facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2012, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Im expecting Mushy to play a 15 ball 35 today. And he shouldnt come up in the batting order, he loses his wicket at the worst possible time. Id want to give guys like anamul, jahurul, nasir a chance to bat higher
Where exactly is he playing today?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I don't want to get on him too much because it's just 1 innings so far this tour but why does he continue to get bowled? It still shows his weakness against the swinging deliveries. He's really gotta be stronger in playing the moving ball or else bowlers will just continue to tail the ball in and get the results they want.
Old June 18, 2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Ajke onek plan cancel korsilam mone kore je khela ase Pore dekhi je khelai nai. Ajke gap porer 6 din borabor khela
Old June 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I don't want to get on him too much because it's just 1 innings so far this tour but why does he continue to get bowled? It still shows his weakness against the swinging deliveries. He's really gotta be stronger in playing the moving ball or else bowlers will just continue to tail the ball in and get the results they want.
He is definitely our best player of spin, even better than shakib honestly speaking. But when it comes to the swing he seems to become Nafeesisque. He doesnt really have too much of a problem against short pitch bowling but when the ball starts deviating it becomes a big problem. But would be too harsh to say that he is the only batsman who suffers when the ball swings. Tamim is good against swing, junaid isnt too bad, and nafees and Imrul kayes are quite horrible against swinging ball. And as for shakib he doesnt come to bat when the ball swings.
Old June 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
wow i apologize on behalf of mushy for not being able to play a perfect swinging yorker, obviously it was the most easiest delivery to play and it was purely due to his technique, anyone else would have smashed that for a six obviously..
Old June 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

He shuffles too much to counter swing and the yorkers . That's the reason being bowled !
Old June 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

One thing i just hate is when people say stuff without any knowledge of facts, they see someone getting bowled 2 or 3 games and think he gets bowled all the time and that he has a serious problem, for people that don't understand cricket and just like to pretend they know what theyre talking about, here is a fact Mushy has been bowled in his entire international career which included 169 innings only 22 times which is 13% overall in all dismissals (source= http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...missal_summary) , compare this to the Batsmen with low percentages of bowleds in history, (source= http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/548213.html) he ranks pretty high up there. So i would please like people to stop with this mushy gets bowled all the time.
Old June 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibd
wow i apologize on behalf of mushy for not being able to play a perfect swinging yorker, obviously it was the most easiest delivery to play and it was purely due to his technique, anyone else would have smashed that for a six obviously..
Wow kiwibd. I'm sorry about you getting upset over my post. I'll tell you this. I really like Mushy a lot. I believe he's our best batsman right after Shakib and Tamim. I also have loved the way he's continued to improve himself over the years and admire his hard work and passion for the game.

That being said, I'll continue to say this, he's got to improve when playing against the moving deliveries. Statistics will not tell you everything. You have got to trust your cricket instincts as well. I know he's not our only guy that has to work on this part of his game. All our other guys do as well. I don't want to blame it all on them either. The dead pitches back home give our guys bad habits. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I want Mushy to be the best batsman possible. I want him to be a world class batsman and really do think he's got the talent to be one but he's got to be more consistent.
Old June 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
One thing i just hate is when people say stuff without any knowledge of facts, they see someone getting bowled 2 or 3 games and think he gets bowled all the time and that he has a serious problem, for people that don't understand cricket and just like to pretend they know what theyre talking about, here is a fact Mushy has been bowled in his entire international career which included 169 innings only 22 times which is 13% overall in all dismissals (source= http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...missal_summary) , compare this to the Batsmen with low percentages of bowleds in history, (source= http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/548213.html) he ranks pretty high up there. So i would please like people to stop with this mushy gets bowled all the time.
Perfect counter punch! I like it
Old June 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Congratulation Mushi, thats a very nice 50
This gives us enough hope for next match.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Best Bangladeshi T20 batsman. Always bats with a plan.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

WTG Mit'hu, good knock
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Good job Mushy. Hopefully you play well next match as well.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Banned

Mushy did well today, proved me wrong But ofcourse, he had no real pressure
Old June 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

As expected. He came through when it was most needed. This batting position suits him more than at the top. Well done captain.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: will let you know after

I think mushy should bat at #3 in t20s.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

man I love my son Mushy when he is on song, after getting captaincy his game has improved a lot.
he was brilliant as a WK,as a batsman too.
And some of u guys don't want him to be the captain,come on guys, why so impatient?
Old June 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
one thing i just hate is when people say stuff without any knowledge of facts, they see someone getting bowled 2 or 3 games and think he gets bowled all the time and that he has a serious problem, for people that don't understand cricket and just like to pretend they know what theyre talking about, here is a fact mushy has been bowled in his entire international career which included 169 innings only 22 times which is 13% overall in all dismissals (source= http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...missal_summary) , compare this to the batsmen with low percentages of bowleds in history, (source= http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/548213.html) he ranks pretty high up there. So i would please like people to stop with this mushy gets bowled all the time.
thank you
Old June 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Mushy scored some good freebies today.
Hope it does him well in the upcoming matches.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
I think mushy should bat at #3 in t20s.
This is a very valid point.Basically Mushy is not a top order but definitely he is better than any other option we left.So i think Mushy should bat at #3 followed by nasir.
Old June 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
Banned

I dont think Mushy is a batsman suited to bat at the top. He is more of a batsman who can play some solid knocks lower down the order. He has been tried and tested at no.3/4 but hasnt played to his potential at all
Old June 19, 2012, 08:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i never use to see mushy as a top order batsman but he did really well at #3 in the DPL, he did get that 998 when he opened for the national team so maybe he could be a top order batsman, that would actually really help the team because it would mean riyad could bat higher than #7 or mominul/shuvagata could be brought into the middle order which imo would strengthen the team as long as mushy performs up top.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:06 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
That's not totally correct. Out of the 169 innings he has batted, he was dismissed 142 times. Therefore, when you calculate the percentage of "bowled's", you have to consider the number of dismissals, which is 22/142*100 = 15.49%

However, to put it into context, Shakib has a bowled dismissal percentage of 21.21% (He has been bowled 35 times out of his 165 dismissals).

Tamim in comparison has a low bowled dismissal percentage of 13.79% (been bowled 24 times out of 173 dismissals) and Ashraful has the surprisingly low dismissal percentage of 9.12% (been bowled 25 times out of 274 dismissals.)

The only thing I can conclude is that Shakib gets out to too many scoop shots =p
Old June 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

I was hoping Mushy got his 50 and he wouldve but took a needless run. He still looked really good today and played a big part to our win. Let's hope he continues the good work.
Old June 21, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

and some were talking about sacking Mushy from captncy.
he is leading from the front, in grt form.
Now that Nasir and Ryad r in form I would hope Mushy to bat at 3.
becoz once he gets set he is almost unstoppable with good hits all over za ground.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)