facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2015, 08:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Default What have we learnt from the BAN-IND series

Awesome Mustafiz

A lot has been written about his miracle cutters but to me his strength seems to be his mental strength ........the ability to stay calm and focused despite being a debutant.....the ball inevitable seems to end up at the right place.......I cant recall a single wide so good has he been

Fearless Youngsters

The rise of Shabbir and Nasir adds so much steele our middle order...the bonus is Nasir's accurate bowling. However, our youngsters need to build on the 30s and 40s they are scoring

Liton or Riyad

Liton has underperformed in my opinion and Riyad will undoubtedly get his place back when he returns.....however he has shown glimpses of promise but is still vulnerable to offside bowling

The Masrafee Conundrum

Now this is going to be a bit controversial..........Masrafee is certainly our best captain so far.......an incredible gem to whom we owe a lot.....he has inspired and motivated the youngsters and should be lauded for his determination to keep going despite multiple injuries.........However I feel his place in the team comes at a cost because his bowling is no longer as effective as it used to be ...the last game showed that he is erratic with line and length and continued to release the pressure brought on by Mustafiz.....in addition he not useful with the bat anymore perhaps a quickfire 10 or 15 is ok but he comes in way too early for his batting capabilities.......

What I would say is though there seems to be no good seamer at the moment to replace him given that Al-amin has taken a backward step....but as soon as there is a good seamer around......it may give the management something to ponder over.
Old June 25, 2015, 08:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

As far as Mash the bowler is concerned please check the number of wickets he has taken this year. I am sure he would be among top four Bangladeshi ODI bowlers this year.
Old June 25, 2015, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Raina on BD performance...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...io/891089.html
Old June 25, 2015, 08:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

গতকালকে মাঠে বসে খেলা দেখছি আর ভাবছি বদলে যাচ্ছে কি আমাদের দেশের অনেকদিনের অক্ষত এক সুনাম???
আমরা যখন খারাপ খেলতাম তখনও আমরাই প্রশংসীত হতাম আমাদের দর্শকদের আচরনের জন্য।

এদেশের দর্শক অনেক আন্তরিক, অনেক বেশী বিনয়ী, অনেক বেশী ভালো আর এরা যেকোন দেশের দর্শক থেকে খেলাটাকে বেশী উপভোগ করে।

এ ছিল আমাদের দেশের দর্শকদের নিয়ে বিশ্ব মিডিয়ার মুল্যায়ন।
বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের এক সময়ের কট্টর সমালোচক আথারটন ২০১১ সালে লিখেছিলেন, ""মাত্রই বিশ্বকাপ শুরু হলো। কে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হবে না জানি। তবে ক্রিকেটকে ভালোবাসার দিক দিয়ে বাংলাদেশের সমর্থকেরাই সারা বিশ্বে চ্যাম্পিয়ন।""

কিন্তু আমি কাল খুবি হতাশ মাঠে আমাদের কিছু দর্শকের আচরনে।
রোহিত ভালো ফিল্ডিং দিল (যা ওর দ্বায়িত্ব তার দলের জন্য) ওকে গ্যালারী থেকে গালি( খুবি বাজে) ছোড়া হল, কাগজের প্লেন তাকে উদ্দেশ্য করে ছোড়া হল এমনকি শেষ দিকে বতল আর অল্পের জন্য তাকে স্পর্শ করে নাই। কিন্তু রোহিত দর্শকদের দিকে ফিরে হতাশা মাখা মুখে দু হাত তুলে সেই ইঙ্গিত (এসব কি) টিভি ক্যামেরার চোখ এড়ায় নি।

জাদব বাউন্ডারি লাইনে ফিল্ডিং করছে ওকে গ্যালারী থেকে বেয়াদব বলে স্লোগান তোলা হচ্ছে!!!
সাকিব যখন ব্যাটিং এ এল তখন সাকিব সাকিব স্লোগান ফিকে হয়ে গেল বিরাট কোহলী কে টিপ্পুনি কাটা আনুশকা স্লোগানের কাছে!!!

এছাড়াও নিরাপত্তা কর্মীদের অনেক ততপরতা স্বত্তেও তাদের হিমশিম খেতে হয়েছে কিছু উগ্র দর্শকদের বতল ছোড়া বা প্লেন ছোড়া থেকে বিরত রাখতে!!!

তাহলে কি আমরা সত্যিই হারাতে বসেছি আমাদের বহুদিনের লালিত সুনাম।
না অন্তত এখনই হাল ছাড়তে চাই না।
কারন এরা গুটি কয়েক জন।

আমারা বিশ্ব চ্যাম্পিয়ান হই বা না হই ব্যবহারে চ্যাম্পিয়ান হয়ে থাকতে চাই আজীবন।

#NoOffence plzzz !!

Go TIGERS GO...
Old June 25, 2015, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Negatives:
We tend to overthrow. A lot.
Good batsmen throwing their wickets away after getting decent starts is a worry.
Run outs. Avoid.
Tamim coming down the wicket without getting his eye in. Being aggressive doesn't require you to slog. Ask Soumya.
Mushfiqur - Undoubtedly our best batsman. Undoubtedly one of his worst series in recent times.

Positives:
Mashrafe the captain [regardless of what could/should have been in 3rd ODI]
Mustafizur the bowler. But the tests just begins.
Sabbir has nerves of steel.
Nasir the all rounder. Did very well. Definitely not as big a hitter as Sabbir is. His fielding was amazing!
Litton the keeper - Better anticipation. Perhaps a little too eager, but hey he is new. Can and will only get better hopefully.
Old June 25, 2015, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

We can't chase a big total?
Old June 25, 2015, 09:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Khub bala laglo, I came to after 10 years, lots of things have changed our cricket team is one of them. Watched the first two matches and we won them convincingly, I was overjoyed . Je haaukal korsi amra stadium-o with my friends, je furti hoise.

I couldn't watch the last match as I had to travel back, but I watched the highlights. India seemed to have taken us very lightly in the first two one day matches and we made them pay dearly . However by the third, there seemed to be a lot of bravado and chest thumping from BD players . They seemed to be taking it too easy thinking India would be pushed over again, result we lost focus and our batting kind of stood exposed. I was disappointed at the lack of application from our batsmen.
Our bowling was fine, but I could see that the Indian batsmen had changed their game-plan and had finally realized they need to be serious and play well to beat us.

Impressed with:
Mustafizur
Soumya
Taskin
Nasir Hosain as a bowler(expect more from him as a batsman going forward)

Disappointed with:
Rubel (Expected better)
Tamim
Mush

It was a memorable trip to not sure when I will be back next, but will look forward to it.

South Africa, bring it on.
Old June 25, 2015, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

What we have learned not from only this series, but last few series:

- We are finding a new talent (with high caliber) for every two series (on average) Not bad.
- This team is not afraid to let the players counter attack, regardless how strong the opponent is.
- No longer we are satisfied with 240 target. We are targeting 300, and pretty soon it will be the norm when we bat first.
- We are not afraid to set more attacking fielding.
- The role of the players are now more transparent and clear.
- Major changes are made with-out making much fuss about it.

Of course these are all for ODI (not test)