facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
the question at this point in time isn't who should get a chance or who shouldn't... The question is who can give you those quickfire 30s, 40s in the powerplay that we are missing at the moment... Who is that guy that can chip in with 5 fairly economical overs and those quick fire runs?

i believe Alok can do the job...he scored a century against Zaheer, Harbhajan and co so I believe he can be that powerhitter at 7....

obviously a gazillion BC members believe otherwise...
agree with you most !!
Old January 10, 2011, 09:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Here is my 2 cents: if Alok plays in this WC, I'll lose all my faith in the future of Bangladesh cricket and will not watch that world cup game.
Nice to see that you're back, Rubu! Alok has that kind of an effect on you.

Hope you're well though.
Old January 10, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
the question at this point in time isn't who should get a chance or who shouldn't... The question is who can give you those quickfire 30s, 40s in the powerplay that we are missing at the moment... Who is that guy that can chip in with 5 fairly economical overs and those quick fire runs?

i believe Alok can do the job...he scored a century against Zaheer, Harbhajan and co so I believe he can be that powerhitter at 7....

obviously a gazillion BC members believe otherwise...
Good post. I believe Alok can do that, too, and more. But his recent DPL form hasn't been anything extra-ordinary, so far. I cannot fathom why he is playing in the late middle order for Gazi. And how Naeem should bat before Alok?!!

Anyhow, I think all the World Cup hopefuls will play four more matches in the DPL. Alok must score at least two big scores, say, 60 plus (given his batting position) with good Strike Rate. Otherwise, I won't be disappointed if he gets the chop from the 23 as Riyad is getting into some sort of form, albeit, with very poor SR.

But, I would not like to see Naeem anywhere near the WC squad. I would rather prefer Sabbir.
Old January 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

An in form Alok, playing at #4, instead of sissies is a great bonus for us.
I have not seen him for long. If he can show even 80% of his ICL and pre-ICL form, he should be in.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Even Shabbir is playing and averaging better than Alok in the ongoing Premere league.......To get a place he needs to fight out with Nayeem, Riyad...both of whom are performing way better than him at the moment...Alok does not have any proven glorious records in last 2 years in the international level....

Just beacuse he had a few good innings in old old days...does not mean that he deserves a place in current XV.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

And this is exactly what happens whenever ther is a discussion on Alok Kapali or Ashraful. These two players will always draw fights, arguments, passion and all sorts of things that are secondary in nature than what the thread was all about to begin with...

Alok Kapali has less than 5% chance being in the 15 and less than 1% chance playing in the final team unless Riad/Naem fails. Neither our selectors nor our captain really has the apetitite or boldness of selecting a player like Alok Kapali at this moment. Its easier to select Ashraful than ALok.

I personally wish he scores more runs and becomes a consistent performer, dominates the tables and allows his NCL team win games and gets selected when there are more clamours about him like what happened to Nannu for the 1999 world cup, Bashar for the test cricket and Rafique during the 2007 world cups. I don't want Alok to come to the picture only for 2 matches like Sajidul, Dolar, Dickens etc. It just doesnt help our cricket much..
Old January 11, 2011, 11:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Nayeem and Riyad may be doing better in NCl/DPL. Question is in which positions and with what SR. An inform AK & Ash could be ideal to utilize the Batting PP & slog overs. We needed Nayeem/Riad, when our Top orer was sure failure. But things have changed. We don't need so stable players in 40-50th over, we need players who can really go after bowling at that stage.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old January 11, 2011, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
And this is exactly what happens whenever ther is a discussion on Alok Kapali or Ashraful. These two players will always draw fights, arguments, passion and all sorts of things that are secondary in nature than what the thread was all about to begin with...

Alok Kapali has less than 5% chance being in the 15 and less than 1% chance playing in the final team unless Riad/Naem fails. Neither our selectors nor our captain really has the apetitite or boldness of selecting a player like Alok Kapali at this moment. Its easier to select Ashraful than ALok.

I personally wish he scores more runs and becomes a consistent performer, dominates the tables and allows his NCL team win games and gets selected when there are more clamours about him like what happened to Nannu for the 1999 world cup, Bashar for the test cricket and Rafique during the 2007 world cups. I don't want Alok to come to the picture only for 2 matches like Sajidul, Dolar, Dickens etc. It just doesnt help our cricket much..
agreed... his only chance lies if mullah and nayeem both are injured
Old January 11, 2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Nayeem and Riyad may be doing better in NCl/DPL. Question is in which positions and with what SR. An inform AK & Ash could be ideal to utilize the Batting PP & slog overs. We needed Nayeem/Riad, when our Top orer was sure failure. But things have changed. We don't need so stable players in 40-50th over, we need players who can really go after bowling at that stage.
Ahem, Nayeem's nickname is "Chokka Nayeem".

As for Riyad, well, he's got what it takes to go after the bowling in the late overs. He hits cleanly with plenty of power. Unfortunately, he's got this syndrome since his maiden Test century in Hamilton - he waits for the bad ball. And he's using this habit in the ODI format.

At times it seems he is using psychic power to have the bowler deliver half volleys to him. He also shows disappointment when he is not getting enough loose deliveries. In this IPL era of cricket, you've got to convert as many deliveries to runs as possible. He has got the reach and strength, he needs to bring more pro-active footwork in his ODI style to convert.

I think this an area where he might be behind Alok. Alok is using slog sweeps to good effect for converting otherwise attacking deliveries into runs. The biggest negative for Alok is his lack of international matches for a long time. If they pick him, he will need to play the warm up matches.

I don't think Alok will be picked, but stranger things have happened.
Old January 11, 2011, 03:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kala Mia(My dada)

JS wants Alok on the world cup squad. So, possibility is there.
Old January 11, 2011, 09:54 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I just did a list of players likely to be in the final 15... I dont see how he can fit in the final fifteen without knocking one of the regulars in the squad out which is very unlikely to happen.... :-(

1. Shakib
2. Tamim
3. Mushfiq
4. Shafiul
5. Rubel
6. Nazmul
7. Razzaq
8. Mahmudullah
9. Naeem
10. Rockibul
11. Junaid
12. Shuvo
13. Shariar Nafees
14. Ashraful
15. Imrul Kayes
16. Alok Kapali
Old January 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ you forgot Mash bother. He'll be fit before WC
Old January 12, 2011, 12:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

Quote:
Alok is ok, Ash should stay out of cricket. The only thing he'll be doing lower down the order is, end the game sooner than it suppose to be for the opponent.
Old January 12, 2011, 12:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
your signature is saying why this is not hapening
Old January 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

alok has been maintaining a decent SR in dpl,i hope he can really show his true colours if he plays the WC
Old January 12, 2011, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Old January 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Posting that one ton over and over won't make him any better than he is

The only utility that I can see is lower order hitting and I'm predicting him to fail massively at it a la Naeem.
Old January 12, 2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Posting that one ton over and over won't make him any better than he is

The only utility that I can see is lower order hitting and I'm predicting him to fail massively at it a la Naeem.
well this is the official thread for Alok Kapali... so posting that video here is completely justified... Bashing Alok over and over in all threads won't also make him any worse!
Old January 12, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
we need him only in one match and that would be against India

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

I am loving those sounds alok's bat making when impacting the ball....:-)
Old January 12, 2011, 11:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Default Alok Kapali: a Closer Look(as of up until 8th January)

Alok Kapali: (DPL 2010-11 Detailed analysis)
Batting:

Match #1:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...16/316456.html
Alok Kapali c Arsalan Arshad b Md Sami {50 runs, 60 balls faced, 63 minutes, 4 fours, 83.33 strike rate}

Match #2:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...16/316461.html
Alok Kapali b Arafat Sunny {1 run, 6 balls, 5 minutes, 16.67 strike rate }

Match #3:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...18/318180.html
Alok Kapali c Anamul Haque b Abul Hassan Raju {2 runs, 10 balls, 19 minutes, 20.00 strike rate}

Match #4:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...18/318185.html
Alok Kapali not out {0 runs, 1 ball}

Match #5:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319412.html
Alok Kapali not out {63 runs, 35 balls, 48 minutes, 6 fours, 4 sixes, 180.00 strike rate}

Match #6:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319472.html
Alok Kapali Did Not Bat(DNB)

Match #7:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319477.html
Alok Kapali b Sohrawardi Shuvo {1 run, 15 balls, 24 minutes, 6.67 strike rate}

Total Runs scored: 117
Total Balls Faced: 127
Aggregate Average: 29.25
Aggregate Strike Rate: 92.13%

Bowling:

Match #1:
Did not Bowl!

Match #2:
Did not Bowl!

Match #3:
Did not Bowl!

Match #4:
Did not Bowl!

Match #5:
{2 overs, 0 maiden, 10 runs, 2 wickets, 6.00 Strike Rate, 5.00 Econnomy Rate}

Match #6:
{2 overs, 0 maiden, 10 runs, 0 wickets, 5.00 Economy Rate}

Match #7:
{4 overs, 0 maiden, 16 runs, 3 wickets, 8.00 Strike Rate, 4.00 Economy Rate }

Total Deliveries bowled: 48
Total Wickets Taken: 5
Runs Conceded: 36
Agrregate Strike Rate: 9.6
Aggregate Economy Rate: 4.5
Old January 12, 2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehedi
N

BKSP-GAZI TANK
The home side struggled in the 46-overs-a-side affair, being bowled out for 121 in 40.4 overs.

Only the impressive Asif Ahmed made 44 off 61 balls as the Gazi Tank spinners, particularly Sanjamul Islam, dominated. The left-arm spinner took four wickets for 20 while Alok Kapali picked up two wickets for just three runs.

The Sylhet all-rounder also shone with the bat, ending up with an unbeaten 39 off 74 balls with the help of a six and three boundaries as Gazi Tank wrapped up the chase in 39 overs.

SCORES IN BRIEF

SURJO TARUN: 152-9 in 50 overs (Devendra 32, Asif 32; Forhad 4-15, Shafiul 2-40)

OLD DOHS: 155-0 in 20.1 overs (Jamshed 80 not out, Omar 55 not out)

Result: Old DOHS won by 10 wickets.

CCS: 263-6 in 48 overs (Milon 74 not out, Amit 50; Abbas 3-44)

DOLESHWAR: 243-8 in 48 overs (Nadif 85, Sumon 35; Bashar 3-39, Suleiman 2-43)

Result: CCS won by 20 runs.

BKSP: 121 all out in 40.4 overs (Asif 44, Liton 14; Sanjamul 4-20)

GAZI TANK: 125-4 in 39 overs (Kapali 39 not out, Naeem 26 not out; Soumya 2-17)

Result: Gazi Tank won by six wickets.

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=169669
Did u miss this one?
Old January 12, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

He's not good enough im afraid, never was and never will be. He doesn't even average 20s in odi. Heck even Ash averages 20+.
Old January 13, 2011, 06:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Alok's problem is he fails to deliver and he's not actually a very good spinner.

However, he does have talent and I suspect the only reason why he is still in the mix is because siddons saw something in him in that ODI against India a couple of years ago (where he scored a hundred) and thinks this guy could be something special.

Kapali's domestic form has been at best mediocre and at worst woeful, yet he is still included in the training squad, that must be because someone in a position of influence fancies he can do something different.

I think he could make the final 15, though he doesn't deserve to on domestic form alone...
Old January 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

I like him and he is able to deliver big; but he is no Tendulkar and if he is out of form he should not be selected. If he is scoring consistently, he will be an asset for the team.