facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 30, 2016, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Riyad is least of your problems right now. Mushy deserves the axe more than Riyad, if we're to go by performance purely. Mosaddek will turn out to be decent I think, but too early now.

Riyad has the goods - bar Tamim perhaps he looks most comfortable playing pace. Especially the short balls, I've seen him play the pull very well in a lot of occasions. I guess him doing well at the last WC backs me up here.

His only problem is the brain-fade and inability to handle pressure better. But despite all this, I'd say let Riyad continue for a couple more series at least. Would take him anyday over Nafees, no matter how many runs he scores in domestic circuit.
you expressed exactly the words what I was thinking to write up
Old October 30, 2016, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

We need the bum in new Zealand pitches
Old October 30, 2016, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

lol at Riyads days are numbered.

I'm a strong critic of Riyad.But that's because I genuinely believe he can do so much better, playing normal test; slow and long innings instead of rushing it wrong times. And not because he genuinely sucks!

He needs to start getting test tons ASAP!

The way he gave it to Bairstow. I enjoyed that. Now, want to see more of that. Be bit more aggressive then we might find ourselves a new test captain potentially in Riyad. But he needs to score big runs at #4. Simple as that.
Old October 30, 2016, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Why is he under bowled SO MUCH though. He's a far better bowler than Sabbir and perhaps Hom. Yet he's underutilized as a bowler. Even Shakib, during his captaincy years, just refused to give Riyad extended spells.

Is it because he chooses not to bowl or something?
Old October 30, 2016, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why is he under bowled SO MUCH though. He's a far better bowler than Sabbir and perhaps Hom. Yet he's underutilized as a bowler. Even Shakib, during his captaincy years, just refused to give Riyad extended spells.

He has had less of the ball. But recently whenever he has had ball he's given ultra freebies and been expensive.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome back to the forum.
Old October 30, 2016, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Seems like he is focusing more as a batsman. Very rusty with the ball, as if he hasnt been practicing much. Whenever he's been brought on, he bowls long hops or full tosses.
Old October 30, 2016, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
He has had less of the ball. But recently whenever he has had ball he's given ultra freebies and been expensive.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome back to the forum.
Probably because it's been a while? He was bad in the first test alright. Leaked runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Seems like he is focusing more as a batsman. Very rusty with the ball, as if he hasnt been practicing much. Whenever he's been brought on, he bowls long hops or full tosses.
Fair enough, if he's decided to concentrate on his batting. He used to be really handy, though.
Old November 2, 2016, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Random thought but I have seen Riad involved in very few ads.

Sabbir has been involved in: Grameen Phone, Helio, Oscar, and there is more

Riad once had an Alooz ad and post world cup there was a Bashundhara cement ad. But that's it.

I wonder why
Old November 2, 2016, 03:11 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Because Riyad is an uncle and Ro is more marketable? Better looking?

You'd prob buy Ro's products over Mullah's.
Old November 2, 2016, 03:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ Because Riyad is an uncle and Ro is more marketable? Better looking?

You'd prob buy Ro's products over Mullah's.
Yes - " privacy dorkar"
I think Roman appeals to the females because of his looks and I suppose those exotic eyes.
Old January 12, 2017, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Said this before many times, will say it again.

Mahmudullah can only play a certain amount of deliveries. Between 40-60 is his prime amounts for test cricket. After that he becomes impatient, loose, tired, Lethargic, gifts his wicket, whatever but doesn't last. He is not a 100balls 30 or 120 ball 50 man, at test. You will never see him score. 100-150 ball 50 at test cricket, he simply doesn't have the mentality for that at test format!
Firmly, believe this to be HIGHLY true. Not only there's a certain amount of deliveries he faces and then gets out. Also, there's certain amount of runs, between around 25-70 is when he got out mostly, what I'm sure people will find searching up his last 20 test dismissals, in the list most amount of dismissals to be in those ranges.

I know today he got 26 off 64, but it's in that range, 40-80 balls is what I'm sure he plays before he got dismissed most times in his last 20 test innings. If anyone cares to search up, it would be good facts out.

SIMPLY. Mr Riyad. Needs to scrore a ton ASAP, at #4 he is not doing anything TBH, I can't remember the last time he played 100+ amount of deliveries. Dude, might look calm and has good test technique, and attributes but trust me, he is more impatient or gets out softly than Tamim, Sakib in test cricket (after a certain amount of runs and deliveries faced).
Old January 12, 2017, 06:13 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ppl wants him to bat at 4...Then they want him to be the...

Next captain....

Then continues to play stupid shots in test cricket...Some says he shouldn't bat at 4

Like this cycle.

One test hundred in 10+ years of INT cricket. Forget captaincy, he should be lucky to be in the playing XI imho
Old January 12, 2017, 06:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yes only one test hundred, when he first came to the team that was good enough, but now tamim and mominul are scoring centuries much more often so the expectation should be higher, mushy and shakib aren't converting often enough either. Shakib can get away with it because he's a genuine all rounder and massively contributes with the ball, mushy being the keeper gets away with it a bit but really the only two that are converting enough are tamim and mominul. But if you want real conversion rates look at guys like Steve smith, Kohli, Warner etc.

Joe root averages nearly 53, 11 test hundreds and people still say his conversion rate isn't good enough.
Old January 12, 2017, 06:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yes only one test hundred, when he first came to the team that was good enough, but now tamim and mominul are scoring centuries much more often so the expectation should be higher, mushy and shakib aren't converting often enough either. Shakib can get away with it because he's a genuine all rounder and massively contributes with the ball, mushy being the keeper gets away with it a bit but really the only two that are converting enough are tamim and mominul. But if you want real conversion rates look at guys like Steve smith, Kohli, Warner etc.

Joe root averages nearly 53, 11 test hundreds and people still say his conversion rate isn't good enough.
Joe Root has got 27 50s that's why, mominul needs to get better conversion rate.

Mahmadullah can't convert his 20s 30's and 40s into 50s so forget 100s

Old January 12, 2017, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Joe Root has got 27 50s that's why, mominul needs to get better conversion rate.

Mahmadullah can't convert his 20s 30's and 40s into 50s so forget 100s
Its just not good enough anymore. If BD want to become a more competitive test team then they need to keep increasing expectation of player output. Maintaining the current output won't make the team better.
Old January 12, 2017, 06:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no excuse, needs to do better, he is getting good starts but throws it away, a temperament problem.
Old January 12, 2017, 07:16 AM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

He changed his game in ODIs, he will fix it in tests as well. He got it in him
Old January 12, 2017, 07:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Guy only performs when under immense pressure from fans, otherwise in national colours does enough to stick around.. sooner us fans get on his case the better... meaning when we all go against him his going to deliver..
Old January 12, 2017, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Ppl wants him to bat at 4...Then they want him to be the...

Next captain....

Then continues to play stupid shots in test cricket...Some says he shouldn't bat at 4

Like this cycle.

One test hundred in 10+ years of INT cricket. Forget captaincy, he should be lucky to be in the playing XI imho
nobody wanted him to be our captain in longer format. All we wanted him to be captain in the shorter version of our game. He is most logical candidate for the post , unless you are fine with mediocre captain like shakib, tamim. Mushy is way too popular to be considered for that post. :P
Old January 12, 2017, 09:24 AM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Ryad has side on stance with legs relatively wide spread. Also he has the ability to play the ball late. Good hand eye co-ordination. These attributes made him the besr back foot player in our line up. He is also comfortable against short bowling.
But at the same time, he is vulnerable to full length outside off bowling. Because of his technique he has to reach for them. Specially when his feet does not move much. Today his feet movement was all over the place. Now there might be 2 reasons for it-
1. He is out of form, which is understandable
2. He had a pre mind set that he is going to sit back because the pitch has extra bounce and not much laternal movement. Which is tactically fine. But as an experienced barsman he should have adjusted when wegner was going full and taking the ball away from him. Mind you, wegner couldnt bring the ball back in because of the strong wind ( this is why Tamim's wicket was special. Boult swung the ball against strong wind and if you consider the previous ball, Tamim got a jaffer. Or, wind just stopped for a fraction of a second to help NZ get Tamim. The way he was batting, it looked like only nature can stop him lol)
What Ryad could do is, take his guard at middle instead of leg as the lbw was almost out of the equation, and come to front foot a bit more often.
I hope Samaraweera has a session with him regarding today's innings.

Ryad lifted his game immensely in last 2 years. We played a very few tests in this period and most of them were rain curtailed. I will give him 2017 before judging him in tests.
Old January 12, 2017, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

get rid of this poser!
Old January 12, 2017, 11:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Now a days he (along with Shakib) plays very shaky... even when they stay longer period of time.
Old January 12, 2017, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
He changed his game in ODIs, he will fix it in tests as well. He got it in him
Come on bro. 1 ton in 30 test that's over 50innings. He had many chances to score big 100s, had he maintained his cool, despite getting into set positions and on had many flat tracks at home to bat on, he bottled it and the wrong times (many a times!). Many examples available, Remember during the Abul Hasan record ton at 10? Riyad was batting well too but stuck in 70s overnight, came back next day got out cheap and easily, last match against England batting on 49 few balls to go DUDE played a wild slog out of no where. I've him plenty of times into set positions, into 40s, past 50s, reaches around 70 then there is no idea in his head what to do (in test), it seems. He simply doesn't seem to know-how what it takes to play long innings in white uniform of the game.

We can get mistaken by his style and the way he stands, takes strike as if he is proper suited to test player but tbh he prefers shots playing more in test than ODI hence lot of times he gets out in test playing brainfarted shots. He has done well to rejuvenate his odi game but his test game isn't good enough, and there are many guys like sarkars and nafees, litons, if given chances can play these range of runs/balls Mullah scores/plays, and better it with more tons within my much fewer amount of test played.

I would, give Riyad this test series and the one in India. I like Riyad, but I ain't going to blindly support anyone, just cause I like him and think he has it in him when he's stats in general, or recent years in terms of tons and big innings of high amount of balls faced,
Is POOR. Test cricket you need to eat up as much deliveries for the team. A 40-60 off 130-160 is more than great batting a 4. But Riyad hasn't got this capability in his head he has limited amount of patience (looks/style can deceive).

3more tests. If No Tons (needs least one bigish ton past 130). Then I'm affraid, he will need to get booted out of test cricket for good!
Old January 12, 2017, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Riyad's 22* against Pakistan in the Asia Cup last year is one of the nominees for T20I batting