facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default BCB - are you reading? Ticket Problems

From Daily Star:
Ticketing descends to farce

Thousands of waiting fans were left feeling furious and cheated by the inexplicable handling of ticketing measures by both Kyazoonga and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) for yesterday's warm-up game between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

From Cricinfo

Voucher-holders miss warm-up match

As the Bangladesh-Pakistan game went on in front of what seemed a healthy crowd for a warm-up game, more ticket-holders were left stranded at the adjoining indoor stadium. A few thousand people with vouchers in hand, bought at local banks and over the internet, waited in queue since early morning on Tuesday to collect their tickets, but while the match was being played out, the ground remained half full

Old February 15, 2011, 09:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I have suffered through this Tuesday. The tickets are released 48 hours before the match. There are only 4 counters open to give out about 30K tickets from 8am to 6pm in two days (20 hours total). Thats about 1500 tickets an hour from these 4 counters (375 per counter per hour). Thats whopping 6 to 7 people per minute! Who was the rocket scientist this came up with this distribution plan?

The reality is ofcourse nowhere near that level. I was about to miss the match due to this huge half mile long crowd. My friend did some "desi" bidding and got me into a spot near the front. Even from that point (right at the main bamboo poles, and yes its made of bamboo, ropes and wooden box), it took about 2 hours for me to collect the ticket.

This can only happen in Bangladesh. Disgusted at the mismanagement. I am wondering what would happen to those foreigners who chose to pickup tickets at the venue!

Guess what, I gotta do this again for BD vs IND match.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; February 15, 2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old February 15, 2011, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I guess this was a good WU for everyone, not just the team- for the fans (woke em all up!), and BCB.

What's "desi biding"?
Old February 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
I have suffered through this Tuesday. There are only 4 counters open to give out about 30K tickets from 8am to 6pm. Thats about 3000 tickets an hour from these 4 counters (750 per counter per hour). Thats whopping 12.5 people per minute! Who is the rocket scientist who came up with this idea?

The reality is ofcourse nowhere near that level. I was about to miss the match due to this huge half mile long crowd. My friend did some "desi" bidding and got me into a spot near the front. Even from that point (right at the main bamboo poles), it took about 2 hours for me to collect the ticket.

This can only happen in Bangladesh. Disgusted at the mismanagement. I am wondering what would happen to those foreigners who chose to pickup tickets at the venue!
Just 4 counters? How much is it BCB and how much is Kyazoonga? The latter at least should know better from having "run" other big events in the past.

How difficult is the Math? You don't even need an Operations Research background or assume Poisson distribution and queuing theory to determine that one will need a "few" more than 4 counters to distribute 30K tickets.

As you said Nasif - simple commons sense. And the issue was compounded by the ticket checkers having to verify credit card copies and ID copies. Of course, the BCB washed its hands off the matter and put the blame solely on Kyazoonga. That's typical too - our pass the buck mentality.

Rather than saying what went wrong, could they not step up and say what they will fix? Why not step up to the plate and say,

"Yeah, we acknowledge problems with the ticket distributions. Irrespective of who is to blame, we intend to ensure that this does not repeat. As host, this is the least we can do. Our goal is to make this tournament a success and to ensure all our guests have a wonderful experience.

This is what we will do:
  • We have aassigned 20 more BCB employees to assist with the ticket distribution
  • We have identified two kinds of counters - the one's redeeming vouchers and the ones picking up at site to prevent confusion
  • For those picking up form the venue, we have clearly marked counters by initials of the first name on their ticket receipts and we have disributed the initials to ease pressure
  • We have requested more security personnel to ensure no chaos develops
  • We are going to open ticket distribution from 6 am in the morning
  • We are putting up more signage and flow control
  • We will have vendors selling snacks and drinks to those waiting (the profits will go to developing school cricket)
  • We are trying to arrange a few bands to entertain the crowds
  • etc
"

How difficult is it to think?
Old February 15, 2011, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
What's "desi biding"?
Thats when you go around ask people on the line if they are willing to sell their spot. We found a dhaka college student who was standing for his friend. He sold his spot for 200 taka.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 16, 2011, 01:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Nasif bhai..I saw your short interview in Banglavision newscast of the ticketing farce. Quite shocking to see all this happening. From the reaction of the policemen in front of camera..it surely looked like they're also into the whole business. They (police) were even trying to guard the blacker (caught red-handed by TV crew) from the cameras and reporters! Disgusting!
Old February 16, 2011, 01:46 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Thats when you go around ask people on the line if they are willing to sell their spot. We found a dhaka college student who was standing for his friend. He sold his spot for 200 taka.
BEEP! That's good money!
Old February 16, 2011, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Nasif bhai..I saw your short interview in Banglavision newscast of the ticketing farce. Quite shocking to see all this happening. From the reaction of the policemen in front of camera..it surely looked like they're also into the whole business. They (police) were even trying to guard the blacker (caught red-handed by TV crew) from the cameras and reporters! Disgusting!
Surprised that you recognized me. They only showed few seconds, there was more. I vented all the frustration for all the mismanagement and utter chaos.
Old February 16, 2011, 03:11 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

And you wonder why BCB does not want Banglacricket to run Tigercricket.
(answer - cause that would be a "common sense" solution, something, BCB can't even buy with all the money they have)
Old February 16, 2011, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
I have suffered through this Tuesday. The tickets are released 48 hours before the match. There are only 4 counters open to give out about 30K tickets from 8am to 6pm in two days (20 hours total). Thats about 1500 tickets an hour from these 4 counters (375 per counter per hour). Thats whopping 6 to 7 people per minute! Who was the rocket scientist this came up with this distribution plan?

The reality is ofcourse nowhere near that level. I was about to miss the match due to this huge half mile long crowd. My friend did some "desi" bidding and got me into a spot near the front. Even from that point (right at the main bamboo poles, and yes its made of bamboo, ropes and wooden box), it took about 2 hours for me to collect the ticket.

Guess what, I gotta do this again for BD vs IND match.
This is really pathetic, I am very sad that such inept people are running the show at the home of our cricket.