facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 12, 2011, 05:55 PM
Test Cricketer

The little cute chubby kid looks like one my cousins in Bangladesh!! Infact I am 66% sure it is him ! Nadim where did you get that picture from exactly??
Old March 12, 2011, 10:02 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
The little cute chubby kid looks like one my cousins in Bangladesh!! Infact I am 66% sure it is him ! Nadim where did you get that picture from exactly??
thats the Graminphone add campain...showing in tv all over bd
Old March 12, 2011, 10:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
What looks odd in Nadim's picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
the bottom right corner picture? She is the only one not wearing a jersey and looks like a regular picture. Nadim's relative/ gf?
Quote:
Bingo! Rubu bhai, 5 taka puroshkar.
What about the guy in the lower left corner?

Old March 12, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

a few thoughts:

*) no dew factor/ no day night match

**) Ryan Ten Doeschate poses a real threat, this guy could easily make it to the aussie/Sri lankan/Indian any legendary cricketing team in the world. we must contain him.

***) the dutch has a talented lineup in seelar, Mudasser Bukhari, Ten doeschate and a few others. there is no way we should take them lightly. this team scored 292 against England not too long ago.

****) We should confront our fears and bat first. if we truly really believe let's put it into action

Last edited by Rifat; March 12, 2011 at 10:27 PM..
Old March 12, 2011, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I hope Shahriar Nafees plays, ami or jonno doa korbo
lol..shudhu doa keno? dui tin ta rojao rakha jai. :-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 12, 2011, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Except the grandpa, everyone else praying like Christian or Hindu. It's like theres only 1% Muslims in Bangladesh. Rest are Christians and Hindus.
it is the image we want to project that even though Bangladesh is a muslim majority nation, we welcome people from all walks of faiths as our brothers and sisters in humanity, more importantly as our fellow countrymen. this is one of the reasons why many hindus in Bangaldesh enjoy Eid as much as a muslim does, or muslims enjoy the festivities of the durga puja just as much as any hindu does(without commiting shirk)!
Old March 12, 2011, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim 98
Quote:
What looks odd in Nadim's picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
the bottom right corner picture? She is the only one not wearing a jersey and looks like a regular picture. Nadim's relative/ gf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Except the grandpa, everyone else praying like Christian or Hindu. It's like theres only 1% Muslims in Bangladesh. Rest are Christians and Hindus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
What about the guy in the lower left corner?
All I know is that that hindu chick on the top-middle is HOOOOT!

Oh, and the dude on the bottom left is definitely sleeping...
Old March 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Match is tommorow! Yaayyy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 12, 2011, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

This match is very important for Bangladesh to win, hope they play according to the plan
Old March 12, 2011, 11:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
This match is very important for Bangladesh to win, hope they play according to the plan
Agree, we really have to be serious about tomorrow and not the same thing happen what happened after Ireland...batsmen have the huge responsibility especially Tamim needs to play a big innings...Dutch batting is really good and their slow bowlers were also effective...no time for us to relax after the England win
Old March 12, 2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

wow, less than 24 hours away, where is everyone?
Old March 13, 2011, 12:08 AM
Club Cricketer

We need to come out from the tatic of '' Don't break the winning combination''. change in batting order seriously need. ash shld come in in place of roki and ns for junaid and shuvo in for naeem.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
All I know is that that hindu chick on the top-middle is HOOOOT!

Old March 13, 2011, 12:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Why there is a need for breaking winning combo? Wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Bismillah!

Need to fix our batting....

Would like to bring in SN & Shuvo for Rok & Junaid. Reason for shuvo's inclusion, Holland have 11 RH bat, so 3 SLA will be awesome

Good Luck Rubu da
Old March 13, 2011, 12:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Ash again? why? why?? why??? why we cant leave this poor guy alone? why? why?? why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaadi123
We need to come out from the tatic of '' Don't break the winning combination''. change in batting order seriously need. ash shld come in in place of roki and ns for junaid and shuvo in for naeem.
Old March 13, 2011, 02:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
No! I know that look. He's praying and day-dreaming simulataneously...for some khichuri with dim-bhuna (curried egg). And some firni and payesh.
Old March 13, 2011, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

My team selection:

Chittagong
Meherpur
Rajshahi
Dhaka (not Jamalpur)
Magura
Bogra(1)
Mymensingh
Gaibandha
Khulna
Bogra(2)
Bagerhat

And the winner will be Bangladesh.... inshAllah...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 13, 2011, 04:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Old March 13, 2011, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Na Bhujsi, Shahriar Nafees er jonno andolon shuru korte hobe!
Old March 13, 2011, 04:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Are they twins
Old March 13, 2011, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Amar Bhai! Tomar Bhai! Nafees Bhai! Nafees Bhai!
Old March 13, 2011, 05:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

@Abirz : SN thumar relative thai na? Ok let me guess

SN thumar dulabhai ?

Rule: After 5 guesses Abirz will give us a clue (Rule taken from guess the cricketer)
Old March 13, 2011, 05:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
@Abirz : SN thumar relative thai na? Ok let me guess

SN thumar dulabhai ?

Rule: After 5 guesses Abirz will give us a clue (Rule taken from guess the cricketer)
Na bhai, ami unar party'r lok

Nafees Bhair Choritro! Fuler Moton Pobitro!
Old March 13, 2011, 07:04 AM

Bangladesh v Netherlands, Group B, World Cup 2011, Chittagong

Bangladesh not complacent, says coach

Sidharth Monga in Chittagong
March 13, 2011

Suhrawadi Shuvo could be picked for Monday's fixture © AFP

Enlarge

Related Links
Players/Officials: Jamie Siddons
Matches: Bangladesh v Netherlands at Chittagong
Series/Tournaments: ICC Cricket World Cup
Teams: Bangladesh

A day after their upset, the Bangladesh team has already been promised rewards by a private business house: a million taka each to Mahmudullah and Shafiul Islam, the ninth-wicket partnership that fashioned the unlikely win, and a lakh each to the rest of the team. There was even a function organised last night, but the BCB had to get the festivities postponed. The World Cup is not yet over, and Bangladesh need to guard against this kind of complacency when they face Netherlands.

It is an interesting situation that Bangladesh find themselves in. They are alive in the tournament, yet they also rely a lot on England and Ireland not winning their matches against West Indies and South Africa respectively. While that should leave them really charged up for the game against Netherlands, it is not hard to see why complacency can creep in.

Netherlands have never played in Bangladesh before, and they are bound to encounter problems playing the spinners who tied England in knots.
"Each time we play a game, we try to win," Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, said. "So there is no complacency. That game is forgotten now, we move on. Whole new set of players, whole new set of plans, and possibly a whole new team." The whole new team points to the possible inclusion of another left-arm spinner, Surhawadi Shuvo, because Netherlands have a lot of right-hand batsmen in their line-up.

There are other possible distractions too. One of them is Bangladesh's poor net run-rate, at -1.241. To secure themselves against the eventuality of England's beating West Indies and Ireland winning their remaining games, Bangladesh either need to win both their remaining games, or win this one by a margin so huge that they rectify their net run-rate a bit. Beating South Africa, which is Bangladesh's last game, is a huge task, Siddons admitted.

"Mathematically if England win their next game, we can't get in, unless we win against South Africa, which is a very difficult task," Siddons said, the assumption being that Bangladesh beat Netherlands. "I am not going to guarantee that we will win against South Africa. We need to win the next two games. If England win their game, doesn't matter what we do in this game if we can't win the last game. Run-rate is very poor."
The wise thing would be to not go after the net run-rate tomorrow, instead just secure the two points, which going by rankings, they are expected to. Siddons agreed. "We won't focus on the run-rate," Siddons said. "We have got to win the match, and then win against South Africa, and we are through. That's the main focus, make sure we look after the business here. Just execute our plans, no slip-ups tomorrow. And worry about the other results after that. Quarter-finals will be great, but we have got to play good cricket."

Boosting the net run-rate is not an easy task in Bangladesh, unless a team gets dismissed for 58. "The run-rate thing is really difficult here, because our wickets aren't really 300-run wickets," Siddons said. "Whereas over there [in India] it seems everybody is making 300 easily. Our pitches and our grounds are very different to those in India and Sri Lanka. Wickets are a lot harder to make big scores on here. You have to be very careful, chasing 300 on our wickets. Very difficult."
The distractions aside, Siddons was a confident man on the eve of the game. The reason is not hard to see. "Everyone's confidence was a little knocked around [after the 58 all out]," Siddons said. "That [the win against England] gives us confidence again. Our bowlers are definitely doing the job, and our batsmen have stepped up and made enough runs to win the game against a very good team. It gives us a lot of confidence. This team [England] drew with India and beat South Africa, don't forget that. And we beat them. We are ready to go for the next two games."

More importantly, what pleases Siddons is that Bangladesh have won both the games that went close. "I am really happy with the way we are winning the close games," he said. "Against New Zealand as well [in the whitewash], we won a couple of really close games. And Zimbabwe. It's starting to become a feature of our cricket. We don't give up easily. If we get within striking distance, we come out in front rather than lose those games now, which wasn't the case in our history."
Bangladesh will hope they can win against Netherlands without actually making it a tight game, but beware a side that has nothing to lose and a party to spoil.

Sidharth Monga is an assistant editor at ESPNcricinfo
Feeds: Sidharth Monga © ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Last edited by kalpurush; March 13, 2011 at 07:28 AM..
Old March 13, 2011, 07:27 AM

Bangladesh v Netherlands, Group B, World Cup 2011, Chittagong

Netherlands out to ruin hosts' party

Sidharth Monga in Chittagong
March 13, 2011

Netherlands have no hopes of qualification, but can ruin a party or two © Getty Images

Enlarge

Related Links
Players/Officials: Peter Borren
Matches: Bangladesh v Netherlands at Chittagong
Series/Tournaments: ICC Cricket World Cup
Teams: Bangladesh | Netherlands

Netherlands drew the wrong group in this World Cup. They must feel rotten every time they watch Canada and Kenya go through the motions in the other group. However, Group B has been richer for their presence, and they have contributed in their own way in making the group interesting, not least by scoring 292 against England and having India at 99 for 4. Now that they cannot make it to the quarter-finals, Netherlands draw motivation from knowing that they can make the group even more interesting by ruining on a party or two.

"I am not too sure how it will suit Ireland, as in them trying to qualify, but Bangladesh are right in the mix to qualify," Peter Borren, their captain, said. "Ireland also there or thereabouts. It definitely will be our intention to ruin that party for them, and I guess it's nice at this time with our games against Bangladesh and Ireland. It's good that they still have a bearing on the tournament, on the qualification for the next round. It is a very strong group, and we have seen it's not been easy to predict results. It's just great that we can go in there, and the matches that we play still count."

If Netherlands manage to cause an upset in their next game, against Bangladesh, they will have done them a major disservice, for then Bangladesh will have to win against South Africa to have any shot at making it to the next round. They can draw inspiration from their only international meeting with Bangladesh, a six-wicket win in Glasgow, but they know the Glasgow result matters as much to Chittagong as Scotland does to this World Cup.

"There is no doubt we get some positives out of the win we had against Bangladesh last year," Borren said. "We have played them once, and we have had that win. It was in completely different conditions, foreign conditions for Bangladesh, and the end of a long tour for them. We take positives out of it, but we are very realistic about the challenge we are going to confront tomorrow, and in these conditions Bangladesh are obviously a very difficult team to beat."

Netherland's big challenge will be no prior knowledge of the conditions that have managed to surprise the best of the teams. Moreover they have hardly played Bangladesh at top levels. "Our knowledge of our opponents and the conditions are pretty limited," Borren said. "We have watched them play quite a bit, and we saw them play here in Bangladesh, against England the other night, so we are pretty aware of what we are going to come up against. And conditions as well, something we have practised quite a lot playing against spin on slow wickets, coming into this tournament. I guess the match tomorrow, the conditions that we are going to get, are the epitome of what we have been training for."
Netherlands will try to prey on the fact that Bangladesh have a lot more to lose, and that they can be an inconsistent side. "Tomorrow, us coming here and beating Bangladesh at home would be an upset I guess," Borren said. "As we have seen, Bangladesh can be an unpredictable team, a team which has its problem with consistence. After a really good win they had the other day, I know we still have a good chance of beating them tomorrow. That's what we'll be looking to do."

Netherlands might not have much to lose in terms of progression to the next rounds, but they have their goals to attain. Having played the tough teams until now, they are looking to turn a corner in terms of results. "Coming into this tournament we wanted to create chances to win games, and we wanted to try and take those chances," Borren said. "So far we've had a pretty difficult draw, we've come up against four top teams probably, on paper. Obviously tomorrow and Ireland are not going to be easy games.
"But you know we have played against four top teams, we have played two good games against England and I think we competed well with India the other day. Two disappointing performances against South Africa and West Indies in between. To be honest, we have played those four really really tough games, we now look to win these two last games. If we can leave having played four tough games, playing well in them, and then winning these two last games, I think we will be very happy with that."

Sidharth Monga is an assistant editor at ESPNcricinfo