facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2012, 02:49 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

He played 3 games it seems based on stats guru between positions 3-5... one of which was the great knock against Australia.

at position 6 his performance is unconvincing due to poor strike rate
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

to me it seems like some how he found a way to do just enough to be selected.

If we draw a comparison with Nasir... in only 14 matches he has notched up 3 fifties and one century (and few match winning knocks for the team too) whereas Mahmudullah has 6 fifties after 80 matches!
Old June 18, 2012, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

To get the best out of Mahmudullah he needs to bat higher up the order. He is simply wasted when low down the order. He cant play in tense situations. And i dont want everyone to have a bash at him when he doesnt do his job at no. 7 (he is not a no. 7 batsmen). Mahmudullah to me is a talented batsmen and his calm approach to the crease will allow him to perform. He is being overshadowed by Nasir.
Old June 18, 2012, 02:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Let riad bat at no. 8, I think he is in the team as a bowler and his quite adept at doing that. Id like to give guys like anamul and ziaur a chance.

And this is a no pressure series, hardly many BDeshis are following this series trust me. About 10% of those who watched the AC final are watching this series, so if the boys shouldnt take any pressure and play freely, the UNOFFICIAL word has no meaning here
Old June 18, 2012, 03:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I just want to see him one freaking match for us. It's been going on for a long time and needs to be stopped. Here are some points about him that NEEDS TO BE HEARD.

- He puts in too much effort in staying not out. He is selfish in one way for that and this probably comes from the insecurity of getting dropped but puts the team in a lot of pressure when chasing or setting targets in the last stages of an innings.
- He has to feel comfortable at the crease, will start by flicking anything on the middle/leg and try to get singles when he needs to swing his bat. Will always try to score the first few runs like that and consume balls in the process.
- He might have the physique but not the attacking mindset of an attacking batsman. Even if he is playing without pressure he just can't take risk, I am not sure if it is a confidence issue.
- I think in his mind he knows or feels that he does not want to hit out or does not want to bat so lower down ( I remember his interviews where he mentioned he wants to bat at the top of the order) so knowingly or unknowingly he takes time, rotates and then hits when the time has passed for him to hit.

I am not trying to make him a scapegoat. He is just what he is. He is not a hitter. When will the coach or anyone get that? My open challenge to him is win a match for us, does not even have to be my conditions, just score a quick 20 comeo and win a match, however small it is. Atleast we can call you a matchwinner for one match!!!
Old June 18, 2012, 03:07 AM
Banned

Tanvir_nus bro, as much as we all whine it wont change the thing, Riyad is become a "bojha" as we say in bangla without the team management not giving a heed to it. We all want to change him with some1 else, but the problem is, the ones to replace him arent finishers themselves, we had some so called big hitters like naeem, did he do any better? And we can always put nasir at no. 7 but that wud be a waste.

Infact, he has come to bat at 4 several times and he has failed MOST of the time so making him bat at 4 is also a waste. At the end of the day its upto the team management and lazy selectors understand that he is a deadwood in the side
Old June 18, 2012, 03:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I just want to see him one freaking match for us. It's been going on for a long time and needs to be stopped. Here are some points about him that NEEDS TO BE HEARD.

- He puts in too much effort in staying not out. He is selfish in one way for that and this probably comes from the insecurity of getting dropped but puts the team in a lot of pressure when chasing or setting targets in the last stages of an innings.
- He has to feel comfortable at the crease, will start by flicking anything on the middle/leg and try to get singles when he needs to swing his bat. Will always try to score the first few runs like that and consume balls in the process.
- He might have the physique but not the attacking mindset of an attacking batsman. Even if he is playing without pressure he just can't take risk, I am not sure if it is a confidence issue.
- I think in his mind he knows or feels that he does not want to hit out or does not want to bat so lower down ( I remember his interviews where he mentioned he wants to bat at the top of the order) so knowingly or unknowingly he takes time, rotates and then hits when the time has passed for him to hit.

I am not trying to make him a scapegoat. He is just what he is. He is not a hitter. When will the coach or anyone get that? My open challenge to him is win a match for us, does not even have to be my conditions, just score a quick 20 comeo and win a match, however small it is. Atleast we can call you a matchwinner for one match!!!
http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup...ch/535799.html
Old June 18, 2012, 04:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

He is surly stuck in between his natural skill and make shift skill. I guess the team management and selector is afraid to drop him knowing that they can’t give the position to Mahmudallah where he is good at - 4th or 5th drop. He has been used down the order more than reasonable time to establish himself as slogger which he can't be. They are just killing a middle order batsmen for a mirage. I hope Richard sorts it out and help the selectors to grow the balls to chuck their big time failed plan. Just deal with the fact that we dont have any power hitter and have a plan B,C,D.
Old June 18, 2012, 07:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Infact, he has come to bat at 4 several times and he has failed MOST of the time so making him bat at 4 is also a waste. At the end of the day its upto the team management and lazy selectors understand that he is a deadwood in the side
Dear PM,

I appreciate the fact that you're a passionate young fan but please stop making stuff up to put forth false arguments. Now, it is well within your right to like or dislike a player, but please keep it at that level rather than trying to pass your prejudice as facts. Non existent facts are exactly what they are: non existent. Public records will expose you every single time, and it becomes embarrassing for us all.

As far as your claim of Riyad coming to "bat at 4 several times", here are the facts. I suggest you check them before making such false claims.

I'll start from the Australia series, innings grouped according to tour:

Versus Australia in Bangladesh

1. 28* with SR of 90.3, batting at 7.

2. 38 with SR of 74.5, batting at 7.

3. 68* with SR of 111.5, batting at 4.

Versus Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe

1. 5 with SR of 33.3, batting at 6.

2. 3 with SR of 50.5, batting at 7.

3. 14 with SR of 117.3, batting at 7.

4. DNB

5. 60* with SR of 89.6, batting at 7.

Versus Pakistan in Bangladesh

1. 1 with SR of 50, batting at 6.

2. 20* with SR of 91, batting at 7.

3. 35 with SR of 48, batting at 3.

Asia Cup in Bangladesh

1. 0 with SR of 0, batting at 6.

2. 4* with SR of 200, batting at 7.

3. 32* with SR of 97, batting at 7.

4. 17* with SR of 106, batting at 7.

So, looks like he batted at 4 ONLY ONCE and at 3 (something I never suggested BTW) ONLY ONCE during his last 14 at bat in ODIs. He did well on both occasions given the match situation at the time. Your claim is dishonest and utter BS. Please stop treating us as if we're idiots
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM..
Old June 18, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Riyad may be a good player but definitely has big limitations in real international matches. We have seen him remaining not out or batting for long period a lot of times and losing those matches for us. A good middle order batsman should have the capability to accelerate when needed. Unfortunately he lacks that skill to score quick runs to win matches.

I personally don't like his batting approach. Somehow he manages to keep a good average as a BD batsman. But doesn't manage winning matches. A player with loser mentality!
Old June 18, 2012, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Dear PM,

I appreciate the fact that you're a passionate young fan but please stop making stuff up to put forth false arguments. Now, it is well within your right to like or dislike a player, but please keep it at that level rather than trying to pass your prejudice as facts. Non existent facts are exactly what they are: non existent. Public records will expose you every single time, and it becomes embarrassing for us all.

As far as your claim of Riyad coming to "bat at 4 several times", here are the facts. I suggest you check them before making such false claims.

I'll start from the Australia series, innings grouped according to tour:

Versus Australia in Bangladesh

1. 28* with SR of 90.3, batting at 7.

2. 38 with SR of 74.5, batting at 7.

3. 68* with SR of 111.5, batting at 4.

Versus Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe

1. 5 with SR of 33.3, batting at 6.

2. 3 with SR of 50.5, batting at 7.

3. 14 with SR of 117.3, batting at 7.

4. DNB

5. 60* with SR of 89.6, batting at 7.

Versus Pakistan in Bangladesh

1. 1 with SR of 50, batting at 6.

2. 20* with SR of 91, batting at 7.

3. 35 with SR of 48, batting at 3.

Asia Cup in Bangladesh

1. 0 with SR of 0, batting at 6.

2. 4* with SR of 200, batting at 7.

3. 32* with SR of 97, batting at 7.

4. 17* with SR of 106, batting at 7.

So, looks like he batted at 4 ONLY ONCE and at 3 (something I never suggested BTW) ONLY ONCE during his last 11 at bat in ODIs. He did well on both occasions given the match situation at the time. Your claim is dishonest and utter BS. Please stop treating us as if we're idiots
But this is T20, i think he'll get into our ODI XI but the issue is that he fails to hit sixes at crucial times and even if he comes at no. 4 he has to have the ability to milk runs from the the word go and if he cant fail to do that so there is of no use of playing him at no. 4 in T20s
Old June 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Savant

No need to be purely argumentative here. That won't work either.

If you go back to my posts, I talked about him being convinced, even forced to bat at 4 in ODIs to see how he does or be dropped from the format because I feel he's a waste batting down the order. He's not a power hitter capable of switching gears with ease at 6 or 7, and has leadership issues when batting with tailenders. I never thought he was a T20I player.

I don't at all have a problem with him batting lower down the order in tests.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 18, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
No need to be purely argumentative here. That won't work either.

If you go back to my posts, I talked about him being convinced, even forced to bat at 4 in ODIs to see how he does or be dropped from the format because I feel he's a waste batting down the order. He's not a power hitter capable of switching gears with ease at 6 or 7, and has leadership issues when batting with tailenders. I never thought he was a T20I player.

I don't at all have a problem with him batting lower down the order in tests.
When Mushy's had 18 opportunities batting at #4 and still averages only a 24.82 compared to his average of 28.61 at the #6 spot, I just don't see why he still bats there. Let Riyad or Nasir have a run at #4 if Shakib is still reluctant to bat there.
Old June 18, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
When Mushy's had 18 opportunities batting at #4 and still averages only a 24.82 compared to his average of 28.61 at the #6 spot, I just don't see why he still bats there. Let Riyad or Nasir have a run at #4 if Shakib is still reluctant to bat there.
I have no faith in Rahim batting at 3 or 4 either, until he learns to play the quality pace and swing that will come his way up there, especially at good to yorker length. I hope he works hard to do just that.

Riyad can be tried there for sure. Maybe Nasir can be moved up there more gradually. Shakib is probably the best solution at 4 anyway.
Old June 18, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
I have no faith in Rahim batting at 3 or 4 either, until he learns to play the quality pace and swing that will come his way up there, especially at good to yorker length. I hope he works hard to do just that.

Riyad can be tried there for sure. Maybe Nasir can be moved up there more gradually. Shakib is probably the best solution at 4 anyway.
This I have said a 100 times. I just don't understand how the team mgmt fail to see Mushy is not that good against pace bowling in foreign condition. Not that in T20 there's an option but Mushy should never come in when the ball is still semi-new.

And going back to Riyad, he's just one of those batsmen who does hot have the guts to go after the bowling. He's got the shots but not the balls. Since he does not have what it takes to be a hitter in the lower order and have what it takes to be a top order I don't see what issue the mgmt have to select the right spot for him. He's not stupendously talented but can accumulate runs at a fair rate with singles and two's.
Old June 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Shakib's the most surefire option at the #4 spot for the shorter versions. So he's the best bet there.
Old June 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

^Agreed but won't mind if Riyad is given a shot there to try and keep his job. He needs that being a new dad and all, especially when we don't play many tests.
Old June 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
^Agreed but won't mind if Riyad is given a shot there to try and keep his job. He needs that being a new dad and all, especially when we don't play many tests.
I wouldn't mind either. Since he's now batting there in Tests, it would be good if he seals that spot for ODIs as well. It would take away a big headache for our team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Drop him.... play someone else... who do we have? Zia, Farhad... get someone from BD, Mominul, Shuvagata anyone

in 2 matches, there will be threads where these fans that are complaining here will cry for his inclusion. Thats BC...

Its T20... and if Bangladesh have any proven player, Its Shakib. No point pointing the finger at Riyad. If you guys actually saw the match, you would actually know that he tried to hit but didnt make it... he wasnt being selfish at all.
Old June 18, 2012, 10:40 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Drop him.... play someone else... who do we have? Zia, Farhad... get someone from BD, Mominul, Shuvagata anyone

in 2 matches, there will be threads where these fans that are complaining here will cry for his inclusion. Thats BC...

Its T20... and if Bangladesh have any proven player, Its Shakib. No point pointing the finger at Riyad. If you guys actually saw the match, you would actually know that he tried to hit but didnt make it... he wasnt being selfish at all.
Did you bother to read what is being discussed here? I did see the match. i don't think the discussion here is based on the last T-20 game and also no body is accusing him of being selfish in the last game.
Old June 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

Its not whats intent what people criticize, its his ability that is being criticized. If you come at no. 6/7 but you cant hit the big ones then you are no real good to the team, and add to that riad cant innovate neither does he have the ability to get the ball over the infield for four. He may do it countless times in Domestics against ordinary pacers in the country but in Intl cricket youll be facing fast bowlers who will be absolutely merciless

nevertheless riad showed intent of going big as he has done in the recent past, but he yet again fails to deliver
Old June 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Savant

^Agreed. He's pretty much useless at 6, 7 or 8 in ODIs and T20Is for observations posted throughout this thread. He's not a T20I player anywhere in the batting order IMHO. But look at his performance at 4 and then 3 against quality pacers with real pace through the air! We're talking about Johnson, Pattinson, Gul and Tanvir here. I think he deserves a shot there before we think about dropping him from ODIs.
Old June 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

^^
No1's thinking about dropping mullah from ODIs, considering the fact that he bowls quite well. But the real issue is arises is our batting order. Mushy coming at no. 4 is quite debatable considering the fact that he has failed on most occasions up the order compared to batting at 6 which he has done much better. Nasir is some1 who can bat quite well at the top. and considering shakib plays, mullah has nowhere to bat but at 7 in this kind of situation. This is definitely not the place for Riad, either he bats at no 3/4 or he doesnt play in the team AT ALL. With prospects like anamul or jahurul batting at no. 3 then dont think mullah will get a chance there, so he is left at no. 4 where nasir or mushy might bat so at the end of the day Mullah gets to bat where he doesnt to belong to and thus he fails to deliver for himself and his team
Old June 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Did you bother to read what is being discussed here? I did see the match. i don't think the discussion here is based on the last T-20 game and also no body is accusing him of being selfish in the last game.
Yes I did, all the argument here basically comes down to the conclusion that he should be dropped for someone else. But the truth is, there is no one who is better and proven for T20 from Bangladesh.
Old June 19, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Where are the Riyad haters????

played the best shots and certainly bowled the best!
Old June 19, 2012, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Where are the Riyad haters????

played the best shots and certainly bowled the best!
dont say like that.. He didnt do it for the team.. It would have been better loosing it by 100 runs and getting knocked out of the tournament rather than seeing performing Riyad to cement his place..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)