering the above fact, Dhoni will have to declare himself unfit for the match, and not be included in the team.
India will not only be extra cautious, they will be bit nervous too. And that is where Bangladesh will be in better position. Being extra cautious might back fire. If BD can play their best cricket and Tamim fires on the day another win over India is not unlikely.
After all we know "Pocha shamokei to pa kate". I am not willing to accept at the moment "Bangladesh will not be able to to beat India - 2nd time around in a World Cup match."
Old December 20, 2010, 09:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

^vai apni ki still BD ke pocha shamuk bolben?..if bd beats ind again this time..it wont be a fluke
Old December 21, 2010, 02:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Prediction kaira luv nai. Dua korben, jeno all 11 Bangladeshi players perform 120% on that day from beginning to end. Inshallah amra jitai jabo.
Old December 21, 2010, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Khela besh jome uthuk ei dua ebong asha kori!
Old December 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Losing Mash will be a setback for us no doubt, but we also have to keep in mind that we still have enough firepower left to humble India one more time. Can you smell the blood Tigers?

Last edited by Habib; December 21, 2010 at 03:14 PM..
Old December 21, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mash was the MoM in both wins vs India,hope he comes back somehow.
Old December 22, 2010, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

conspiracy theory will play a big role...can we reverse it...result is already determined...can we bring our glory and pride to defeat the "reality"
Old December 22, 2010, 11:11 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Mash was the MoM in both wins vs India,hope he comes back somehow.
Since Mash may not play in the match, we need Rubel or Shafiul to step up. Although we might be overestimating India's ability to play spin, they certainly have weakness against the short rising deliveries.
Old December 22, 2010, 04:46 PM

Hello! Welcome to the Bangladesh v India game. I am Sriram Veera, and along with George Binoy, shall bring you the proceedings today.

Toss Dhoni has won the toss and has choosen to bat. Shakib said at the toss that he hopes to restrict India to 280.

No humidity compared to previous match. No dew on the ground, so not much advantage of starting at 9:30. More even covering of grass on the strip. It's dry grass and a bit of bounce which will suit both batsmen and bowlers. Not much turn expected. All in all, a perfect ODI pitch, high-scoring.

Some interesting stats from HR Gopalakrishna (HRG) India and Bangladesh are meeting for the second time in the World Cup.
This will be Sachin Tendulkar's 35th World Cup appearance, the most by an Indian, and will overtake Javagal Srinath.

Dhoni is the 6th captain to lead India in a World Cup. The others are Azharuddin (23 games), Kapil Dev (18), Ganguly (11) and Venkatraghavan (6). Azhar owns theworld record for the most captaincy assingments in World Cup games.

Robin Uthappa, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Munaf Patel are making their World Cup debuts. For Bangladesh, except Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafee Mortaza, the rest are making their WC debuts.

Bangladesh cricketers will wear a black band today in honour of lota Kamal, ex BCB dokholder as he has returnes to his old lota business due to lack of interest in cricket. I know the Bangladesh cricketing fraternity and the fans are deeply upset with the news. Banglacricket.com is the place to visit if you are a Bangladeshi fan.

Cricinfo Magazine, which brings together the finest cricket writing in the world is now available as a digital download. Click here for a special offer. Click here to try it for free.

From Siddhartha's bulletin, 'Bangladesh decided to leave out Shahadat Hossain and choose Rubel Hossian, the left-arm medium-pacer. He will join Mashrafe Mortaza and in the pace-bowling department. They will rely on their trio of left-arm spinners in the middle-overs - Abdur Razzak's experience complementing Shakib and Shuvo.

Gombhir and Virender Sehwag are in the middle. It will be Mortaza who will have the first go at the Indians. Two slips in place for Gombhir. All set. Drum rolls... please ...Here we go.

Mashrafe Mortaza to Gombhir, 1 wide, Wide called. Harsh call. Banged in short, it whizzed, at above waist-high, just outside the leg stump.

Mashrafe Mortaza to Gombhir, no run, Fuller, on the middle and off stump line, Ganguly leans forward, pushes it out to the cover region.

Mashrafe Mortaza to Gombhir, 1 wide, Another wide. Again pretty close to the leg stump. Another delivery that was short in nature. Ganguly shuffles across, tries to tickle but fails.

Mashrafe Mortaza to Gombhir, 1 run, Drama. Very quick single. Ganguly drops the ball in front of him in the off side and they set off. Sehwag responds and rushes across. The fielder from cover rushes in, swoops on the ball, Sehwag almost collides with him and jumps into the crease. The bails are off. Sehwag's feet - he doesn't ground his bat, he just jumped into the crease- are in. The collision didn't allow him to ground the bat. It is refered upstairs, not out is the verdict. Meanwhile Ganguly also collides with the the bowler at the other end!

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, 1 no ball, Two wides and now a no-ball. On the off stump line, guided to point

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, no run, In the channel outside off, left alone

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, 2 runs, Sehwag is up and away. A length-delivery on the pads, clipped past square leg.

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, no run, He is taking a middle stump guard. Moves back - not that much, but slightly, and across, and pushes a length delivery on the off stump away

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, no run, Mortaza finishes on a high. A beauty. It landed on the off stump line, on a length and held its line, Sehwag pushes at it and ends up playing inside the line.

End of over 1 (6 runs) India 6/0 (RR: 6.00)
V Sehwag2* (5b)Mashrafe Mortaza1-0-6-0
Gombhir1* (2b)
More from HRG: This is India 56th World Cup game. They have the toss on 26 occasions.

Rubel Hossian to Gombhir, no run, Jaffa! RBX teases the outside edge. legcutter that lands on a perfect length, around off stump, sucking Gombhir into a lame prod before it left him.

Rubel to Gombhir, no run, A nervous flash outside off. Slightly short and a touch wide outside off, Gombhir decides rather late to play a stroke, has a flash and misses.

Rubel to Gombhir, no run, fuller, comes in with the left-armer's angle, pushed back down the track

Rubel to Gombhir, no run, pitched on a length, around off stump line, shaped away and Gombhir moves into line, pushes it out into the cover region

ONly Tendu can save Team India, says a banner!

Rubel to Gombhir, no run, Out in the middle Gombhir moves behind the line of a length-delivery on the off stump line and plays it quietly to the off side.

Another woman in the stands is holding a Tendu face mask! He is a popular man.

RBX to Gombhir, no run, On the off stump line again - RBX has been pretty good at that in this over, defended off the front foot

End of over 2 (maiden) India 6/0 (RR: 3.00)
Gombhir1* (8b)Rubel1-1-0-0
V Sehwag2* (5b)Mashrafe Mortaza1-0-6-0

Mashrafe Mortaza to Sehwag, OUT, Gone! Mortaza nails Sehwag! Sehwag's disastrous recent run continues. Perfect offcutter that landed outside off stump, on a good length and cut back in. Sehwag's eyes lit up at what he perceived as width and shaped to cut it. The ball jagged back in, took the inside-edge and crashed into the furniture.
Bangladesh taste first blood.

Old December 22, 2010, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

^ one of the best posts i have read in BC. got me pumped.
Old December 22, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

KP bhai that was one heck of a post. haha You killed it. Specially with the usual mistakes from cricinfo lol
Old December 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

KP That literally made my day.. i was so bored today logging in and out of this forum but that was super cool !.. Kudos to you buddy.
Old December 23, 2010, 12:31 PM

^^^ thank you
Old January 4, 2011, 12:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Are we going to see "Mandira Bedi" in Extraa Innings this time as well ? Believe me,her comments were really entertaining. It'll be more exciting if BD can beat India once again in the game opener.
Old January 4, 2011, 01:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim

Inshallah bd will beat india...
Old January 5, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Does history Repeat ?
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71