facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Very good captain despite the flaws in his tactics, just need someone like him to take the burden of Shakib - always rated him as a talented batsman. Boy, he has improved leaps and bound recently though.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Why do you say that??? Mushfiq doesn't deserve such harsh comment... He is a pretty consistent performer and today he played a lionhearted innings to give us the victory... ajke to ontoto oke maaf kora jai..
Read the article. Top kono team er sathe jitlei erokom jed er kotha bole ora. Kintu onno shomoi oi jed ta kaj kore na keno? jed koi falai?

mather baire koto kisu hoise ota niye tader jed. 2007 wc e mashrafi ke indian player ra ki bolse ota te oder jed lagse..tai bole dhore dibani..

tader ke motivate korar jonno erokom kisur keno dorkar hoi? desher hoye khelar cheye boro motivation ar ki hote pare? tokhon keno jed ta thake na?

bunch of losers!!
Old March 16, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Amazing how such a small guy can pack such a punch
Old March 17, 2012, 05:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

BPL is the reason for such attitude. He sucked the juice out of BPL when the other guyz just did their job and didnt care about advices from foreign players
Old March 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

out of the three wins we had against India, Mushfiqur finished two of them inshaAllah more to come...

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin!!
Old March 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

the guy is a monster, my word the way he hitted those SIXes !!
Old March 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mushy the man
Old March 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

he always had the talent but rarely fired.
Since he became capt. he started to perform with consistency.
he is currently in his best form,hope he continues.
Old March 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

"They should look in the mirror" @ the press conf. on Ramizul's comments.

I'm not sure it made any sense. Because it doesn't. What he meant to say was, they can go violate themselves in the hallow yap that is available at the rear end betwixt their cleft. But he had to change it at the last min.
Old March 19, 2012, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
"They should look in the mirror" @ the press conf. on Ramizul's comments.

I'm not sure it made any sense. Because it doesn't. What he meant to say was, they can go violate themselves in the hallow yap that is available at the rear end betwixt their cleft. But he had to change it at the last min.

weird comment
Old March 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Amazing how such a small guy can pack such a punch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
the guy is a monster, my word the way he hitted those SIXes !!
He may be small, but he's very strongly built. Just look at how much potential energy he packs up in his arms.

Btw, that one flick that went for a six was sheer timing and class. Reminded me of Chris Cairns.
Old March 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
He may be small, but he's very strongly built. Just look at how much potential energy he packs up in his arms.

Btw, that one flick that went for a six was sheer timing and class. Reminded me of Chris Cairns.
Ya the guy is actually really jacked. It's not only that though, it's all about hand-eye coordination which Mushy has.
Old March 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

He used to be a sissy long time ago, but now definitely not anymore. Hopefully he will lead us to the Asia CUP final and beat Pakistan
Old March 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He was never a sissy. He was a winner who was misused. He should always have been played in the middle order, but would be made to come in as low as #8 regularly instead. Not much you can do at #8 especially when the team is 40/6 already.

We played non-talents like Aftab and Roqibul up the order for years, yet we kept our best batsman out of the top 6. The management teams over the years are to be blamed for this.

I've wanted him to bat up the order ever since I first saw him bat for the national team at the age of 16, but the management stuck to non-batsmen in the top/middle orders and even some of the fans came up with lame excuses about his technique not being up to par against fast bowlers. Orey amar shonar technique, koto technique dekhailo Aftab/Junaed/Roqibul, eder technique er thelay McGrath/Pollock er o jor eshe jaay gaaye. Bull crap.

The minute they started to play him in the middle order (4-6) on a regular basis, he started showing everyone what he's made of. Gotta say, told you so.
Old March 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
He was never a sissy. He was a winner who was misused. He should always have been played in the middle order, but would be made to come in as low as #8 regularly instead. Not much you can do at #8 especially when the team is 40/6 already.

We played non-talents like Aftab and Roqibul up the order for years, yet we kept our best batsman out of the top 6. The management teams over the years are to be blamed for this.

I've wanted him to bat up the order ever since I first saw him bat for the national team at the age of 16, but the management stuck to non-batsmen in the top/middle orders and even some of the fans came up with lame excuses about his technique not being up to par against fast bowlers. Orey amar shonar technique, koto technique dekhailo Aftab/Junaed/Roqibul, eder technique er thelay McGrath/Pollock er o jor eshe jaay gaaye. Bull crap.

The minute they started to play him in the middle order (4-6) on a regular basis, he started showing everyone what he's made of. Gotta say, told you so.
Well we don't really know who is really a sissy and who isn't.. unless we know them personally but we can judge from the way they perform.. and last couple of years he has proven that he is not a sissy anymore or that he never was a sissy. You are right technique is overrated, according to some Shahriar nafees has one of the best techniques among all BD batsmen.. but technique doesn't get you runs.
Old March 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

i've been following mushy, shakib, tamim since their u-19 worlcup. These three never been sissy. Mushy was gutsy and aggressive but also tried to play anchor innings those time, he was always positive but never sissy.. Shakib and tamim always been agressive since then..
Old March 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I still believe Mushy is the ideal #4 in BD line-up... at least for ODIs... in tests he could bat at 6 due to his keeping workload. We need someone to keep a cool head during overs 15-35 and he is definitely the man for the job. Stability on one end and we can only imagine what the stroke-makers around him can do!

I'm so glad his batting potential is being valued under the new management.
Old March 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
Banned

Id really like him to come up at no. 4

He is a very talented batsman who knows how to keep the run flowing when they are in. So mushy, sakib and nasir, weve got a good middle order. Lullah will be no. 7 and will play his rare aggressive shot during the last few overs so no issue with BALL WASTING hopefully.
Old March 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ If Mushy becomes our solution for no.4, Riyad is definitely not our solution for No.7. For us to regularly chase/set 300+ scores we need people who can slog from the get go at that position. I mean Mushy can slog better than Riyad! Riyad seems to have the build to slog but doesn't seem to have the desire to.

We need someone who can, if necessary, slog it out with (a more batting confident) Mashrafe in the last 3-4 overs to ensure we get 10 runs/over.
Old March 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

If someone is a good enough player, there is no need to slog to score heavily. Riyad has the shots and he could be good at #7, just needs to have a defined role in the team. He seems decent at guiding the tail too (win against Eng... his test century).
Old March 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

Its about timing and bat placement. If you hit at the right time and on the sweet spot, it will go miles. Mushy's 3rd six was simply massive with seemingly zero power behind it. Just shows that his timing is impeccable...superior hand-eye coordination and picks up the pace of ball well. When was the last time he got yorked by an epxress quick?
Old March 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

needs to perform today to show that he really is a player of class
Old March 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:

Well to be fair, after the 50 he hit against India in the 2007 WC, his form really took a dip and then even got dropped and Dhiman took his place. They were going back and forth for the WK spot. Then not even too long ago, with Jahurul and Dhiman performing in domestics and Mushy having a terrible WC, his spot was under scrutiny but then that knock of 81 against Australia made sure that he was here to stay. Then the 100 against Zimbabwe really showed that again that he belongs. Once he was made captain, I believe his confidence has grown and since then hasn't looked back. He hasn't had the same smooth road that Tamim and Shakib had. He had to continue to work hard and prove himself and he's done that really well now.

Just shows that he's anything but a sissy. He's a true fighter and unlike our other so called talented batsmen, didn't just give up. He put in the hard yards and has really improved as a player. Full credit to Mushy and he sets a good example for the future youngsters of BD. It's not about having the best of talents. It's about guts and determination and wanting to be a class player.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Maar Mushy, maar. Lankan der maire tokta bana..
Old March 22, 2012, 12:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

El Kapitano is due for a big one today..InshaAllah..