facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2017, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafizur, Sabbir.

He said we don't have a Virat Kohli in the side. Dude, we don't need a virat kohli. We need a Mahela Jayawardena, Sanga, Misbah, even a Azhar Ali and K Brathwait in the test side. Focus on what you have and build it up. Not many team have a VK, in test it's irrelevant anyway because any good temperamental, technique batsman can score well at test, Nair scored a triple ton! Vk has not yet.

Old February 26, 2017, 05:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Mushfiqur wants to bowl too!.. Why not? সে তো বল ধরার চেয়ে বল ছাড়তেই বেশি উপভোগ করে
Quote:
ইদানীং মুশফিকের উইকেট কিপিং নিয়ে প্রশ্ন উঠছে বারবার। ম্যাচের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সময়ে তাঁর কিছু ভুল তো ম্যাচের গতি পাল্টে দিয়েছে। তাই কথাও উঠে গেছে, কিপিংটা কি আসলেই আর উপভোগ করতে পারছেন? মুশফিক অবশ্য সেসব কথা উড়িয়ে দিচ্ছেন, আবার এটাও বলছেন, দল যেটা ভালো মনে করে সেটাই করবেন, ‘উপভোগ করি তো অবশ্যই। আমার তো বোলিংও করতে ইচ্ছে করে, তাতে যদি দলের আরেকটু কাজে দেয় । এটা সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে কোচ, টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট ও বিসিবি।
http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1090777

Last edited by Anik SH; February 26, 2017 at 07:03 AM..
Old February 26, 2017, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

If he can bowl leg spin i am fine!!
Old February 26, 2017, 09:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Mushfiqur can do whatever he wants. Afterall hes the captain..right?

Go TIGERS GO...
Old February 26, 2017, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBhai
Is it impossible for you to consider that perhaps the captain and the management of the team understands and knows cricket better than you? ... I did watch the entire match and I thought it was the PLAN to let Taijul take most of the strike, to make him face as many balls as possible. It was always a possibility that he would get out, but the plan was, to protect Mushi from the strike as much as possible for the first two hours....

Let me get this straight. Mushfiq is a proper batsman and Taijul is a tail ender. The plan was to let the tailender to face more balls IN THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY than the proper batsman? It takes 2 overs to take tail's wicket. You must have watched the ooo's and aaa's the Indians were doing when the tailenders were swinging and missing. No? Took a coffee break? How about the tactics by Virat allowing singles by the tail enders in the last ball? The bowlers fancy a better chance to get a wicket over whom? Tailenders or proper batsman? 2 hours survival on the other end would never come. Blind faith is dangerous.

If someone can even devise a plan like this..... Either I have not been following cricket for the past 4 decades, or test cricket just got changed by THIS PLANNER (whoever may be.)

By the way, which planet you are from? They have tigers there? I ask this question because certainly these type of planning HAS NEVER been devised in the HISTORY of test cricket by any earth nation.
Old February 26, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
...It was either Mushy gets out and the team folds, or the team sees of the difficult phase off for Mushy to take the game to them. WHICH is what happened in the match, so if that was the plan which I thought it was, It was perfectly executed.
Did you type these with a straight face? What a flawed logic. The team folds when Musfiq gets out but the plan is to let those same people who would fold to face the strike and the team wouldn't fold? With Musfiq at the non-striker's end the tailenders becomes Gavaskars and can see the ball off but without Mushfiq on the field they become Walsh?

We were extremely lucky not lose wickets sooner with the tail deliberately getting exposed by the Captain.
Quote:
And another thing, That is The Way Taijul always plays and he has become the most dependable bat of the tail playing in this way, by the willingness for a scrap he has demonstratd already in previous matches, despite his suspect technique and I know for a fact this quality is very higly rated within the team...
The word tailenders is not just reserved for #11 batsman. Anyone who averages below 20 and bats 8 and up are tailenders. Taijul is that. He was exposed time and again by Yadav and was counting on his lucky stars. If you put more faith in Taijul than Mushfiq they I have nothing else to say.

Quote:
Is it impossible for you to consider that perhaps the captain and the management of the team understands and knows cricket better than you?
No. This is something I am not going to concede. You have no prove that this was the managements decision or plan. The captain was in the middle. He was the one who was shying away from the strike and exposing the tail. That was selfish batting which we have countless times put on several BD players in previous occasions. It is all on him till you bring proof that the coach had a say on that; which I am certain you cannot.

The situation was a new day with a huge deficit and no more established batsman to come. This is a common situation in test cricket. Anyone who follows cricket should know who should face more strike. For some reason, you are hell bend to justify the flawed tactic. I can bet you no coach would devise such self destructive plan.