facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Well played...

If someone played well in a position, he should only be fixed in that position. Don't need to spoil his game by promoting him. The ideas of promoting are weird. if we have a problem with some spot, we should try players from outside the 11 or who aren't performing regularly in other positions. Any change in the batting order puts certain amount of additional pressure on a player, in terms of approach in batting, style, changed conditions, role in the game plan etc etc. In the process he might lose his form.

Emnite, we have 1000 complains about the standard of DPL, but when convenient we just bring it up to fiddle with the players of national team. When a player is in national fold, it's only his performance at the int level that counts.

Since he is doing well in this position, he should just be left alone and be allowed to improve his batting around that position.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old June 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Well played...

If someone played well in a position, he should only be fixed in that position. Don't need to spoil his game by promoting him. The ideas of promoting are weird. if we have a problem with some spot, we should try players from outside the 11 or who aren't performing regularly in other positions. Any change in the batting order puts certain amount of additional pressure on a player, in terms of approach in batting, style, changed conditions, role in the game plan etc etc. In the process he might lose his form.

Emnite, we have 1000 complains about the standard of DPL, but when convenient we just bring it up to fiddle with the players of national team. When a player is in national fold, it's only his performance at the int level that counts.

Since he is doing well in this position, he should just be left alone and be allowed to improve his batting around that position.
in a lot of situations this is true, but even though alot of the current BD players have been in the team around 5 years (pretty decent amount of time, i mean that's a solid career already), most of them are still developing players. even the best 3 batsmen in shakib, tamim and mushy are all still developing their games so depending on how their games develop they could be moved around the batting order with their development.

tamim obviously should stay as an opener, shakib possibly could jump up to #4, he's ready no doubt, mushy has now developed his game to the point where he could be successful higher up the order, he hasn't completely proven it yet but he's had some good knocks at times when batting higher.

i understand your poit of view though, the whole reason this comes about is because the top order don't often perform other than tamim whereas the middle/lower order do, combine that with the time it takes to develop a BD player once they hit the national team and you can see why the selectors/management/coaches/captain try to push a lower order performing player higher up the order before trying someone completely new (or already tried but failed).
Old June 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Gowza, I understand your point and also agree for some some cases it may be done. But i would prefer to do that when that player hits regular centuries and fifties for a substantial period. That's a different level of skill, ability and confidence, so that enables a player to adjust quickly to changed circumstances.

A team such as ours, where a regular 40/50 from a player is considered to be top performers, the team depends so much on them, is it wise to take such risks with them? In my view it isn't. Because by keeping those 2/3 players stable we keep the team stable. It is the non performers or irregular performers who should be moving around vacant positions to find their comfort zone. If Another person performs, that makes the team stronger. My view of building our team and maintaining continuous balance is somewhat like this.

I believe, these rotations had been a reason for massive poor/irregular performances in the past. Now a days, we have Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Nasir, Riyad etc positions more or less fixed, and that's probably a reason that the team is performing well. Let Ash, Anamul, Junaid, Jahurul, hom, etc guys move around and find their comfort zone...we will get more stability in teams performance.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old June 21, 2012, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

mushy, shakib, nasir and riyad are fixed to the middle/lower order but they do shuffle around sometimes. mushy has been batting 4 on this tour and doing a fine job, riyad has been batting higher than normal (batting at 5 or 6 instead of 7) and has done well. the real reason for shuffling imo is the inconsistent top order, trying to find a #2 and #3. i don't think it's surprising people are looking to shakib, mushy or riyad as a #3 option since they have been successful in the middle order and everyone we've tried at #3 has been poor, we've exhausted our options for the #3 spot really. now we are looking to the younger guys anamul, asif and mominul to try and plug that gap.

i agree we don't want to shuffle players around to much, but at the same time BD is a developing team, even the experienced guys are still developing and their skills are impriving so they can handle a wider range of conditions and situations whereas the newcomers can't.

i think the batting is fairly set tbh, i doubt riyad will move to #3, i don't think shakib will either, i think both of those guys will stay in the middle order. i think if anyone is going to get promoted for any length it will be mushy and if he does get promoted riyad will move up a spot in the order which tbh is great because it means he can be more utilised imo.

having both the #2 and #3 spots being a problem at the same time is the major issue, plug one of those and the team will be more solid and won't have to shuffle as much imo.

hopefully anamul is one of those solutions.
Old June 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old video. Saw it today so uploaded it on fb for everyone to see. I can tell you, watch it 50 times and you wont get bored.

Old June 22, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

^Thanks for that. When it's in his zone he can clear it miles.

He is a very good captain and will get even better. Rotated the bowlers very well today. Many more wins to come under his watch.

Last edited by Equinox; June 22, 2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old June 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

We should have kept SA under 120. Why would Mushy start bowling fast bowlers at the end when spin bowlers are getting the job done. Riyad had one over left, Nasir has 2 mushy should have used them up. Mash shouldn't be allowed to touch the ball that late in the innings, its an accident waiting to happen.
Old June 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
We should have kept SA under 120. Why would Mushy start bowling fast bowlers at the end when spin bowlers are getting the job done. Riyad had one over left, Nasir has 2 mushy should have used them up. Mash shouldn't be allowed to touch the ball that late in the innings, its an accident waiting to happen.
imo, spinners in the death overs mostly backfires..
Old June 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by series
imo, spinners in the death overs mostly backfires..
I'm not talking about all the games, I'm talking about this specific game. Clearly SA middle order struggled against our spinner, so it makes sense to stick to the spinners. But he went for the pacers, most likely because that's what we do all the time. I would like to see our captain make decision based on how the game is progressing, not just stick to one same plan over and over again.
Old June 22, 2012, 04:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ajfar ki money hoy khushi thushi na..jitar poro....haire bangali

Old June 22, 2012, 04:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
plus one

Mushfiq needs to set a clear role for different bowlers. Mash always misses blockhole. He tries so hard sometimes to bowl at blockhole but misses most of the time. Even two balls were full tosses at the last over and lucky not to be dispatched. Due to this lack of consistent blockhole bowling at the death, he bowls length deliveries and sometimes short pitches. Mash should be used up upfront. Start with him for one/two overs and if he bowls well, finish up his 4 overs, if doesn't bring him back on from over no 8 to 15.
Old June 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Pommie actually asked him about that during the presentation ceremony and this is what he replied verbatim "Yeah Definitely...I thought the wicket is gripping a bit, so it is difficult to hit the ball, so that's why I utilized the spinners and in the death, you know, they have very powerful guys, they can easily hit with the spin so I thought maybe pace would be a good option so...as long as we restrict them to a good total and chase it down, it's quite OK"
Old June 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
ajfar ki money hoy khushi thushi na..jitar poro....haire bangali
nah man I'm trying to feel in for Dilscoop, trying to show some tough love.
Old June 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I'm not talking about all the games, I'm talking about this specific game. Clearly SA middle order struggled against our spinner, so it makes sense to stick to the spinners. But he went for the pacers, most likely because that's what we do all the time. I would like to see our captain make decision based on how the game is progressing, not just stick to one same plan over and over again.
Riyad went for 11 in his last over and Nasir did not look threatening at all so Mushy was justified in taking them off. Spinners from both ends at the death is never a good idea, especially with Morkel at the crease.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Mushfiqur has really stood up as a player. Mahmudullah has taken responsibility after the absence of Shakib.
Old June 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Just watched the boys in airport( TV news).
What took them so long? era ki Harare te haraya gesilo naki?

Anyway,Mushy said BD felt the absence of the world's number one AR.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Just watched the boys in airport( TV news).
What took them so long? era ki Harare te haraya gesilo naki?

Anyway,Mushy said BD felt the absence of the world's number one AR.
I saw it too. Apparently they had to wait for almost 6 hours at the airport according to Razzak's tweet.
Old June 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeem95
beuti information to give my favorite batsman i like mushfiqur raheem
Bhai ki Mushfiqur Rahim ke 'beauty tips' ditey agrohee naki?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 27, 2012, 08:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Bhai ki Mushfiqur Rahim ke 'beauty tips' ditey agrohee naki?

Mushyke emnitei maiyya maiyya lage ar ki beauty tips lagbe?
Old July 29, 2012, 03:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib-al-hasan

FIVE FIRSTS OF
MUSHFIQUR RAHIM

FIRST BAT

If you talk about a bat
that was given to me
to play with a cricket
ball, it was by Badal
chacha, one of my young uncles, who gave
it to me. Two
months before I was
admitted to
Bangladesh Krira
Shiksha Pratisthan, he told me, "There's a
sports institute where
you have to go for a
trial." So that's when I
started playing with a
leather ball, with the Taurus bat he gifted. I
have had many bats
afterwards, but I will
always remember that
one.

FIRST AUTOGRAPH

I was never the
autograph-hunting
type, but I took one of
Brian Lara, one of my
childhood heroes, during the 2007 World
Cup, after we had
completed the match
against West Indies in
Bridgetown , Barbados.
I made an unbeaten 38 in that game, though
we lost quite badly. It
was our last game of a
pretty successful
tournament, so I was
glad that I finished it on a good note.

FIRST TIME ON A
PLANE

We went on an
Under-15 tour to India,
but we took the bus
there. So my first ride on a plane was when I
went to Dubai for
another U-15
tournament - the Asia
Cup. Unfortunately,
we lost both games, against Nepal and
India. I scored 20-odd
against India, who were
captained by Piyush
Chawla. It wasn't a
memorable tour but I do remember it was my
first time in an
aeroplane.

FIRST INTERNATIONAL
WIN

Against Zimbabwe , in
August 2006. I
remember not having
to do much as I was fielding instead of
keeping wicket, which
was done by Khaled
Mashud, who was also
leading the side that
day in place of Habibul Bashar. In
fact, it was the match
in which Shakib Al
Hasan and I made our
debuts. Zimbabwe
scored 190-odd and Shahriar Nafees scored
an unbeaten century,
so we won quite easily.
FIRST SLEDGE

During the 2007 World
Cup. Lara had a
reputation of walking
without waiting for the
umpires. I was very excited at the time,
seeing him and keeping
wicket while he was
batting. He tried to cut
left-arm spinner Abdur
Razzak but didn't connect. The ball hit
the ground and came
to me. I appealed
instantly. But no one
else was appealing,
and the man who always walked did not
walk. So I kept quiet
for the rest of the
game. I know it wasn't
really a sledge, but it
was an innings worth remembering

This is an interview by
MD Isam, a senior
sports reporter of The
Daily Star (published in
Cricinfo)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 29, 2012, 04:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Lol @ first sledge :p
Old July 29, 2012, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

First sledge FAIL!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

First sledging for Mushy = EPIC PHAIL
Old August 11, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Mushys team is fielding at S L P L
Old August 11, 2012, 07:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Mushy playing today. Mushy is a domestic bully so hoping that he does something at least