facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2015, 05:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Gavaska is quite nice fair cricket expert. He does give credit where its due. He has given fair judgement on BD cricket, has nice things to say about BD cricketers Likes of Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Mahmudullah and others, If I remember correctly Gavaskar even spoke in 2009 or 10 series against IND, that Mahmudullah has the technic to bat in the top higher up the batting order, cause Mahmudullah impressed him with bis technic. Shows, that he has better sense and idea than others (cricket experts/pundits)

Gavaskar isnt biased like this other, "expert" (wannabe) Ramiz Raja- I wouldnt even call him expert, more like arrogant typical Pakistani!!.

I reckon, Gavaskar kind of had a feeling that BD will come good, A nation of 160million, soon will later will eventually come good in Cricket. It isnt rocket science. hence I've never seen him speak totally bad of BD cricket team even in pre-2007 when we were poor, or recently 2014 when Asia cup was a disaster, etc.
Always liked Gavaskar; He is one of the best in the cricketing world, in terms of Knowledge of the game. Apart from that, I like his Anti Aussie/English stances, he never misses an opportunity to pull their legs
Old March 11, 2015, 08:38 AM
Banned for 1 month

Another nice and smart commentator is Russell Arnold.
Old March 11, 2015, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushy must bat 4 imo. Need him to play as any balls as possible.
Old March 11, 2015, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib & Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
You have got to be kidding me!!! He's always big talking Sri Lanka. Yes their a great side.... but it just gets a tad boring.
Old March 11, 2015, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I like Sunny Gavaskar and not because he is biased towards us. Its because he, and Harsha Bhogle are the only ones who really know a lot about our cricket and don't consider us minnows.

Most other comms don't even know half as much these 2 do about our cricket. If someone knew a lot about our cricket THEN I would respect their comments, be it positive or negative.
Old March 11, 2015, 10:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

Russell Arnold is just another version of rameez raja. Other commentators I think are in general neutral are Tony cozier, wasim akram, Ian bishop, mpuela mbwanga, when curtly ambrose was a commentator. They I think have always been more supportive of the lower ranked teams and their progress.
Old March 11, 2015, 10:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Soumya,Mullah,Mushy,Taski

Gavaskar has always been a great commentator, liked him always as well as Harsha, they never have much bad things to say about BD cricket team. Always said it as it is

BTW I don't get what's with the sudden hate with rameez raja, he seems bit biased in match vs afghans for sure but otherwise he didn't seem a BD hater ever to me. You guys should have listened to Tom Moody, he clearly has no knowledge of BD cricket, was saying BD team is same as it was ten years ago with no improvement a million times probably, what an ignorant commie, he was still living in 2005 seems like
Old March 11, 2015, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I find him monotonous
Old March 11, 2015, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

He is due a hundred. he is so close and yet so very far, needs to be promoted to #4.(unless he thinks his job is done, then he should get a hundred soon), Riyad parse ami keno parbona ?
Old March 12, 2015, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
He is due a hundred. he is so close and yet so very far, needs to be promoted to #4.(unless he thinks his job is done, then he should get a hundred soon), Riyad parse ami keno parbona ?
Mushfiqer bou bolbe dulabai parse tumi keno parbana
Old March 12, 2015, 02:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Mushfiqer bou bolbe dulabai parse tumi keno parbana
Behind every successful man, there is a woman
Old March 24, 2015, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Hathuri da on Mushy: "Mushfiqur was batting at No. 4, he is my best player. For me he is the unsung hero of the World Cup. His strike rate was over 100 and average was 50. His 89 against England was a turning point.

"Mushfiqur was a key player in Australia where the game would be gone if we lost three wickets in the first ten overs. You can't come back"

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/854407.html

Also a little shot at Shakib?: "Number one is the team, then it is the players," he said. "There's no point in having the world's No. 1 allrounder when we are No. 10 in the rankings. We all have to play as a team.
Old March 24, 2015, 08:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Hathuri da on Mushy: "Mushfiqur was batting at No. 4, he is my best player. For me he is the unsung hero of the World Cup. His strike rate was over 100 and average was 50. His 89 against England was a turning point.

"Mushfiqur was a key player in Australia where the game would be gone if we lost three wickets in the first ten overs. You can't come back"

Also a little shot at Shakib?: "Number one is the team, then it is the players," he said. "There's no point in having the world's No. 1 allrounder when we are No. 10 in the rankings. We all have to play as a team.
not a shot at anyone. a champion team is a better than a team of champions.
Old March 24, 2015, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Mushy has been the teams best batsman for awhile that's why I wish he was utilised more regularly higher up the order so he gets more overs, he is a very versatile batsman and is very effective down the order but how many teams bat their best bat at?

He's a really good candidate for the #3 spot because of his versatility and ability to build an innings, he's the type of batsman who will grind it out if necessary and he always has the ability to accelerate if needed like for example at the end of the innings. Imagine mushy having more overs to be able to build to a hundred and then accelerate at the end to make it a big one, 300+ scores would be much more regular I think.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

should be our captain!!!
Old March 25, 2015, 10:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Anamul, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
should be our captain!!!
There is no denying that he is our most hard working guy and an example to the new young players. But he is not a captain who can lead a team like us. We need some like Mash and after Mash I would like Mahamudullah to be our new captain.
Old March 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

oh no... not again. We have seen that before... we don't want to go through the same path again and again.
Old March 25, 2015, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Dont think its a shot at Shakib, but rather the truth which all Bangladeshi fans should realise. Shakib isnt a top order batsman IMO in ODIs atleast no matter what the rankings say.
Old March 25, 2015, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
should be our captain!!!
Not such a bad idea given the other options. Mahmadullah isnt captain material and Shakib doesnt relish the extra burden of being a captain.
Old March 25, 2015, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

I think if Hathurusinghe has his way Mushfiq will get back the ODI captaincy. Pretty sure he doesn't want Shakib as captain after his antics.
Old March 25, 2015, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Since last WC, He is becoming a big hitter too 31 sixes in 54 games. 2nd best is Bijoy with 16. Tamim and Bijoy have similar stats. Tamim have higher SR (just) but Bijoy have higher average and 2 more centuries than Tamim.

Anyone says that we have not improved, just look at the stats ( Thanks for that BTW!!) . It used to be Ashraful was out best batsmen averaging 20 something and now majority of the players average above 30, some almost reaching 40!!

There is nothing that can be added about Mushfiqur Rahim. If you are trying to buy a kid jersey in front of Dhaka College, it would probably have Mushfiqur Rahim on its back ( literally speaking). He is the BEST batsmen we have produced to date and will become a Bangladeshi legendary player once he retires. Be it Test, ODI or T20, he is the one you can see stabilizing the innings and also hitting any bowler in the world with ease for his trademark six shot at deep midwicket. Don't even compare him with Tamim or Shakib because that would be like comparing apples with Kotkoti..