facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1151  
Old November 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
in very good form. started his career slow, otherwise his average would have been higher now. the current avg. doesn't justify his true talent and dedication.
i reckon he's got it in him to average at least 40+ in tests, in ODIs he should be able to average 35+ maybe even in the 40s but as you say he started off slow so it's going to be tough for him to get the averages up there.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old November 30, 2013, 07:56 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 2,392

Mushy is doing what Ganguly did for India, breaking that chain in the leadership and mentality department. Bd will go far under his leadership.
Reply With Quote
  #1153  
Old November 30, 2013, 08:37 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Mushy is doing what Ganguly did for India, breaking that chain in the leadership and mentality department. Bd will go far under his leadership.
yes, what he's doing is changing and improving the culture of the team and by doing that it's going to help the overall culture in NCL teams, DPL and BCL teams because the national players will go back to their domestic teams with this new mentality and they'll influence others who will then take on the same or a similar sort of attitude. young players coming into the domestic teams will see the senior, experienced and successful internationals and talk to them in their locker room and want to emulate their attitude and performance so they to can make it to international cricket.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #1154  
Old December 10, 2013, 05:37 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,347

Mushfiq is really leading the way. He is the fittest and most dedicated player in the team.

বিধ্বংসী মুশফিক
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ০১:৪৮, ডিসেম্বর ১১, ২০১৩ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ

দলের অনুশীলন ছিল সাড়ে ১২টায়। ১১টা বাজতেই কাল হাজির মুশফিকুর রহিম। অনুশীলননিষ্ঠ অধিনায়ক জাতীয় দলের ঐচ্ছিক অনুশীলনও কখনো মিস করেন না, একাকী অনুশীলন করেন প্রায়ই। কালও একাডেমি মাঠের মাঝের নেটে ব্যাটিং করছিলেন বাঁহাতি পেসার সাজেদুল ইসলাম ও নেট বোলারদের নিয়ে। অধিনায়ক পুরো বিধ্বংসী মুডে। একের পর এক বল উড়িয়ে মারলেন চারপাশে। একবার বল লেগে বেঁকে গেল একাডেমির জিমের জানালার শক্ত শার্সি। আরেকটি শট এতটা দূরে পাঠালেন যে একাডেমি পেরিয়ে বল গিয়ে বাইরে দাঁড়িয়ে থাকা এক টেলিভিশন চ্যানেলের গাড়ির কাচ চুরমার করে দেয়।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%95
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #1155  
Old December 11, 2013, 01:00 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,538

Mushfiqur has the attributes to become a fine Bangladeshi President

Whatever Criticism you might throw at him, he is far better than the alternatives
Reply With Quote
  #1156  
Old December 11, 2013, 01:54 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,572

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Mushfiq is really leading the way. He is the fittest and most dedicated player in the team.

বিধ্বংসী মুশফিক
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ০১:৪৮, ডিসেম্বর ১১, ২০১৩ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ

দলের অনুশীলন ছিল সাড়ে ১২টায়। ১১টা বাজতেই কাল হাজির মুশফিকুর রহিম। অনুশীলননিষ্ঠ অধিনায়ক জাতীয় দলের ঐচ্ছিক অনুশীলনও কখনো মিস করেন না, একাকী অনুশীলন করেন প্রায়ই। কালও একাডেমি মাঠের মাঝের নেটে ব্যাটিং করছিলেন বাঁহাতি পেসার সাজেদুল ইসলাম ও নেট বোলারদের নিয়ে। অধিনায়ক পুরো বিধ্বংসী মুডে। একের পর এক বল উড়িয়ে মারলেন চারপাশে। একবার বল লেগে বেঁকে গেল একাডেমির জিমের জানালার শক্ত শার্সি। আরেকটি শট এতটা দূরে পাঠালেন যে একাডেমি পেরিয়ে বল গিয়ে বাইরে দাঁড়িয়ে থাকা এক টেলিভিশন চ্যানেলের গাড়ির কাচ চুরমার করে দেয়।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%95
I always like Mushy for his courageous mind. Carry on Mushy.
Reply With Quote
  #1157  
Old December 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
Faisal Faisal is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,327

he going to be Bangladesh's all time best wicket keeper, no doubt
__________________
Watch Live Cricket at http://www.cricket911.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1158  
Old December 20, 2013, 11:19 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,437


__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #1159  
Old December 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
BanCricFan's Avatar
BanCricFan BanCricFan is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 29, 2005
Favorite Player: Bangladesh
Posts: 9,345

Well, little Mushy isnt being very smart here. Why put yourself under any pressure by coming out with such statement. In T20 any team can win against any side on the day and he knows this all too well. Mushfiq could have used different wordings to exhibit confidence.
__________________
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~ Goethe
Reply With Quote
  #1160  
Old December 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
Equinox Equinox is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,748

Mushfiq must have forgot we lost to Scotland and Netherlands in T20s.
Reply With Quote
  #1161  
Old December 21, 2013, 12:35 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,536

well said Mushy, after the way we have been playing at home against big teams there is no reason to be overly worried about S.Africa & also good that he has mentioned that they are not taking it lightly either.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old December 23, 2013, 05:26 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub
Posts: 3,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Mushfiq must have forgot we lost to Scotland and Netherlands in T20s.
Bro, thats why he was using all the tricky words here. Not letting confidancer over high or not take it lightly. So basically he just meant that play your own game.
__________________
GO BANGLADESH GO!!!
------------------------------
Fav.Int.Players: B Lara/viv Ricahrds/Ponting/Ambrose/W.Akram/R.Hadlee
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old January 4, 2014, 11:59 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,726

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%95

Good to see the captain starting his test preparations early ahead of the Sri Lanka series. Expecting a lot of runs from him and mominul in the middle order.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old January 20, 2014, 05:24 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,347

আইপিএলকে মুশফিকের ‘না’

নির্বাচকেরা আইপিএলের নিলামের জন্য নাম চূড়ান্ত করেছিলেন আট ক্রিকেটারের। ফরম পূরণ করে পাঠালেই বাংলাদেশের এই আট ক্রিকেটার উঠে যেতেন আইপিএলের নিলামে। কিন্তু সাতজন ফরম পূরণ করলেও করেননি জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম।
আইপিএলের নিলামের জন্য বিসিবির কাছে খেলোয়াড়দের নাম চেয়ে পাঠিয়েছিল ভারতীয় ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিসিআই)। সে অনুযায়ী পারফরম্যান্সের ভিত্তিতে নির্বাচকেরা মুশফিক, সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল, নাসির হোসেন, সোহাগ গাজী, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, এনামুল হক (বিজয়) ও রুবেল হোসেনের নাম দেন।
কিন্তু এঁদের মধ্যে আইপিএলের ফরম পূরণ করেননি শুধু মুশফিক। কেন করেননি, সেটি মুশফিকের কাছ থেকে সরাসরি জানা সম্ভব হয়নি। তবে বিসিবির একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, আইপিএলের দলগুলোর বাংলাদেশের খেলোয়াড়দের প্রতি আগ্রহ কম বলেই নিজেকে নিলামে ওঠাতে রাজি হননি মুশফিক।


http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E2%80%99

Mushy says NO to IPL
Summary - BCB sources say that due to lack of interest from IPL owners for BD players, Mushfiq has self opted out from the auctions.

A symbolic slap in the face of IPL owners? Or avoiding embarrassment if not picked?
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old January 20, 2014, 05:35 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 7,854

Kudos to Mushfiq. He could have tried his luck at IPL. But if picked, he would have spent most of his time on the bench. Instead of that, he should be busy leading teams in our own domestic leagues, work on his own personal skills, and work with the coach to form the team for upcoming international tours.
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old January 20, 2014, 06:18 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Kudos to Mushfiq. He could have tried his luck at IPL. But if picked, he would have spent most of his time on the bench. Instead of that, he should be busy leading teams in our own domestic leagues, work on his own personal skills, and work with the coach to form the team for upcoming international tours.
great post agree with this.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old January 20, 2014, 07:41 PM
syedmahm's Avatar
syedmahm syedmahm is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
আইপিএলকে মুশফিকের ‘না’

নির্বাচকেরা আইপিএলের নিলামের জন্য নাম চূড়ান্ত করেছিলেন আট ক্রিকেটারের। ফরম পূরণ করে পাঠালেই বাংলাদেশের এই আট ক্রিকেটার উঠে যেতেন আইপিএলের নিলামে। কিন্তু সাতজন ফরম পূরণ করলেও করেননি জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম।
আইপিএলের নিলামের জন্য বিসিবির কাছে খেলোয়াড়দের নাম চেয়ে পাঠিয়েছিল ভারতীয় ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিসিআই)। সে অনুযায়ী পারফরম্যান্সের ভিত্তিতে নির্বাচকেরা মুশফিক, সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল, নাসির হোসেন, সোহাগ গাজী, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, এনামুল হক (বিজয়) ও রুবেল হোসেনের নাম দেন।
কিন্তু এঁদের মধ্যে আইপিএলের ফরম পূরণ করেননি শুধু মুশফিক। কেন করেননি, সেটি মুশফিকের কাছ থেকে সরাসরি জানা সম্ভব হয়নি।তবে বিসিবির একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, আইপিএলের দলগুলোর বাংলাদেশের খেলোয়াড়দের প্রতি আগ্রহ কম বলেই নিজেকে নিলামে ওঠাতে রাজি হননি মুশফিক।


http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BE%E2%80%99

Mushy says NO to IPL
Summary - BCB sources say that due to lack of interest from IPL owners for BD players, Mushfiq has self opted out from the auctions.

A symbolic slap in the face of IPL owners? Or avoiding embarrassment if not picked?
Whatever the reason behind this, but I am all for Musfiq's bold act. Even if he is only trying to avoid an embarrassment, but it's only Musfiq who has the gut to take such a step. who else did that?
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old January 20, 2014, 11:51 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,449

Mushfique is a gangsta
__________________
volatile
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old January 21, 2014, 04:11 AM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

Love mushi for showing some guts.
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old January 21, 2014, 04:15 AM
rinathq's Avatar
rinathq rinathq is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad
Posts: 2,809

Respect!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1171  
Old January 21, 2014, 04:18 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,536

Mushy is the best

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #1172  
Old January 21, 2014, 04:39 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD
Posts: 4,299

Real tiger.
Reply With Quote
  #1173  
Old January 21, 2014, 06:23 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,437

Bagher Baccha!!!
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #1174  
Old January 21, 2014, 03:14 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Kudos to Mushfiq. He could have tried his luck at IPL. But if picked, he would have spent most of his time on the bench. Instead of that, he should be busy leading teams in our own domestic leagues, work on his own personal skills, and work with the coach to form the team for upcoming international tours.
My thoughts exactly.
Shows his commitment to his job as a national team captain. He's not swayed by the fame and fortune that Shakib and Tamim are after. Though all 3 are talented and equally important for the development of Bangladesh cricket but their approach is different. I have nothing but respected for Mushy's work ethic and commitment to cricket.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #1175  
Old January 27, 2014, 03:21 AM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

I used to be critical of Mushy's batting technique, especially against express bowlers which he still needs to proof, but man has he improved ever since taking over captaincy!! So pleasing to the eyes.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket