facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 11, 2015, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish

I hope Liton becomes a better player than Prassana Jayawardene; He got more games because sangakarra decided to skip the gloves in the longer format.

"Offense is taken, not given"

Last edited by aklemalp; August 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM..
Old August 11, 2015, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Mushys wish to keep in test will be in vein. Papon Dada totally against it. Don't think Papon has this much intelligence to figure it out but who ever it is he is giving him some good advice for the team.
Old August 11, 2015, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Mushys wish to keep in test will be in vein. Papon Dada totally against it. Don't think Papon has this much intelligence to figure it out but who ever it is he is giving him some good advice for the team.
You don't need much intelligence to figure out that Mushy shouldn't keep
Old August 11, 2015, 07:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Then I must have to say you grossly under estimated his intelligence. By this time it should be clear that neither he is a dummy as a human being, nor he suddenly became a cricket fan out of no where. Even though he was never a good cricketer,he always loved and followed cricket from his childhood and was closely associated with Abahani.
Old August 11, 2015, 08:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Mushfiqur and others who want to put him back to keeping, take note:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ry/908483.html

Quote:
Being relieved of keeping was the best thing - Sangakkara
Old August 12, 2015, 03:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara, Mike Atherton

I think these guidelines for captaincy by Ian Chappell should be strictly followed by Bangladesh management or at-least Mushy follow these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7UUmT0uEo
Old August 12, 2015, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Rahim is ranked above Cook and Clarke

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...?frame=3405370
Old August 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName

lool clearly that guy saw the results and mushfik's chirping in the field but not the actual matches.
Old August 13, 2015, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lool clearly that guy saw the results and mushfik's chirping in the field but not the actual matches.
Or just pre-match statements of going for a win when we only go in with two bowlers
Old August 13, 2015, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Lol I think the writer confused Mash's captaincy with Mushy's. Too bad Mashrafe is not even in the test team.
Old August 13, 2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Lol I think the writer confused Mash's captaincy with Mushy's. Too bad Mashrafe is not even in the test team.

মুশফিকের অধিনায়কত্ব নিয়ে নানা সমালোচনা থাকলেও পরিসংখ্যান বলছে, টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের তিনিই সবচেয়ে সফল অধিনায়ক। ২০১১ এর অক্টোবর-এ অধিনায়কত্ব পাওয়ার পর বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সর্বোচ্চ ২৪ ম্যাচে অধিনায়কত্ব করে জিতেছেন ৪ ম্যাচে, হার ১১ আর ড্র ৯টিতে। সাফল্যের হার ১৬.৬৬ শতাংশ। তার পরে থাকা হাবিবুল বাশারের সেখানে ৫.৫৫ শতাংশ।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E0%A6%AB

Old August 13, 2015, 10:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

He is successful captain so far but whoever replaces him is gonna b even more successful
Old August 13, 2015, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:

a lot of perception of Bangladesh Cricket has a direct correlation with Bangladesh's recent Success in the past few months no doubt. The image, the perception of Bangladesh as a proper successful cricketing nation albeit some negativity from a few outspoken cricketing pundits, is undoubtedly shifting.

Also, Add to that, Under Mushfiqur's captaincy, Bangladesh has manged to draw against Sri Lanka in Galle and Draw against NZ at home...I mean sure, this was more of a batting effort than anything but in a few occasions Mushfiqur did lead from the front with the bat at least. Therefore, the ranking definitely has some merit.

Captaincy taking into account is resource management(which is why Misbah is ranked #1, and rightly so), on-field decision making and overall results. There is no shade of doubt about the skill level of players who even enters the cricketing field wearing an English or an Australian jersey. Level of expectation is very high when you have a team full of superstars and yet you end up losing a few(why Clarke and a few others rated below Rahim). We should admit that there was a time when Bangladesh's players skills were still at a basic level. Despite all of these factors, Bangladesh has done ok to draw a few tests here and there against the big boys under Rahim. Rahim is ranked high because everyone knows that it is simply unreasonable to expect Bangladesh to win in tests against top opposition. Captains get higher ranking points when they exceed expectations. For instance, Drawing against NZ at home 0-0 was an achievement for Bangladesh at that time.

Mushfiqur no doubt can still improve on many things as many of us has pointed out over and over again. It is high time Bangladesh shift focus on winning test matches not just simply compete for a session or two. I was very encouraged by how Rahim handled the new pacer Mustafizur and Shahid in the recently concluded tests against South Africa, which proves that there is a learning curve. You could see a shift in mentality of how he wants to win rather than just compete. Bangladesh needs to have an extra seam option(3 pacers) to challenge opposition batting lineup.
Old August 13, 2015, 11:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think in world cricket right now, only Mathews is worse than Mushfiq as captain. Amla is crap too.
Old August 13, 2015, 11:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

It's always such a shame when mushy he gets out because for the most part he looks so in control when he's at the crease. He always looks like he's going to score runs but he doesn't play enough of those big innings, needs to learn to cash in on good form and starts.
Old August 14, 2015, 01:52 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

মুশফিকের অধিনায়কত্ব নিয়ে নানা সমালোচনা থাকলেও পরিসংখ্যান বলছে, টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের তিনিই সবচেয়ে সফল অধিনায়ক। ২০১১ এর অক্টোবর-এ অধিনায়কত্ব পাওয়ার পর বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সর্বোচ্চ ২৪ ম্যাচে অধিনায়কত্ব করে জিতেছেন ৪ ম্যাচে, হার ১১ আর ড্র ৯টিতে। সাফল্যের হার ১৬.৬৬ শতাংশ। তার পরে থাকা হাবিবুল বাশারের সেখানে ৫.৫৫ শতাংশ।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E0%A6%AB

this is the ultimate prof that stats can be deceiving..and i did say clearly that guy saw the results of the matches but not the actual matches before he made his article
Old August 14, 2015, 04:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Clarke is an awful test captain, he's no better than rahim, if you see full games of both you can see that, neither have gameplans, just five your best bowler lots of overs, Aus have better bowlers, but Clarke overuses the bowlers and had them limping at the end of the day every day in ashes

Old August 14, 2015, 08:55 AM
BC Editorial Team

Wow, a telegraph piece that deigns to praise the non-white countries! More stats driven than anything else. But it proves what I mentioned to BBC when we won our first test match, against Zim. Nobody will look at whether it was an inexperienced team or a "B" team or whether it rained or whether you were dropped. In the end, a win or draw or a 100 all go in as just that.

Mushy, from an actual competency level is definitely better than Cook or Ramdin and on par with Mathews. Dunno if I'd demote Clarke just like that. I do agree that Misbah deserves way more credit than the average Pakistani is willing to give.
Old August 14, 2015, 09:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

Having said that, it does feel good to be doing well enough to that even a Torey rag like the Telegraph can't ignore us. BTW for those who are new and wonder at my sustained dislike of this newspaper, read the Scyld Berry and Boycott pieces there.
Old August 14, 2015, 11:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Wow, a telegraph piece that deigns to praise the non-white countries! More stats driven than anything else. But it proves what I mentioned to BBC when we won our first test match, against Zim. Nobody will look at whether it was an inexperienced team or a "B" team or whether it rained or whether you were dropped. In the end, a win or draw or a 100 all go in as just that.

Mushy, from an actual competency level is definitely better than Cook or Ramdin and on par with Mathews. Dunno if I'd demote Clarke just like that. I do agree that Misbah deserves way more credit than the average Pakistani is willing to give.
How are you gauging actual competency levels? Mushy only won against Zim. While I think a lot of the hate he gets is just hate,-base unreasoned responses, and Cook, Mathews, and Ramdin to an extent gets to lead better teams than him, they still have much more to show for themselves in terms of results and initiatives
Old August 14, 2015, 11:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mash captained one TEST match. Guess what? He won that game. 100% Success rate. Mushi's won 4 matches out of 24 he captained.

If you don't want to give Mash the credit because he only played few overs, then the credit would go to the stand-in captain Shakib. That would boost his stats to 2 out 9. Which would be better than 4 of 24.
Old August 14, 2015, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bhaat

Don't care about the stats. Mushy is a terrible captain. Move on.
Old August 14, 2015, 01:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad, Lao Tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Having said that, it does feel good to be doing well enough to that even a Torey rag like the Telegraph can't ignore us. BTW for those who are new and wonder at my sustained dislike of this newspaper, read the Scyld Berry and Boycott pieces there.
As Earl of Glastonchury would say: Say what, with what might not?

Then again cricket in the wealds had a more fragile nature than us today since their embryionic 1600s stage, no? Chuckle chuckle...
Old August 22, 2015, 01:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

‘আর দুই ইঞ্চি লম্বা হলে ক্যাচগুলো নিতে পারতাম’

ক্রিকেটে উচ্চতা আসলেই কোন প্রভাব ফেলে কি? শচিন টেন্ডুলকারের মতো কিংবদন্তি ক্রিকেটার থেকে শুরু করে বাংলাদেশের মুমিনুল হক কিংবা মুশফিকুর রহিম কিন্তু এরই মধ্যে উচ্চতা নামক ‘সমস্যা’কে পানি দিয়ে গুলে খেয়েছেন। তারপরেও কি কম ঝামেলায় পড়তে হয়েছে তাদেরকে? পুরনো দিনের সেসব কথায় জানালেন মুশফিক।
Full Story: http://www.priyo.com/2015/Aug/21/163....dd3ZEn9A.dpuf