facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i unno y people are saying that tamim will bag more $$$than shakib.shakib is the number 1 allrounder in the world for God's sake.india has a lot of good batters and there are the other bideshi ones as well so i dont think tamim will bag much.shakib on the other hand is a very good bowler and his sort of bowling is ideal for indian conditions and he's a great batsman as well.he deserves to get paid more.
however that being said,i don't think our players should take ipl too seriously,they should concentrate on their national duty and perhaps get a county offer and not this money making affair,namely IPL
Old December 21, 2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Apart from the left-handed all-rounder, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza are priced at 100,000 dollars. Eighty-seven other players are also at the 100k level, the prominent names in them being pacemen Morne Morkel and Ben Hilfenhaus.

Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad are among eleven Bangladeshi players to be put under the 50,000-dollar group.
Attn: Mod can you change the title to just "ipl auction"
Old December 21, 2010, 02:20 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i unno y people are saying that tamim will bag more $$$than shakib.shakib is the number 1 allrounder in the world for God's sake.india has a lot of good batters and there are the other bideshi ones as well so i dont think tamim will bag much.shakib on the other hand is a very good bowler and his sort of bowling is ideal for indian conditions and he's a great batsman as well.he deserves to get paid more.
however that being said,i don't think our players should take ipl too seriously,they should concentrate on their national duty and perhaps get a county offer and not this money making affair,namely IPL
There are not that many cricketers in the world who will pass up this kind of money. ($100k is roughly Tk 70 lakh.) However, I strongly feel that IPL will be detrimental to most of our players' development at this stage. I wish they get County call ups and go there. Many of the world's best cricketers matured there.
Old December 21, 2010, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
Shakib is a good bowler thats right. But not in T20. Plus IPL pitches are as flat as highway. Nothing for bowlers.

There will be more buyers for Tamim than Shakib. Tamim is becoming a good brand.
Old December 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Shakib is a good bowler thats right. But not in T20. Plus IPL pitches are as flat as highway. Nothing for bowlers.

There will be more buyers for Tamim than Shakib. Tamim is becoming a good brand.
Tamim is not a good batsman in T20 either mind you :P At the end of the day, Shakib will surely be bought because his allround performance against NZ was televised in India & people there know him now.
Old December 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

there seems to be more players from Bangladesh in the IPL auction list according to daily star.

Read On:

DLF Indian Premier League

For Shakib, bidding starts at $200k

Star Sport Desk
Shakib Al Hasan was among a number of prominent players to be bracketed under the 200,000-dollar base price ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) players' auction to be held in Bangalore on January 8 and 9.
Shakib has been grouped with former India captain Sourav Ganguly, Gautam Gambhir, the Australian trio of Michael Hussey, Doug Bollinger and Dirk Nannes, English batsman Eoin Morgan, Robin Uthappa and Sri Lankan great Sanath Jayasuriya.
Apart from the left-handed all-rounder, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza are priced at 100,000 dollars. Eighty-seven other players are also at the 100k level, the prominent names in them being pacemen Morne Morkel and Ben Hilfenhaus.
Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad are among eleven Bangladeshi players to be put under the 50,000-dollar group.
After being put under different price ranges in the IPL Auction Register, the players' names would be scanned by the different franchises who will decide to put up the names of their desired players during the two-day auction.
Cricinfo reports: In the uppermost reserve price -- 400,000 dollars -- was West Indies legend Brian Lara who might not have played active cricket for four years but he is one of the 21 names to attract the highest base price. Alongside Lara, in the same bracket, are the former Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist, the Indian trio of Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh and IPL first-timers Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Graeme Swann, Michael Yardy and Luke Wright, all part of England's 2010 World Twenty20 winning side.
Brett Lee, Shaun Marsh and Mahela Jayawardene, who all played for Kings XI Punjab, will also enter the auction at the highest base price. They will be joined by other prominent IPL names such as Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Chris Gayle.
The most notable absentees -- in addition to Pakistan's cricketers, who continue to get the IPL cold shoulder -- are some of Australia's biggest current players: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Mitchell Johnson. Andrew Flintoff, who became the most expensive buy in the IPL when Chennai Super Kings signed him for $1.55 million ahead of the second season, has Been left out too. Flintoff had retired from professional cricket last September. Also missing from the 2011 pool is the retired Australian pair of Matthew Hayden and Glenn McGrath, who played in the previous editions of the IPL after ending their careers.
Jacques Kallis and Muttiah Muralitharan, who featured significantly for Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai in the first three seasons, find themselves in the $300,000 bracket. Zaheer Khan and Yusuf Pathan are the big Indian names in that list, which also includes Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Kumar Sangakkara, and Angelo Mathews.
The season is set to go ahead with 10 teams and 74 matches as originally planned, since the BCCI is not likely to move the Supreme Court after it lost High Court appeals against the stay orders granted to the termination of Punjab and Rajasthan. The auction plan sets at rest speculation that the auction would be delayed by the various court cases the IPL is currently fighting.
Old December 21, 2010, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim will fetch a higher price than Shakib because he has performed better against India.

According to the report above there are 16 Bangladeshis in the auction altogether. Lol at SN having a higher base price than Ash.

I don't see anyone other than Tamim and Shakib being picked up. I wouldn't even be surprised if Shakib is ignored once again. His base price will act as a deterrent.

Last edited by Equinox; December 21, 2010 at 03:00 PM..
Old December 21, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no need to debate wether TI will earn more or Sakib,looking at the base price for these 2 players gives us engh idea,doesn't it.
Old December 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
no need to debate wether TI will earn more or Sakib,looking at the base price for these 2 players gives us engh idea,doesn't it.
Yup. Indians valued Shakib for his recent performances. If the Indians remembering what Tamim did to them really played any part, then Tamim would've been bought before Ash & Mash. My prediction- Shakib & Tamim will both get bought with Shak fetching the higher price.
Old December 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Wow vettori is priced 400000$ and Kallis 300000$

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Tamim will fetch a higher price than Shakib because he has performed better against India.

According to the report above there are 16 Bangladeshis in the auction altogether. Lol at SN having a higher base price than Ash.

I don't see anyone other than Tamim and Shakib being picked up. I wouldn't even be surprised if Shakib is ignored once again. His base price will act as a deterrent.
yah..i fear that too..
Old December 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Don't be surprised if Razzak is picked up though.
Old December 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

^nah i wont be surprised..remember he was our 1st player in the ipl
Old December 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Players valued at a reserve price of $400,000
Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee, Shaun Marsh, James Anderson, Kevin Pietersen, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Yuvraj Singh, Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers, Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Brian Lara, Chris Gayle

What a joke......
Old December 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

I really dont want our plsyers to be in IPL.

They will have a better time and education, in county cricket. Shak should continue there and Tamim can also find some team in county.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old December 21, 2010, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Since 7 out of 11 starters will have to be domestic Indian players, and India is full of spinners, all IPL teams will try hard to fill up their 4 foreigner quota with non spinners. Unless they take Shakib as a genuine batsman, Shakib's path is harder than most of his die hard fans think.

In Tamim, the IPL teams might see a younger Viru. I think, Tamim has a much higher chance of getting drafted for the destruction he leaves behind.
Old December 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Since 7 out of 11 starters will have to be domestic Indian players, and India is full of spinners, all IPL teams will try hard to fill up their 4 foreigner quota with non spinners. Unless they take Shakib as a genuine batsman, Shakib's path is harder than most of his die hard fans think.

In Tamim, the IPL teams might see a younger Viru. I think, Tamim has a much higher chance of getting drafted for the destruction he leaves behind.
good point chagol
Old December 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
good point chagol
Old December 21, 2010, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:

R u seriously comparing Sakib with normal Indian spinners? Even harbajan is no match as a spinner........ There are better batsmen than Sakib so he will get in as a bowler....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 21, 2010, 08:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

atleast Sakib got & WUp fifty vs Aussie & 47 odd vs Pak whereas TI never reached to 40s(i guess)
Besides it's true that TI got excellent records against IND but Sak also has 3 ODI fifties agnst them.
If I were the owner of an IPL side I wld hv picked Sak anyday than Tamim.
Old December 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Hayden, Gayle, Gilchrist, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Smith, Kallis, Watson, Jayawardena - These are the players IPL teams rely for opening slot. Though we fans know Tamim can perform but I do not think IPL franchisees will rely on a young Bangladeshi for the most important opening slot in T20. Here goes Tamim's chances.

Sakib has better chances as he is an all-rounder. But he cannot make a cut solely as a batsman or bowler. Sakib has chance if any team is in desperate need of a spinning all-rounder. But again, IPL teams are likely to rely on spinners from India and go for batting all-rounders for foreigners. Sakib's batting can work as negative here.

++Many of the coaches and members of IPL team management are from AUS/SA/ENG. They are likely to consider FC players from AUS/SA/ENG over Bangladeshi players. This is not going to help either.

I do not see Tamim or Sakib getting a team this time also unless they themselves or BCB manage to establish links with any IPL franchisee.
Old December 21, 2010, 11:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Neither Tamim nor Shakib will be picked. Tamim's average and s/r is poor for T20, Shakib on the other hand is priced too high.
Old December 22, 2010, 01:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

IPL is all about glamor and hard hitting T-20. Our players unable to perform in T-20. Just look at their avg in T20. we are good in ODI and getting better in Test and we have done nothing special in T20 yet except that win against WI ages before. So I will be surprised if any team will pick them up. So better satay away from high hope.
May be kapali will get picked because of his ICl fame.
Old December 22, 2010, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad

Shakib has a very good allround records in T20s. Even as a batsman he's miles ahead of Tamim in T20s.
Old December 22, 2010, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:

Then Vettori wouldn't be there at first place, I find Shakib much better bastman than Tamim and Vettori !!