facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2013, 11:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Mushfik is more consistent version of the inconsistent ash..ash scores per 20 innings..mushy scores in 10
Old March 30, 2013, 08:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mushy'r abba o kintu Shoaib miya'r cheye kom jayna.
Shoaib miya ordho nogno hoya ashey, ar uncle ji ekdom tupi panjabi poira ashey, bojhai jay allah wala admi,nishchoi pasha pashi dowa dorud porey, onar support ar dowa'r jonney onake salaam janai.
Old March 31, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Today's loss is on you, buddy. Why pick him? Why bowl him in the death?
Old March 31, 2013, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

We lost the because of poor captaincy and team selection. M. H. Rubel should have played instead of Rubel or SRK. Rubel and SRK shouldn't have gotten the opportunity to touch the ball after the first 5 overs. Specially after seeing Riyad keeping things tight mushy should have had the common sense to give Nasir at least one over. If it ends up yielding 20+ runs at least we could have said he tried something different rather than the same old method. Anyone who watches international cricket can make this decisions, it's not that hard to think.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:11 AM
Banned

Default Mushfiqur blames seamers for defeat

After conceding the high-scoring one-off Twenty20 in Pallekele, Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim criticised his bowlers' work ethic, and said it was time the country takes a proper look at the state of fast bowling.

"The bowlers have to work a lot harder," Mushfiqur said. "What they are doing right now, is not enough. I wouldn't entirely hold it against them but maybe the team management is to share the blame too.

"I would be guilty if I blamed just an individual. If our pace bowlers had backed up the other bowlers, we would have a slightly different series, especially in the Tests. We are giving them enough chances, but they are not giving us the results. Our next tour is to Zimbabwe where we can't experiment. It is a big series for us, so we have to come to a decision."

Read more:http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/627441.html
Old April 1, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
After conceding the high-scoring one-off Twenty20 in Pallekele, Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim criticised his bowlers' work ethic, and said it was time the country takes a proper look at the state of fast bowling.

"The bowlers have to work a lot harder," Mushfiqur said. "What they are doing right now, is not enough. I wouldn't entirely hold it against them but maybe the team management is to share the blame too.

"Iwould be guilty if I blamed just an individual.
If our pace bowlers had backed up the other bowlers, we would have a slightly different series, especially in the Tests. We are giving them enough chances, but they are not giving us the results. Our next tour is to Zimbabwe where we can't experiment. It is a big series for us, so we have to come to a decision."

ohohoho! Buddy, just be glad you aren't a member at BC! When Nasir wins you games "it's a team plan sort of," but when you... ugggh!! I hope now the management hits back. They should point out his brainless "bowling changes" or lack of it!
Old April 1, 2013, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
"we probably needed a front-line bowler in twenty20s. Abul hasan is injured, so we had no other option," mushfiqur said. "i tried ziaur [rahman] who bowled well in one game, didn't bowl or bat well in the third game.
ugghh!!!! Uggh!!!

So it is YOU the dumb *** who picks the XI for one format based on other formats! Don't blame the selector guys! They pick the squad not XIs!
Old April 1, 2013, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

If that's the mindset then he should not be the captain anymore. Sounds like the captain has more power than the head coach. What kind of a head coach is this?
Old April 1, 2013, 05:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane

"I would be guilty if I blamed just an individual. If our pace bowlers had backed up the other bowlers, we would have a slightly different series, especially in the Tests. We are giving them enough chances, but they are not giving us the results. Our next tour is to Zimbabwe where we can't experiment. It is a big series for us, so we have to come to a decision."

take shahadat again as u dont want to experiment!
Old April 1, 2013, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
ohohoho! Buddy, just be glad you aren't a member at BC! When Nasir wins you games "it's a team plan sort of," but when you... ugggh!! I hope now the management hits back. They should point out his brainless "bowling changes" or lack of it!
Where did Mushy say it was a team win after the 3rd ODI? Here are some excerpts from Mushy's press-con after that game:

"I would still call it a calculative chase because we took risks and lost some wickets, but in the end we had one guy holding things together."

"Hats off to Nasir," Mushfiqur said. "I firmly believe that he can break all batting records in the Bangladesh team if he continues in this vein. He has played really well. He does well when the team needs him to score. It is his most important trait."

-----------------------------------------
No doubt Mushy's infatuation with big fast bowlers, no matter how crap they are, is costing us big time. If he has finally realised this and is prepared to move on and select bowlers on merit then that is a big positive from this tour. Nazmul is a must for all formats. Robiul has earned another Test series. Rubel seems to have lost it altogether and Abul needs to play a lot more A-team cricket before coming back into the team. In the meantime, these are the pacers who should be considered according to the different formats:
Tests: Nazmul, Robiul, Shafiul, Rubel, Abul
ODIs: Mashrafe, Nazmul, Shafiul, Taskin
T20Is: Nazmul, Mashrafe, Taskin, Shafiul
Old April 1, 2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Mushy needs to stop talking and this idiocy needs to stop too. So Zia didn't bowl well in the third ODI? So you think 4-0-50-0 is better than 10-0-65-1? Or even 10-0-71-1 with a track record of making hundreds with the ball? And you want to replace 10-0-65-1 with Abul? Are you bleeping kidding me? I'm sorry, but he hasn't learned his lesson at all.

Zia gives away 65 runs in one match, so you lose faith on him and want to bowl idiots who have leaked thousands of runs before him? If this is how acute his learning disability is, then I'm sorry, he will never be a good strategist.
Old April 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Guys, give him time, he will learn. Not everything will always fall into place, we had been complaining about our batting top order for some time in the past, now that issue seems to be resolved at least for now, the fast bowling issue will be looked into as well. Mistakes make better teams.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

he needs to learn how to use his bowlers. if he can get that correct, even bad bowlers can save the day. if you are not wise, you can create more problems with your quality bowlers as well.

no doubt our pacers were out of form during the whole series. but why you have to use shahadat in t20 who cant be trusted even in ODI. team management and captain, both have to take the blame as they choose the playing 11. so mushy cant get away from it.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Sorry if this is a re-post. Came across it on Youtube.

I just maybe the biggest critic of Mushy. But I'm one who gives credit where credit it's due. He really has come a long way from the time he began. Over the years our team had to take a toll because of hi sub par keeping and batting. But in the context of an ever improving side, it is impossible for any number of excellent performances to ever keep up with the hunger of fans. One thing I always appreciate about him is his vocals from behind the wicket. Probably gives more encouragement to his bowlers than any other captain out there. Whether that indicates the emotional instability of our bowlers, I don't know. But he does what is required. He batted terribly against Sri Lanka,hopefully he has a good series against Zim with the bat, and that will ease all other aspects of him as a cricketer.
Old April 8, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^thanks for the video, good interview.
Mushy is a batsman who has the ability to be more consistent than Sakib or NAsir.
But as we have seen despite the double hundred he didn't score much in the ODIs, I hope he finds his consistency, that way we will become a strong batting side.
Old April 10, 2013, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Mushfiq for some reasons finds ways to get out himself. He might be cruising through and suddenly he gets out. I dont remember him getting out from a fiery over from a particular bowler. This might be due to lack of focus i'm not quite sure.
Old April 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
___________ for some reasons finds ways to get out himself. He might be cruising through and suddenly he gets out. I dont remember him getting out from a fiery over from a particular bowler. This might be due to lack of focus i'm not quite sure.
Replace the name and you can apply that to any of our players.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Mushfik is more consistent version of the inconsistent ash..ash scores per 20 innings..mushy scores in 10
Definitely.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
Guys, give him time, he will learn. Not everything will always fall into place, we had been complaining about our batting top order for some time in the past, now that issue seems to be resolved at least for now, the fast bowling issue will be looked into as well. Mistakes make better teams.
Definitely.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
He averages 40 with the bat since 2010.
Definitely.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Replace the name and you can apply that to any of our players.
Definitely.
Old April 17, 2013, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^^thanks for the video, good interview.
Mushy is a batsman who has the ability to be more consistent than Sakib or NAsir.
But as we have seen despite the double hundred he didn't score much in the ODIs, I hope he finds his consistency, that way we will become a strong batting side.
Definitely.
Old April 17, 2013, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Definitely.

Good stuff there BP
Old April 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I'm sorry, but he hasn't learned his lesson at all.

If this is how acute his learning disability is, then I'm sorry, he will never be a good strategist.

Definitely.

We need a good strategist to guide him. Sometimes I wish we have someone like ganguly or Steve Waugh as part of team management. Shane baba Khub ekta budhiman na.
Old April 17, 2013, 04:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Obviously.

Mushy is a bad strategist and captain. Rotate bowlers, don't let batsman get the better by settling, set attacking field.... how hard are these.
The guy you hit? If he got a look at the plates, it won't even take that long. There's no play here. There's no angle, there's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up.